You are not connected. Please login or register

First Session with the Fanalis Corps (Fanalis Corps Training)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

Endolf could only look around in awe at the new training grounds he had been granted access too. He was a bit surprised at the perks he had gotten access to since joining the Fanalis corps just the other day. It seemed like he wasn’t going to be getting his first dose of training with Merrze like he had hoped but to get Fanalis Corps training first seemed like a good foundation and just as good of a consolation prize. Walking around he looked all over to take in the sights of the training grounds. It wasn’t very different from the training grounds at the coliseum, in fact if Endolf had to put it into words it was even a little more barren in terms of equipment than the coliseum offered, but it was still an impressive and spacious area.

During his absentmindedness he walked smack-dab into another member of the corps, this one a possible future of what he could grow into.

“I-I’m sorry!”

He nervously apologized to the red headed mountain of muscle he had walked into. With a grunt the man moved away from the nervous young boy who was just starting to realize he might just be out of his league with other members like that one walking around. Brought out of his daze he could hear someone speaking to him, or at least in his direction.

“Hey kid, your name Endolf?”

The voice was female, but oozed a sense of self superiority. Turning towards it he found a woman with scarlet colored hair, as if he shouldn’t expect that in a training area specifically for Fanalis, was walking towards her. The air around her seemed to radiate an aura of being better than him, but Endolf felt that was her decision rather than his.

“Uh, yeah.”

His answer was more of a question than an actual answer but the woman didn’t seem to care.

“Captain Merrze sent me to train you since she can’t be here.”

Standing in front of him she seemed to give him a sort of cynical once over that was followed by a scowl.

“Don’t understand why someone like me needs to be stuck training a wimp like you. I mean seriously, are you even really a Fanalis with that scrawny body? I could probably break you in two seconds.”

Endolf could only look at her with a look of surprise, head sticking forward a few inches and back slightly hunched while his mouth hung open at the corner. He really couldn’t tell if she was serious or if she was just taking the chance to take her shots at him being a new recruit and all. Rather than waiting for a response from him the woman drew her sword from her side and tried to close the gap in distance between the two with a swing of her blade cutting through the air. Endolf dropped to the ground quickly out of shock, the weapon shaving a few strands of hair from his head but otherwise missing him.

“Hey watch it!”

The young Fanalis male shouted up towards his attacker as his left hand shot up and began patting the top of his head to make sure a few strands of hair was all he had lost.

“I told you, Captain Merrze sent me to train you. Now stop complaining and try and make it worth my time.”

Pulling her sword back she thrust it downwards at Endolf which caused him to roll off to the side in an attempt to dodge the attack once again. Getting up to his feet Endolf managed to draw his own blade from the sheath at his hips just in time to parry her next strike. His grip wasn’t as tight on the draw as he would have liked and found his weapon flying back out of his hand. At the last second he managed to catch the strap of his sword and pull the blade back and towards his assailant. Pulling the sword back he charged forward into a shoulder charge. Catching the woman off guard with his transition from his odd style of swordplay into a full-body physical attack he managed to connect and knock her down into the dirt.

Taking a minute to catch his breath Endolf reached down and extended his empty hand out to his opponent. A couple of coughs later she looked at him rather oddly before she stared at his hand.

“Let’s start this off a bit better than we did huh? I’m Endolf.”

Scoffing the woman took his hand with her own and allowed him to help pull her up off the ground.

“Ira.”

All he got from her was her name but it didn’t do anything to remove the stupid smile from his face.

“Nice to meet ya. Training partner.”

Adjusting his grip so that he was once again holding his blade by the handle, just the same as his opponent, they both attacked. Their blades clashed as they swung at each other. Endolf found himself with a rush of excitement as he exchanged swings of his sword with Ira’s. He knew he didn’t have the typical Fanalis muscles, not like Ira or the mountain of a man he had bumped into before, but he knew he was fast. His reaction time was the only thing keeping her swings from connecting with him, that was, until she seemed to borrow a page from his book and stepped towards him to drive the butt of her weapon into his chest and set him staggering back a couple of feet.

The two continued like this for what seemed like the next couple of hours in the least before they decided to call it finished. Endolf slumped down against a pillar, face soaked in sweat and chest heaving with each breath he took. Ira stood a little ways away from him sipping on some water and looking just as worn and exhausted as he did.

“So. When do we go again?”

He did his best to smirk at her in his condition.

WC: 1,013/1,000

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum