You are not connected. Please login or register

The Call of The Eternal [Plot/AT Artifact/Sabin]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

A dream, it would have to be a dream for what else could a scene of endless fire and creatures of living flame be anything but a dream. A vision that would at first not come quite clear, as each night it disappeared from his memory as he woke. However, this time as Sabin woke from his slumber he would hold it clearly within his mind likely at the wonder if this was something true or of his own imagination.

There was a city in a land unfamiliar to those of this world, there he would see as marble columns and statues fell under the weight of collapsing buildings. A polis wrapped and warped in fire as it exploded around him, with people running for their lives as they were consumed and destroyed by the hungering flames. It was a tragic sight as even though he weren't here Sabin would find his vision moving forward like he was walking deeper into the infernal carnage. Although all attempts at moving his head or closing his eyes ended in failure forcing him to take in the entirety of everything happening in front of him.

Finally, amidst all the death his journey finally stopped as it became focused on the end, and the message it was trying to give him within this nightmare that seemed so real. A warrior clad in only a breast-plate with a club in his hand beat away man, and woman alike as they tried to burn a tree in the middle of a temple. It seemed like he was going to win until someone made it past him, lighting themselves and the enshrined oak. Although he seemed distraught the warrior didn't falter as he suddenly threw himself on top of the flames trying to put them out with his weapon and his body. It seemed hopeless, but the image didn't falter as the fire died away with only the breast plate left.

"Find me" A voice whispered into his mind as the scene finally blurred away to a quick flash of one more scene before he would be allowed to awake.

The western wastes, a valley where the armor was seemingly moved and hidden as he would see a dark cave in the mountains, the same voice echoing from the depths of the cavern in a loud pained growl before suddenly it would fall into darkness. A dream that had visited only before would now be stuck within Sabin' mind as he awoke. Something was calling for him, and it had shown him where it was hidden all he had to do was answer it.

Sabin

Sabin
β-Tier
β-Tier

"Ahhh!!!!!!"

Sabin woke up in a cold sweat, his dream was so vivid that it seemed real. It seemed as if there was a warrior that was doing whatever they could in order to take control of a hopeless situation, so much that they used their body and possibly, their very soul to douse the fire. Sabin has never known such dedication, not the kind where the sacrifice of his own life was trivial in relation to the end goal that they wanted to achieve. He admired that the person in the dream had such purposes, but he was also scared. He might have been an omen for himself, and he might also be a hidden meaning that he needed to look for the area that appeared in the vision for him.

Whether it was fate or destiny, it was something that Sabin believed he had to do. Even more so, it was something only Sabin could do.

Upon arriving at the western waste, Sabin did not enter the cavern at first. The first thing that he did was what any other ranger would do, take the trails and explore the area. With his notebook, he took notes about the fauna that was present and the level of safety that it had. Even if Sabin arrived on the scene, he took it upon himself to investigate the vicinity of the cave before entering.

However, once Sabin did so to his satisfaction, he would finally enter and use his scaled environmental awareness in order to get a good grasp of the cave as he ventured through.

"I'm doing this from the memory of the living dream, but I hope I'm going the right way..."

Magoi 270/270
Stamina 260/300 *addressed that my values were off ahead of time *

Ammo
Ranger 15/15
Assassin 10/10

used
Spoiler:

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As Sabin found himself examining the cave and the area around it he wouldn't find anything of suspicion with the cavern seemingly normal despite the fact it had appeared to him before. However, as he started to enter and tune himself into the world around him he would notice something quite odd about the place he had come to. Although it was quite old and weathered by both time and erosion the cave he found himself in was not a result of natural formation. The uniformity of it was odd along with the lack of humidity, as he would be able immediately to notice the dryness of the air. It ould also be quite clear that there was only one path in the entire place, forward deeper into the realms of his mirage.

With each step that clicked against the stone ground, it echoed off into the darkness that he ventured forth into. It might've seemed dangerous but there were surprisingly not many rocks or other debris inside making it easier for Sabin to go further and further without running into something.

However, as the light faded away from the entrance and the path kept going it would've made most wonder when the light was going to return. In mere moments it would as a deep orange glow could be seen far down the path dimly illuminating the path around it without revealing the source. With some hint of an exit or anything deeper in the situation, it might've seemed like the puzzle was coming together until a voice crept into his head.

"Come to me....free me." A voice whispered into his head, its voice dry and cracked like it hadn't had water in days. It was the same voice he heard in his dream if only a bit different, it pleaded with him more as the dim light pulsed with its words. "Please...."

Sabin

Sabin
β-Tier
β-Tier

With Sabin's observations, he wondered what the history of this place was about. What was it linked to? Even more so, what was the source of the mysterious voice? Doing something for himself was a lot different from taking on a contract. Regardless of whether it was due to fear or uncertainty, there are reasons as to why Sabin could decline upon doing something. However, even though Sabin didn't consider himself wholeheartedly as a hero of justice, when he's considered as the last option or only option of assistance for someone,  he's more inclined to do his all for a person that's backed in a corner by life.  In this case, un-life?

"Hold on!"

Running towards the orange light, Sabin took caution to the wind. He sought the secrets from the voice and wished to alleviate the voice from it's pain. It called him over there for a reason. It was time to find out what the reason was for, and if he could do anything about it.

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As he made his way deeper into the cave he would feel the warmth wrapping around his body as the closer he got to his destination the higher the temperature got. Soon what as a comfortable embrace would start to make him sweat as soon enough he would find what had been calling out to him. The voice was suddenly clear as he saw a wall of constant rolling flames at the end of the tunnel before it had spoken to him once more.

"RELEASE ME FROM THIS TORMENT." The voice called from behind the fire, the same voice that belonged to the man from the dream that had told him to come here. However, wasn't that man dead, there was no time for him to think as it pleaded again. "I BEG OF YOU, PLEASE!"

With his pleas, the wall of fire would suddenly open as the source of the calling had finally been revealed. The same breastplate from the vision was hanging on the wall behind the infernal veil. It suddenly moved around on its hook as the same voice cried out in anguish with the heat suddenly flaring with his pain. It would suddenly all make sense but raise all the more questions as it became clear that the breastplate was crying to be taken away from its place but also seemingly had something to do with the fire that was keeping it there.

With this test before Sabin he would have to think quickly as while he wasn't being burned yet he would quickly be able to realize the longer he stayed around the temperatures the more likely he was to get dehydrated or have heat stroke of some sort. He was fine for now but would have to consider his decisions as the armor continued to cry out in pain as if it were the one that was on fire. Although there was an opening the fire would still flare with intense heat emanating all around it. Whether he had a method or would simply persevere it was clear that he had a choice to make soon enough.

The Breastplate:

Sabin

Sabin
β-Tier
β-Tier

Sabin couldn't believe his eyes. This was probably one of the first times that he came face to face with the supernatural. It wasn't the same as the mutated wolf or a mythical creature. It was a talking inanimate object, something that's not usually capable of speech was trying to communicate with him. Trying to hide his shock and wonder of what he got himself into, Sabin had to think quickly about the opportunity presented before him with the wall of fire. The only thing that Sabin could do at the moment made good use of the crown of the fae prince, his best magic tool. Upon activating the prince's playground ability, there were two things that Sabin called upon in order to put out the fire around him temporarily as he used the opening of the wall of fire to reach the armor.

To be honest, it was a simple process. With water being splashed with clumps of dirt mixed in, Sabin created mud to not only douse the fire but help deter the creation of the fire itself. Mud and muddy water in themselves were difficult to burn, it was also in the same standing as the opposing fire since it was created by magical means as well. Using this chance, Sabin raced forward at the armor at C-tier speeds and tried to retrieve it off of the hook.

Spoiler:

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Sabin's efforts were not in vain as he suddenly went to help the sudden voice that was yelling for him, and then as he quickly made it through the flames with nary a singe he saw what he had been waiting for all along. As he grabbed the armor there would be warmth to it that stuck to it even as he held it after his efforts to cool the area down. It would feel comfortable as he held it, inviting even as if it wanted to be worn even. Finally, in these moments the silence was finally broken as the unseen caller would speak once again.

"You've freed me from one prison, now there is one thing you must do for me." The voice came from the armor as purple fire sprouted from the head with each word as if itself were the source of the voice, and it was. "Put on my armor, it will show you what I have went through, but when you make it through I shall be free and you will get my armor to keep, along with my gratitude."

It was an odd situation, the armor had only one simple task for him, wear the armor and experience what he had. Once this was done he would supposedly get this magic armor that was flaring and speaking with him. Although it seemed odd the voice seemed earnest, the type of voice that belong to a loyal guard, he sounded in pain and like he truly wanted help. It was up to Sabin what he would do, the young prince being asked to save a creature wreathed in fire and bound in metal. All he had to do was put it on if he dared, or leave if he thought it too risky.

"I will warn you, it will feel incredibly warm when you do it, but I promise you that you'll survive."
It flared gently again before returning to that warm, gentle flame that it had before. "I don't know how I know, but I can feel it, and I hope you can trust me."

Sabin

Sabin
β-Tier
β-Tier

Now that he had the armor in his possession, Sabin felt like patting himself on the back. After all, this was a gable that he didn't even know would work out or not. "Sheesh! I'll be honest, I'm surprised that I was able to pull it off." Being cunning and thinking quickly on his feet were definitely the saving grace of solving this situation. But for the moment, Sabin was left with a dilemma. By putting on the armor, he would experience the memories of the spirit that was bonded to it. If the dreams were as realistic as those experiences, will Sabin also burn?

"I..... ok.... i'm going to trust you...."

Sabin was a bit apprehensive of the experience and didn't know what those memories could do to him. However, by experiencing the life of this person, maybe he could understand why such a powerful item called out to him in the first place?

"Here it goes...."

Sabin then went and put on the armor

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As Sabin would put on the armor he would get a sudden flash, like a heat wave except he didn't find any burns or warmth after the moment had passed. No all he could see was a man who dedicated himself to a cause and protected his people with his life, giving it to try and protect something he had cherished only to be locked into a torment until someone had come enough to save him. This would give him a sense of peace although the warning he was given, only for a moment that was.

Suddenly the purple flames of the armor would burst from the orifices, wrapping around his arms, his legs, and up his neck as it curled around his face the warmth of the fire becoming all-encompassing. Although he had seen a brief flash of his life he would soon experience the feelings as pain, desire, longing, regret, pride, and hope would all fill the young man as the flames enveloped him. However, he would take no damage as it expelled out and started to collect in front of him.

It would first take the shape of a lavender bonfire that pooled and coiled until it spiraled and rose to take the vague shape of a man that would start to cry and scream as it slammed it's now forming hands against the ground and the sound of crackling flames popped in time like bones were setting within him. This would soon be replaced with laughter as the vague impression of a person had a mouth open on what could only be called the outline of a head.

"You did it, my boy!" He cried with excitement as he placed his hands upon his shoulders and once again no harm would come to the boy. "Oof, I'll need to rest soon to fully form a new shape, but you've freed me at least, and while I can never leave the vicinity of the armor I promise I shall forever be in your debt for this."

Notes: The thread is now complete, staff will work on this npc to approve the traits but you are free to put this in your vault

Sabin's New Artifact:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum