Combined Magic

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Combined Magic Empty Combined Magic 27/08/14, 11:29 pm

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Noah wrote:Mages at the start of their magical journey can tap into only one of the primary eight elements but as time goes on they gain access to the other types. After gaining access to the other types of magic one is able to mix the two or even three types to form new and powerful magical abilities.

So here, we learn that a mage can learn a maximum of 3 types of magic.

Jael wrote:People specializing in Intelligence here are the only ones who can combine 4 or more magic types into one, unless if they have instruction from another wizard of Ω-Tier.

And here, we learn that a normal mage can combine several magics together, but only those from Magnostadt can combine 4 or more.

This means that, somewhere, it is possible for a madoushi to have the ability to use more than just the raw elements they are allowed to use. I spoke with Yaku at one point about this, and I don't quite remember what was said, but I was under the impression that a madoushi could use their own elements in conjunction with the magic from items.

For example, you have a magic item that has a lightning descriptor, but you are a water mage. With the assistance of your own magic, you are able to create thunder magic with the ability slot from that magical item.

I'm wondering if this is how it actually works, or if there's something else to it?

Yaku, as one of the older members of the board, could you elaborate on this at all? Like, how combination magicks are done on the board?

2Combined Magic Empty Re: Combined Magic 28/08/14, 06:05 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Basically, there are supposed to be some magic tools which have only one function and that is to give you access to an additional magic type.

None of these items have been made yet though. If you get a magic tool that says you can create X number of lightning spells, then you can only create lightning spells with those slots. These are spells the magic tool already has engraved into its formula.

What you COULD do is combine your magic tools with your spells to combo each other. For example, casting water magic to wet an opponent before following up with one of those lightning spells. But when it comes to creating entirely new magic types through combination, you would need one of these specialized magic tools. It is most likely they would take the form of staffs or wands~

Does this answer your question?

3Combined Magic Empty Re: Combined Magic 28/08/14, 09:10 pm

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Yes it does, and I am very sad but I will live with this news lol.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum