Name: Hamon, Seeker
Tier: B
Cost: 30 Stamina / 15 for upkeep
Weapon Type:  Bow
Class Offensive
Range: 30 Meters
Duration: 4 Posts
Cool-Down: 5 Posts
Description: Lagi creates and fires off a light arrow that's 45.7 cm in length and width. The arrow moves at the speed of 20 m/s and covers the range of 30 meters. Unlike the usual function of the heaven bow, this light arrow can actually be controlled by will from Lagi, alternating its trajectory as long as he pays an additional upkeep. The damage capabilities of the arrow can tear straight through muscle and are able to nick the bone.

Name: Hamon, Wave End
Cost: 30 Stamina
Weapon Type:  Bow
Class Offensive
Duration: 1 Posts
Description: Lagi creates and fires off a light arrow that's 114.3 cm in length and basic width for an arrow. The arrow moves at the speed of 20 m/s and covers the range of 30 meters. Upon Contact, the arrow ignites into an AOE spread of holy damage that covers 15 meters from where it landed. Damage capabilities include 2nd degree burns, he explosion itself moves at the speed of 20 m/s.

Last edited by Lagi El Nagi on 19/09/14, 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

These abilities aren't "free" you still have to train them.

-Why are your spells all named "Hamon?" There is no reason why spells from two different magic tools would have the same name. Even if they are both from the same dungeon.

Hamon, Seeker
-You can't make a spell automatically track a target without somehow marking them first.
-This spell can't simply pass through non-living obstacles.
-If you are leaving a burning effect behind thin this should also be labeled "Supplementary"
-Residual flames from the burning effects don't deal additional damage. They just cause lasting pain.

Hamon, Wave End
-If you are leaving a burning effect behind thin this should also be labeled "Supplementary"
-Residual flames from the burning effects don't deal additional damage. They just cause lasting pain.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

its not that far off from how some of the holy attacks used against me in that dungeon, almost every attack tracked my life signature without marking. I could give about two examples from a beast or two

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As for the burning aspect, this is inconsistent with previous usages of heat/fire spells
Bifrons wrote:
[You may now roll the Go Dice. Zadi and his beast have both taken B-tier damage and will continue to take B-tier burn damage once per turn for two turns unless the flames are put out.]

in regards to the detection of life, per the magic systems page...
Life Magic also specializes in detecting other life-forms within a given radius.

it does not mention the targets having to be marked, only that it can detect within a certain radius.

I agree with the "avoids non life forms" part, as the spell would be unable to detect the presence, and would instead head directly for the life signature it detected.

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

What happens in a dungeon can't be equated to player abilities. So using things that a dungeon beast has used as examples is a futile effort. Sometimes these beasts are given abilities outside what a normal player is capable of.  The Tengu in Caim had an "ability" that let them automatically parry all swordsmanship attacks under a certain tier at all times. No player could ever get a defensive ability so powerful. That being said, I'll try to address each concern as reasonably as I can.

Tracking Spells in Vassago
-The people who controlled that dungeon and made those tracking spells are no longer here, but without giving any names lets just say they did a terrible job. There was a lot of unfair stuff that happened in that dungeon and it was discussed in the Skype staff chat. Long story short, those tracking attacks were among the things discussed that were deemed to be out of line.

Heat Magic in Bifrons
-In context of a player spell, the magic used in Bifrons would have been a sustained spell. The flames remained and continued to deal damage, but this does not mean all heat magic is going to deal damage over time via burn effects.

Detecting Lifeforms
-This would be a separate spell entirely. One which, for example, could mark a target to be tracked later. Just because a magic type is capable of doing something, it does not mean all of its spells are going to have that function. Just like how you can't make a life magic that forms a construct who moves to attack an enemy but for some reason it also heals the user at the same time. Or how not all ice magic spells are going to add a frozen effect to their targets.

-Do you really want to suggest we allow all life magic spells to automatically track people simply because one facet of life magic involves detecting life forms? That would make the magic type incredibly over powered and it's already one of the stronger types out there. Please, I beg of you not to have us travel down that slippery slope.

Avoiding Non-Lifeforms
-If a spell would be unable to detect non-life forms, then it would have no way to know they were there and therefore could not avoid them.

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

I'm kind of with Yaku on this, but there are different things that I want to point out:

1) It doesn't say what element these abilities are, nor does it list it as 'Bow of Heaven' which is what I'm assuming your assigning these abilities under.
2) If the above assumption is correct, that makes your abilities Holy Abilities. A description of holy techniques from Yaku was 'Light that can either deal burning damage or heal'. Since it is a combination magic, some of its utility from its individual parts are lost. Holy magic cannot detect life, as it is a specialized type of magic that was made for a completely separate purpose.

That being said, I would have no issue with Lagi having his spell be something that says 'Lagi is able to guide the arrow with his will.' and make a mention that upon sustain, he can continue to guide that arrow.

As for the burning, I've always found the burning description in the abilities to be unclear. I believe that it isn't strange for the description of Lagi's spell to have come about from that description, as that is exactly how I imagined that effect works. It specifically says that it creates flames that continue to burn for the next few posts, and given that we do not write flavor text in our abilities, it would go to mean that it deals damage. Of course, if this is not the case, this line should just be removed. Flavor text has no place in mechanics explanations of the ability. There shouldn't be a mechanic that reminds a player that they should RP that they are in pain when they take serious damage.

My last beef with this is the following
3) You are using the Standard/Imperial measuring system with the size of the arrows. Please change this to metric system.

76.2 cm (30 in.)
45.7 cm (18 in.)
114.3 cm (45 in.)
53.34 cm (21 in.)

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

ok made some edits, i know i have to train for them, the free i mentioned was that they didnt take p my official tech slots

As for seeker, idk if this is what you had in mind for the homing clause

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

I'm going to buff it a little bit, and I'm going to add in the width of your second spell. If you find the following acceptable changes to your spell, feel free to train them~!

These instances are approved:

Name: Hamon, Seeker
Cost: 30 Stamina / 15 for upkeep
Weapon Type: Bow of Heaven
Element Holy (Light+Life)
Class Offensive
Duration: 4 Posts
Description: Lagi creates and fires off a light arrow that's 45.7 cm in length and width. The arrow moves at the speed of 20 m/s and can exist within 30 meters of him. Unlike the usual function of the heaven bow, this light arrow can actually be controlled by will from Lagi, alternating its trajectory. Lagi may sustain this ability in subsequent posts in order to continue to control the arrow's movement. The damage capabilities of the arrow can tear straight through muscle and are able to nick the bone.

Name: Hamon, Wave End
Cost: 30 Stamina
Weapon Type: Bow of Heaven
Element Holy (Light+Life)
Class Offensive
Duration: 1 Posts
Description: Lagi creates and fires off a light arrow that's 114.3 cm in length and 1.5 cm in width. The arrow moves at the speed of 20 m/s and covers the range of 30 meters. Upon Contact, the arrow ignites into an AOE spread of holy damage that covers 15 meter diameter from where it landed. Damage capabilities include 2nd degree burns, the explosion itself moves at the speed of 20 m/s.

Code:
[b]Name:[/b] Hamon, Seeker
[b]Tier:[/b] B
[b]Cost:[/b] 30 Stamina / 15 for upkeep
[b]Weapon Type:[/b] Bow of Heaven
[b]Element[/b] Holy (Light+Life)
[b]Class[/b] Offensive
[b]Range:[/b] 30 Meters
[b]Duration:[/b] 4 Posts
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 5 Posts
[b]Description:[/b] Lagi creates and fires off a light arrow that's 45.7 cm in length and width. The arrow moves at the speed of 20 m/s and can exist within 30 meters of him. Unlike the usual function of the heaven bow, this light arrow can actually be controlled by will from Lagi, alternating its trajectory. Lagi may sustain this ability in subsequent posts in order to continue to control the arrow's movement. The damage capabilities of the arrow can tear straight through muscle and are able to nick the bone.

[b]Name:[/b] Hamon, Wave End
[b]Cost:[/b] 30 Stamina
[b]Class[/b] Offensive
[b]Duration:[/b] 1 Posts
[b]Description:[/b] Lagi creates and fires off a light arrow that's 114.3 cm in length and 1.5 cm in width. The arrow moves at the speed of 20 m/s and covers the range of 30 meters. Upon Contact, the arrow ignites into an AOE spread of holy damage that covers 15 meter diameter from where it landed. Damage capabilities include 2nd degree burns, the explosion itself moves at the speed of 20 m/s.

The differences are very subtle, but it basically allows you to control the movement of your first arrow during your first post as well as during subsequent posts. This means that if you knew that your opponent just jumped into a ditch, you could have your arrow go straight down to hit them after you fired it off in the same post.

If you really want to use your versions instead, however, that's fine as well. Just let me know, and I will change it back.

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

I'd like there to be a note that if Lagi is focusing on controlling the arrow then he can't be performing any other abilities. It would reasonably require great concentration.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Training approved, please add these to your vault~

Code:

[b]Name:[/b] Hamon, Seeker
[b]Cost:[/b] 30 Stamina / 15 for upkeep
[b]Class[/b] Offensive
[b]Duration:[/b] 4 Posts
[b]Description:[/b] Lagi creates and fires off a light arrow that's 45.7 cm in length and width. The arrow moves at the speed of 20 m/s and can exist within 30 meters of him. Unlike the usual function of the heaven bow, this light arrow can actually be controlled by will from Lagi, alternating its trajectory. Lagi may sustain this ability in subsequent posts in order to continue to control the arrow's movement. The damage capabilities of the arrow can tear straight through muscle and are able to nick the bone.

[b]Name:[/b] Hamon, Wave End
[b]Cost:[/b] 30 Stamina
[b]Class[/b] Offensive
[b]Duration:[/b] 1 Posts
[b]Description:[/b] Lagi creates and fires off a light arrow that's 114.3 cm in length and 1.5 cm in width. The arrow moves at the speed of 20 m/s and covers the range of 30 meters. Upon Contact, the arrow ignites into an AOE spread of holy damage that covers 15 meter diameter from where it landed. Damage capabilities include 2nd degree burns, the explosion itself moves at the speed of 20 m/s.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum