The Lone Center City [Arc/Plot/FOT]

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Humayra

Humayra
C-Tier
C-Tier

The deed done, the message read. It happened to be important enough for the father-actor to make the letter his dying focus. Making her his heir? Interesting. But wouldn’t that mean he was still using her in some way? Humayra’s confusion at the scene rose to anxiety about the actress’ predicament. Holding the all too important letter, her father dead by her own hands, and guards on the way amidst the storm. Even if it weren’t a great showing, the number of plays Humayra had been able to watch for herself was extremely limited, so perhaps her childish excitement over this one could be excused.

It felt weird yet equally thrilling to be feeling the daughter’s panic. Running around, avoiding the guards who would be seeking retribution for their leader’s untimely demise. Humayra began to lose herself to the play, enjoying it perhaps a bit more than she really needed to.

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As Jynx and Calisto pulled into the river apart from the royal gardens and the secret entrance to their castle the entire family would become visible. There was his father, an elder man with a scar through his left eye which has clearly been made blind, his face framed by a crown that looked like a relic that was kept up in condition through the years but nonetheless had weathered a bit through time. Behind him were two more of his children, a daughter dressed in robes and jewelry, and another son dressed as a warrior with a scar across his forehead.

"Thank you for coming to us Requiem Jynx, I got my son's message and if you are indeed a possible ally I would be glad to talk with you." He would take a slight bow before gesturing to himself as he introduced himself. "I am Acastus Anglikas, Grand Prince of Tepe. I have ruled these lands under Heliohaptian occupation since I was a boy, sixteen myself."

The daughter would be the next to walk forward with a slight curtsey before standing tall, her face calm but there was a determinism hidden in her eyes. "I am Berenike Anglikas, Princess Grandmaster of the Tepe Royal Guard."

Her brother would step forward, a bit more stern and rigid but not out of emotion but of stoicism and a sense of honor and duty. "An Honor to meet you, I am Prince General Cyril Anglikas, of The Tepe Army."

With the two kids stepping back behind their father he would move back to the front so he could be presented as he spoke to them. "This island was colonized by Graecian settlers years ago, led her by the daughter of a mayor to a nation long past, she was the first queen here and the founder of our family. We were conquered by Reim, and then Heliohapt, but if you are new ourself and wish to help us I'd like to know why, how you wish to help us and how we can help you?"

Back at the center of the city where the play kept going Hum would see how things started to progress as suddenly the curtains fell down as so the scene could change, all the while a narrator would explain what was going on behind the scenes, and how they would get where they were going.

"Now the young girl might've had a husband with power, but killing your own father was considered taboo where she was from and soon guards would be sent upon her." The narrator spoke with power before making the sound of lighting and thunder, a loud crash and flash of light appeared from behind the curtains and kept going as he spoke. "However, she was loved, and with the people of her lands who supported her she and they made their way across the nation for weeks until they reached a port city, and although she meant to be left alone as they were cornered by guards she took all her followers onto the boat and cut them from the dock, traveling into a stormy night just like the one from before."

With the sound effects continuing and getting louder the curtains would soon open once again, parting to a scene of a ship on the waves with the princess. Among the boat with her was actors dressed as soldiers, fishers, farmers, sailors, and everything in between to show her eclectic support.

"Where shall we go?" One man asked a bit worried.

"Do we even have a plan?" Another one asked with a stern and judgemental voice.

"Oh gods we should turn around and accept our fate!" a young boy screamed before suddenly they were stopped by the princess as she stepped forward.

"We may not return home, and I may not return to my husband, but wherever we may go I shall give everything of myself to ensure that we find purchase on land most safe, where we can be free and I will promise my life and blood for all your prosperity!"
Her words were uplifting and angelic as the rest of the cast suddenly began to look hopeful at this moment in the scene.

Acastus:
Berenike:
Cyril:

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Lagi continued to observe everyone with a clear head, trying not to let his facial expressions portray any of his emotions. It was the first of many future diplomacy efforts he had to handle, there was no sort of advisor or counsel he could lean on at the moment. He was doing this alone, and at the very least, he wanted to leave here with a win. The daughter was beautiful, the son had a bit of a handsomeness to him in spite of all of the rugged scars. This man had some good children, and in spite of the harshness of the upbringing, they maintained their lives and became something that could pave the way for the future. Lagi could learn a lot about Acastus, it wasn't like he could ask his own father for help raising his children. Before he revealed himself, he needed power, much more power to ensure that they would be protected and taken care of.

"Charmed to meet you, Grand Prince! As well as your beautiful daughter and reliable son. I'm also fascinated by the history of the Graecian ancestors who first sought this place out. It seems that your roots have come from a long line of settlers who braved the new world. From what you said before, you have been conquered by Reim, and after they felt as if the western front was a more fascinating place to fight over, Heliohapt came about. The heliohapt of now is not the ones who previously thought themselves as over you. They are weak, and they are in desperate need of your aid and assistance in a war that, in my opinion, they will ultimately lose. Right now, we are negotiating as partners, as equals, not as one more superior than the other. I said to your son, I have no desire to wreck your way of life, I only seek to complement it. What can we do for you?"

Taking out the map with the circles and scribbles on it, Lagi crouched down and revealed it to the grand prince and his children. "Here is you, and here is me. Tartarus settles upon the former capital of heliohapt and we have a monopoly over the trade routes by sea. This makes this easier for us to trade, and a jointed relationship with our navy will allow you a more safe passage. If we can't cross through the lands of contested territory, we will make our own path. A sea bridge, which will also equal a tariff of passage, earning additional income that your territory can benefit from. The savage lands are deadly, I admit that without our magic tools, a normal human cannot withstand the radiation in deeper parts of that place. Minor transformations occur in the city, but that's a non-issue and those aren't permanent without particular criteria. However......"

Taking a brief pause to see if he managed to gain any sort of following, he continued. "It's the mutation of the lands (which we call the savage lands), newly discovered resources, fauna, and flora. These lands are no longer what they used to be, you only benefit from the unknown if it's something that stands as the focal point of an ally's territory. The time of being ruled upon is over, there is limitless potential from joining my side."

Maybe there was a point to this.

"Why ......... the question comes back to this, no? Why would I help you? A kinship perhaps? What is the future of dungeon beasts? In a word where before I did what I did, there was a decimal to those who shared the same circumstances. What is their destiny, more slaves for a perverted human who would treat them even less than you? What of your fates? Right back where you started. In the cycle of these fates, you submit to a higher power, my people with no sort of sovereignty to call their own, fate is wrong. The idea of such a destiny to maintain its course is wrong if we both continue to suffer. Excuse my language, but fuck them. Let's make our own destiny, you and I. Live for them, your children, your citizens. The future of your country and its best interests. Most of all, live for yourself, pride is subjective in worth and it's easy to hold it in for the smarter choices, no matter how much it spurns you from the inside to do so. You no longer need to do that, the decisions you make are your own. "

What could they offer Tartarus in return? Perhaps they could make that offer themselves? Lagi would determine if it's too little or too much, but he did hope for progress.

Humayra

Humayra
C-Tier
C-Tier

Freedom from oppression. The road to which was paved with bloodshed and loss. Humayra found herself noticing more and more the similarities this story held with her own experiences. The woman in the play violently freeing herself from the oppression of her father, just as Humayra to her slave owners. She too fled to find new beginnings for herself, finding a new place to call home. Al-Shamshura was Humayra's home now. With them she and every other slave who'd borne newfound freedoms were striving to make the world into a better place without slavery.

If the Heliohaptians or any other power hungry nation were permitted to gain control of this island there would be no telling what sort of new weights these island dwelling people would be forced to carry as a result.

"These people deserve to rule over themselves freely." The play was interesting, and the history of it would perhaps help Humayra to better understand the island's circumstances. After this theatrical piece was over however she and Al-Sadek would need to head over and petition a meeting with the island's ruling authority. Gaining understanding of the history was one thing but Al-Shamshura being able to obtain the trust and friendship of these people would open the doors to a prosperous future for both sides.

Pushing back through the crowd Humayra once again stood beside Al-Sadek. The Fanalis girl whispered her thoughts to Al-Sadek's ear while keeping her own eyes and ears on the play itself. "I don't know much about the people in this place but if this play is historically accurate then I don't think they'd want much to do with a nation that supports slavery."

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As Jynx spoke to the royal council they all had different ways they held themselves due to disposition, however, one thing was clear, they were all paying close attention as they watched everything he did and listened to everything that he said. The two sons gave a look to their sister, and then to their father as they let their leader and paternal figure lead them as he had done so for years. If he sought counsel he wouldn't be afraid to ask his kids, but they weren't at that moment yet as he stepped forward to speak.

"You're right, you hold a powerful position, and it's understandable that you would seek to gain something from an alliance." Acastus stroked his beard as his one good eye met with Jynx's, a firm but wisened look on the old prince's face. "For a proper alliance I'm sure we can figure out a formal agreement, but to say here now straight and plain what that could entail is no issue."

He would point to the map that had been drawn up for explanation as he began to make his first point. "First with us you'd have an ally in the western edge of the sea with an established navy, but beyond that, I'm willing to give you the expertise that comes along with that. Our island has some of the best shipwrights in this hemisphere, and to help us both keep our shared border of the sea protected I'm willing to have some ships commissioned for you, and for one of your citizens to apprentice here in our methods of boat-making."

His kids watched behind him, they would all give a look to each other before one of resolution as they all thought it to be a good decision in the end. It seemed like the siblings had mastered a form of talking to one another just by looks, truly something of siblings who had been close all their lives.

"I like how you think, I don't believe I rule because of fate, I believe it to be because of what we've shaped, just as my children provide their counsel and skills not because it is expected, but because of desire and capability."
He would look at them all with fondness before looking back to the man he was negotiating with. "Of course there would be standard alliance deals such as trade, sharing of information and discoveries, and we can work out something to seal the deal?"

As the dialogue ended the curtains would fall once again as another piece of the narrative was soon to begin. However, at first, there was just the sound of storms as rain, lightning, and wind was imitated with various tools behind the scenes, then there was a loud blow of a horn and something that sounded like a creature's roar.

"The journey was dangerous as storms seemed to come and go, plaguing these refugees as they even came across powerful beasts in the seas that disrupted their travels!"
The voice spoke as the same sound as before played to emphasize the fact they were attacked by a monster. "However, at every turn, their princess stood up to protect them, to give them hope or advice that they desperately needed at times."

The curtains were soon slowly pulled back as the set of a beach was shown, a ship props in the background to make it look like they'd walked a distance away from it. There were a few missing background characters as if to represent loss as the next scene began with the sound of flute music and light percussion.

"We've traveled long and far, but we've made it to an island where no one can claim it to be theirs." The princess moved to stand atop a rock, where she spun before sitting down. "We shall build a city here, one where everyone from the humblest born to the most resplendent of royals can strive for the life they want with the support of their family and nation."

"You've lead us this far, but how shall we do it there's no way we can colonize this place with just us?" One person spoke as they fidgeted.

"The Princess has us, she protected us from that sea-beast I'm sure she can figure this out!" a younger girl said at first starting a shift in tone.

"Yeah, she's made the right decision so far, you're our leader and this city we shall build will be yours to rule, but how shall we do it?" An older man said as people started to rally around her.

"Well, we're all accomplished in various fields, we will educate one another, help people out, but in the long run we will work to fix up our boat and get messages to the mainland for family and supporters wishing to join us on this island." She then tapped her chin as another idea popped into her head. "We shall get more boats and sailors to build a miniature fleet to protect our island."

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"Something to sweeten the deal.....oh. Fortunately, you know of a drink called El Ragu? We have a monopoly over the proceeds and the brewery, as well as the secret recipe, is something of mine. The drink is indeed famous, and addictive, people even chose my alcohol over opium in Kou from the earlier stages of the sales. That's how powerful the feeling of euphoria in a cup is when it overtakes an entire drug industry and brings it to its knees. Vendors are subject to a sales tax per bottle, I will waive that for you, and as an ally of Tartarus, you would only need to purchase the stock. " If needed, Lagi would mention the military drugs. However, he believed that what he was offering was enough. He would be making less money here in the name of friendship.

"If you need some convincing, I have a lower percentage stock on my ship. Feel free to have a taste if you like. "
Lagi was trying to be as generous as he could, he had a lot to offer them in terms of capital. The ship-making skills and the possibility of sending someone to learn how to make them would be great as well. "I would definitely appreciate the opportunity to learn more about your marine-based creations. Dungeon beasts would be happy to share cultures and skills. "

Humayra

Humayra
C-Tier
C-Tier

Though the sound effects served to cover up any other noises going on behind the curtains as the scene would be changed, it provided a sort of dramatic pause while the stage transitioned from one moment to the next. Humayra’s ears perked at the imitated sound of a beast roaring but the Fanalis couldn’t place it with anything she’d ever heard before. In fact she felt a little foolish being drawn into trying to figure out what type of creature would make such a noise, given that this was merely a play serving as a reenactment to past events.

The play’s turn had Humayra wondering where this island had been when she’d been born into the world. The freedom to strive towards a kind of life she wanted hadn’t even been an option for the girl until recently… Given that the acting still continued, Humayra didn’t want to ponder the negatives lest it distract her attention from the stage.

What details gathered in the storytelling informed Humayra that an island descended from a few people had actually grown largely due to the lure of freedoms offered which the mainland origins did not. An interesting fact in itself. This meant similar tidings to her and everyone else’s efforts in Al-Shamshura. People were rescued from oppression, saved, and fed. Who wouldn’t want to be a part of that?

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Acastus would listen to his offer and wouldn't say anything at the moment, he gave a slight nod and turned to talk with his children. It didn't seem like he cared if Jynx overheard them. It was simple deliberation as the father looked upon his children and asked them all a question. "Do you have any concerns, Calisto, Cyril, Berenike?"

"It's good to have an exclusive import deal, with us being the most accessible region people would come here to partake for those who can't reach Tartarus," Calisto spoke, he rubbed his chin thinking about the benefits. "Obviously while we'd regulate it here you'd be the sole supplier so the more we sell the more we have to buy for you."

"It's a good deal, although I'd like to know the side effects for such a strong brew?" Berenike questioned as she seemed to be pondering something. "I know you can't very well give us the recipe, but we do need to understand how it might affect our populous."

"I do know it could be useful for the soldiers, sometimes things strong like that help with battlefield surgery or the scars that last afterward," Cyril said before looking at the ground, his eyes lost in something as he sorta half-whispered something. "Both seen and unseen."

After he heard their words Acastus would turn to look at Jynx, pondering their thoughts before he would share his own. "I think it's a good deal, I would like to propose that we send some of our doctors to go there and work with you to produce other things for use in benefit for both our nations and their peoples. Also, I would like to use varying dilutions of the drink as not to get people overtly addicted and not overwhelm people with low tolerances."

He would give a nod and stroke his facial hair before looking to his kids, they gave him a nod as he would turn back to give his last statement on it. "Should there be no glaring details and these arrangements are fine I would say this is a fine deal, and our peoples shall be aligned."

"From there on her descendants have been the ruling family of our island and the survivors the first settlers of the land, from freedom to rule under Reim, and then Heliohapt."
The announcer spoke as the curtain closed. There was a play of some music, a bit hopeful and sweet as he gave his final lines for the show. "Now in this war where we find ourselves in a moment of uncertainty, we can look upon the past for where we should go next for the spirit of our people."

With that, the curtain opened and the cast would bow to receive any applause, flowers, and such that came while they gave their bow to the crowd. While Humayra was watching she might've seen the narrator give her a wink and slight tilt of his head to suggest that she and her friend come to visit him behind the scenes. It might've been mysterious, but there was obviously some sort of reason he seemed to take note of them. If they truly cared it would be for them to find out as the cast went behind the curtain and people started to disperse.

"Those guys always do so well at these shows." One young man said to what could be assumed to be his wife by how she held his arm and leaned into him.

"Yeah, well they're passionate about our culture as they should be, maybe we might see renewed fervor for freedom." She said with a firm nod walking away as the crowd slowly went to doing other things amidst the cultural festival.

Humayra

Humayra
C-Tier
C-Tier

Al-Sadek saw the glimmer in his companion’s eyes. They suggested an intrigue played around in her mind, something he hadn’t yet grasped the reason for but he suspected it had to do with more than just the play itself…

It’d been subtle enough to avoid the general public’s notice but Humayra’s keen senses picked up on the narrator’s invitation. A wink and a nod. The rest of the crowd merely misunderstood it as acknowledgement of their watchful participation. ”When the crowd clears a bit, I’m going to check things out.” The whispered voice reached Al-Sadek’s ear. He wouldn’t leave her to the mysterious meet alone, rather following a score of paces behind when she made the move. A dwindling crowd going its separate ways neither minded nor noticed the odd couple of heads moving to approach the stage and enter behind.

Maybe it ultimately boiled down to her curiosity towards the invite that had Humayra looking forward to seeing backstage. Although their goal on the island remained set in mind, viewing that which no audience would ever normally see piqued the girl’s interest.

Pushing aside the curtains and passing behind the visible stage only once Al-Sadek arrived behind her, Humayra’s eyes then scanned around to look for the man who’d invited them behind the scenes.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Side effects? Euphoria, mild hallucinations if you drink too much. It keeps you relaxed, so for people in pain on the battlefield that need medical treatments with no mage or healing magic tools around, it'll do wonders for the pain. I'd say try it yourself but purity and dilution are the key. I'm a skilled herbalist, there are plenty of things that you can receive from joining hands with me. When you look at the overlord of Tartarus, you don't think drugs and medicine, but I have talents no one knows about that I'm willing to share.

Offering a handshake, Lagi would smile.

"We have a deal then, I'll send the diluted variations, up to 50%. Since I'm here, I don't mind giving your doctors a chance to pick my mind a bit. You can send them over when the war is done for their safety. "

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum