A Rangers' Duty [Vacuum Side Story]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Job:

Angelus was rather parched. It was sunny out. Ah, was this region ever not so scorching? Anyhow, the soldier had come back to the southwest region just below the borders of Reim for more work regarding his Parthevia campaign. It may be wiser to not call the soldier Angelus though. Perhaps his other name? Ah, yes, Gilgamesh was his name here within the vast land of Parthevia. Gil could be what his name for short was.

Nerilla, or rather, Eliza, had once more come with Gil to this land so that they could further gain a foothold on this war, figure out what they could gain from the chaos, and what they can learn regarding their foes. Gil learned to love this land, for the people, the culture, the way they did battle, and far more. Parthevia had became similar to a second home to him, and he even learned to love the clothing. It was evident to the people of Reim that Angelus had begun to fancy donning some Parthevian clothing. It was no secret he hid.

Gil came on this new mission by the request of Bahadur, who seemed to want to help Gil consolidate his power, changing Parthevia for the better. Despite his true identity being Angelus, he truly wanted to be Gilgamesh, the man who could unite the western cultures of this continent under one banner, so that way the west can prosper as one. It was no longer for just Reim that Gil hoped to unite Parthevia, but for the people who suffer under the tyranny of the chaotic leaders of these lands.

Upon the fertile northern land of Parthevia, the sun begun to rise over from the horizon, bringing light to the lush forestry. Gil had came to a fertile river with his dear friend, Eliza, otherwise known by Nerilla back home. However, within Parthevia, the two had to be more than dedicated to their alter ego names. Gil were to have come during the morning, but his map were to not work again until the full moon came up and the sun lowered once more. Until then, the two just wanted to set up a small encampment and try and get a scope of the area.

Eliza was quite the seasoned ranger, being very proficient with her sling gifted to her by Gil and her bow she's had from childhood. Gil very much so respected her prowess with hunting. It was evident whenever he saw her hunt that she had been doing this since very young. Nerilla, or Eliza's eyes were that of a lion when hunting, and her aim and shot were that of a lion's bite. It truly dazzled the man. Anytime he saw her fire a round, he was enthralled by her sheer dedication to the shot and her sharp focus.

It had begun to strike night. Eliza had cooked up a fine dinner before the two of them set out to find and locate the rose gold that Bahadur requested of them to bring to him. Gil was to plunk himself down unto a cushion of leaves he went and made within this cave they rested, readying himself to chow down on Eliza's food. It was then that right as he was to sink his teeth into the savory meat,

It was to be right about when he was to sink his teeth into the delectable meat that then, suddenly, a young boy with dark tanned skin and vibrant red hair was to yell out that there was a grove watcher pursuing him. A what? Gil was to halt, just staring at the boy, before he was to then put his meat down and stand up, trying to see what this kid was talking of. Eliza had just finished the rest of the cooking she had done and was to have seen this unfold too with Gil. Who is this kid? Is he a fanalis? I mean, he did have that bright red hair indicative of one. However, the boy sure did not have the courage of a fanalis. Eliza was to peek out from behind a tree, observing the boy while Gil came onto the scene to figure out what was the problem.

Gilgamesh: "A grove watcher? Hey, kid, come here. Nothing is behind you."

Explained the scarfed man with dark eyes. It seemed there were no beasts pursuing the boy, so why was he screaming? It could be that he mistook something for a beast? Perhaps the beast was no longer pursuing him? Anyway, there was no beast for him to be afraid of. Eliza was to lightly laugh at how the boy stared at Gil then back behind him then back at Gil, then back behind him once more. Gil was to sigh, returning to the cave to chow down on his meat. It was then that the boy was to try and detail what had occurred just before he met Gil and Eliza. It had seemed that the boy was trying to obtain a particular rare medicinal flower for his mother that only could be found near the river here. However, suddenly, a rhino that was indigenous to the area jumped out at him, but the boy was luckily able to just barely outrun the beast. Nerilla was rather interested in this here rhino he spoke of.

Eliza (Nerilla): "Oi, booy, what are you playing round here for? Yknow, this area is dangerous, right?"

Inquired the ranger, knowing the far out wilderness to be dangerous.

Bijan: "I will have you know my name is Bijan! I hail from the Shar! I run from no danger! ... I was here though trying to find a medicinal flower for my mom.. but that rhino tried to attack me.."

Said the boy, looking particularly glum.

Gilgamesh: "Hey, don't try and face what you're not ready for though. Me and Ne- I mean Eliza can fetch the flower for you."

Stated the legend, his white hair flowing within the crisp but gentle wind. Gil was to pat the boy on his back, reassuring him that he and Eliza would nab that flower for his mother. It was then that Gil was to have the boy sit with Eliza and him, eating the savory meat Eliza cooked up. Once nightfall came, the two were to take out their map, while following the directions of where the boy said the flower was. It seemed that wherever this flower was, the place was quite close to where this vein of rose gold Gil was trying to find.

Upon coming to the location, the three of them were to realize that the flower and the vein of rose gold were both located within the same area. Eliza was careful, trying not to alert wildlife of their presence. If the three of them peered their eyes on the grove where both the flower and vein of rose gold were, they'd see a rhino guarding the grove. It was then that Eliza was to prep her bow, gearing up to fire at the rhino, when suddenly, the Shar boy was to trip, alerting the rhino. Once the rhino heard the noise, the rhino would sense for living creatures nearby.

In a panic, the rhino was to use vines from their body to try and quickly grab the Shar boy. It was to grasp him, but Gil was to unveil his clawed cestus to the rhino, then cut the vines grasping Bijan, the clumsy Shar. Gil had fed his armband magoi, so that he could coat his cestus within razor magic, causing his claws to be sharper.

It was then that Gil was to find himself facing the rhino's charge head on. It looked that the rhino had quickly sharpened his horn on a rock, before then trying to ram Gil with said horn. However, Gil was to face the horn of the rhino straight on, valiant and unnerving. Gil was to clash with the rhino, sparks flying from their clash, but the clash was to not last long. Eliza was to fire a shot out at the rhino with her sling that was to blow the rhino back, dealing B-Tier damage to the rhino, but only knocking them out. Eliza even made sure that the rhino was just knocked out, and not dead or too badly injured.

It was at that moment that the three of them took the opportunity to snag both a hefty amount of rose gold and plenty of medicinal flowers from the grove. Bijan smiled ear to ear, knowing that this medicine here was to be more than plenty for his mother. Eliza was more than happy to help. Meanwhile, Gil just remained his stoic cold self, but he was obviously quite happy to help too. Once that was said and done, Gil was to return to that mountaintop he first met that old Bahadur, with the rose gold that the man requested for.

Gilgamesh: "Bahadur, old man, I've got the rose gold here. It was a bit funner than I had expected, I suppose. Hey, what kind of woman is their leader, the Shar? I met a kid from the Shar at that grove. I don't mind too much having coffee over a chat I guess."

Said the man, adjusting his Parthevian bandana he's worn quite a lot.

Wordcount: 1543

Magoi: 330

Magic Weapons:

Magic Items:

Nerilla & Wind's Delivery:

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Upon the mountain where his home sat Bahadur could be seen as soon as Gilgamesh made his way over the peak as he had before. The elder didn't seem like he had been anticipating him, or at least at the moment as he was sitting upon a rock, drying his head and chest as all he was wearing was his pants. Either way, as he took notice of the young man he would wave at him and set the towel aside as he soon finished.

"Ah good to see you again, and oh?" He stopped for a moment upon hearing what he had to say and would chuckle softly to himself while stroking his beard. "I will happily tell you more my friend, we can enjoy some coffee while we wait for the forges to get hot enough."

Before he would continue the conversation Bahadur stood up and took the gold before walking over to his forge, he also wiped away a hair from Gil's shoulder before he would walk over to his forges. He was gone for but a moment until the smoke came billowing from the forges before he walked back outside and into the house before finally returning with a pot and some beans. He had roasted his beans earlier it seemed and started boiling the water for them before preparing the cups and sitting down.

"Azar is recently ascended as Khan, her father was killed when he attempted to go after blood-camels who have been taking over land close to their traveling ranges, now their paths are threatened by raids." He said simply as a preface before going any further with info on her. "I know she's around your age I'd say based on appearance, unmarried, no kids, but that doesn't matter all that much when she's the best fighter in the clan, but they do value family very much."

He stopped talking for a moment so that he could take a sip of his coffee once it had gotten cool enough to not burn himself with injury. With a soft sigh of pleasure, he would keep speaking to him with a gentle smile curved upon his cracked, warm face. "But they treat their entire tribe like a family since they aren't all that big, but they are loyal and strong should they be made allies, but I can tell you plenty more if you stay here while I forge."

He would get up and walk back to his workshop before disappearing into it, the sound of hammering could soon enough be heard as he obviously got to work as quickly as possible. This would take some time, but over the next few hours he would come out and talk with Gilgamesh about the weather, what it was like living there, and anything else he wanted to know about the Shar, and Azar. However, he wasn't super close with her so he couldn't say more than what he knew from his source and his chance meetings with her.

When night finally came he offered him the opportunity to camp there overnight as he sat by the fire handing a pipe packed with some hashish, offering it to him as he lit his own. Whether or not he was joined was not his proclivity, but Bahadur enjoyed as he gave some goodnight sentiments. "You do well, sometimes, you seem to be balancing on the knife's edge of being great, or being terrible, but I have to say I'm curious to see what you become, for once one reaches the peak of the mountain there is still the sky beyond to reach is there not?"

After a few puffs of smoking, he was obviously relaxed enough and would go off into his home allowing the man some blankets when he returned out with some a few moments later, lined with sheep's wool. The man was hospitable, to say the least as he made sure he was comfortable before he finally left to go to bed.

However, he was obviously awake earlier than the other man would be as when Gilgamesh would awake he would hear the sounds of hammering and finally, the sound of hissing before his door swung open with a loud thud. As he walked out he was holding what appeared to be silver and golden hair, but upon closer inspection was very thinly wound threading of sorts. He would hand it to him and give a smirk as he would explain what he had made him and how it worked before he would allow him to leave off on his own business.

Gilg's gift:

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum