You are not connected. Please login or register

Teaching the ways [Fanalis Corps training/Endolf]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The girl decided that she was going to take her apprentice out training on this day. They were out by a stream devoid of people, there was a forest around them they would be training near the water where they would be able to have a little more space, they would also be camping here for awhile. It would take awhile after all for him to understand the motions of the style and how to do things properly, it was of course a fairly new style of martial arts but there were already basics and she was doing her best to define it, that was the plus of having a student. He would be able to help her refine it and make it the best they could. it felt good to finally have someone she could teach it too.

She sat her stuff down and took off her shoes and walked into the stream, the white haired girl took a deep breath and waited for her student to join her in the stream. This is where they would begin their training, first it would start with simple movements but as they would progress the two of them would start to spar and should would most likely end up harming the child but he would know what he was getting himself into with agreeing to this training. The warrior took a deep breath as she would wait for the boy.

"The water feels nice and refreshing, set your stuff down and we'll set up camp in a bit, walk in the water, we're going to do a few stretches before we actually do any training. I will warn you, as we get farther in this training you will get hurt, nothing fatal of course but there is a good chance things will get tough so I hope that you're prepared for this."

Word Count: 311/1000

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

Endolf found himself being woken early in the morning in order to pack the belongings he had brought with him to Kou. It seemed like after all the waiting he had to do had finally paid off and today was the day he would begin his training with his new teacher. When he was all packed up they headed off. Silently and obediently he followed Mer towards the outer wilds of Kou in search of a place with enough space for the two Fanalis to go at it without ruining much around them. Or at least that was End’s mentality about the situation.

They finally seemed to settle on a stream by a large clearing with a forest off to the edge. It was as he was looking around that that Merrze put down the things she herself had been carrying and removed her shoes. He could hear her stepping into the stream with a sigh before she instructed him to put his own belongings down and join her in the stream. Apparently they would be setting up camp later. With a nod he did as he was told, setting down his bag and pulling his boots off before pausing. He remembered back to the last bad rainstorm they had in Reim, before he met Mer, and how horrible it was to try to move around in his pants when they were waterlogged and soaked through. If he was going to be practicing with her in a stream he was certain they’d get just as wet and make his training even harder.

“One minute Mer.”

He called out to her before reaching for the mechanism on his belt that kept it locked together. Undoing it he could feel it all drop to the ground instantly from the help of the weighted plates and metal parts of his pants. Now standing with only his vest, gloves and bracelets (along with his underpants) he decided that keeping the vest on would be pointless so he simply removed that too before entering the stream with his teacher.

“Alright Mer, ready when you are.”

“Captain!”

End looked up as his ear twitched. He could have sworn he heard someone shouting in their direction but after a moment passed he waved it off and turned his attention back to his teacher. Bounding across the field towards the stream came a mass of spiky red hair that seemed to be heading right towards them and caused Endolf to look away once more.

“Oh Bast! What’re you doin out here in Kou?”

He asked her calmly and without a hint of embarrassment at her seeing him so underdressed.

“N-never mind that captain! Wh-why are you practically naked in a stream!?!”

The woman named Bast burst out at her commanding officer with her face clearly red with embarrassment. For someone like her wearing little to no clothing herself and leaving her toned and buxom body on display it was like the post calling the kettle black.

WC: 498/1,000

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The fanalis stretched as her student entered the stream with her, she didn't know why he had undressed but it was probably because he didn't want his clothes to get wet. There was also that chance that he just wanted to strip but now was not the time to question his methods. Right now it was time to do stretched so that when they started doing physical training they wouldn't pull any muscles or something that would prevent them from training. The girl began to do her stretches and would have the boy do the same, then after awhile of that they would do a few basic exercises.

"Okay just do what I'm doing, I know it may seem like something menial but trust me it's always good to stretch before a good workout. When I trained with my master at a young age I didn't trust hi at first and I later learned the hard way that it's good to be limber."

As the white haired warrior enjoyed the crisp and cool feeling of the river while doing her stretches she saw a strange figure step forward and start talking to Endolf she wondered who they were. By the looks of it she was a fanalis, and by the way they addressed each other she was most likely one of his subordinates back at the corps. She was wondering why this girl followed Endolf all they way here to reim. It made since why Endolf would visit Merrze since they had a close relationship and she was on leave because of her incident so it wouldn't surprise her if her mental state was being checked on.

Merrze waved at the girl who seemed to be called Bast with a warm and accepting look on her face. Most of the people in the corps have only seen her serious but that's mainly because when she was at the corps she was doing her best to see professional. She had no idea what to do with the girl but she would just have her sit on the guidelines as the two of them trained. If she had interfered at all or tried to question her teaching methods then the girl would get some lessons herself.

"Hey nice to meet you Bast, you must be one of Endolf's subordinates. My name is Merrze, I am his master and we're here to train. Also I think his question is kinda valid, I mean I don't know your personal affairs but if you followed him here that must mean that it's because of something more important than his lack of clothes."

She seemed somewhat shy but Merrze couldn't really blame her, despite the fact she was okay with seeing peoples bodies and such she was weak about it when it came to people that she had romantic feelings for. She was able to see peoples bodies then but interactions could be hard or she might get slightly embarrassed. She didn't like it very much since one would not expect someone like her who was tall and gave of a powering presence to be embarrassed around the ones she likes.

Word Counter: 836/1000

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

As the women nodded End began to perform the stretches his teacher had instructed him to do when he first entered the stream. She didn’t seem all that phased by his lack of clothing and that really was alright by him. Bast, who for some reason had shown up without any need, however seemed to be a different case as she looked at him rather flustered. Mer then introduced herself to Bast and, like Endolf, questioned why the woman had followed him all the way out to Kou.

“C-Colonel Merrze!? C-Captain Endolf is here training with you?!”

Bast sunk to her knees in pure shock. She couldn’t believe that she was standing before one of the colonels of the Fanalis corps and that that very colonel was giving her captain personal one on one training. She was brought back to attention by her captain’s snapping fingers and his voice calling out to her by name. With a shake of her head and an explosion of her crimson mane from the shaking she got back to her feet.

“I-I’m sorry for my behavior colonel Merrze. I followed the captain here because he wasn’t present for our training. I had heard word he had come off to Kou and gave follow to make sure he doesn’t get into too much trouble in another country.”

The air around Bast was tense, just as the woman herself was. Here she was with not one but two higher ranking members of the Fanalis corps and one of them even outranked the other, she wasn’t sure how she was supposed to act towards the colonel so she just tried to remain as formal and proper as possible.

“You didn’t get the message that I got some time off from the higher ups?”

Endolf looked at her with a puzzling look as he held his left arm behind his head and tried pushing it down behind his back with his right hand. The realization dawned on Bast as she hadn’t been told that.

“T-time off?”

Endolf nodded before turning his attention back to his teacher.

“Just watch for now and we’ll handle all that once my training session is settled.”

Finishing up his stances he assumed a more fitting empty handed fighting stance. He wasn’t used to not having his sword to swing around but that was the purpose of the training, to learn a new way to fight and become a better warrior. He’d take the coliseum by storm once they were back in Reim.

WC: 419/1,000
TWC: 917/1,000

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As she finished her stretches the girl got her self in the position to fight, the first trail of this trip was to asses how good his combat ability was. Before she would start teaching the boy the fundamentals of a style she would have to learn how he fought and thought during battle. Most fanalis were hotheads who didn't think ahead very much and just fought with brute force, it was effective against the weak but against the strong it was not. She had learned the hard way that just rushing in will cause you to get hurt or hurt your comrades. The white haired girl looked at Endolf and started to give of a killing intent, he face tensed up and her eyes showed she was focused on her target. On the inside she was calm and examining things, sure she was strong but she also liked using strategy, sometimes they didn't work but those times had helped her get better at examining a combat situation.

"Okay End, I want you to come at me with everything you've got, you have to try and land a punch on me as if you're trying to kill me. Right now I am not your master but your target, after this test I will determine from there on how to train you and teach you the ways of the miathios style. Bast you just stay on the sidelines and watch, we're going to be here for around a month so if you feel like it please stay, but I warn you, if you try to hinder the training at all then you will be joining and get some special lessons, besides that you can be relaxed here."

The lioness would wait for the boy to do what he would plan, she wondered how he would try to attack her, she wondered how he fought with his bare hands. She would only plan to reverse his attack and not attack him back, she may have seemed as if she intended to harm him but that was of course her plan to see how he could react when overpowered with a powerful foe. It was interesting to see if he had changed at all since they had first fought all that time ago.

Word Count: 1216/1000

Last edited by Merrze on 30/07/15, 06:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

Endolf listened to his teacher’s instructions about how their session was going to go. He was expected to treat her as a target rather than his teacher and to attack her like he had the intent to kill her. Endolf let her words sink in as he stepped out of his fighting stance. What he was understanding was that she wanted him to go full-force on her without pulling any of his punches. That was when the aura seemed to explode out from his teacher, one of pure bloodlust. Despite having just done stretches, something he never did to begin with, he started rotating his shoulder with the opposite hand holding down on it to get it loosened up. Much like he would in the coliseum when he was preparing for a match. That was exactly what he was going to be treating this like, a match in the coliseum.

Though this would be a little harder on him than usual. He rarely, if ever, started off a match without his sword. There was a temptation to have his sidelined subordinate toss it to him but he was being put on the spot to test his abilities and not his swordplay. If one could call it that. He moved over to the other shoulder and started rotating that one next.

“So I’m treating this as if I were in the coliseum then? I gotcha.”

There was death in being tense and even if this was only a practice run he was sure his teacher wouldn’t hesitate to kill him with that demonic aura around her. Finished with loosening up his shoulders he made he began to bounce from one foot to the other, getting a feel for the wet and rocky bed of the stream they were standing in. He tried to judge the current and how stable it would be to dash from where he was and where his teacher stood. While he might not have been a tactical fighter Endolf still made it a habit to take note of his environment when fighting. It came in really handy to know what was around him during a match in the coliseum. The clear waters running past his legs helped him be able to spot good footing in advance too so that was in his favor as well.

Dashing forward he made nimble and light steps against the stones, as well as he could with the water’s resistance, and tried to close the gap between him and Mer. Endolf could feel the fear in his stomach as he tried to figure out on the fly how he would attack her. He wasn’t a tactical fighter so he didn’t have anything pre-planned and he wasn’t someone that had a lot of pure strength to simply throw around so overwhelming her was out of the question. Deciding to try and out trick her he stomped his foot into the bed of the stream and used the momentum to swing his other foot out at her with an arcing flow of water to use as a cover while he threw the rest of his body down low and into a spin to try and take her feet out from under her.

WC: 538/1,000
TWC: 1,455/1,00

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The master kept her eyes focused on the young red headed boy to see how he would try to attack her, he seemed tensed at first but she noticed him trying to loosen up his body more, she would watch his movements like a hawk, she wondered how her student was going to handle the task, she wasn't sure if he would try to think strategically or if he would try to attack her using brute force. Hopefully he wouldn't go for the straight forward attack because she knew that it wouldn't be a very smart method and he probably knew it too. She could easily overwhelm the boy and hurt him if he tried to over power her but she had no idea how good he was at making plans when it came to fighting.

As her apprentice charged at her she looked at all of his movements and his body language to try and guess how he would attack her. As he leaped into the air basically throwing water in her face as to blind her. Based of this she knew he was most likely going to go for attack that would to surprise her, she couldn't tell exactly what her would try to do so the fanalis flipped forward jumping over him, as she looked at him while going into the air she saw him fall to the ground and seem like he was going to try and trip her. It was a pretty solid plan so she had to give him props, there was most likely a good chance it would have landed if she didn't jump.

As the girl would land behind him she gave him applause and had a proud smile on her face, he had tried to use strategy instead of trying to attack her head on. If he had tried to do something like that there was a good chance that the fanalis would have thrown him or reversed his attack. From this little example she could tell he would be a very promising person to teach.

"Good job End, I'm proud that you tried to think of a logical way to land a hit. The only reason I avoided was because I leaped, There were a bit unnecessary movements in that but I'll teach you how to fix things like that. Now that I have a good idea how you think I can formulate training strategies. Now lets set up the tent and catch some fish so we have some food for later, also you have to use your bare hands."

Word Count:1646/1000

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

Endolf found a slight bit of disappointment and annoyance in the face that his target had jumped over him with his first diversion and made his actual attack just stir up the water more. However he managed to use the rotation from the kick to put him back to facing the other Fanalis. He was still primed and ready to continue pressing forward, his mind blank and his body in full control, when the sound of Merrze’s applause reached him. Shaking his head momentarily he brought his wits back to him. She had said something about him trying to use logic to get to her and she was proud for it.

“Logic?”

He stood up straight once more as he started coming down from his combative state of mentality.

“I was just doing what comes naturally. My mind kinda tends to go blank and my instincts take full control when I’m in the coliseum and that basically what you told me to do back there. So I went with it.”

He rubbed the back of his head and looked off to the side as he explained. He chuckled when she told him they’d be fishing barehanded for their dinner that night.

“You sure we didn’t just scare off any fish with that little act just now Mer?”

The question wasn’t one without reason, he did stir up the stream water a bit himself and not to mention with his teacher jumping out of the water only to land right back in it.

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"There's a good chance that most of them swam away but there should be some swimming since this is a rather small stream and they can't just turn around and go upstream. It just might take awhile but we should still get some fish before the night's end."

Merrze would stand in the stream and try to strike down and grab some fish, depending on how long it would take to set up camp and eat it would be dark when they were done so she wanted to hurry up. They would have to get to sleep early that night so they could hurry and begin training in the morning. First she had to focus about the task that stood before the fanalis at this current moment. She took a deep and focused breath as she felt the stream and kept her eye on the water looking for fish. She saw two swim towards her trying to avoid her but she  swept her feet through the water launching the aquatic creatures into the air where she caught them, she carried them over ti their supply and sat them down.

"You have to catch whatever you want to eat by the way, that's apart of your training."

The warrior approached the stream again were she would attempt to catch more fish to be here dinner for the day. The white hired girl continued to fish for an hour until she had caught 3 more fish for her dinner. Now that she had food she would set them aside for the moment so she could set up camp. Soon after cooking and setting up camp and eating the girl would prepare to go to bed so she could be prepared for the next day.

[Exit]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum