You are not connected. Please login or register

Familiar Faces [Plot/Private]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Familiar Faces [Plot/Private] Empty Familiar Faces [Plot/Private] 21/12/15, 02:20 pm

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Ari smiled as she flew across the Plains, enjoying the scenery that was familiar yet ever changing. She enjoyed coming out to the Plains to clear her head and meditate, the surroundings making her feel more in tune with nature and the flow of the world. Since her transformation to Magi, she had taken to noticing the flow of rukh around her. What was once just an idle background flicker and distraction was now something she viewed as a great and wondrous thing, now that she knew what it was all connected to. As she flew, her eyes scanned along the ground, her carpet low enough to easily view passing caravans and settlements but high enough to keep from spooking their livestock or frightening their children. Her sight settled on a group of wanderers, something about them piquing her interest. Atop their heads, several of the villagers sported rather animal features, making her think of Lexiara, the young woman she had helped in Reim. Curiosity made her fly lower, perhaps these people would know where the young blonde haired girl had ended up.

Lexiara

Lexiara
A-Tier
A-Tier

Lexi hummed as she toted Nymeria through the village, headed for the hut they used to tan their leathers. It had been relatively quiet recently and she was using it as a chance to bond with her daughter before the toddler would be leaving for Reim. She trusted Ayero to take care of her child while she finished with her mission. A shadow flickering over the ground made her squint and peer upwards, a slender eyebrow arching to see someone on a flying carpet descending into the village. Lexi’s hand instinctively went to Onyxia on her thigh, ready to defend her home if need be, but her grip relaxed when she saw who was on the carpet, her face brightening as she called out to the familiar magician that had helped rescue Onyx in Reim.

“Ariella!”

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Ari brightened when she heard her name called, Fate had been kind and had led her right to Lexiara. Of all the tribes on the Plains, she had managed to locate her acquaintance on the first try, a stroke of luck to be sure. She climbed off the carpet and smiled broadly at the girl with cat ears as she approached, the tiny infant on Lexi’s back waving with a giggle. Was that Lexi’s child? There would be time to ask questions, and she had a few based on the tired look in Lexi’s eyes.

“Lexiara! How are you? How is Onyx?”

She had no way of knowing the girl’s brother had been slaughtered and she was eager to see how the man she had rescued was doing.

Lexiara

Lexiara
A-Tier
A-Tier

Lexi froze at the question from the magician, her face becoming solemn.

“Onyx was killed a few months ago in an attack by slave traders.”

She made an obvious effort to brush the sadness from her face, pulling Nymeria from the sling on her back and holding the child up. Nymeria’s red hair and fox ears bounced gently as she gave a soft coo of happiness and made grabbing hands towards Ariella.

“This little thing is Nymeria, my daughter. Nymeria, this is mama’s friend, Ariella.”

The infant responded by leaning forward, trying to reach for the magician’s long purple hair. Lexi chuckled and shook her head.

“And how have you been, Ariella?”

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Ari sobered at the news of Onyx, knowing Lexi must be hurting, but when Nymeria reached for her, she smiled broadly and lifted the child into her arms. Nymeria giggled and immediately began playing with her hair. She greeted the child before looking back to Lexi.

“Hello there, little Nymeria. I have been doing alright. Much has happened since I last saw you. Speaking of which, I would like to give you something. I no longer have a use for them, sadly.”

Shifting Nymeria to one hip, Ari shrugged her bag from her other shoulder and dug out her chained dagger and the throwing daggers Lexi had given her before. As much as she hated to give them up, she needed to focus on her magic now. She held them out to Lexi with a smile.

“Take them, use them to protect your little bundle of joy. I have found I do not have time to focus on anything other than my magic and I would hate for these to go to waste.”

Items Given:

Lexiara

Lexiara
A-Tier
A-Tier

Lexi was shocked as Ari handed her the throwing daggers she had so long ago given up and a new weapon, a dagger on a chain. As she felt the weight of the weapons in her hands, she gave Ari a broad smile, knowing how valuable such tools could be on her mission to rid the world of these slave traders. The throwing knives seemed to have just a bit more weight and sharpness to them, Ariella had obviously had them improved since receiving them.

“Are you sure you want to give these up?”

Even as she asked the question, she was tucking them away, the throwing daggers strapped on the opposite thigh of Onyxia and the unusual chained dagger looping around her waist and acting like a belt.

“Thank you, Ariella. These will be most useful here.”

Items Received:

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Ari nodded at Lexi’s question, reassuring the young woman.

“You will find far more use for them than I ever could.”

She looked around at the others in the settlement, noticing that they were all bustling and attempting not to stare at the tail sticking out from beneath her skirt. She knew most were wondering if she was like them, but the lack of ears nestled in her purple locks confused them. The tail had been a magical prank her brother had played that had never worn off. Upon further inspection, it appeared the villagers were packing up large wagons and she realized they were probably preparing to migrate to friendlier terrain.

“Well, it looks like you and your people are quite busy. I just wanted to make sure you were okay. I hope you and Nymeria stay safe and happy. May we meet again soon, young Lexi.”

She handed the infant back to her mother, bowing slightly at Lexi before preparing to depart on her carpet.

[exit]

Lexiara

Lexiara
A-Tier
A-Tier

Lexi chuckled at Ari’s wandering eyes. The settlement was in full swing with getting things packed and ready for their next move. The scouts had found a well-protected area within two week’s travel of here and Lexi was trying to help get them prepared. Shana and the children would be leaving soon and once they were gone, she was not sure she planned to stay with the villagers. She had not fully decided yet, though, and until then, she would make herself useful.

“We are quite busy, but it was lovely seeing you again, Miss Ariella. Thank you again for the new weapons, I promise they will not go to waste with me.”

She gave the magician a friendly smile as the woman climbed on her carpet, Lexi bouncing Nymeria on her hip and waving at Ari. It had been nice seeing the woman again, but it was time to work again.

[exit]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum