You are not connected. Please login or register

A Familiar Foe[Nom/Private]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A Familiar Foe[Nom/Private] Empty A Familiar Foe[Nom/Private] 24/05/22, 08:45 am

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

Job Name: A Familiar Foe
Job Rank: A
Job Location: Reim
Job Reward: 30,000 Huang | 500 xp
Job Prerequisites: Zion | Safeguarding The Nation
Job Overview:
Agrippica is targeting Councilman Basilius during a private party at another councilman's personal estate. He is attempting to spread yet another mind controlling ring into the hands of council members under orders from a mysterious figure seated in Magnostadt. Zion must infiltrate the party and take advantage of the chance to destroy all six existing rings while the councilmen and Aggripica are present. Upon exposing Agrippica, interrogate him for information on his master. But before he can speak, another magic tool hidden on him activates, turning the merchant into a mutated warrior using life magic. Defeat him and confiscate the communication magic tool from his belongings in order to come face to face with the mastermind behind this whole plot.

A Familiar Foe[Nom/Private] Raf,750x1000,075,t,fafafa:ca443f4786
Enemy Name: Mutated Aggripica
Enemy Tier: A
Damage Required to Defeat: 4 A-tier
Description: A man under the effects of a cruel magic tool which turns the bearer into an abomination of life magic. Their brain has been restructured into a more primal state and rewired for indiscriminate violence with not rhyme or reason to its destructive actions. The creature is 3m tall and thick plant matter grows from its flesh forming thick powerful limbs. It is capable of A-tier damage and D-tier human movement speed with limbs capable of temporarily growing up to 10m away for basic attacks. The creature's body takes one lower tier damage from blunt force attacks and one higher tier  damage from fire based attacks. The abomination dies automatically when its host is sucked dry of magoi giving it a lifespan of 5 posts.
Abilities:
  • Violent Vines - The abomination unleashes four vines from one hand each being 50cm thick. The vines lash out up to 40m away and slam into targets dealing C-teir damage each.
  • Gore Growth - The abomination unleashes four vines from one hand each being 50cm thick. The vines spiral around each other forming a tapered point which is hardened over with bark. The giant sharp vine launches towards a target up to 60m away dealing A-tier damage.
  • Bulwark of Bark - The abomination slams the ground with one of its feet sending vines through the earth. The vines erupt from the ground up to 10m away forming a 3m wide 5m tall 1m thick wall of vines which quickly produce a thick layer of bark on either face. The wall is capable of blocking up to A-tier damage.
  • Binding Bark - Using the long vines from Violent Vines or Gore Growth, the abomination controls its extended limbs to wrap around a struck target binding their arms and legs before hardening into an unusually tough bark. The binding holds targets in place with A-tier force, and requires that much damage to destroy.
  • Seeking Nourishment - If the abomination catches a target with either basic actions or Binding Bark it will seek nourishment from their bodies and forcibly absorb magoi from the victim. The victim loses 10 magoi per turn for 4 posts or until they break free. For each 10 magoi absorbed, the abomination's life span is extended by 2 posts.

"This isn't going to work." Basilius said in a gruff voice full of skepticism. "It is going to work." His own voice replied from across the room as Zion put on clothes from the councilman's wardrobe. But the youthful silver haired magician was not in his usual form. Instead he had already used the Trickster Foxspirt technique to transform himself into a near perfect copy of Basilius. Vibrant alabaster skin was now wrinkled, covered in age spots, and a dull tan from years spent on the battlefield or in the fields. "Do you have a spare cane? I can't very well imitate your bad leg and limp about without one." The disguised Zion said as he scanned the room. Basilius sighed and shook his head before tossing the ebony cane he was most fond of. The head was capped in ivory which had been carved into the shape of a lion's head. "I do, but I would never take it to a social function of such prestige. Take this one instead...you should drink some wine too. If you don't smell of alcohol nobody would believe its me."

A Familiar Foe[Nom/Private] LYrajQB

Zion caught the cane with a frown. "I'm not getting drunk...but I'll do what I can." He then walked over to the amphora and, to Basilius' great dismay, began pouring the wine within onto his hand. Zion slapped the wine across his neck and arms, even his legs. He then manipulated his cheeks to be flushed red using his body manipulation art. "There, anything else?" The false old man asked his counterpart impatiently. Basilius was still looking at the wine which had spilled onto the floor with regret. "No...no, you get going if you think you can pull this off. I'm never late." The councilman said with a dismissive wave. Zion grinned which looked unnatural on the old grouch's face. "Don't worry, I'll just act like a grumpy old drunkard and nobody will be any the wiser~"

A Familiar Foe[Nom/Private] Roman-villa-5877801

Dusk was beginning to transition to twilight when the disguised Zion finally arrived at Aggripica's villa where the evening's party was set to take place. He growled in defiance against Basilius' servant who moved to help his master down from the carriage and swatted him away with the cane. "I can dismount myself, damnit!" Zion then carefully and slowly lowered himself down onto what was Basilius' good leg using a shaking wrinkled arm to hold onto the carriage for support as he did. At last, the bad leg and cane lowered to meet the ground as well. The magician scratched the temporary gray beard he wore as he looked over the villa.

The wealth on display here was very impressive. It was his first time seeing a private home within Reim that had such opulence. Fountains and pools spilled forth from in front of the entryway adorned by carefully landscaped plants and masterfully carved statues of marble. The small fortune spent maintaining the grounds alone was probably far beyond what the average citizen could afford. It was almost sickening to think that the country's elite could enjoy such wasteful expenses. This thought was cut short however when a servant from the villa stepped forward to greet him. "Councilman Basilius, punctual as always. Master Aggripica welcomes you to his summer estate. Please, this way." The man then led onwards up the steps careful not to move too quickly for the cane wielding veteran. Zion grunted in ascent and hobbled up the steps careful to rely on the cane whenever his left foot met the marble stone floor.

The servant led Zion inside as he explained in an apologetic tone, "The master hoped to grant you extra time to consider his offer and so your invitation was set at a later time than the others. Please do not take offense, but he and the other councilmen have already begun the festivities." Zion rolled his eyes and spoke in a tone that offered to forgiveness, "Does that brat think I'm already senile? I can make my decisions swiftly enough." The gruff response made the servant sweat as Zion snatched a cut of wine off another nearby servant's plate full of drinks and pretended to take a sip as he brought it to his lips. "Of course, Councilman.  I apologize for the discourtesy. Through here." They approached a pair of double doors which two guards swiftly opened for them.

A Familiar Foe[Nom/Private] Http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F201117102049-02-ancient-romans-eating-restricted

They entered into a great hall that was open to the air. Night had already settled in the time it took them to arrive but the room was brightly lit by flames dancing as wildly as the men and women within. The party was not just a small affair with Agrripica hosting a few councilmen. It was apparent from the view that a great many of Reim's rich and powerful families had been invited. There was no shortage of beautiful courtesans and servants brought in to provide entertainment as well. "Councilman Basilius, arriving!" The servant by Zion's side announced. Some among the crowds stopped what they were doing to look over but many continued about their merriment without so much as a pause. It was clear the Basilius' prestige was in decline. Many suspected he would be retiring before long.

Zion scanned the crowd and spotted Agrippica in the distance. The three other councilmen were with him. Each of them bore a ring of similar style which caused Zion's gaze to narrow. They were wearing them after all. He suppressed his excitement at seeing his targets and shoved the wine cup into the servant's hands. "Enough of the farce, brat! You invited me here to talk, so lets talk!" The old man voice shouted from Zion's throat as he hobbled over towards the group of men causing a scene. Basilius was being pressured by this group of men to join their coalition. To sign off on a bill that would grant Magnostadt a monopoly on magic tool sales within the nation. Aggripica sought to use that pressure to force Basilius into accepting one of those accursed rings as a symbol of their "alliance" but Zion knew the truth. It was a magic tool for controlling the mind if its wearer!

WC: 1044/2000

Trait:

2A Familiar Foe[Nom/Private] Empty Re: A Familiar Foe[Nom/Private] 13/06/22, 01:57 am

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The party was in full swing when the poser of Basilius arrived there. There would of course be familiar faces of council members, senators and others of high standing there. However, there would be a flash of gold that would look familiar to the disguised sword king. He would recognize the Unity Corp captain known as Trajan. In fact if he looked close enough he would notice other corp members. They were all there to keep up their relationship with the council as well as you keep an eye on Aggripica after Zion came to them with important information.

"Ahh Master Basilius! I am so excited to see you here my friend!" the business man of today's topic would emerge from a crowd with a glass of wine in his left hand. He was smiling at the disguised gentleman happy to see him. It was clear he was trying to warm up to the councilman and get on his good side to make the deal involving the ring tonight.

Aggripica:

3A Familiar Foe[Nom/Private] Empty Re: A Familiar Foe[Nom/Private] 13/06/22, 11:54 am

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

The time Zion had spent with Basilius was short. He began to wonder whether or not he was leaning into the drunkard's temper too strongly. All eyes turned to his outburst and his target started to move. The transformed kitsune cast a gaze across the great hall with Basilius' hardened glare, his beard bristling from a rage induced tremble. His act almost broke when his eyes swept past the golden mask of Trajan. The trebling ceased and his eyes widened for an instant before those raised brows snapped back into the angry scowl of an old veteran.

Finishing his sweep he began to notice a few other Unity Corps members well placed through out the crowd. None of them stood out and he likely would have missed them were Trajan not so glaring in appearance. When they last met it was Trajan who told Zion to submit the investigation into Agrippica to another corpsman. The man seemed solely dedicated to the hunt for Julius. It was a surprise to see the commander here but encouraging as well. Zion felt more confident in his with the Unity Corps presence.

As a Agrippica took on a friendly tone the old man pursed his lip slightly and shot the businessman a look of contempt. "Hmph! So we're friends now, are we? What kind of friend buys up 8 of my neighboring vineyards? The owners of two were friends...real friends. Zion trailed off and Basilius' face painted an emotional look of longing. "There were my favorite drinking buddies." Though the old man looked on the verge of crying he held himself to stoic values and weighted his face down into a stony gaze. The weight of which fell upon Aggrpica.

"They refused to sell...but then some weeks later both wound up dead. So tell me, friend. Just how are you going to help this old man's lonely retirement and struggling business? I've had quite a few attacks on my crops lately after all!"

Basilisus' legitimate grievances where bellowed out through Zion's transformed mouth. The real Basilius had more gravitas and decorum than this. He would save the accusations for a proper legal hearing. But Zion wanted to make a scene and drag Agrippica's name though the mud knowing that such a trial would never see justice if done Basilius' way.  These words would surely incense the crowd. Gossip spreading like fire on dry tinder across the lips of Reim's elite class. The dramatic show did its job and brought a spotlight onto himself and his target. Zion hoped this would pressure Agrippica into rushing him off to somewhere private so 'Basilius' could not continue to slander him openly in his own home in front of the public.

WC: 1478/2000
Trait Duration: 2/5

4A Familiar Foe[Nom/Private] Empty Re: A Familiar Foe[Nom/Private] 20/06/22, 10:23 pm

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Several of the guests would turn and look at the business man and the councilor standing with him, they were of course the type of audience that thrived on drama such as this. Aggripica would let out a loud chuckle as he pats Basilius on the back, "Now my friend you know that is just how business goes even among the closest of friends."

He would lose teh smile and become more serious, "As for your friends I am sorry about their deaths but i could not hold off profiting off of their misfortunes, that is the curse of being a business man. However, you must cease with these accusations of yours. We all know about the letters that man released taking claim for all that destruction and deaths. There is probably much more that he didnt even mention that he has done. One can never underestimate what these terrorist types can do."

With this he would go ahead and enter the room where the other, already manipulated councilmen were waiting, "Please close the door behind you my friend."

5A Familiar Foe[Nom/Private] Empty Re: A Familiar Foe[Nom/Private] 22/06/22, 11:25 am

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

A stony calm held over Basilius as his foe approached to pat his back. Zion felt his anger rise along with the spirit of the character he'd been acting out. But he forced himself to quiet the old man rage and held in his own fury at Aggripica. The serpent of a man was quick to work his silver tongue in order to brush over the "misunderstandings" the old man's ravings had produced. That mad man "Julius" was an easy scapegoat for the murders and held truth when it came to Basilius' own vineyards. This was no secret and so it was likely that Aggripica had convinced many of his narrative in an instant. Zion was stunned to silence for a moment by how deftly the Agrippica wielded his words to save face with the pack of onlookers. Before he knew it the other councilmen had headed into a separate room and his target was beckoning him to join them. His first goal had been achieved and yet the magician felt no more confident in succeeding his mission after that showing from the blue haired businessman.

"I'll join you, but this old bladder isn't what it used to be..."

The elderly councilman groaned while holding his side and grimaced. "I'll go relive myself of some liquids and then I'll join you." The withered hand of the old veteran was held up as he used the other to hobble off on his cane to find the nearest toilet. What Zion needed for his next stage of his plan was privacy. As the old man entered the toilet and got away from view he pulled his hand from his side with the Sage's Swordwand in hand. A flick of the wand and a palm to his own chest caused  the rukh to create a Perfect Body Double of the Basilius transformation with his own clothing staring grumpily back at him. At the same time, Zion strained his face as his Trickster Foxspirit disguise slowly transformed his hair and face. The bearded old man faded away and the appearance of a young Reiman citizen as he handed the cane off to his double. The youth was of about 17 with hair a rich chestnut brown and his face that of an ambitious young soldier eager to prove his worth in order to join the senate some day. The cloned Basilius and the young soldier smiled at each other.

Basilius made his way into the private room coughing up a storm. He had already wasted Agrippica's time with the bathroom break, and now the old coot was standing there in the door way just coughing away like he was about to keel over! After a solid minute of hacking up a lung, the clone finally "caught its breath" and stepped over to have a seat.  "Alright you scoundrel. Just tell me what you want. It isn't my fields or my friends. It's to join you little club, right?" Basilius opened up with a sneer. He cast his eyes across the other three councilmen and scoffed, "Just what is it you all are planning by working together with this snake?" He then turned back to Agrippica with a deep frown as his cane rest in crossed arms against the old veteran's chest. The carved beasts head roaring as its eyes pointed straight at Aggrippica.

Meanwhile, a young man approached Trajan with a smile. "You acted on my intelligence after all. Or is Julius suspected to make a move here too?" There was a sly smirk on the youth's unfamiliar face but his voice was Zion's. He directly revealed himself to the Commander on a gamble. If an uninvited guest wandered around for too long he might be discovered and kicked out. It was better to establish himself as someone who belongs here by making it Trajan's business. "I know I didn't have much proof of anything before...but if you help me, we can close that case tonight." The youthful and determined eyes stared at the golden mask patiently waiting to see how the commander would respond.

WC: 2000+/2000
Magoi: 390/420
Trait Duration: 3/5
Equipment:
Abilities:

6A Familiar Foe[Nom/Private] Empty Re: A Familiar Foe[Nom/Private] 08/07/22, 09:26 pm

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Upon a closer look the clone would see that the meeting room was rather bare, with only a few chairs for the men in that room. The other senators would look at Basilius unflinching as if they were not completely there at the moment, one of them would begin to say something before Aggripica interrupts the councilmen. "All I want is for us to benefit from each other's hard work. All of us here in this room are successful in both business and politics so it makes sense for us to form this sort of alliance in order to greatly prosper.

A small man who was known as Remus or Romulus or something with an R would speak, "I kn..know it sounds sketchy but it isnt, look at it as a business prospect amongst fellow councilmen."

Aggri would raise up a hand opened to reveal a ring similar to one that he and the councilmembers all wear. "Please accept Councilman. I promise that only riches will come from this" He would speak his honeyed words with a sickly sweet smile on his face.

Trajan would look up hearing a familiar voice but a man he did not recognize, yet he knew this to be the swordking. "It was decided that it would be best for me to come assist since We have had dealings before. I will say this though, none of us are really willing to take you for your word but I convinced them that we could at least come to protect the members of society as is our duty. If something was to reach the day of light on the other hand, then we would be willing to step in and help." Trajan would speak before looking around wiht his eyes hinting at 5 unity corp members spread across the ballroom, all armed.

7A Familiar Foe[Nom/Private] Empty Re: A Familiar Foe[Nom/Private] 09/07/22, 10:06 pm

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

Facing Trajan's skepticism was to be expected. Zion understood that the man was in no position to act without evidence concerning matters of political corruption. It was enough to see that the corps was at least taking precautions in case the accusations against Aggripica were true. Undeterred, the young magician gave Trajan a knowing smile and said, "I won't ask you to make a move before then. I only ask that you be ready. When the time comes, do not let anyone leave. The more witnesses there are, the better." Zion turned his gaze to the party and took in the dancing patrons. Much of Reim's high society and noble class were present with at least one or two representatives from various notable families and enterprises. Once Aggripica's crimes are revealed here it will surely send a shock through Reim's political world. The scandal of several Councilmen being mind controlled would likely become rich gossip soon.

The clone Basilius wielded the gravitas of an elder stateman's glare at the spineless stuttering colleague. Had Agrippica not interrupted he would of berated the man, but the clone had another focus. One part of the mission's goals was soon brought before him as the businessman offered up one of the targeted rings. The clone's eyes flashed with subtle excitement as a withered old hand reached out to accept the ring. Maintaining the act, the clone put on a curious look as he turned the ring over in his fingers not yet putting it on. He pursed his lips looking like he was thinking it over but in truth he was looking for sign of the magic circle, but it was well hidden. Likely it was beneath the embedded jewel. "I'm old. Too tired to wrestle with you fools for power..." For a moment it sounded as though he was giving in. The ring in his hand was almost passed over his finger, but the veteran paused.

"...However..."

The old man looked up and held the ring still as he sought to build Agrippica's anticipation. Once the ring was on, it didn't matter what Agrippica says or agreed to before hand. Basilius would become a puppet after all. "If I agree to this, I want benefits. All the wine vinyards west of the capitol, give me control over the foreign wine exports as well. Kou booze isn't cheap ya, know. And I want the assassin who killed my friends brought to me. Alive. I won't take up their deaths with you all, but the blood debt must be repaid. I want to take the head of the one that did the deed myself! Agree to my terms or you can have your ring back." He practically growled his final demand through grit teeth and showed fury to the other councilmen with out the ebony cane could be heard creaking slightly as his grip on it tightened.

8A Familiar Foe[Nom/Private] Empty Re: A Familiar Foe[Nom/Private] 10/07/22, 09:15 pm

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Trajan would nod at Zion but would not continue to speak. He would respect the man's wishes but if violence was to break out then his first priority would be to get the guests out and keep them safe.

The party was as lively as ever as probably half a hundred guests were in the ballroom mingling with half as many staff catering to their needs. The ballroom was a classic reiman style with pillars supporting the room at the edge of the dance floor which was in a circle.

Back in the meeting room Aggri would just continue to smile as Basilius spoke. This was it, the moment he had been working up to. With the senator under his control his hard work would finally pay off. "Yes yes of course. Like i said everything that you want can be achieved through are little alliance that we have here. Now please, take this ring as a sign of acceptance and of our brotherhood." He was trying to contain the pure excitement that he felt as he was waiting for Basi to finally accept the ring of mind control gifted to him.

9A Familiar Foe[Nom/Private] Empty Re: A Familiar Foe[Nom/Private] 19/07/22, 01:34 pm

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

Seeing the stoic response the golden masked soldier left Zion a bit disappointed but not discouraged. His plan to expose Agrippica never relied on the unity corps backing him in the first place. The man's hands were tied by a complicated sea of political factors and Zion did not fault him for being unable to openly commit fully to assisting Zion in his conspiracy against an affluent upstanding citizen. It was enough to know that Trajan was here. The disguised youth just smiled at Trajan mysteriously and turned to look in the direction of the hall at the door to the room where the meeting took place. Anticipation flashed in the magician's eyes as he reached into his toga and placed a hand on his wand. It was nearly time to make his move.

The lion's carved eyes stared Agrippica down as Basilius snorted in response to his words. "You agreed to it, which means you admit it. Don't regret having let those words exit your lips, Agrippica." Said the clone with an arrogant tone and mocking smirk across the elder councilman's face. He slowly brought the ring over his finger and settled it snug around his index. The ring suddenly devoured magoi greedily and sent magic into the clone's body seeking to alter brain chemistry. But the magic found only strength, light, and sound rukh imitating life perfectly with not real brain chemistry to alter. The conflicting rukh clashed briefly but to these non-magicians wit was an invisible anomaly that would escape their notice. The clone Basilius would begin to guffaw in a booming voice as he stood up slamming the cane to the floor.

"How has it felt to be pulling so many people's strings for so long only to wind up dancing in the palm of another, brat? You hoped to control this old man's mind with this ring but I must disappoint you. Councilman Basilius will not become a puppet of Magnostadt!" The fatigue and degeneration of age seemed to fall away from the old man as he stood tall and defiantly turned to leave. The door to the meeting room was knocked down off its hinges by a powerful kick and Basilius stormed out without need of reliance on his cane at all. The commotion of the door being kicked down startled the party and Zion moved to capitalize on the chance to draw more attention onto his show. "Heavens! Is that Councilman Basillius!?" The youth shouted loudly and pointed drawing even more eyes over to the charade. The clone walked over and presented itself to the crowd holding the ring high between its thumb and forefinger. "I beg you, fellow citizens, hear me! For I have uncovered treason tonight be the hands of our very host! Commander Trajan! Take this ring and absolutely do not wear it. Have someone else try it on and have one of your magician's observe and confirm the effects by observing the rukh closely. Agrippica has tricked my fellow Councilmen into wearing similar instruments of mind control."

The lion cane was tossed from Basilius to Zion as he handed Trajan the ring and rushed off to the bathroom without stopping to take questions. Inside, the magic clone would disperse into vanishing motes of light. Meanwhile, Zion could feel his body straining to maintain the Trickster Foxspirit transformation. Clearing his throat, he would step forward and pick up the momentum that his clone had left off before Agrippica could step forward and use his clever tongue to diffuse the situation. "The Councilman has entrusted me with my meager skills in magic to reveal to you all the truth of what went on behind closed doors tonight! Please, open your eyes and ears to determine truth for yourselves!" The wand was drawn from within his clothes and danced through the air after tapping the cane to case Seeking Seer on the ebony lion. A wave of the wand formed a 5m diameter screen in the air for all to see playing a recording of the visuals and sound of the meeting that had just taken place. Agrippica's admission towards using assassin's as well as the exchange of the ring all included, of course.

Zion was unsure what sort of authority Basilius would have over the Unity Corps as a Councilman, but he hoped the masked man would play along and confirm the ring's dubious nature. Detaining the other councilmen to remove their respective rings would be much easier if they were brought under legal custody by the corps based on the evidence. As the projection came to an end and the light screen disappeared, Zion turned to Agrippica and pointed the wand at him with a smirk. "The game is up, Agrippica. Surrender the rings and turn yourself in!"

WC: 2000+/2000
Magoi: 360/420
Note: Final turn for both trait and clone

Ability:

10A Familiar Foe[Nom/Private] Empty Re: A Familiar Foe[Nom/Private] 25/07/22, 08:00 pm

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Aggri's face would look perplexed for a brief moment before quickly being replaced by one of fear. In a matter of moments all of the hard work he had built up for this day is crumbling beneath him now. The crowd would gasp as the sudden, unexpected show they were now being given by the old politician. The audience could not believe the accusations made by Basilius or even the evidence showed by his personal magician. The onlookers would quickly turn on the man they had so graciously appreciated moments before. The unity corp would begin to keep the party goers at bay while making sure that the mastermind could not escape.

Aggri would stumble into the room to try to stop the clone but was already too late, the die had been cast. He would watch as his friends and underlings turned against him and would suddenly act as if none of them were there. The look of shock would dissolve into one of pure terror as he begins to scratch at his face and arms, drawing blood. "No no no please dont do this, its not my fault i swear! I can still fix this. I can.." The cornered rat began screaming but not to anyone in particular as he continues to dig into his flesh, flesh that was bubbling and contorting. His skin would begin to tear as plant mass begins to erupt from every part of his body, transforming him into a 3m tall monster of plant life.

The audience's jeering would turn into screams as they all turn and begin trying to flee from the monster in front of them. They would shove eachother down and some would be trampled or knocked over as others tried to flee. The unity corp would act quickly in an attempt to calm the guests and try to limit the chaos and fear they were creating. At least for this moment they would be unable to help the sword king face the monsterfied Aggripica.

11A Familiar Foe[Nom/Private] Empty Re: A Familiar Foe[Nom/Private] 31/07/22, 12:20 am

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

Everything happened so fast and things were going so well. Too well. Zion became wrapped up in the glory of the moment. After spending so much time on the investigation he finally could bring light upon the manipulations of Magnostadt. The youth savored the look upon the faces of the Reiman nobility as they watched the projection from his magic. How quickly they all turned on their host once he became tainted with the brush of a traitor. Many among them were surly corrupt as well if not quite so thoroughly debauched as Aggripica. He wondered how many of them were involved in the businessman's shady dealings on some level or another and were merely kicking him while he was down now in order to distance themselves from him to avoid the fallout of his downfall.

By the time Zion noticed that Agrippica was acting strangely it was already too late. As his disguise wore off and the long flowing silver locks, fox ears, and nine glorious tails revealed himself, so too did Aggripica transform. One became a handsome kitsune, the other turned into an abomination of life magic. Zion looked at the abomination in horror and did not fault Trajan for focusing on getting the civilians out of there. A single glance and Zion could tell that this malicious magic was not something under Agrippica's own control. By the time the transformation completed Zion had made his decision and resolved to hold the creature back. "I'll handle this thing!" Zion would shout to the golden masked commander in an attempt to reassure him but the youth would then mutter to himself quietly, "Somehow..."

The abomination was unlike anything Zion had ever faced before. He felt a deep sense of danger from its unnatural movements. With only 10m between them Zion felt the need to put pressure on the monstrosity and so he immediately aimed his wand at what was once Aggripica to unleash a Solar Lance aimed at its center mass. A second lance was aimed and fired in quick succession, this time aiming for its head. Both lances, one after the other, sped toward the abomination cutting dark lines through the air as Zion hefted Basilius' cane in his off hand bringing it forward in a defensive stance using the ebony rod as a makeshift sword.

Magoi: 320/420

Ability:

12A Familiar Foe[Nom/Private] Empty Re: A Familiar Foe[Nom/Private] 05/08/22, 08:07 pm

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The creature would look around with the eyes of the businessman, eyes that no longer showed life behind them. All that was the former aggripica was gone, in its place was just a beast fueled by the desire to kill and survive.

He would look disoriented seeing all the squirming mounds of flesh fleeing from him. However, he would notice one being that stood out from the rest, one that help assist in the outing of the former man. It was uncertain if it was the last of the person's will or the control of their hidden master but he knew that this man must be killed.

Bulwark of bark would be used to create a wall of vines after the being stomps on the ground. The magical beast did not expect that the magic spells to pierce straight through his defenses, sinking into it's body. It would let out a groan that was mixed between a human and wild animal. It would create a gore growth making a spear out of 4 vines that would be launched at the kitsune in retaliation for the pain the fox caused.

While this is happening the party goes are still attempting to evacuate but this time in a bit more of a calm manner as unity corp have stepped in to help guide them.

notes:

Aggripica:

13A Familiar Foe[Nom/Private] Empty Re: A Familiar Foe[Nom/Private] 06/08/22, 02:23 pm

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

A glance behind and Zion saw that the guests were not yet fully evacuated and though the Unity Corps were preventing chaos it might take some time before they were all out of harms way entirely. If Zion were to rashly evade or rush in without care it might put those people in danger. Resolving himself to stand his ground, Zion turned his eyes back to the abomination only for his eyes to pop open in shock. The solar lances had been a good choice but lacked the power to see the thing dead. The shield of bark fell away to reveal that each lance had only managed to penetrate a small amount into Aggripica's mutated body. What was left of Aggripica anyways. Zion swiped his wand towards the monster sending a surge of magoi over to produce Countless Blooms all over its body.

Vines spiraled together forming a sharp point which sped towards Zion's gut just as he began to cast his spell. His wand and magoi were already committed to the spell and so he was unable to use magic to counter the attack. Silver Flowing Locks from one of Zion's nine tails grew out forming a tendril of hair to meet the vines. The hair would wrap around the vines and grip them tightly to catch the spiral spike. Blood stained Zion's robe anyways. His face twisted in pain as he looked down to see the tip of the vines stabbing into his flank. The tail hair had managed to catch the vines but there was too much force behind them and he couldn't stop it completely. "Gah!" A suppressed grunt of pain escaped Zion's lips but he bit down hard and endured to focus not on the pain but on the foe before him.

Innocent people were still behind the storm kitsune. His mind drifted from the thought of a swift victory and focused on protecting them. Zion tightened the grip of his tail hair and struggled to maintain his stance. The ebony cane he held up like a sword dropped slightly and his wand wavered but Zion did not take a single step of retreat. He didn't want to pull the vines from the wound just yet and release a flood of blood. For now he wanted this arm of the creature occupied with him and flexed his abdomen despite a tearing pain as if to hold onto the vines with every bit of flesh and blood that could be rallied to the task.

Magoi: 270/420
Stamina: 170/200

Abilites:

14A Familiar Foe[Nom/Private] Empty Re: A Familiar Foe[Nom/Private] 11/08/22, 05:45 pm

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Once the vine like growth had pierced the flesh of the sword king a howl of triumph would be let loose from the monstrosity. As soon as the vine made contact with his body it would begin to grow and quickly wrap around the magician's body, constricting his arms. Once caught in this binding bark the vines would begin to sap away at the vast pool of magoi that resides inside of the kitsune due to Seeking Nourishment.

This was not enough for the hunger that resided in Aggripica now. He could drain Zion dry and still not be satiated. Not unlike a wild animal he would target a couple that was a good distance away from unity corp members but only 5 or so meters from sword king. He would send out two vines out to the couple in an attempt to pierce their flesh then use Binding bark on them.

notes:

15A Familiar Foe[Nom/Private] Empty Re: A Familiar Foe[Nom/Private] 12/08/22, 12:55 pm

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

Trying to avoid blood loss had been a mistake. Before Zion knew it that vine he was stabbed with had grown to wrap around his torso and pinning his arms to his side. The pain of the sharp point in his gut was made worse from the movement and worse still as the vines drained a portion of magoi from him. Zion could hardly begin to worry about himself however as he saw the abomination lash out once more for others. It didn't take much thinking for the magician to realize this thing was trying to feed on their magoi just like him. "Not so fast!" Zion shouted just before his body shone with a bright yellow light. Flesh was replaced with lightning in the shape of a fox with nine tails that slipped free from Aggrippica's clutches.

The lightning fox zapped between the civilians and the vines bringing two of its tails forward to meet them. Crackling sounds could be heard as the intense arcs burned away the plantlife easily due to the intense heat lightning carried. Seeing how effective this was Zion transformed back from his lightning fox form and stood as a humanoid man with silver hair and fox ears as well as nine flowing tails. From behind his back may look strong standing his ground there in front of those guests. But Agrippica would be able to see the bloody hole at Zion's front and how he was using Basilius' cane to support himself upright. The magician was posturing strength but had clearly been injured heavily as the red stains on his clothing were gradually growing in size.

The stubborn storm kitsune endured through pain and shouted through grit teeth. "I'm Swordking! The one who ruined your plans! Shouldn't you kill me before you worry about others!?" Zion shouted in provocation but it was not his voice that came out. His face had morphed back into that of Basilius showing what was left of Agrippica that he was the reason for this downfall. Zion's face then returned to normal as he flashed a mischievous grin as his wand swiped the air in a flourish to mark his taunt. This was no mere swipe however and the space between him and Agrippica darkened ominously.

Zion wasn't sure if Agrippica would take the bait or not, but one more of those fast vine attacks and Zion's spell would make him regret it. Zion would watch carefully for the monster to attack or begin moving forward into his friction magic spell. That moment would be his cue to cast Phantom Arms through the flowers of his which had bloomed upon the plantlife body of his target at the cost of taking that wound to the stomach earlier. Each of the eight flowers acted as remote magoi points for the Phantom Arms. A perfect illusion replica of the ebony cane emerged from each flower with a phantom copy to accompany them. The moment the canes manifested they had Aggrppica surrounded. The canes then all struck towards the abomination in unison attempting to beat him down.

Magoi: 120/420

notes:

Traits:

Abilities:

16A Familiar Foe[Nom/Private] Empty Re: A Familiar Foe[Nom/Private] 12/08/22, 09:34 pm

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The monster would howl in pain as the man he caught turned into a beast as well and burned his precious vines. He would feel the same sensation when the fox stopped his other vines from feasting on the couple.

The fox would begin to speak to Aggripica but the former man no longer had human thoughts, he was in all sense just a beast now and a beast did not know taunts. But beast did know an enemy. He would begin to march forward with his roots moving similar to that of a millipede. However, this is the last thing he would do as he is hit by another burning sensation then finding himself being pummeled width phantom limbs that appeared all over his body from the strange plants he paid no mind to earlier.

A final howl would be heard throughout the mansion before the beast collapses to the ground, their bright red eyes fading till they were a dull burgundy now. The audience was mostly gone now and the corp would turn to see that the beast was now defeated.

17A Familiar Foe[Nom/Private] Empty Re: A Familiar Foe[Nom/Private] 26/08/22, 08:58 am

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

Zion was worried that the blunt force trauma of the canes would only annoy the beast to slow it down for a while, but when he saw that it was beaten down into submission he couldn't help but sigh in relief. With the threat dealt with he could now afford the time and attention towards himself casting Vitality Surge to repair the bleeding hole in his abdomen. As his wound mended Zion looked around panting to catch his breath. This had been the most taxing fight the storm kitsune had been through in a long while. It wasn't often he ended up spilling so much of his own blood on the floor. But when Zion saw that not one person had been killed by Aggripica he felt like the sacrifice had been worth it. The young magician smiled briefly and let himself enjoy that small victory.

His expression turned grim however as he turned his gaze to the decaying corpse of the abomination. Zion approached carefully and began poking around the remains until he found the magic tool responsible for the unsightly transformation as well as the final mind control ring and destroyed them both having a look of disgust towards the tools. Zion silently swore to himself that whoever was behind such cruel creations would suffer his wrath. He was a bit concerned about the mind control rings left in the Unity Corps' hands. While Trajan had given no reason not to trust him, Zion couldn't say the same about the men who give him his orders or the Reiman government as a whole. But with the master ring to control them gone it shouldn't be too much of a threat.

Magoi: 90/420

Spell:

18A Familiar Foe[Nom/Private] Empty Re: A Familiar Foe[Nom/Private] 28/08/22, 05:04 pm

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The Unity corp members would work fast to zone off the corpse in order to prevent anyone from coming in contact with it. They would end up taking the body for study and disposal. Their focus now was to clean up this mess and try to learn about who is targeting these council members. This was something that completely passed their watchful gaze unnoticed and they would want answers now. They would also secure the council members that were under the aggripica's control.

Trajan would walk up to walk up to the sword king, "well this is certainly a mess that will require a lot of pr control and paper work. Normally in this situation we would be taking you in along with the others. But, since you already made contact with us and gave us the needed info you are free to go. We appreciate everything that you have done, if it wasnt for you contacting us many would have died here. We are sorry we could not help you with this though. Thank you again, come to me anytime you need assistance." with this he would turn away to command his subordinates.

19A Familiar Foe[Nom/Private] Empty Re: A Familiar Foe[Nom/Private] 29/08/22, 04:56 am

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

A wry smile met Trajan's words, "Sorry for the trouble..." the magician said as he offered a bow in apology. There was a bit of tension in Zion at the mention of taking him into custody, but thankfully his actions had earned him enough trust to go free. Zion wondered if this was Trajan using his authority or not. He hoped the masked man wouldn't get in trouble over the leniency. He watched the man go feeling somewhat conflicted but ultimately took his own leave as well. The storm kitsune took to the sky and flew towards the city as fast as he could. "I feel bad towards Trajan, but I'll have to finish the investigation without him." Zion muttered among the clouds as his storm magic flight took him towards the Remano Aurelius League headquarters.

Aggripica's office window was locked but a bit of molding magic from Zion's wand made it easy to undo. He entered the room and went through Aggripica's effects until he found that crystal orb he'd seen the man use before. Zion placed the silk wrapped ball on the desk before him and unraveled it to reveal a relatively clear orb with a magic circle visible carved into its interior. Magoi flowed into the orb and it soon became cloudy but nothing else happened. It was late in the evening though and Zion was in no hurry. It would still take at least an hour for the Unity Corps to get a messenger back to the city in time to order a search on Aggripica's office. A few minutes passed during which Zion used Trickster Foxspirit to take on Aggripica's appearance. Finally, a grumpy looking old man's face appeared within the mists.

"Aggripica you worm, do you realize what time it is? Whatever you have to report, it had best be an emergency."

The flase Aggripica was speechless for a moment. Zion was struck by the face in the orb as he had seen it before. Now that he was looking at it head on he could tell with certainty that this was the face of Kornel Klien! The very same rival of his father whom had stolen Michael's research and chased Zion out of Magnostadt. "...well!?" Klien bellowed impatiently. "The party tonight ended in failure. The rings were all destroyed and I was killed after your infernal device turned me into a monster. It was really cruel of you to do that to me, Mr. Klien. You've done a lot of bad things to people, haven't you?" Zion asked with Aggripica's face. The old misty face furrowed its brows as Klien began to become wary.

"You, you're not Aggripica. Who are you!?"

Zion leaned in closer to the orb and said softly, "The fruit of the karma you've sown." His wand then tapped the orb with a pulse of strength magic. The crystal shattered, the magic circle and communication severed with it. Zion's appearance returned to normal and he gave out a shaky sigh. He fell back into the seat feeling exhausted suddenly. He'd used up a lot of magoi, yes, but encountering Kornel Klien here had been outside of Zion's estimations. It was almost as if fate was bringing him back to Magnostadt in order to settle past debts. I was time to return home soon. After a moment's rest, Zion left out the window and returned back to his lodgings for a well earned rest.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum