You are not connected. Please login or register

Manticore Madness [C to B Ranger training] [Sabin/Solo]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sabin

Sabin
β-Tier
β-Tier

Sabin blinked a few times and squinted against the light that streamed in through the closed curtains of his resting hut. For the past two weeks, he practiced about 100 arrow shots from 100 meters away with perfect accuracy. That was the main point of the training for Sabin, he had to do it repeatedly without missing one single shot.  For a second or two, there was a lack of recollection, as the mind struggled to bring itself up to speed with the body. Then he remembered, even as he slept, he remembered. The feeling of the bow in his hands, the change of the temperature from morning to evening and night. As well as the ability to control his breathing and remain completely still, even so, that neither predators nor prey would know of your existence until it's too late. The only thing that Sabin would want the intended mark to know was that it was too late to do anything else.

"Alright, let's get started with week 3."

Without much care, he took a quick bathe by the river and got dressed. After eating a nutrition-based breakfast that would keep him eating healthy and keep the hunger off of him until he was done with his work, Sabin went to scout out for another small mountain range to put the red target on.  However, he wasn't sure what it meant to venture outside of the safe zone area he marked that had more predators in the area. He didn't want to run into something that would interrupt his training. There were plenty of powerful people in the world, with or without djinn at their disposal.

That set him into an entire existential discussion with himself about what something he’d been worried about: People with powers were practically gods to those without, but did that mean that those with powers should shepherd the normal people? Should they be protected from the hollows at all times? Should the people with powers rule over those without in order to protect them? Should normal people be hoarded into one area so that they could be more easily protected?

To that last question, he decided unequivocally no. Even if they could find a place big enough people would resist, it was inevitable. History had proven it consistently; they would always fight, always even when it might have been good for them to not do so.  So before he decided upon that, Sabin went over to the wildlife preserve, a shack of explorers who monitor the wildlife and ensure that there are no stragglers in the woods or dangerous animals breeding around.

When he opened the door he noticed that the shack's complex had become investigation central. There was had two whiteboards with dead leads and crossed out names of animals, he had a pegboard with a map of the reim woods linking every known section of predators together with those pins with a string tied to them all pointing in different places, sticky notes everywhere.

"What's going on? From the looks of the board, there seems to be an overpopulation issue. "

A few rangers were there, as well as the head ranger.
The eyes that looked back at him, though, were tired yet focused and worse seemed to have experienced something that they didn’t want to talk about. “It’s… Well, you can see. How it’s been going.” He gestured about the room. “I’ve been doing this for two months now, with very few concrete leads. But it got worse during these last two weeks. I’ve eaten and slept very little. I don't know how this oversight came about, but the manticores have been left alone for too long, there are too many of them. I have fears of them making their way over to the off villages outside of Reim, like the El  Nagi village."

Tightening his fist, Sabin took note of the areas that were marked and started to head over there.

"That's not going to happen, I'll kill as many as I possibly can. With a single shot for each target, they'll never know I'm there."

“Sabin, I’ve been working for the last two months on this! How am I going to find a group in one day when I haven’t been able to locate them or get any real reading on their activity for TWO MONTHS?! And you think you can find them just like that?"

Patting the man on the back , Sabin nodded his head.

"I'm a bounty hunter, tracking is my specialty. But before this becomes a family matter, this one's on the house. "

787/1000

Sabin

Sabin
β-Tier
β-Tier

There were 100 manticores in general. Sabin's world-renown tracking made it a lot easier for someone like him to find out the location of the manticore's nesting grounds through the smallest of clues. He also covered himself with dirt and the local fauna marsh to hide his scent from the manticores, wanting to make sure that they would be unable to pick up his scent as he snipped them from 50 meters away. Taking a deep breath, it was in the middle of the night and the Mantiures were mostly asleep. This would be a mess if Sabin were to miss even once or was unable to kill the manticore in one shot. It would take a week to find them again if they relocated and with them attacking the predators and preys alike, their existence had played a big issue in how the forest was managing itself.

The shots had to be 100% accurate with Sabin hitting them directly in the brain. His breathing was steady as he took aim at one of the sleeping manticores, pulling his bow back as he took proper aim at the creature laying down. After letting loose, Sabin pierced the eye of the creature and the brain at the same time.

"ok....... i have to hurry up..."

The bodies of the manticores were littered everywhere as Sabin killed all 100 of them. They never knew they were even under attack until it was too late. "I should report back to the rangers.."

1000/1000

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum