Name: Song of the Shah
Tier: C-Tier
Cost: 20
Weapon Type: Sword
Class: Offensive
Range: Close
Duration: Instant
Cool-Down: 3 Posts
Description: Upon reach of a target, the user attempts to strike any given part of the victim at the rapid skill of 15 m/s, dealing C-Tier damage in the process.

Name: Parry
Tier: D-Tier
Cost: 10
Class: Defensive
Range: Self
Duration: 2 posts
Description: With correct precision and timing, the user becomes able to parry any incoming physical techniques at incredibly fast speeds in order to defend himself. This allows to defend from 1 C-Tier or 2 D-Tiered skills during the lenght of the skill, sucessfully wearing off.

Name: The Lion's Dance
Cool-Down: 2 Posts
Description: With a rapid sucession of movements, the user feints an attack as it swiftly backflips above the enemy at the speed of 10 m/s, striking in a downward fashion at the enemy whilst landing, dealing D-Tier damage.

Name: Swift Focus
Cost: 10/5 per post
Class: Supplementary
Range: Self
Duration: 2
Cool-Down: 3
Description: The user's mind and body become one, giving him extra concentration on the opponents movements and attacks. This allows the user to avoid specifically aimed incoming physical attacks such as punches or weapon thrusts, moving his entire body at 10 m/s to evade them. This however, simply limits to these kind of attacks, meaning he wouldn't be able to dodge slashes or attacks with an area of effect. He can only avoid 2 attacks per post whilst this ability is in function, adding to an overall distance of movement of 10 meters.  

Name: Keen Strike
Description: The user pierces a single point in the nerves of the enemy at 10 m/s causing a momentary malfunction. The limb striken becomes paralyzed for 2 posts and dealt D-Tier damage.

Last edited by Farah on 11/07/14, 06:00 am; edited 4 times in total

2Farah's Starters Empty Re: Farah's Starters 11/07/14, 04:02 am

Raizel

Raizel
β-Tier
β-Tier

Hello, I will start commenting on your abilities.

All of the abilities
-Please remove everything about sprinting or running or closing the gaps between you and your opponent.

Song of the Shah
-As stated above, remove the range and speed you can sprint.
-And the part where it states "deal a C rank damage or 2 D rank damage." I'm not sure about this, but it seems to be two different ability. May the other mods decide about this.

Parry
-Omit the part about "golden glow". To quote from Yakuroro on an ability I wanted, "There is nothing magical going on with your ability and you don't have reiatsu or chakra from bleach or naruto so there is nothing creating that visual effect." So yea.

The Lion's Dance
-Remove the sprinting range and speed. You can do this in RP.

Swift Focus
-Give it a max amount of post, and increase the cooldown so that it will be x+1(Where x is the number of post you used it). I can't be approving techniques that last 10 post with a 3 post cooldown.

Keen Strike
-Remove the golden glow.
-I don't think you can paralyze someone through that. Even if you could, since it's a D rank, it should paralyze for only 1 post max.

3Farah's Starters Empty Re: Farah's Starters 11/07/14, 05:13 am

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Sprinting
-You don't need to remove them all. However doing so would be somewhat to your advantage. Listing sprinting at the ability speed is redundant and self limiting considering your fanalis sprint speed. Unless you are using a B-tier speed ability there is no point. Instead you should be using the augmented speed of the ability be given to your attack itself which does not technically receive a racial speed boost. This will allow your abilities to be more effective!
 Very Happy 
-I feel I should also note that you can't use an ability to buff your constant movement speed. I think that's what Raizel was getting at with the sprinting. You can have bursts of speed for movement but not a constant speed increase unless you are using magoi manipulation.

Song of the Shah
-And the part where it states "deal a C rank damage or 2 D rank damage." I'm not sure about this, but it seems to be two different ability. May the other mods decide about this.
-What I think Raizel was trying to point out is that you have to pick between this being a single hit ability or a 2 hit ability. Just as a magician can't make one fireball spell to be both a giant sphere and 10 small spheres, strength user's can't have an ability that is one giant cleave or 10 small slashes.

Parry
-I've updated the Ability Examples. That was something we changed later but never updated in the guidelines. You can still have cool effects like this with magic tools and such. But for now you'll just have to make due with flavor text. Like saying the sun light gleams off the blade in an rp before/during your ability.

The Lion's Dance
-Instead of sprinting you would need to step in or leap that distance. Blah blah blah speed buff rules I mentioned above.
-I still think you should drop the sprint and just make the ability the backflip.
-Please clarify when the slash is happening because I can't tell if it is during the flip or after landing.

Swift Focus
-You indeed need to set a duration. Few abilities are exceptions and allowed to have endless sustained durations such as the flight spells and social abilities that are flavor text with no potential affects on combat.
-Please specify that you are only doing one movement at this speed per turn a bit more clearly.
-Please state how far you move with each movement. I imagine you are going for more of a weave in and out close to the attacks kind of thing but I don't know that from this description.

Keen Strike
-Just lose the glow, the paralysis is legit~

4Farah's Starters Empty Re: Farah's Starters 11/07/14, 05:34 am

Farah

Farah
β-Tier
β-Tier

Thank you kind Sires~ let's see how these are now.

Bump

5Farah's Starters Empty Re: Farah's Starters 11/07/14, 05:54 am

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Swift Focus
-Please detail the distance of your movements. Since you have two movements the max distance for each would be 5m(adding up to 10m).
-Add the sustained cost please~

6Farah's Starters Empty Re: Farah's Starters 11/07/14, 06:05 am

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Approved
Code:
[b]Name:[/b] Song of the Shah
[b]Tier:[/b] C-Tier
[b]Cost:[/b] 20
[b]Weapon Type:[/b] Sword
[b]Class:[/b] Offensive
[b]Range:[/b] Close
[b]Duration:[/b] Instant
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 3 Posts
[b]Description:[/b] Upon reach of a target, the user attempts to strike any given part of the victim at the rapid skill of 15 m/s, dealing C-Tier damage in the process.

[b]Name:[/b] Parry
[b]Tier:[/b] D-Tier
[b]Cost:[/b] 10
[b]Class:[/b] Defensive
[b]Range:[/b] Self
[b]Duration:[/b] 2 posts
[b]Description:[/b] With correct precision and timing, the user becomes able to parry any incoming physical techniques at incredibly fast speeds in order to defend himself. This allows to defend from 1 C-Tier or 2 D-Tiered skills during the lenght of the skill, sucessfully wearing off.

[b]Name:[/b] The Lion's Dance
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 2 Posts
[b]Description:[/b] With a rapid sucession of movements, the user feints an attack as it swiftly backflips above the enemy at the speed of 10 m/s, striking in a downward fashion at the enemy whilst landing, dealing D-Tier damage.

[b]Name:[/b] Swift Focus
[b]Cost:[/b] 10/5 per post
[b]Class:[/b] Supplementary
[b]Range:[/b] Self
[b]Duration:[/b] 2
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 3
[b]Description:[/b] The user's mind and body become one, giving him extra concentration on the opponents movements and attacks. This allows the user to avoid specifically aimed incoming physical attacks such as punches or weapon thrusts, moving his entire body at 10 m/s to evade them. This however, simply limits to these kind of attacks, meaning he wouldn't be able to dodge slashes or attacks with an area of effect. He can only avoid 2 attacks per post whilst this ability is in function, adding to an overall distance of movement of 10 meters.  

[b]Name:[/b] Keen Strike
[b]Description:[/b] The user pierces a single point in the nerves of the enemy at 10 m/s causing a momentary malfunction. The limb striken becomes paralyzed for 2 posts and dealt D-Tier damage.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]