You are not connected. Please login or register

Spells and Sand (Training/Bahir)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Lestacia

Lestacia
β-Tier
β-Tier

Today was the Day Lestacia would no longer be a burden to her friends. Axel however wouldn't slow the hell down for her to catch up but on the plus side she had been getting right down to it with her training. She learned two necromancy spells, and she was working on a new form of magic she had been developing. She had the idea in her mind but couldn't figur out how the new magic was going to work for her. Lestacia sighed by a mound of sand as she stabbed her staff into the ground. She drew pictures of a person levitating off the ground. It was what her magic was centered around. The next picture was a question mark next to a flower symbolizing her life magic. How was she going to get something like this to work? She continued her previous sigh and stood up.

Where was Kaveh? He was supposed to help her train. It wasn't all that hard to find her. She was literally just outside the city. He said he'd make her stronger, maybe even better than her friends Axel and Hiro. The girl had been pushing herself to dangerous limits in order to catch up at least to either Axel ofr Hiro. She felt like she was still holding them back. The cute purple mage sat back down and poked at the sand. If only she could use two types of magic, then she would be able to help her teammates better. It would possibly be best if the girl left Helio hapt all on her own. That was after she investigated the findings within this town. Apparently there was a cult brewing within the dark corners of this city and Lestacia had stumbled upon it during a mission. She sighed. It was about damned time that she discvered what this cults plan was and put it to an end. That was after, she had become stronger.

She looked out onto the beautiful city of Heliohapt once more and poked at the sand a bit more. Where the hell was Kaveh?

WC: 349

Last edited by Lestacia on 14/08/15, 07:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kaveh Issa

Kaveh Issa
β-Tier
β-Tier

The day couldn't get here soon enough. With the rise of the sun, Kaveh was out of his "bed" and in the kitchen of his home. The young magician was already cooking. With the groceries that he had picked up the night before, Kaveh planned ahead and bought the ingredients needed for his mother's favorite dishes. The dish didn't fit either Heliohapt or Magnostadt traditions. It was, instead, a dish she picked up from a student that she met from the lands of Kou. In one pot, Kaveh began to sauté a few vegetables (carrots, onions, and green bell peppers) and a few cuts of beef. While he allowed that to cook for a few minutes, the pseudo chef stirred a pot of boiling rice and removed them from his heat. The man hummed a bit as he combined the rice and the cooking meats and vegetables into a large wok. He combined this with a couple of eggs and continued to stir, adding an oddly colored sauce.

When the dish had finished cooking, he poured the mixture into a pot and set it back in a cooler with a note on it. He then went back to the stove and proceeded to make a simple breakfast: fried eggs and ham, and a few pieces of toast with honey and powdered sugar sprinkled over them. By the time he finished THIS concoction, his mother had awakened to the array of aromas filling the house. Despite the mixture, it wasn't an unpleasant smell. Rather, it was one that would call forth even the dead with grumbling stomachs and watering mouths. With a cheerful hug, Kaveh and his mother sat to enjoy their breakfast. When the meal was done, the magician cleaned the dishes and made his way towards the outskirts of town.

He was asked by the young girl that he met through Tenma, Lestacia, to help her understand magic a bit more. While Kaveh hadn't been to the Magnostadt Academy and received a "proper" education on the ways of magic, he had his mother as his mentor. One who studied at Magnostadt for a good portion of her life and was one of the second kodor students during that time. Kaveh was gifted with the enough knowledge to help most people with any magical needs or confusion. The best part to him was, he would be able to see a different style of magic. Kaveh was a type one magician, while his mother was a type two. He could only hope that this Lestacia girl was neither of those types so that he could see another kind of magic first hand.

The thought of experiencing new magic caused a brief flashback for the magician. The cultist that he hunted down through the streets of Heliohapt. That man didn't use the first or second type of magic. That man... he was a purple magician. One who manipulated the plants around him and conjured his own. Kaveh shuddered at the thought. He attempted to shake the thoughts from his head as he reached the outskirts of Heliohapt, where Lestacia asked him to meet her. It wasn't long before he was able to see the girl's brown hair. With his trademark smile on his face, Kaveh maneuvered one of his hands so that it was no longer under his cloak, but no more of his body would show aside from that one hand. He used it to wave at her as he spoke, once within earshot. "Good afternoon, Lestacia! You got here pretty early, I see."
Training Count (Chill Zone): 590/1000

Lestacia

Lestacia
β-Tier
β-Tier

Lestacia faced Kaveh and wiped the remaining sweat from her face. She was going to yell at him but 1. The man wasn't late. and 2. She was too timid to yell at someone. Instead Lest blushed and replied meekly. "Oh, uh no, uh...I just got here." She flipped a strand of hair out the way and looked down to the sand kicking at it for a bit. "I...uh...want to thank you for helping me train. I need the experience. She gulped a bit of her saliva and wielded her staff as if the boy could attack at any moment.

"Ok I want to have a little sparring match with you. If thats alright." This was one of the best ways for Lestacia to get better much faster than usual. To gain more battle experience and to be less timid than she already was. Hiro and Axel were already stronger than her. They hadn't called her for any missions for a while now. To her they casted the young girl asside and had adventures of their owns. That sort of angered her a little. She didn't like the feeling of being tossed away just because she was weak the look of intimidation left her eye's as she lifted her head to face Kaveh. I'll show them! I'll show them all! "I won't go easy on you! Are you ready? If so you can throw the first spell." She prepared herself. Then the thought finally came to her. What kind of magician was he? She was just going to have to find out once he casted the first stone to get this thing started.

WC: 276

Last edited by Lestacia on 14/08/15, 07:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kaveh Issa

Kaveh Issa
β-Tier
β-Tier

Kaveh blinked for a moment. The girl had barely said anything to him, but she was already asking to spar with him. On top of that, she wanted him to make the first move! Kaveh ran the fingers of his left hand through his hair, slowly. Should he entertain her with a quick match? He had yet to reveal that he was in fact a magician to her, just that he was going to help her with her magical knowledge. The man decided to overlook this and give in to her eager nature. He chuckled a bit. Her eagerness to learn reminded the magician of his own nature. He couldn't fault her for being similar to him. Still... he would have to keep an eye on the girl. If she was anywhere near as hungry as he was for knowledge of magic, then she could become unwanted competition.

The red magician nodded to the girl and turned his back to her for a moment. He figured that he'd giver her a bit of a chance against him. He waited until there was a good ten meters (10m) between the two of them. It was a good distance for most magicians. Even the most simple of novices' spells can reach up to that distance. Kaveh repositioned his arm so that it was outside of his cloak, though the majority of his body was still shrouded by the carpet. He reached into his pocket and pulled out his pipe. He smiled to the girl and raised his voice so that she could hear him, "Brace yourself."

He wasn't sure if the girl would heed his warning or not, but the red magician raised his pipe as the jewel at the front of the bowl began to glow. "Trick ball." He would say under his breath, as a tiny ball of fire began to form in front of his wand. The ball was fifty centimeters wide and moved towards Lestacia at ten m/s. By the time the ball was two meters away from her, however, it would suddenly expand to five meters in diameter. Here's your test.
Training Count (Chill Zone): 900/1000

Abilities Used:

Lestacia

Lestacia
β-Tier
β-Tier

This boy had the girl shaking in her boots. She was getting quite scared. However she hid that fear and faced the magician boy. She didn't know what type of Mage he was, she just heard it around the grape vine. He made it clear to her what magician he was though with his first attack. 'Fire magic? That's pretty cool!' she said to herself. Wait what was she doing sitting there admiring the other mage's attack for? She needed to stop it. "Reveria!" she cried summoning a skeletal hand that immitated what her's did. As soon as the Fireball came into range she tried to smack it but as soon as the fire ball colided with the Skeletal hand, both spells dissapated. Apparently they had canceled each other out.

Lestacia smilied. This was getting pretty exciting. She smiled widely and held out her wand. "Brisstletainn!" She ran at Kaveh sword in hand closing the distance between them as her staff turned into a sword. She would jump at him and slash down while she was about 3 meters away. If the attack hit or missed her sword would return into the shape of a Staff until she recasted it. The little life mage was having fun. Wait it was obvious to her to her what kind of mage he was but with her bone attack and weapon enchantment it would be hard for him to discern which she was. "By the way I'm a life mage if you haven't already figured it out. I'm not to be taken Lightly!"

Abilities used:

WC:260

Kaveh Issa

Kaveh Issa
β-Tier
β-Tier

Kaveh watched as the girl across from him used a spell to absorb the damage of the ball of flame that he sent towards her. The red magician couldn't help but smile at the girl's resourcefulness. The man narrowed his eyes as he noticed what the object was, though. A skeletal hand? Kaveh kept his arms at his side as his thoughts raced. The primary elements are out of the question. It can't be strength magic... my mother said to watch for a dark hue when concerning the eighth element. The girl was causing bone to appear from thin air. Kaveh could only imagine that it would be an amateur's attempt at creating a lifeform.. Got it.

By the time that Kaveh was pulled from his thoughts, the girl was leaping towards him. Hm. So she prefers close combat, eh? Kaveh grinned as he watched her blade made of bone was held over her head. The red magician inhaled deeply and the jewel of his pipe began to shine again. Normally, closing the distance seemed like a great idea, but Kaveh was a man who didn't mind dealing with an enemy close to him. As the magoi gathered in his throat and mouth as she began to descend on him, blade first, Kaveh exhaled a stream of fire towards her, utilizing his salamander's breath. The flames were hot enough to burn the bone blade to ash and still continue towards her, even though it was weakened. If Lestacia refused to activate her borg or didn't act quickly enough to counter the spell, she would receive D-Tier/1st degree burns.
Training Count (Chill Zone): 1160/1000

Abilities Used:

Lestacia

Lestacia
β-Tier
β-Tier

Lestacia looked to her sword as it changed back into a staff due to Kaveh's Flame she immediately activated her borg as she fell. This was getting interesting. As she landed Lestacia stabbed her staff into the ground. "FIELD OF FAMINE!" around her a field of bones and carcasses sprouted in a 20 ft radius. After a little bit a large hands of bone surrounded the girl and quickly pushed thosenear the circle away in a 20 ft Radius. Lestacia's entire thought process was to push him away as she healed herself. "With her Staff still stabbed into the eart she casted Field of Serenity to heal herself of C-tier damage. The burn went away and slowly the bone wall had begun to crumble down around the healing circle of flowers as she revealed her healed wounds. "You'll need to try harder than that. I won't be that easy to defeat." Lestacia needed to make this fast. "Curareis!" As the wall fell Lestacia's staff became a vine that paralyzed anything it otuched. Lestacia whipped the Vine about and ran within range (10ft) and aimed for Kaveh's feet.

WC:187

Abilities used:

Kaveh Issa

Kaveh Issa
β-Tier
β-Tier

Kaveh's face didn't change as her borg appeared and shielded her from the flames. The girl landed and immediately began to cast another spell. Kaveh was a little disappointed that, her close range onslaught ended so quickly. Even so... she has a lot of potential. He thought to himself as he watched bones began to surround him and the girl. Without waiting another second to see what was going to happen, Kaveh calmly muttered "Chill zone.". Everything within a fifteen meter diameter of the point directly in the middle of the two magicians suddenly became cold, as the heat in the area was being drained.

As the bones emerged on the field, they were instantly covered in frost and creaked to a halt as they were unable to finish their task. The next thing to try to appear were flowers over the bones. Unfortunately, as soon as the buds appeared, they were covered in frost as well. Thankfully, Lestacia received none of the icy pain of frostbite due to her spells gaining the aggro of the heat magician's spell.
Ability Trained:

Kaveh stared into Lestacia's eyes. Her attempts to heal and knock him away were for naught. He did, however, just stand there as she went on the offensive again. As the vine sprouted from her staff and made its way towards the magician, Kaveh only stood there. His eyes closed as the rukh rushed to his aid and formed the protective barrier that was symbolic of all magicians: the borg. After sensing that the damage was done, Kaveh opened his eyes to the girl and smiled. The girl seemed very confident in her abilites... while also seeming timid.

"You've done very well so far. I'm proud of you. Always remember, NO magician should be taken lightly. No matter the type of magic they use." The magician finished his statement and turned to walk a bit of distance again. He moved until there was at least seven meters between them before looking back at her, a grin on his face. "Do you wish to continue this? Or would you prefer for your lesson to start?"
Training Count (Flamethrower): 177/500

Lestacia

Lestacia
β-Tier
β-Tier

Wait what? Ice? Wasn't he a Heat magician. Lestacia panicked when her flowers froze over and her Wall of bones crumbled befor her very eyes. She fell onto her backside and looked onto Kaveh in Awe as the sun hit his body in such a way that it made him look like a standing shadow. She picked up one of her frozen flowers and but it broke within her hands and crumbled away back into the stream of Magoi. She could not Match up to this man. Did he know two types of Magic? She had read that it was possible that a Magician could be capable of such a thing but something told her that it wasn't the case with him. He had used multiple Heat based spells and yet he threw out one that turned the area around her into Ice. The girl realized that it wasn't a magical point of view that she should have been looking at. She was supposed to look at it from a scientific point of view. If heat is absorbed from a certain area then the result would leave the said area frozen because of the lack of heat. She snapped her fingers and realized what kind of spell he had unloaded upon her. He must have been really smart to come up with a spell such as that. She had severely underestimated this man. His spells were made to do damage whereas Lestacia's were designed to support.

The girl sighed and sat back. "I've learned my lesson. I'll never underestimate anyone ever again. We can start the real lesson now!" Kaveh had impressed her. She had never thought that someone would create a spell such as that. Her journey around the world however was to witness such feats of awesomeness and become a better Mage in the long run. She sweated and stood up with the help of her staff. "You seem really strong! I envy you!"

WC: 326

Kaveh Issa

Kaveh Issa
β-Tier
β-Tier

Kaveh stared down at the girl as he could see the confusion in her eyes. In his mind, the magician couldn't help but to smile. His previous spell did exactly what he wanted it to do for the girl: question her understanding. There was no way to teach someone if they believed themselves to know a concept already. The red magician stayed silent as she sorted out the mechanics of his spell in her mind. He figured that the idea would take a while for her to get to the idea of the spell. Despite how basic the concept truly was, it was one of the ideas that most wouldn't think of. Kaveh did what would be illogical to others: take away his element. Most heat magicians attack and subdue their opponents by conjuring more heat, not by taking it away.

It didn't take as long as he thought, but the girl in front of him seemed to dawn on Kaveh's spell. Oh my. That was pretty quick. Looks like this one may have some potential. He thought to himself. One of the most important aspects of being a magician, at least from Kaveh's teachings and beliefs, is creativity. There wouldn't be a difference in power and skill for most magicians if the approach to magic was the same across the board. Sure, the general concept of magic is universal... But what one does with their understanding of that concept was what made them a magician. A smile formed on Kaveh's face as he looked to Lestacia. He barely knew the girl, but was proud of her ability to solve his spell's "puzzle."

"Envy me?" Kaveh laughed softly and shook his head. He stepped towards the girl until there was only an arm's length between the two of them. "I'm not someone to envy. I, like you, am just a student of magic. I learn more and more everyday. I'm excited that you've decided to learn with me, actually." The red magician waited on the girl to get back to her feet. Once she was standing, the man pulled a packet of tobacco from his pocket and began to pack it into his pipe. Once it met his satisfaction, the magician placed the pipe between his lips and began to light it, puffs of smoke flowing from lips.

Kaveh looked to the girl and crossed his arms. She's a life magician. We should begin there. He thought to himself as he drew from the pipe and leisurely allowed the smoke to leave his mouth. "Now. Tell me what you know about Life Magic, and I'll help you foster that information. For instance... Heat magic can be used for more than just a ball of fire here or there, and even just to heat things." The magician removed the pipe from his lips and pointed it towards an empty space. "Flame thrower. The magician commanded as the rukh gathered at the bowl of his pipe and formed a ball of flame that extended into a stream of flame.
Training Count (Flame thrower): 500+/500
Abilities Trained:

Lestacia

Lestacia
β-Tier
β-Tier

Lestacia watched in awe as Kaveh casted his spell. Like many things this boy had done it caught her a little off guard. The heat from his spell was intense. She could feel it through the suns own Blistering heat. Deep down somewhere the girl thought the Magicians from Magnostadt were the greatest around however that was not the case because here Kaveh stood impressing her. She had never seen anyone from her school think outside the box like Kaveh! Lestacia wished one day she could reach the level of wit Kaveh had obviously attained and at so young an age. She would get there...one day.

Clasping her hands together she clapped in approval. Magic really was a fascinating subject to go about now wasn't it. "That was wondrous! Can I really do something like that with Life Magic?" The only thing she knew was what the old ladies had taught her and what they relayed to little Lestacia was just the old teachings of Necromancy! Those were just claws and what not. However! Lestacia was pondering. "What if..." She began drawing in the dirt. The figure of a person. She drew a couple skeleton bones around them. "What if I was able to imbue the skeletons with life magic enough to harden into armor..." She pondered this thought as she kept drawing it out and speaking to herself. She propped up when she attained an Idea. Thanks Kaveh You just gave me an Idea. I need to go however but let's meet up some other time. With a curtsy Lestacia left to finish modeling her spell Idea!

269 words

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum