Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t6462-class-systems#35313

Between Omega-tier Ranger and A-tier Ranger there is only one difference;

5 ammunition

If you want to get technical;

A-Tier: May bring up to 3 ranged weapon and 1 hunting knife into a thread. 20 free ammunition outside of abilities for your ranged weapons. A-Tier and below abilities can be used.

Ω-Tier: May bring up to 3 ranged weapon and 1 hunting knife into a thread. (A maximum of 3 of these items may be brought into a thread). 25 free ammunition outside of abilities for your ranged weapons.

The part in red does not exist in the A-tier description which technically means A-tier Ranger is greater than Omega-tier ranger. However, that's probably not the case.

Regardless, there is hardly a difference and I feel as though there needs to be some change. Maybe more weapons in a thread? I don't want to be the only one to come up with a suggestion that could fall flat, so I ask everyone else to help if they agree. If you don't agree, then please post why~

2Rangers Empty Re: Rangers 28/11/16, 12:01 am

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Maybe 30 free ammunition and obviously have someone go over that red part since it looks misplaced. o:

3Rangers Empty Re: Rangers 28/11/16, 12:35 am

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Maybe we can bring 3 ranged weapon and 2 hunting knife and remove the red colored words :/
About ammo, Im not sure to stick on 25 or just make it as 30.

4Rangers Empty Re: Rangers 28/11/16, 11:14 am

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

The red text was left over stuff. I'll remove it.

5Rangers Empty Re: Rangers 28/11/16, 12:51 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Maybe Omega-tier can grant access to catapults, trebuchets, and ballistas?

6Rangers Empty Re: Rangers 14/12/16, 07:23 pm

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Here are all the suggestions so far;

• 30 ammo (+5 from original)
  • 2 hunting knives (+1 from original)
  • Long Range Siege Weapons

My Opinion on each;

• More ammo is technically better, always, but I haven't seen anybody run out on any tier. As an equivalent measurement, I don't think I've seen any basic attack total from assassins/warriors that hits over 20 in a single thread. However, I guess current dungeons would warrant more ammo, but they have yet to be experienced. Personally, I don't consider more ammo all that useful.

• I'm neither for nor against another hunting knife simply because a hunting knife could be useful, but then again not really. Omega-tier rangers are likely to already have another class to fill the "close combat void" that a single hunting knife kinda already fulfills, so adding another hunting knife into the mix is iffy, in my opinion. The extra knife could be used for a trap, much like an extra bow/crossbow/etc, but setting up even more traps in the heat of combat is tough (if not impossible).

• Again, I'm neither for nor against this suggestion. Long range siege weapons fill a niche role which is rarely explored on this site. Large scale war is technically happening right now, but how often afterwards? Outside of war, I can't see long range siege weapons being all that useful. They are also extremely large and cumbersome, so simply walking around with one would be strange.

Alright, I know I've been very negative towards these suggestions, but they really aren't bad. A combination of the three would set apart A-tier rangers from Omega-tier rangers. Basically siege weapons plus any of the other two suggestions. I'd prefer more ammo in this case due to the extra ammo that would be used by the siege weapons, but the extra hunting knife could help with traps to prevent tampering with the siege weapon.

Would be nice to hear from an experienced ranger *cough* Vodarara *cough*

7Rangers Empty Re: Rangers 15/12/16, 02:49 am

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier

So ive only just noticed this thread, ill have a little think and get back with my opinion zadi.

8Rangers Empty Re: Rangers 22/12/16, 05:58 pm

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier

So ive put in to consideration Zadi's suggestion on siege weapons for omega tier ranger characters,

However, while i agree it has merit it led me to consider some other ideas.

What about an Omega Tier Ranger Trait of sorts - This trait is defined by how we train our omega rank after we gain eligibility to train it, for example if you focus on training your knowledge/experience of Siege Weapons, you gain the ability to deploy these which could be useful in larger events and times that a siege weapon may open up new routes etc.

However, it would also give the ability of players that play my kind of ranger, stealthy, hunter types to define themselves down that route, by defining what "type" of ranger you character is, as Omega tier bits tend to be observed by staff, it would be one of those extra bits that are done with Omega tier work.

By doing it this way, it doesn't lock the Ranger into being a "siege" class but rather a player defined class once you hit omega, making each character somewhat unique at Omega, like i imagine being an Omega tier is meant to be.

9Rangers Empty Re: Rangers 30/12/16, 06:58 pm

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier

I will look to build on an idea derived from this in my admin application bits.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum