You are not connected. Please login or register

The strength of multi-class abilities

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kirby

Kirby
D-Tier
D-Tier

I was talking to Yakuroro the other day, and we briefly discussed the strength of Offensive/Supplementary and Defensive/Supplementary skills. At it's finest, these skills can be quite strong when following the current system rules, and Yaku proposed that it might need a nerf.

Just wanted to discuss some simple possibility for nerfing potential, and my reasoning behind why the nerf would make sense.

1) Normally, an ability can go full power no matter what kinds of class it has. That means that a defensive/supplementary can block an attack and potentially allow movement as well, since range is a factor that isn't really taken full advantage of for melee fighters. What I would propose first is that since the user is not focusing solely on the defensive or solely on the supplementary nature of the technique, the technique itself operates 1 tier weaker than what it would normally.

For example, a C tier defense could normally defend against up to B tier damage. However, in this case, it would only be C tier damage. Furthermore, the movement generated by this defense would normally be a 20~ meters distance at 15 m/s, however instead it would operate on a supplementary of the D tier level, which is a 10 meter distance with a maximum speed of 10m/s.

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Already doing this exact thing. But I'm waiting for the site move before implementing this and a number of other changes. Since people will be needing to repost everything at the time of the move anyways, it doesn't make sense to implement it right now and make a bunch of people go redo their abilities.

For now, just enjoy the OPness of no penalties to hybrid class abilities.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum