When the Wisteria Blooms [Zub/Noir]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

Lady Soushui.

Zubaidah had heard that name once before, if memory served. In fact, it must have been when she was in Kou during the war; when she had met Ran Wo. If she was right, Soushui was the noblewoman who had formerly employed her. Well, what a coincidence then that rumour had it Soushui was now a companion to her good friend Noir. To be honest, it almost seemed like fate wanted Zubaidah to see Noir again. Knowing fate, however, whatever seemed the case was the case; so fate definitely wanted her there.

-----

That was how she ended up here, walking amidst the wisteria of suburban Magnostadt. She had never seen this species of wisteria outside Kou but, hey, magicians were skilled in making what seemed impossible possible, were they not? More like making the unlikely likely, she mused to herself. Waiting in front of one of the city gates, Zubaidah admired the rukh fluttering about the wisteria and listened to their chatter, I heard that… I was told that… I said that… the Chancellor might be replaced. Curious about what they meant, she listened a little closer before…

If it isn’t dear Noir!' Seeing her friend walk through the gates, Zubaidah hummed a farewell to the rukh before she jumped up to hug Noir, ‘I’m so glad you wrote back to my letter! It’s been a while, hasn’t it! Maybe even a year or more at this rate? Oof, I really should’ve come sooner but, you know, work and all.’ She sighed slightly, catching her breath whilst that constant smile moved not an inch from her lips, ‘Anyways, how’ve you been! Not too busy I hope? Who am I kidding, I’ve heard that Magnostadt has been experiencing, well, troubles. In fact, I hear that most countries, even Imuchakk, have been experiencing pretty much the same troubles. Dead kings and all that, hmm?
mag: 340/340 | stam: 390/390

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The situation within Magnostadt was still very tense at the moment. Well, no wonder... It was only several weeks after Ezekiel tried to attack the country. Although they managed to protect the country, they learned the Chancellor's true nature and witnessed his immense hatred towards the Goi. This was something that made Noir feel uncertain about her affiliation with Magnostadt and about her status as a student as well as the assistant professor of the Academy of Magic.

With a sigh, Noir stepped out from the gate of the city. Perhaps she should just go back to the manor and get some rest there... But a certain individual within the crowds caught her attention. A rose-colored blush appeared on Noir's pale cheeks as she saw the woman. She was always so radiant and there was a certain elegant aura that Noir could sense from her. However, there was a tightness in her chest as she stared at the purple-haired lady. Something was different from her... something familiar, but Noir wasn't able to figure it out at the moment.

As Noir was lost in her thought, she didn't notice the lady was already very close to her and ready to pounce on her. The excited embrace brought Noir back to reality, but she could feel the vibration the moment Zubaidah touched her. It almost felt like that time... at the imperial palace's prison... But maybe Noir was wrong.

"It has been a while indeed." There was a fondness hidden within Noir's golden eyes as she responded to Zubaidah. The magician admired the way she smiled and the way she spoke, maybe it was safe to say that Noir adored Zubaidah very much.

"So you've heard... Well, I assume all neighboring countries would've known about the trouble by now..." Another sigh escaped Noir's peach-colored lips. "How are you, Zubaidah? Have you been doing well?"

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

New travels fast in my business, dear.’ A sly grin spread across Zubaidah’s face as she watched Noir’s cheeks blush rose-red, ‘Give me a rumour and it’ll be spread from Reim to Kou before you can blink! Of course, I would never actually do that…

Deciding to stop talking before Noir questioned her further, Zubaidah veered back on track, ‘But anyways! How am I? Well, other than all that king business, I’ve been decent. In fact, my own business has been absolutely booming! I just secured a deal with the bazaar outside Magnostadt to sell some of my products. Sadly I was unable to access the city itself, so business is limited to outside the walls for now. Not too surprising, since I hear that tensions between magicians and non-magicians have become more pronounced as of recent. I haven't been here that often, so don't take my word for it, but I definitely don’t remember it being quite this bad before. I would’ve been able to at least enter Magnostadt’s outskirts for commercial deals, but now I’m pretty much confined to the areas outside the walls.

A sigh of pent-up frustration escaped Zubaidah’s smile, ‘Sorry for all the complaining. I travelled such a long way, from Parthevia no less, even with my leg in this state,’ She stretched her leg out so that Noir could see the white-stained scars from the Vestige, ‘So I’d hoped I might be able to see more of Magnostadt…

But that’s not why I came here, is it? I came here to see you! So let’s put all that side, you know? Tell me everything you’ve been up to since Jedidiah!

mag: 340/340 | word: 582/1500 | stam: 390/390

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"I am glad you are doing well, Zubaidah." The raven-haired magician giggled, happy to hear that Zubaidah had been doing great. Although, for some reason, there was something within Zubaidah that made Noir curious. But she couldn't figure it out... She just knew it was something... or someone familiar.

"Well, we aren't sure about what will happen and it is a little bit hard to talk about this in public. Especially a lot of people starts to take sides." She would speak to Zubaidah in low volume, feeling cautious about her surrounding. Noir sighed, feeling ashamed that Zubaidah had to witness the embarrassing side of Magnostadt.

"Thank you, I'm very grateful for that. If you don't mind, maybe we can talk more at my house? Surely it would be more comfortable than standing here." The magician would take out her flying carpet from her bag, but she wouldn't infuse any magoi into it yet. "I am sure a lot has been happened ever since Jedidiah."

If the purple-haired lady agreed, then Noir would start activating her flying carpet and give her guest a ride to her manor. "Hang on tight, Zubaidah. My place isn't that far away from here."

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

Oh, I would love to visit your place!’ It was now Zubaidah’s turn to blush, realising that she had not been invited to someone else’s for leisure in quite some time. She felt like she was a young girl in Tisifun again, going around to her friend’s place for the afternoon. Gosh, how long had it been since she had even been able to relax with a friend like this…

But let’s drop the politics, why don’t we? I came here to visit you, putting aside whatever else I’ve done here as well. You are why I came, so let’s hear how you’ve been - not how Magnostadt has been, hmm?’ Zubaidah would surprise Noir, and herself even, with a second hug before they departed the wisteria-covered suburbs. She meant it as a genuine show of affection, rare for Zubaiudah, but she could not help but feel something was off about herself. What was this nagging feeling inside her head?

Why did it feel like she had some ulterior motive in mind for visiting Noir?

mag: 340/340 | stam: 390/390

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Zubaidah's voice always felt very calming for Noir and her sultry smile radiated a glimpse of warmth. If the assistant professor could describe her with anything, then perhaps associating her with The Sun would be the most suitable. Although they weren't able to spend more time discussing the secrets of the words, as a fellow knowledge seeker, each meeting with Zubaidah only made Noir grow even fonder of her.

As they arrived at Noir's manor, the magician would guide her guest to the living room and ask her to take her seat on the comfortable couch. "I wouldn't say that I'm doing well, I guess I'm still in shock after finding out the chancellor's true personality."

"Excuse me." A black-haired woman stepped into the room, bringing a tray with both of her hands. The calming aroma of the tea quickly filled the room, "Thank you, Lady Shousui. You should've asked one of the helpers to help bring in the tea."

The older woman chuckled and waved her hands, "I don't mind, Noir. It's not every day that a guest would visit our manor." However, the moment Shousui looked at Zubaidah, she felt something nostalgic... It was someone she missed, someone she longed for... someone who... was not supposed to be in this world anymore. "I apologize for my rudeness, Miss. But what is your name and where are you from...?"

Noir stared at Shousui, and couldn't help but notice the strange act from the latter. She wondered if the woman also noticed something from Zubaidah...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum