Name: Boosted Speed
Tier: D
Cost: 10
Weapon Type: Body
Class: Supplementary
Range: Close
Duration: Instant
Cool-Down: 2 posts
Description: The user dashes at 10 m/s in a single direction, 1-5 meters away.

Name: Fanalis Strength
Description: Kneph taps into his fanalis-half, adding a single D-rank's worth of force behind his efforts for a short amount of time. Usually used to break a tie or get out of a sticky situation such as a pin or grapple. Does not increase damage output.

Name: Elblow
Description: Kneph hits a target with a single elbow, knocking away said target up to 5 meters away from Kneph. If the target is not prepared for the strike, then the target could also get knocked off balance.

Name: Forestab
Weapon Type: Bladed
Description: Kneph dodges an incoming attack by moving slightly diagonally at 10 m/s up to 5 meters away from his original position with his weapon pointed at his target.

Name: Burst Speed
Tier: C
Cost: 20
Cool-Down: 3 posts
Description: Kneph dashes in a single direction at 15 m/s, 5-10 meters away.

Last edited by Kneph on 06/10/14, 02:30 am; edited 3 times in total

2Kneph's Starters Empty Re: Kneph's Starters 03/10/14, 08:19 pm

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Elblow: Range would be 5m for strength, would be considered supplementary, as it is a knock-back

Forestab: Add magoi/stamina cost, dodges go off scale at 5m, it would also be a supplementary, as you are not attacking

3Kneph's Starters Empty Re: Kneph's Starters 05/10/14, 09:22 pm

Kneph

Kneph
D-Tier
D-Tier

2nd edit bump (deleted the first, don't want clutter posts)

4Kneph's Starters Empty Re: Kneph's Starters 05/10/14, 09:36 pm

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Boosted Speed: This would need to be a "dash" type move with a restrained area, you cannot just buff speed without having magoi manipulation first.

Burst Speed: This would need to be a "dash" type move with a restrained area, you cannot just buff speed without having magoi manipulation first.

5Kneph's Starters Empty Re: Kneph's Starters 05/10/14, 09:39 pm

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Cool abilities~

The thing that I saw was Elblow, which is listed as an offensive but is missing any mention of actual damage from the attack. As it is now, it would be Supplementary. If you wanted to add damage to it from the ability, you would have to have it as a C tier ability that knocked someone back AND did D tier damage.

What I suggest you do is remove the damage part from it, and have it say something like:

"Kneph hits a target with a single hammer-fist strike at a speed of 10 m/s, knocking away said target up to 5 meters away from Kneph."

Change the name to something else or keep it the same, and what you would do is you would simply say you use your elbow to hit the guy, and then you perform this technique. That way, you can do exactly what you are trying to do with the technique, but without having to be restrained by it.

P.S. I'm assuming the Fanalis Strength is meant as a 'clashing' ability, that can clash against other Strength User abilities and whatnot, instead of being a buff, which is why I found no issue with it ^_^

6Kneph's Starters Empty Re: Kneph's Starters 05/10/14, 11:10 pm

Kneph

Kneph
D-Tier
D-Tier

@Ariella;
Fanalis-Human: They jog at 5 m/s, run at 10 m/s, and sprint at 15 m/s.
I did, however, change the wording so that the two techs don't sound like a buff.

@Garret; Took out the part that made this seem like a multi-function hit, but it should be obvious that the user's strength be taken note of when using this tech (at Kneph's current rank, he can deal D-rank damage naturally). Thanks for the advice though~

Altogether now! BUMP!

7Kneph's Starters Empty Re: Kneph's Starters 06/10/14, 12:07 am

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

My following spoiler is only to explain the meaning behind the 'gamey' mechanics of combat and clashing. Please do not take offense at this, I just want to make sure you understand it completely so that it fits your suspension of disbelief:

Rules and Reasoning/Balancing Behind Them:

As for your abilities, allow me to rework them slightly to fit the systems requirements~ Also, I can post a couple of examples of similar abilities that have already been approved if you want to try them out.

Some common fixes: Your ranges don't mean to represent how far you move while using an ability, but how far the ability moves. When you are attacking with a weapon that you are not throwing, or using footwork/defensive maneuvers it will be considered 'Close'. Anything that leaves your person and covers distance, such as throwing your weapon at an opponent, would have a range increment based on the meters of distance it can cover. This is explained here.

Anything that uses your body parts, such as dashes and strength clashing against other abilities, counts as a 'body' type technique (unless you are using a specific weapon for the technique, in which case it would require that weapon every time).

Code:
[b]Name:[/b] Boosted Speed
[b]Tier:[/b] D
[b]Cost:[/b] 10
[b]Weapon Type:[/b] Body
[b]Class:[/b] Supplementary
[b]Range:[/b] Close
[b]Duration:[/b] Instant
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 2 posts
[b]Description:[/b] The user dashes at 10 m/s in a single direction, 1-5 meters away.

[b]Name:[/b] Fanalis Strength
[b]Description:[/b] Kneph taps into his fanalis-half, adding a single D-rank's worth of force behind his efforts for a short amount of time. Usually used to break a tie or get out of a sticky situation such as a pin or grapple. Does not increase damage output.

[b]Name:[/b] Elblow
[b]Description:[/b] Kneph hits a target with his a single elbow, knocking away said target up to 5 meters away from Kneph. If the target is not prepared for the strike, then the target could also getting knocked off balance.

[b]Name:[/b] Forestab
[b]Weapon Type:[/b] Bladed
[b]Description:[/b] Kneph dodges an incoming attack by moving slightly diagonally at 10 m/s up to 5 meters away from his original position with his weapon pointed at his target.

[b]Name:[/b] Burst Speed
[b]Tier:[/b] C
[b]Cost:[/b] 20
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 3 posts
[b]Description:[/b] Kneph dashes in a single direction at 15 m/s, 5-10 meters away.

Examples of similarly approved abilities:

Name:Flutter Steps
Duration: 1 post
Description:
Using the muscle strength of his race, Kirby dashes 1-5 times over a distance of 1 meter increments at a speed of 10m/s.

Name: Water Falls in Reverse (River Styx Style)
Tier: C
Cost: 20 Stamina
Duration: 1 post
Cool-Down: 3 posts
Description: The user pushes off the ground with great strength, allowing them to jump 1-5 meters in an omnidirectional trajectory at 15m/s. Should one of the user's feet collide with a solid surface, they are able to repeat this movement one more time.

Anyways, you can take the abilities from what I edited if you would like, or if you wanted to change it up a bit, that's perfectly fine as well. Just let me know what you think. I'm here to help you out ^_^

P.s. We don't really mix base stats with ability stats. If you use an ability that dashes you at 15 m/s, though, and in your post you mention that you continue to run at your Fanalis speed, that's perfectly fine. It's because you've already built up the momentum needed to continue running. We just don't normally combine base stats with abilities, if that makes any sense. If it doesn't, just let me know and I'll try better to explain it XD.

8Kneph's Starters Empty Re: Kneph's Starters 06/10/14, 02:34 am

Kneph

Kneph
D-Tier
D-Tier

Used what was in the code box~

Just one question...so base strength is not factored when Elblow is used? I understand that based strength/speed does not stack with abilities that specifically deal with strength/speed, but I'm a little confused after what you just said about supplementary abilities that don't directly deal with strength/speed @_@

9Kneph's Starters Empty Re: Kneph's Starters 06/10/14, 11:49 pm

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Exactly so, Kneph. Mind you, we ARE always open to suggestions and means of implementing new things so long as they are tied somewhat closely to the Magi universe. If you think there is an improvement that we can make to the current systems, that doesn't throw the balance out the window, then let us know~

The entire reason the systems are there is to provide something like a check and balances on RP that's done, so sometimes it gets in the way of logic, but we try to keep it within reason v.v

Anyways, you have these abilities for use now ^_^.

Code:
[b]Name:[/b] Boosted Speed
[b]Description:[/b] The user dashes at 10 m/s in a single direction, 1-5 meters away.

[b]Name:[/b] Fanalis Strength
[b]Description:[/b] Kneph taps into his fanalis-half, adding a single D-rank's worth of force behind his efforts for a short amount of time. Usually used to break a tie or get out of a sticky situation such as a pin or grapple. Does not increase damage output.

[b]Name:[/b] Elblow
[b]Description:[/b] Kneph hits a target with his a single elbow, knocking away said target up to 5 meters away from Kneph. If the target is not prepared for the strike, then the target could also getting knocked off balance.

[b]Name:[/b] Forestab
[b]Weapon Type:[/b] Bladed
[b]Description:[/b] Kneph dodges an incoming attack by moving slightly diagonally at 10 m/s up to 5 meters away from his original position with his weapon pointed at his target.

[b]Name:[/b] Burst Speed
[b]Tier:[/b] C
[b]Cost:[/b] 20
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 3 posts
[b]Description:[/b] Kneph dashes in a single direction at 15 m/s, 5-10 meters away.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]