Name: In your face
Tier: D-Tier
Cost: 10 Stamina
Weapon Type: Body
Class: Offensive
Range: Melee
Duration: Instantaneous
Cool-Down: 2 Posts
Description: Darius stands on the foot of his opponent while giving him a punch with the speed of 10 m/s in the face and at same time ramming the target which will result in the target falling down. The damage, if the punch hits, is D-Tier.

Name: I can see you!
Cost: 10 Stamina / 5 per post to sustain
Weapon Type: Sword
Range: Self
Cool-Down: 2 posts
Description: Darius starts to rotate (10 m/s) while slashing behind him in order to deal D-Rank damage and to quickly face an enemy behind him.

Name: Fury
Tier: D-Rank
Cost: 10 Stamina
Weapon Type: Sword/Dual Swords (not owned)
Cool-Down: 2 posts
Description: Darius starts wildly striking 5 times at his opponent with tremendous speed (10 m/s). This can deal D-Rank damage for every hit, though they can not add up to C-Tier Damage even if they hit the same target. As the attacks come at random this move is hard to predict.

Name: Simple Parry
Cost: 10 Stamina / 5 Stamina to sustain
Weapon Type: Swords or Body
Class: Defensive
Duration: 2 Posts
Cool-Down: 3 Posts
Description: Darius would simple use his sword and strike at a weak point of the enemy weapon in order to stop and incoming attack and maybe even leaving an opening. If used with fists Darius would, if in range, hit the nerve on the wrist to make the opponent flinch away if he were to use a hand-to-hand attack. (1 C- or 2 D-Tier Attacks, only 1 per post)

Name: Too slow!
Tier: C-Tier
Cost: 20 Stamina
Weapon Type: Swords
Range: 10 meters (not the jump)
Cool-Down: 3 posts
Description: Darius would start sprinting at the opponent just to leap toward the enemy at a speed of 15 m/s, as soon as in range, and attempt to slash the target in order to deal C-Tier damage.

Last edited by Darius on 13/08/14, 07:54 pm; edited 7 times in total

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

In Your Face:
Remove the information about the speed decrease from wearing heavy armor. It's very strange, but any items not actually purchased through the shop are purely aesthetic and do nothing to abilities. Change the class to Offensive/Supplementary, and remove the current mention of 'hardly falling down'. The technique can deal D tier damage, and cause an opponent to be 'pushed down' or 'pushed back', but it cannot be an 'either or' technique. Also, change your weapon here to 'Body' to signify that you use your feet and hands in order to utilize the technique.

Get out of my way!:
There are rules for buffing your movement speed At the bottom of this page. You must use magoi manipulation to straight-up buff speed, however you *can* have a burst of speed for up to 10 m/s for a total of up to 10 meters in a single post. If you choose to make them smaller bursts of speed, the added total can be for 10 meters. Ex. 5 different bursts of speed for 2 meters each, or 2 bursts of speed for 5 meters each. You may remove your information about obstacles, as well as the last sentence.

Fury:
You may change the 'range' on it to simply 'Melee' or 'Close'. Since the weapon needed for the tech is a sword, you will be able to show the range by the sword used. Almost forgot to mention, you can do up to 5 attacks with this ability. The maximum speed can be up to 10m/s, though you currently have it at 7 which is fine if that's how you want it. Each attack would do D tier, though they cannot add up to C tier damage if they land on the same target. You just need 1 attack to land to actually deal the D tier damage.

Claymore Parry:
You may block 1 C or 2 D tier's worth of damage with this block in a single post. Please make this change to your technique.

Strength of a King:
All attacks made by physical weapons do at least D tier damage, regardless of what ability you have.  Unless the war cry is necessary for him to use this technique, it shouldn't be posted in the stats of the technique. You can remove the 'Darius will be exhausted and can't wield heavy weapons' clause. Like mentioned earlier, this looks like it is both a strength buff and a speed buff, which both requires Magoi Manipulation (you must be B tier to do it). If you wish to make your normal physical attacks with your sword faster, you can make 10 D-tier attacks at 15 m/s, or 1 C tier attack at 15 m/s. All 10 D-tier attacks would have to hit the same target in order to deal C tier damage, as a warning if you choose to go the quantity over quality step.

Dariuso

Dariuso
D-Tier
D-Tier

Does that look better to you? ^^ (I won't do the 10 m/s simply because I think that having a heavy sword and max speed would be quite unbalanced)

About the armor, how does it look in-play? As you see my character wears heavy armor so how am I to deal with that? :P

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

In your face
-If the punch misses then this shouldn't really make someone fall down. Yes, you're stepping on their foot but there is more to knocking someone over than that.

Get out of my way!
-You are still trying to use this as a constant speed buff. It would need to be a single movement that has a burst of speed or a series of smaller movements. But you can't simply run and build up to 10m/s(kind of silly to make an ability for doing so anyways seeing as your max sprinting speed by default is 9m/s.

Fury
-Remove lines like this. Whether or not your opponent has a chance to strike/react and how effective those actions are depends on the situation, not just the ability.
It hardly gives the opponent a chance to strike without being hit.

Claymore Parry
-If this is supposed to be a parry then you'll need to change the nature of the ability because it is currently described as a block.

Strength of a King
-This is still described as a buff. You can't just arbitrarily increase the strength of your next attack. The ability needs to be a specific attack which you perform.

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Sorry, forgot to comment on the armor issue.

The system does not currently support the creation of armor for balance purposes. This means that IC your armor is basically paper thin and can't even stop a child's punch from reaching your body and dealing damage. This might be silly but it's an unfortunate truth. Your "heavy armor" is just flavor text for aesthetic purposes.

Dariuso

Dariuso
D-Tier
D-Tier

That's a joke right? What logic would anything metal serv ethen anyways? x.x Not trying to complain about the system.. but it isn't really logical at all if you can just punch a hole through an armor when you are.. let's say.. a 5 year old. x.x I mean I was about to question how to do this with the armor and maybe even remove the starter weapon but it being paper thin? I'm not sure if I can accept this. :I

Would be better to just not accept characters that wear armor at all so that it would not break any kind of logics.

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

It's no joke. There is no defensive bonuses granted through armor. It may as well not even exist, calling it "paper thin" was meant to express that. We aren't going to tell people that they can't have armor period, but it boils down to being a visual touch and must not serve any real purpose in combat.

It's kind of silly to argue logic on a forum were people can move 25m/s and use magic. Compromises are made in order to keep the combat system balanced and fair. I am sorry this puts a damper on your fun, but you simply can't actually make use of your armor. On the bright side, this means you can drop the speed penalties you were giving yourself.

Dariuso

Dariuso
D-Tier
D-Tier

Well can I rework some things on my character app then? I feel kinda silly having a character with armor but not getting to use it in any way. :I

I am just gonna use the Protoype version of Gilgamesh (my character's appearance) who has no armor. ^^ So no major changes.

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

That would require I pull your app from the approved section and that the entire thing be checked once again for approval. This isn't really necessary as you can simply enter a thread without the armor on and if you feel like being flashy you can wear it during more formal events or something. This forum isn't so strict that you would be forced to wear the same clothing as in your exact face claim image.

If you REALLY want to edit your app, it can be done. But it is an extra step of work you don't need to do. Your character's attire can change from thread to thread as you see fit.

Dariuso

Dariuso
D-Tier
D-Tier

I reworked the abilities a bit and instead Darius will have a 1-handed sword now. It was simpler for me to think of abilities. ^^

Hope it is good now! :)

(Sorry for being a bit nervous.. I just am confused at the system a bit and I had a bad day xD)

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

No need to apologize. Just a couple more changes and you're all set.

Simple Parry
-If this is sustained for two posts then it should have a sustained magoi/stamina cost which is half the cost of the original casting per turn past the initial turn. So the sustained cost here would be 5 magoi/stamina meaning if you used this ability for the full two turns your total cost would end up being 15 magoi/stamina.

Rules regarding sustained abilities are included with all other ability rules in the Guidelines.

Too slow!
-Change the speed so it is applied to the leap(single action) rather than the sprinting(several steps meaning a sustained speed buff).

Dariuso

Dariuso
D-Tier
D-Tier

Done~

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Approved
Code:
[b]Name:[/b] In your face
[b]Tier:[/b] D-Tier
[b]Cost:[/b] 10 Stamina
[b]Weapon Type:[/b] Body
[b]Class:[/b] Offensive
[b]Range:[/b] Melee
[b]Duration:[/b] Instantaneous
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 2 Posts
[b]Description:[/b] Darius stands on the foot of his opponent while giving him a punch with the speed of 10 m/s in the face and at same time ramming the target which will result in the target falling down. The damage, if the punch hits, is D-Tier.

[b]Name:[/b] I can see you!
[b]Cost:[/b] 10 Stamina / 5 per post to sustain
[b]Weapon Type:[/b] Sword
[b]Range:[/b] Self
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 2 posts
[b]Description:[/b] Darius starts to rotate (10 m/s) while slashing behind him in order to deal D-Rank damage and to quickly face an enemy behind him.

[b]Name:[/b] Fury
[b]Tier:[/b] D-Rank
[b]Cost:[/b] 10 Stamina
[b]Weapon Type:[/b] Sword/Dual Swords (not owned)
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 2 posts
[b]Description:[/b] Darius starts wildly striking 5 times at his opponent with tremendous speed (10 m/s). This can deal D-Rank damage for every hit, though they can not add up to C-Tier Damage even if they hit the same target. As the attacks come at random this move is hard to predict.

[b]Name:[/b] Simple Parry
[b]Cost:[/b] 10 Stamina / 5 Stamina to sustain
[b]Weapon Type:[/b] Swords or Body
[b]Class:[/b] Defensive
[b]Duration:[/b] 2 Posts
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 3 Posts
[b]Description:[/b] Darius would simple use his sword and strike at a weak point of the enemy weapon in order to stop and incoming attack and maybe even leaving an opening. If used with fists Darius would, if in range, hit the nerve on the wrist to make the opponent flinch away if he were to use a hand-to-hand attack. (1 C- or 2 D-Tier Attacks, only 1 per post)

[b]Name:[/b] Too slow!
[b]Tier:[/b] C-Tier
[b]Cost:[/b] 20 Stamina
[b]Weapon Type:[/b] Swords
[b]Range:[/b] 10 meters (not the jump)
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 3 posts
[b]Description:[/b] Darius would start sprinting at the opponent just to leap toward the enemy at a speed of 15 m/s, as soon as in range, and attempt to slash the target in order to deal C-Tier damage.

Don't forget to make a character Vault and add these to it along with all other approved abilities/items you obtain.

https://magiworld.forumotion.com/f10-vault

It would also be wise to add a link to your vault into your signature. Feel free to copy my vault's coding for an easy template. A link can be found in my siggy~

Dariuso

Dariuso
D-Tier
D-Tier

Done~

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum