2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Julius VS Zion Empty Julius VS Zion 31/03/21, 09:38 am

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

Zion's Loadout:

A letter of challenge was issued. A curious thing for the enigmatic Zion Koval to do. It was not typical of him to make an open invitation to battle, less so for him to do so towards a complete stranger. It was only a gut feeling on the back of a rumor that this mysterious unknown individual had to be stopped at all costs lest some terrible calamity be brought unto the people of the world by their hand. It was with such a frame of mind that the silver haired magician chose to pen the challenge letter and send it off to the individual in question via a youth whom had been tipped a small silver coin for the delivery. The message read as follows:

The world is wide and vast, but only one of us can be permitted to walk beneath the heavens. I have decided that the one who must perish shall be you. If you find the courage to meet your fate then meet me east of here, forty kilometers deep into the heart of the plains. You will know me by my white hair and the specter of death felt down your spine when you lay eyes upon me.

Sincerely, A Noble Fox of Justice

The words were a bit overly grand an inciteful, but Zion hoped this would be enough to antagonize the mystery man into appearing before him. It was entirely possible the stranger could just ignore Zion's provocation. Then the magician would find himself waiting out here in the plains for nothing! It was indeed an out of the way venue, far from any settlement or nomadic tribe camp. Zion hoped that would mean this battle could be fought safely without worry of dragging in innocent bystanders.

The living doll stood there in the vast open plains barefoot upon the rolling grass. His long hair and blue robes danced in the gentle breeze, his kitsune ears and tail allowed to freely expose themselves. The Nature's Scepter held in his right hand which bore the Devil's Light ring on his ring finger. The Magoi Blade was secured to his sash belt and the Abyss Piercing Cloth was wrapped around his abdomen beneath his clothing where it was hidden from sight. His left arm had the Angel's Brace clasped to his forearm and around his neck rested the Pyramid Pouch which contained both the Dream Infiltrator and Amethyst Longsword within. It was truly the best of what Zion could bring to muster for a fight. The storm kitsune transformed youth only prayed that it would be enough.

2Julius VS Zion Empty Re: Julius VS Zion 02/05/21, 02:21 pm

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

A letter of challenge had been brought to Lord Julius, a simple hand written note which beckoned his presence to settle matters of his existence. It was a nice little letter, one in which the Skeletal Lord would be eager to reply to. The reply would come not with ink and paper but a physical one. The instruction of where to find the battle ground was listed within the letter. The only thing left for him to do was to gear up and head out The only question was what to bring? Perhaps it would be time to bring with him the sword gifted to him from Eight, with it his magic gloves, defiantly the Plague Blade and lastly his boots that held the power of Zoran.  No need for the Kina armor, or to hide his face from behind a mask, he wanted to show this challenger he was the face of death. A Skeletal Demon from beyond one that Kina had named an Avatar.

After gathering his things and fixing himself for combat the suited up Mage made his way to the battle field. Julius had went alone so he could make proper use of is magic, his katana laid waiting in  left hand sheathed as he made the march out there.  With a few moments time he found himself look out at a white haired figure, this must of been the challenger. Stopping roughly 20 meters away from the opponent Julius' magical eyes looked over the creature. He was not a truly living target, no more human than Julius was. A battle of Bones versus Wood.

The youth was wearing an array of different weapons and objects while Julius only had a few, not that he lacked the tools or objects to match what he could see, but he felt them unneeded for this battle. His voice would reach out to the young man before him. The tone calm and holding a normal emotional range, emitting that of someone who was ready and focused.

"Greetings young fighter, I did not foresee someone even younger than myself before me. Though I'm mostly taken back and surprised at the figure you are. Perhaps like me your appearance has little to do wit the actual age of ones self. I am Lord Julius Plagueis, the bringer of true balance and Avatar of Kawachi-no-Kami. Are you a living Golem or just a puppet of another's creation I wonder..." The voice trailed off as Julius was done inspecting his target and what he hoped was his next Victim.  The only thing that was uncertain was how his flesh eating magic would work on something like this, if it did at all. Perhaps he would know after the battle had been concluded.

Lifting the sheathed sword to his face he'd slowly draw it, tossing the sheath away to the side, his double gloved hand gripping the hilt as his finger lifted and clenched tight making sure his grip would be firm. His right hand was covered in a yellow glove and under it a white one. Lifting his hand up and reaching his left arm over he leveled the hilt of his katana to his cheek, the blade's magical properties giving it the odd glow that he loved so much.  Assuming his stance he searched for the sign his opponent was ready,  He'd see if he would be able to end this quickly and get back to bringing the REBIRTH of the world.

gear:

3Julius VS Zion Empty Re: Julius VS Zion 16/05/21, 05:30 am

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

The breeze sung and the grass danced as Zion waited patiently for his target to arrive. In due time a figure appeared on the horizon and gradually that indistinct silhouette approached growing larger and more defined with each passing moment. The young magician revealed anticipation and eagerness hinted with a dash of nervousness at first. But as the subject of his observation grew closer his expression soon turned to horror and apprehension. He had been expecting a man, but what had arrived was a monster of bone and nightmares made real. An uncomfortable lump formed in Zion's throat which he forced down with a hard gulp just as the challenged dark king came to a halt.

Despite appearances, Julius conducted himself with civility and manners unexpected of his skeletal visage. The living doll took in a deep breath before exhaling his tension and fear away. He had traveled with the Lava Beast, Zafar, and seen a few other dungeon beast transformed humans along the way. This was indeed a man, though perhaps no longer merely a man. Magic made up the essence of his physical form as it did Zion's own ever since the storm kitsune transformation had molded his fleshly body anew.

"Perhaps you are right." Zion quipped as he regained control of himself and put forward a coy smile. "Perhaps I am hardly over three years old~" The statement was delivered sarcastically with a shrug but was the ironic truth. He had only walked this world for a fraction of the time his visual appearance suggested. "I am no lord or avatar. I am simply Zion. Zion Koval...I am not sure what you would call me. My father made me this body of flesh and blood to achieve his dreams of greatness. Alas, I have failed to live up to his ambitions. Tell me, do you think the people of the world will consider me 'great' if I end your life today?" The magician brandished his staff and leveled it against Julius to punctuate the provoking words. His empty hand rose alongside it and Zion tapped the staff against his hand executing both movements together in an attempt to make them look natural.

"Come, I shall let you have the first move!" Zion declared, but his words were faleshoods as green rukh and magoi surged in the tip of his staff before expanding as a sound wave that spread out in all directions up to 40m away. The sound carried a low tone buzz that would disorientate those who hear it. Zion hoped this would cause his opponent to stumble when making his approach into melee range.

Magoi: 330/340
Spoiler:

4Julius VS Zion Empty Re: Julius VS Zion 26/06/21, 09:28 am

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

Julius listened to the short tale of Zion, it seemed his magical sight was either acting up or simply he didn't see the man well.   "Yes, I believe so Lord Zion, your name would travel through Heliophat and stretch as far as Kina. Each Country would echo the name of Zion, the man who beat the fearful Julius. But then you would only make me a further legend to those whom I have given true freedom to.  

It seemed the young man had the honor as he offered the very being he challenged the first move. However, as Julius nodded and reached his hand down to draw his blade with his right hand, his eyes caught sight of ruhk gathering at the tip of the man's weapons.  This would an indicator the man was a Magician or the staff was magical. The question was to reveal he too could see the ruhk, or play along. Julius felt tricks and gimmicks were beneath a gentleman. Julius held his left hand up and fed magoi into the white glove on his hand with a sigh. The function Left Hand activated and a strength magic shield came to life as he held it out in front of him as the wave met it.

When the sound spell ended Julius lowered his hand and his head. He was disappointed in the man before him. "Lord Zion, I must say underhanded tactics are not actions befitting of a gentleman.  I must admit I expected more of you after getting an invite via letter.  Perhaps I had gotten my hopes up.

Julius lifted his sword and gave it a single swing through the air.  His skeletal face in young Zion's direction as he started to gather magoi and ruhk around his person.  The magoi traveled from his person into the field finding an unknowing bug as he spoke his commands to the ruhk. "Bio warrior." Tapping his foot on the ground  The Magoi surrounded another bug as there would now be two of the morphing creatures 10 meters in front of him.  They looked the same even though the bugs were probably different types.  Life Magic always had some strange little place in his heart. Did he even have a heart?

Pushing the thought away, Julius just stood there with his two beasts waiting to see what the magician had next. He wouldn't push forth until he has seen what the man had to offer.

Magoi:380/410
Stamina:80/80

Spells:

5Julius VS Zion Empty Re: Julius VS Zion 09/07/21, 08:31 am

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

Upon releasing his spell the snow haired magician had expected his opponent to make a move. There was a light pout upon the young storm kitsune's expression as he witnessed the skeletal being remain rooted in place. The wall of strength magic the creature manifested seemed a foolish endeavor to Zion. Surely such methods would be useless in the face of an incorporeal spell. But some unnatural twist of reality made it more effective than should be possible. Was there more to the strength magic than met the eye? Zion chose not to linger on this information as he found the revelation of Julius' ability to see magic to be more valuable moving forward. The impression he'd given was that of a warrior but now it was clear that there was more magical nature about the man than merely his dungeon beast transformation.

A sigh complimented a deflation of Zion's mock battle stance as he relaxed his arms down to his sides and brought the base of his staff to rest upon the grassy soil. The lich-like monster chastised the deceptive move Zion had made but this had no impact on the youth's opinion of himself. His lip quirked up into a smirk as he shrugged in response. "I'm afraid I'll have to disappoint you further. I am no lord, nor am I from an honor bound family of warriors." Zion shook his head and gestured with his open hand in a sweeping motion. "Though I seek 'greatness' to fulfill my late father's last wishes, I am also yet to settle on just what exactly greatness is or how one can grasp it." The fox youth closed his hand into a fist as if to snatch the subject of his words from the ether. "You may find my ways unbecoming of one worthy to be called 'great' but you see...I had a rather crafty trainer who insisted I learn to be cunning if I wish to survive long enough to achieve my goals."

As if to confirm his prior speculation the skeleton man began casting a spell. Before the magoi had fed into his glove which had birthed the magic. Signature signs of a magic tool at work. But now, Zion noticed, the ghastly fighter was directly sending magoi from himself and into the environment. The swipe of a sword had not escaped noticed but there was no magoi behind it, no evidence that the blade served as wand or stave. So where then was this mysterious character's magical medium? The storm kitsune pondered this as he watched the bio warriors mutate into form with a minor degree of disgust. This was his first time personally witnessing such grotesque use of life magic and it sent a chill down his spine. After warping innocent insects into such creatures of horror, did the skeleton really have room to criticize Zion's own methods of battle?

Shaking his head, Zion abandoned any effort to make sense of Julius' logic. Instead, he merely began to advance since the latter had chosen not to close the distance between them at all. Though the bio warriors stood in the center between them this did not deter Zion in the slightest. Instead, he forged one calm step ahead after another bringing him closer and closer to the unnatural monsters. He watched for any movement from them or their master beyond their blockade, ready to react. But if left uninterrupted by either he would march right up to a mere two meters away from the bugmen. There he would come to a stop and chuckle lightly. "Are you sure you should be creating such abominations just to have them stand around? It seems like a terrible waste of magoi to me."

6Julius VS Zion Empty Re: Julius VS Zion 16/07/21, 12:06 pm

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

After the spell passed to his shield Julius lowered his hand. He listened to the word of Zion and shook his head. "Everyone deserves to be called and treated as Lords and Ladies. Your family doesn't give you value, only we can give ourselves Value. " Julius would grin, or rather would commit the actions he remembered doing as mortal that allowed him to grin, unsure if he was even doing so in his current form. "Greatness... Yes, I see the drive and the fire within you Lord Zion. We shall see if you can achieve that level through this fight.

Lifting his free hand towards the man Julius would give action to his Bio warriors, in doing so he'd answer Zion's question. "I wanted to test a theory. Thank you for your concern. Now go forth my Bio warriors and take out the being before you! Sustaining the spell Julius fed them enough Magoi to remain in their morphed state as they motioned forward towards the white-haired man. They would spread apart 3 meters from each other forming a line in front of Julius. They would move forward until reaching striking distance if they were not destroyed at this point and as a single mind strike with their claw-like arm each seeking to deal D tier damage to the man.

As his Bio warriors moved forward Julius gathered and focused his Magoi within himself, driving his heel into the ground Julius would let a whisper of his chant out. "Eating of the Flesh". With the command, the word is given Julius allowed his magoi to fuel the spell. Soon the entire area around him would fill with a green mist, it would start from 2 meters out from him the reach out 40 meters in every direction. Even if his Bio warriors were to be caught he did not care. He simply stood in place as he cast his spell and waited for the reaction, ready to defend if needed.

spell:
Magoi:370/410

7Julius VS Zion Empty Re: Julius VS Zion 17/07/21, 11:24 pm

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

Julius expressed his reasoning behind giving such formal forms of address and Zion couldn't help but think on the words. Much of his seeking greatness had been centered on external opinions. In his travels he had asked many for their thoughts on what greatness was and the responses given always seemed to rely on achieving something that garnered adoration, respect, or worship of other people. Though Julius had been speaking of something other than greatness, his wisdom struck Zion as something vital to achieving it. Perhaps that self assigned value was but only one small part of reaching the status of 'Great' in the grand scheme of things. But to have grasped this intrinsic value still made the young doll feel as though he'd come one step closer to his goals. Perhaps even closer than a victory in this bout could bring him. A faint smile played across the youth's porcelain-like lips. "I must thank you for your wisdom..." Zion said as he brought his delicate free hand up to stroke his smooth chin.

As the magician stood there idle he appeared to have fallen into absent minded contemplation. There was no reaction from him as the biowarriors formed rank and began to move in on him. Their shifting insectoid figures did not escape Zion's notice however. Just as they were upon him he glanced up and directed his smile towards Julius. A bright glow shimmered over Zion's entire form and his body shifted. His shape morphed as he transitioned from a standing position into one on all fours. The staff and magic tools he'd been holding seemed to meld into the transformation and in a short instant the young humanoid had become a fox. The light did not fade however. No, it became far more brilliant and stunning for this beast was not of flesh and blood but of lightning!

Julius VS Zion Q23bO5Y

The bugmen struck out only for arcs of lightning from Zion's coat to crackle violently and lash out at the aggressors at the last possible moment. Potent electrical charges would jump into the life magic manifested abominations and fry them into charred black husks. The loud scream of a fox pierced through the air and nine beautiful lightning tails spread out behind Zion framing his proud figure standing there on all fours. The lightning beast's gaze now holding an otherworldly vigor to them as arcs of lightning rather than irises reflected back at Julius. Wariness settled into those eyes immediately however as the skeletal master of plagues unleashed a foul mist.

Zion did not know the properties of this mist, nor was he keen on allowing himself to be subject to experimentation. His magician's eyes could see the writhing life magic within and felt that whatever commands it had been given were no good. With an apprehensive growl the lightning fox pounced backwards to retreat from the fast expanding cloud of bacteria. The billowing mist did not seem to stop any time soon however and another three long leaps backwards were required from the foxly youth before he had retreated nearly 30 meters when the mists finally halted their advance on the world.

For a moment the lightning fox paused just two meters away from the edge of the mist deliberating his next move. After a brief consideration the fox transformed back into the appearance of an androgynous young man. "Ray." Zion declared the command confidently as he flicked his staff and pointed a finger at the mists which unleashed a beam of light magic. The high intensity ray of light was only 10mm in diameter and yet it carried with it enough heat to singe skin. Alas, despite being more than capable of reaching Julius when unimpeded, Zion found that it could not cut all the way through the cloud of mist diffusing before it could make its way to the other side. The heat however, seemed to be effective at killing the bacteria within where ever it passed.

-
Magoi: 320/340
Storm Kitsune Racial:
Spells Used:

8Julius VS Zion Empty Re: Julius VS Zion 22/07/21, 11:54 am

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

After the man spoke, he seemed to be lost in thought, Julius wondered if the words he spoke would gift him the victory and not the power he held within himself. As the mist started to spread through the area he was shocked as he watched the man turn into a fox-like creature, Julius was shocked, to say the least. Never before had he seen such a thing take place or even heard of a being able to shift forms. Was this an aspect of the Ruhk he hadn't yet discovered? Maybe he was some sort of dungeon beast or held some item like a magic tool that allowed him to do this? Julius watched in amazement as the Bio warriors were caught with lightning and slain. Julius would grin, or perform the action he remembered as his grin. They served their purpose, the mist would be on top of the Fox creature now, in moments the Bacteria would be on its fur and settle onto their skin, and then he could act with his next spell. Though things did not get that way in the end, the Fox moved at great speeds retreating further than they had started from the start of their meeting. Julius watched once more in awe as their shape turned back humanoid as he watched the ruhk gather and form. A Heat magic spell, though small roared out in power burning away the mist from reaching him, the beam was coming directly for him, but he knew he couldn't move until the mist was all but gone from around him. A weakness to the spell he was all but ready and trained himself to handle. Julius lifted his left hand once more waiting for the beam to reach him before he activated the shield once more. Though before it reached him it stopped. Shocked, Julius let out a loud laugh lifting both hands to his face using his left hand to tap on the palm that wasn't used to grip his sword giving a soft clap.

"I must say, Lord Zion, I am rather impressed. You have shown me once again I have much to learn about the world and the power that the ruhk and magic can grant. You must think my style of life magic is vile. I would not disagree, you see my life magic is inspired by the death of my beloved who died of a sickness. I use life magic in a way that I must relive the pain of her death every time I use it so I may not forget my mission. It seems we are both on a mission by a member of our family who we cherished. I hope you will be able to carry your mission out after this, though. "

The mist faded away from the battlefield freeing Julius to move once more. "I must see it through that you can not stand within my path. " Magoi began to build throughout his body, spreading through him entirely. "I think it's time we start taking it up a notch, I apologize that I have used most of my weaker spells. From here on out, I must fight you with the power I have built to free Reim from its greed. I hope you have more things to show me Lord Zion, but if not thank you. Ascend." A purple outline covers his body as Julius began to lift from the ground.

Julius Lifted 10 meters into the air, he then rushed towards Zion at A-tier Flight speeds. The wind flowed through his clothes as he moved 20 meters closer towards Zion. Stretching his boned arm out towards Zion Magoi and ruhk began to gather at his palm. "Lightning Snake. With the word command given, red lightning would form around his arm before a gathering of lighting took the shape of a snake and hurled at the Magician, as the spell traveled towards Zion Julius increased the height of his flight another 10 meters up.

Magoi:310/410
Spells:

9Julius VS Zion Empty Re: Julius VS Zion 24/07/21, 05:58 am

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

The soft hum of Zion's magic came to an end and the ray of light from his fingertip flickered out into nothingness. The interaction of two spells made the young magician's mind swirl with fascination. Though his magic seemed effective in principle, the nature of his opponent's spell being mist caused his light to scatter. Zion took a few steps back and then began to slowly circle the perimeter of the mist. His eyes darted side to side and took notice of how the spell seemed to be spherical in shape. It covered a vast amount of space and gave off a foreboding feeling due to its pestilent appearance. Thankfully, it was not moving beyond the realm of its initial expansion.

As the living doll observed, he listened. It was amusing to be thankful in a situation like this but Zion did not judge Julius poorly on this matter as he himself had found the act of learning more about magic to be one of life's purest joys. It made him long for his relatively peaceful days at the academy in Magnostadt when his days were immersed in the study of the rukh. This nostalgia was tinged with sympathy for the skeletal lord's past, as well as his convictions for a future entrusted unto him by another. Yet his face held a firm stony mask holding cold against the whirlwind of emotions within his artificial heart.

When Julius had paused, Zion ended his physical motion. He sighed and allowed some of his emotion to leak through that mask of stoicism. With clear bright eyes, Zion called back through the mist in a voice that was laced with prideful cheer. "There is never and end to one's learning. My father Mikael taught me that. Even as the end of his long life, that man never stopped his pursuit of learning more about the world of rukh! ... The magicians gaze then fell downcast and his voice became more solemn and poignant. "...Unfortunately, my father is no longer around to see that world, nor to see me live up to his expectations. Just as you have lost the one for which you are struggling within the currents of fate..."

The mist began to fade and there was now a faint smile on Zion's face as he looked up to see his opponent coming into view. One hadn't moved at all, the other hadn't moved very far at all. Both magicians could see each other and there was no longer anything between them. Julius' declaration of his resolve was of no surprised to Zion. "Nor shall I give way to your ambitions. For I am just as determined to achieve my own goal!" A rare excitement of fighting spirit rose up in Zion's chest. This was perhaps the first time in his short life that he found himself looking forward to the prospect of a fierce battle. "I am Zion Koval, one who seeks greatness. Perhaps before this is over you will share with me your mission. If it is something I can do, I may try to fulfil it after I have defeated you." Surging with confidence, Zion spoke boldly. The words might have sounded like provocation but he meant them sincerely.

Magoi did not swell into action around Zion as it did in Julius. The youth chose to rely on his training and tempered his excitement as Casvallion had taught him. The white haired magician began running forwards, his speed on par with an average human athlete. In comparison, his foe sped towards him like a harbinger of the netherworld. The intense gravity rukh and magoi seemed like a powerful twist on the typical flight spell. It was something Zion had never considered before and his eyes lit up betraying his fascination for a moment.The skeletal specter did not give him time to simply awe as rukh of the 4th type, lightning, gathered greedily around Julius' boned arm as magoi fed a ferocious attack.

Serpentine arcs cast an omnious light as they came crackling towards Zion like as predator striking for the kill causing him to slide to a halt. "Wall!" The Nature's Scepter in the right hand of Zion was swung forward as fast as the doll could. Rukh of Strength was drawn along with the staff which acted like the tip of a brush painting a thin shield of force in the air before him. As Zion provided a steady and minimal amount of magoi his hand then pulled back drawing another layer in the opposite direction. The first shield shattered instantly from the force of the lightning snake's advance. The second cracked immediately after and a wave of hot air blew past him as his hair became tingly with the tickle of static against hair. But the wall held firm long enough to fizzle out the crackling destruction.

Because the defense had been somewhat last minute the clash of spells had taken place just a shot distance from Zion's face which had obscured his view and demanded attention. By the time the chaos had cleared he had to search for a moment before his eyes would be cast upwards to catch sight of Julius ascending towards the sky. A mischievous grin formed on Zion's expression "Shall I show you how I prefer to use life magic?" The magician said with a playful glee. The Nature's scepter then tapped the ground as Zion powered it with his magoi. The advanced wand sprung to life with purple light surged around it in a dense concentration of the 8th type rukh.

Life magic poured into the soil below as if it were an endless fountain of vitality. The wave of magic spread out in every direction from Zion forming a swift expansion to cover a 20m diameter area. Growth seemed slow at first as new plant life started to be born from the simple grass that had covered this plain. Then life sprung forth with all its might at once as the unassuming field transformed into a dense jungle of tall trees and vines. The entire area around Zion had become a small jungle! Under the cover of the canopy Zion crouched down and quickly made his way through the underbush ducking and sliding beneath vines and mighty overgrown roots. His footsteps brought him to the northern side of the jungle where he found a cranny between two large trees which had grown leaning in towards each other.

There he hid using this moment of concealment to swipe the air with his staff to release a clairvoyance spell using light magic. A monocle of light formed before Zion's left eye presenting to him a view to match a flat eye of light that now appeared high in the sky floating 40m above the ground. Zion now had an eagle's eye view of Julius' movements from within the gnarled jungle. There he would lie in wait curious as to how the skeletal avenger reacted.

-
Magoi: 275/340
Spells:

Nature's Scepter:

10Julius VS Zion Empty Re: Julius VS Zion 29/07/21, 01:40 pm

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

From his lifted position Julius watched his lightning dance around his target. He focused on the target location carefully, seeing his lightning attack blocked with a wall of strength magic. Julius applauded the man before him, as he prepared magoi for his next version of this spell, he watched as he saw magoi build and flow into the staff of the magician. Curious to its intentions he paused, allowing himself to lower to the ground slowly as a vast jungle rapidly grew into a coverage hiding the magician within the thick vines, tree, and foliage of the life magic. Julius' boots touched the ground as his spell ended, the fix to his problem would be so simple, burn it down. Though he kicked himself for not learning a proper spell of heat magic but instead had only learned an enhancing heat spell for his blade. This bought had shown Julius ways he was lacking, and educated him that his play of spells needed improving.

Julius sheathed his sword as he clapped his bone hands together loud. "Well fought Lord Zion, I dare say your father would be proud." He made sure to push his voice loud enough to be heard throughout the Jungle's vast landscape, unknow that he could be seen from a spell above. Julius looked to be unarmed but that was just the image he wanted to display, he wore two gloves on his right hand a white glove hidden under his black glove. After he congratulated the man he began to unleash a vast amount of magoi as dark ruhk fluttered to him. "This spell is rather brilliant, I commend you for thinking of something such as this, but I fear it will be your final resting place. I shall hope when you rejoin the flow you may meet your father once more. Farewell Lord Zion and Be Destroyed.

Julius had landed from his 20 meters away location, pacing him at the edge of the spell by Zion. He had given the command to the ruhk already and unleashed his strongest Stretch magic spell. A sphere gathered around him as he pushed out additional magoi from his core into the spell. Extending the range by 20 additional meters, giving it a total range of 45 meters in every direction from himself, for a total of 90 meters in diameter. The faint glow of strength magic would blossom from his skeletal frame as B tier strength magic applied crushing damage to everything within the range of his spell that was not within his sphere of safety. He was not sure how well the trees and such would handle the effects of his spell but he knew it was strong enough to crush metal beams, and so he had hoped the trees would break and fall crushing everything within the jungle.

The Dark King could do nothing else but await the sounds of pain if they were to come or wait to see Zion standing somehow. The Avatar of Kina readied himself for any result that would become the aftermath.

Spell:

Magoi:260/410
Stamina 80/80

11Julius VS Zion Empty Re: Julius VS Zion 02/08/21, 11:25 pm

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

Zion hardly dared to breathe as he crouched against a tree and tried his best not to give away his position. In his light covered eye the sight of Julius descending to the ground was reflected. The tailed magician slowly inched his way around the trunk of the tree to place it between himself and Julius. As he moved, Zion fed magoi into the pyramid around his neck which caused strength magic to enshroud the Nature's Scepter. The scepter shrank down in size until it resembled a speck of dust which flew into the pyramid. From within the accessory emerged another speck which swiftly grew to form an elegant rifle of exquisite design. The Dream Infiltrator now in hand, Zion eagerly awaited Julius' entry into the jungle. Alas, the skeletal lord showed wisdom and caution choosing instead to remain at the jungle's periphery.

A smirk played across his lips when he heard the skeletal magician called out. Julius too seemed sure of his victory and this only made the excitement grow in the young doll's magically constructed heart. The thrill was tempered with the reality brought forth by Julius' orders to the rukh. Zion watched in horror through the lense of clairvoyance as  a dense strength rukh began to pour out from the boneman which encroached into the circle of jungle. A cacophony of snapping vines and branches tearing themselves from their trunks broke out wherever the spell swept past. Zion turned around to face the tree and by relation face the direction Julius was in. The expanding dome of gravity was coming straight for him and there was little time to act.

"Time to give this thing a try...Increase." Zion muttered beneath his breath as his free hand shot to the small bladeless hilt that was fastened into his belt. Retrieving the Magoi Sword with a flick in the air the youth poured magoi into the hilt which gathered strength rukh around to hungrily feed off it in exchange for stretching and expanding the dimensions of the object unnaturally. The material seemed to crack open with magic binding the space between fragmented sections as the mouth of the open hilt spread open forming a two meter disc while still retaining enough handle space for Zion to hold it overhead. Even more magoi then flowed into the hilt causing a blade of magoi to form. However, just because the magic tool had been stretched, the magoi it could channel did not change. So rather than a true blade, it was more like a lens of magoi which formed from the mouth of the magic tool. This would be useless for cutting, but perfect for acting as a shield.

Crouching down, the storm kitsune minimized his profile as much as he could and hefted the shield-blade of magoi above him using the tree as a support. When the wave of strength magic from his opponent surged over the gravity pulling down on the surroundings would clash with the magoi blade and promptly disperse as the magoi powering the spell was promptly blown away by a stronger magoi. This did not expand into the rest of Julius' magic to dispel the entire thing, but it did create a safe space among the destruction for Zion to wait out this storm. Unfortunately there was not quite enough room under this magoi umbrella to quite fully fit all of Zion's tails. The tips of two bushy posterior extremities were sticking out. The gravitational pull that washed over them forced both tails to the ground with prejudice and while there were no bones within to be crushed, it felt like a child was pulling at his hairs with all their strength and the flesh was squeezed against the earth as though a wagon hard parked on top of them.

"YEEEOOOW!!!!!"

A wretched scream of pain was released as tears built up in the corner of Zion's eyes. His teeth gnashed against each other as he bore the agony until Julius' spell had ended. At that time, Zion also cut the flow of magoi to his spell and magic tool keeping only enough flowing to feed his clairvoyance eye which remained floating up above the battlefield. From that magical eye, Zion could see that the jungle had withstood the devastation but only so well. Much of the foliage had been flattened and many branches had fallen. Each tree was stripped of all its leaves and vines. The ground was now covered in broken branches and turn apart fibers making it even more of a mess to walk through than it had been before. Though some of the smaller trees had fallen, many still stood proudly in the afternoon sun. But without their leaves it was questionable whether or not the jungle would go on to survive past this battle.

A solemn look came over Zion's face as he stretched his aching tails against the throbbing pain their tips had been subjected to. He would return this pain two fold! Wait...could the skeleton man even feel pain? The doll found himself to be silly for even wondering such things and scoffed lightly with a shake of the head at his own immaturity. "It seems ambushing you is easier said than done my friend!" Zion begrudgingly called out from behind his tree knowing full well it would give his position away if his cry of pain earlier had not already done so. "Then I shall try a more direct approach!"

With a leap, Zion ascended into the now bare canopy of trees where his feet found purchase on one of the branches that had survived the mayhem. From there, another jump carried Zion 20m upwards into the sky. Surprisingly, the tailed magician did not descend after reaching the apex of his jump. Instead, winds gathered at his feet forming a counterforce that allowed the storm kitsune to stand on air itself. He allowed the clairvoyance eye to fade away now so that he could aim with both eyes at the lichly magician as the Dream Infiltrator was brandished forth. From here, there were still some trees between them but a clear enough shot was available for Zion to aim a blast of nightmare magic at Julius' right shoulder. The rifle accepted Zion's magoi and released it as a black bullet that flew towards his foe with frightening speed.

-

Magoi: 235/340
Spells:

Magic Tools:

12Julius VS Zion Empty Re: Julius VS Zion 05/08/21, 11:43 am

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

Julius watched the effects of his magic as it took control over the landscape, it seemed, however, his magic was not strong enough to force the jungle to completely fall in an instant. The longer he watched the magic at work the more he understood, the jungle spell was simply a tier above his own. And after all that loud mouthing about him winning and the fight being over. If he had teeth, he would suck them, but its sound still emitted from his mouth. Unsure how he would study into that later. Soon enough though the jungle trees and vines began to shake and fall, the sounds of it coming down before him started to take place. He was hoping for this to draw to a close, not that he did not enjoy the fight, he was having a joyful time learning from Zion and the magic he could cast. It was more of a matter of ending a fight before the magoi levels would get too low. Right now he knew this feeling, he was about to come to the halfway point of his magoi and while he might be this unliving creature of the night who was damn near unkillable in most ways, he was not eager to test running out of magoi and seeing if he'd make it through that.

As the Jungle fell, a scream could be heard, but not pinpointed as the jungle's trees' rustle broke and fell to the ground. Julius groaned with an annoyed tone, of course, the little bastard was somehow alive. Some type of magic probably or even just luck. His head moved side to side as he lifted both arms as magoi would build throughout his body. The voice of the ever-elusive Lord Zion pushed from the jungle once more, the words coming one after another would help him focus onto his target locking down a smaller targeting area. It had sounded like he had managed to hurt the Magician, but it seemed not enough to prevent him from speaking.

So the jungle was going to be used as an ambush, curious how the mage would be able to use it to do so. Would the Jungle not have them both at the same disadvantage? Perhaps he was missing something about the Jungle, or perhaps he had missed a spell altogether. Then it felt as if someone shoved his right shoulder, something had hit him from above though he felt no pain. It reminded him of the time the contractor had shot him with the Curse rifle to test its power. Looking down he saw a black bullet spinning before falling to the ground, and magic spilling out as 8 Dog-sized marionette versions of Zion with monster-like claws and fangs would appear in front of Julius. Lowering his left hand he'd quickly drew his Diseased God Fang, and Swung the blade is a wide arch horizontally attempting to cut as much of the little beast as possible. Julius would also bend at the knees as his arch finished and jump back about a meter or so as he motioned his hands to swap the blade to his right hand.

Julius would have been able to find where the shot came from if he did not have to worry about the small beings in front of him. "What sorcery is this Zion? Have you given yourself such a self Identity crisis you made a spell in your image of what you think you are? I must say, that's some pretty nice self-hate if I do say so myself" Julius would erupt in Laughter, soon it would be time to show Lord Zion what hate of one's self would lead to.

13Julius VS Zion Empty Re: Julius VS Zion 07/08/21, 10:41 pm

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

Emerging from the dark miasma of the nightmare magic bullet formed the eight marionette Zionlings. "Gigigigigi!" They chittered a disturbing cadence through their fanged mouths as the little creatures bared their claws and pounced at their target. The sweeping slash of Julius' toxic blade directly severed four of the nightmares in half causing them to let out shrill death cries as they dispersed back into the black shadowy mists they had been born from. The troupe did not stand in a neat line however and another four continued their pounce only to land upon the empty ground where the skeletal lord once stood. The surviving marionettes screeched in frustration gnashing their sharp teeth and wriggling their claws about like tiny monsters. The outburst gave Julius time to speak his words but not much longer before they were on the move again seeming desperate to bite into the bones before them like some kind of pack of rabid dogs.

One of the remaining four leapt right for the face of Julius' skull, another two each dove for the ankles of the skeleton man. The last of the nightmares barreled forward trying to tackle him right at his center where spine and hips meet. All four of the shadow critters would bite down viciously should they reach their target. Meanwhile, Zion directly stepped forward on open air to travel from his somewhat obscured position and into a more visible spot just on the edge of the jungle. The silver haired magician released the storm-like winds that had gathered around his feet to keep him afloat and instead touched down on one of the branches of a peripheral tree. Still 15m off the ground, the storm kitsune readied his rifle and sustained his flow of magoi to the weapon to fire another bullet of nightmare magic. This time the shot was aimed past Julius at the ground behind him where another eight puppets of darkness would emerge should the shot not be intercepted.

This new pack of creatures would then spread out and assault Julius in a pincer attack. Four of the second group would target his lower body, two straight on from behind and the other two circling around to the sides first. The other four would split up the same but instead launch themselves upwards aiming for his upper body. Once more, all four of the creatures would bite down as though they had a ravenous hunger for bone should they reach their mark. It was a disturbing sight for Zion and he watched on with a grim frown as he shook his head in response the the words Julius had spoken.

"Don't be mistaken, these abominations are not of my own design. This magic gives birth to them through the nightmares that plague my worst nights sleep."

There was a strange look on his face as he pondered whether or not to reveal his greatest kept secret to this man. Then resolve as Zion felt a gentlemanly urge to be truthful to the lich lord. "I was not born as most humans were you see. My father, Mikael Koval, dedicated his life's work to creating a semi-permanent body from magic. A lifeless doll made of flesh and bone and blood." Zion paused, both to let the implications of this set in as well as to see how Julius would handle this siege on all sides by twelve individual nightmare spawnlings. The young magician then continued, "Three years ago, my father completed his masterpiece. But without a soul to make that doll body move it could only ever be a magical construct that would obey its caster's commands. A soulless golem and nothing more. But father aspired to greater heights and sought help from a power greater than his own. From fate itself. By some means beyond my understanding, a spirit was taken from the Great Flow and brought down to inhabit the body."

There was a sentimental look in the magician's eyes as he recanted the tale of his own creation as had been relayed to him by Mikael and Casvallion. Oh how he missed them both. Zion could no longer see his passed on father, but his mentor was still in Magnostadt and probably though him dead after being away so long after his kidnapping. Zion decided to pay the masked man a visit should he survive this battle. "Thus, I was born into this world...As a magician yourself, I am sure you can imagine how tempting a proposition it would be to many magicians that they cut me open and investigate the magic behind my creation. I took on the power of a dungeon beast primarily to cover up the odd nature of my magoi system and inherent magical make up. To be less suspicious. But imagine living most of your life knowing you are a "fake" human. That you are but a doll. A monster of magic. Those creatures you saw before you are not manifestations of self hate. They are the fears of how others might see me should my secret become known."

Perhaps Zion could have taken this time to launch more attacks, but instead he chose to stand there in plain sight up in the tree. To share the truth behind his nightmares and to reveal something to Julius that only one other person alive had been privy to up until now. It was possible that this would show to be a foolish choice but for the time being Zion let out a sigh of relief. He enjoyed a brief moment of catharsis by getting this secret off his chest. Even if his mission was to end the one he shared it to, it still felt liberating to not have to hide his true nature for a change.

-

Magoi: 230/340
Magic Tools:

14Julius VS Zion Empty Re: Julius VS Zion 08/08/21, 12:31 pm

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

Half of the puppet creatures had been dealt with, four more remained, as they moved and swarmed him Julius moved backward as they leap forward moving his arms away from his chest. the four bottom rib bones from Julius' body would separate from his body, they shot out from his clothing each changed into arrowhead bones that had their own targets looking to stab each doll in their body to drop them. While this happened the sharp sound of another projectile flying past him was heard as a loud zip. His head turned a full 360 as it lifted and lowered back onto the frame of the Skeletal Lord. He saw eight more of the little monsters as the words of Zion echoed through the area.

His teeth chattered together as the body would slump down as small bones from his spine shifted into small ball barrings of bones, these too would shoot out from his back aimed at the small puppets of a nightmare magics creation.   The free-formed weapon attacked from his body dealt his Tier in Damage, allowing the Avatar of Kawachi-no-Kami to deal with the puppets pretty simply.  After his body fired out, if all puppets were dealt with, he forces the bones back to his body and changes back to normal before setting themselves back in place.  His skull turning back to face Zion as they did so lifting up and lowering once more.

Still, the Living Doll was attacking from afar and in the trees. It was times like this he cursed himself for not bringing his own rifle, he was not sure where or how this man was able to pull items out of thin air as he did since he hadn't seen them on him when the battle started.  

When Zion was done telling of his creation and his fears Julius replied with a grin, at least he thought he was grinning, and then a small chuckle. A body of flesh and blood is also an empty husk without the ruhk. Returning from such a state is impressive though. I intend to do something similar for my wife, though I have to find all of her and give her a body fitting of her recreation.  Do you long for something real? A body that decays and dies because it can not sustain life?  Another difference between us. I have sacrificed my own body for this, a gift it was called but really I had no choice. While I initially regretted the change to my body I have come to accept this is the only natural evolution to one who seeks the knowledge of living forever, and understanding all there is to know of the Ruhk.  The Ruhk is nothing more than the power of life, and we use it to fight. It's a bit cynical if you think about it.  Using life to take life. He paused as his arms opened wide.

"You are not a fake human my friend, you are a soul with a second chance, and you're wasting it by seeing yourself as nothing less than a defiance of Solomon's Will, and a GIFT!" You have what many seek, much like me you are probably very hard to truly kill, but are far better than humans. Do not seek to become something more alive, as we as unliving creatures or Empty Husk as you put it can do all that they can do and for far longer than they.  The only downside is we may not be able to enjoy the pleasures of the flesh, but at the end that is only a weakness, we have shredded.  I would wager we'd still be able to bring new life into the world if we truly wished for a thing like that. Lift your head and your spirit Lord Zion, for you are not only your father and creature's life work and a walking Magical Marvel, but you are still more Human in ways than that of many I have come to see and meet. " His arms lowered once more, his left hand reached for the torn shirt at his chest as he ripped it from his frame showing the bare bones under it.  

"If your existence is a curse to you, then remove your faith from Solomon, allow me to show you the power that comes when you reject him and curse him.

Julius would feed magoi into the boots upon his feet, channeling the ruhk within it to open up and unleash parts of what he could do and become if he allowed himself to become a vessel of the ruhk within the Dark Metal Vessel. [color=red] "Strike, Zoran!"[color] He'd chant as the seal on his Dark Metal Vessel broke, Lightning coursed around his legs as the boots changed into the weapon equip version.  Lightning Danced around his lower body as he lifted his blade towards the tree line, the long speech had allowed him to pinpoint the man's location.  Julius would start running towards the jungle, his boots slapping the dirt as the trail of lightning followed behind him, he would aim to close the distance shortly.

DMV/Traits:

Magoi:250/410
Stamina 80/80

15Julius VS Zion Empty Re: Julius VS Zion 27/08/21, 01:07 pm

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

Awe mixed thoroughly with apprehension as Zion watched the bones of Julius animate themselves. It was unsettling enough to see the fragments remove themselves and begin floating around of their own accord. It was another level of discomfort to witness bone mold and shape itself into weaponry. Zion's right eye winced slightly as he felt a phantom scraping in his own bones that sent a shiver down his spine. The macabre magic that was at work in his opponent was fascinating as it was terrifying. Truly, the power of a dungeon and the beast transformations they offered was of a mastery that hinted at a bygone age of unprecedented magical knowledge. Watching the slaughter of the nightmares play out made Zion feel both longing at the idea of seeing such a world as well as dread for the possibility of having to fight these floating bone weapons should the fight be dragged into a melee.

Dilemma sprung forth within the young doll magician as he considered carefully the merit of keeping his rifle out or switching to something else that might be of more use to him if the two did come to physical blows. This calculation ran on the back burner as Zion payed courtesy to his opponent and listened to what words the skeleton had to share. Zion found it was not just Julius' perspective on the nature of using rukh to fight which was cynical. There was a distinct shade of cold examination that tinted much of Julius' views. Yet despite this scientific approach the skeletal lord still seemed to manage contradictions in the development of his philosophy.

Shaking his head, Zion gave a brief rebuttal. "Perhaps it is silly of me to fear the thoughts of others. I appreciate your encouragement. But I'm afraid we are of opposing ideologies after all. You yourself acknowledge that my life is gift of fate. Second chance though you call it, I remember nothing of a past life. I have no measure of reference to compare this life to, but I can't find it in my heart to curse that fate." His life may have had a great deal of misery and strife. Indeed, there were times at his lowest low when Julius' words might have swayed some darkness within his artificial heart. But even in this battle to the death he had found joy and wonder. Not to mention the bright lights he'd seen on his journey in the form of other people living life sincerely and earnestly.

"I do not know if it is naive or wise. But I choose to place my faith in the Will of Solomon which allowed me to be born into this world with a loving father and all the wonders it contains."

There was a bright smile on Zion's face and he felt himself fill up with confidence and comfort as white rukh danced around him joyously in response to his convictions. The smile was soon turned hard however as he took on a more serious expression in light of Julius' Djinn Equip. It was Zion's first time seeing such magic, but he had heard tale of the power Dungeon Conqueror's possessed. If rumor was to be believed then this was the power bestowed upon the one who attained the recognition of a djinn. This settled the back and forth within Zion's mind. The rifle would likely do him little to no good here moving forward. Magoi caused the Pyramid Pouch to light up as it once more was used to swap equipment. The Dream Infiltrator shrunk down and entered the necklace as a fast growing crystal blade emerged. Grasping the Amethyst Longsword in his right hand, Zion descended from the tree branch by stepping forward and allowed himself to fall to the earth.

Zion swung his left and right arms forward as he fell and Julius began to enter the range of a mere 5m away. The newly summoned blade smacked against the tip of his wand as magoi fed another Buzz spell which spread outwards as a shroud of green rukh. Simultaneously, magoi fed into the Oni shaped ring around his finger were burst forth with brilliant light. Zion was unsure if the skeleton could even be blinded, but he unleashed both these methods of disorientation at once in hopes to sabotage the enemy magician's approach. The moment his feet touched ground, Zion brandished his blade in front of himself defensively and leaped forward and to the left. This step being careful to avoid bumping into the nearby trees at the periphery of the jungle, would hopefully carry him out of the direct line of Julius' charge and place Zion in a position to soon flank the skeletal foe.

Magoi: 200/340

Spells:

Magic Tools:

16Julius VS Zion Empty Re: Julius VS Zion 09/09/21, 11:59 am

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

And the Skeleton Lord pushed onto the Living Doll, he felt a sickness come over him. He was confused he had not felt this type of feeling since he had changed into the Dungeon Beast he was today. He began to lose balance, and turn to face the ground in that same motion a blinding light met his eye sockets, causing him to lose sight. This was a learning process for sure, he had no idea he was able to feel sickness like this or even become blinded with his magical sight. His boned body slammed into the ground as he tumbled forward but quickly got up to his feet, however, it was more of moving his bones upwards together slightly separating as he did so than standing. As this time had passed Zion had shifted his position but it did not matter, Julius would pop his head off and spend it around while lifting his right foot as he fed more magoi into the boots, when the foot met the ground in a stomp he released the spell Pusle The electromagnetic pulse pushing out in all directions for 25 meters, giving it a total width of 50 meters. The magnetism of his Dark Metal Vessel was at hand here as everything from half a meter out to that 50-meter mark that was metal would soon be feeling the effects of the spell as it traveled through the ground, all-metal objects would feel heavy, being pulled to the metal within the earth.

He still couldn't see so he lowered his head back onto his neck, his balance felt way off and in a last-ditch effort to keep Zion from taking advantage his left leg would now mimick his right lifting from the ground performing a stomp, this too sending out a lighting spell called shock. Magoi channeled through his boot as the rather basic name spell would be cast, in that same 50-meter distance the ground would now arc lighting off of it, the electric wave dealing B tier damage to those caught up in its wake. It would be all he could do while being unable to see or unable to cast his normal magic. He could only hope it would be enough. He'd of course sustain his DMV.

Magoi 185/410
Stamina 80/80
spells:

17Julius VS Zion Empty Re: Julius VS Zion 11/09/21, 01:57 pm

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

Success in debilitating the fiendish foe brought a fleeting rush of excitement to Zion. It was impossible to know the extent of just how effective his spells had been, but the sight of Julius crashing into the ground suggested they struck true. Alas, even as Zion touched down landing seven meters away it could be seen that the Skeleton Lord was already re-organizing his bone body back to its feet. Zion would take this opportunity to act with a swipe of his wand which released a plume of orange rukh suffused with magoi into the air. The spell spread out with Julius at its center forming a dome around the pair which suddenly became awash in darkness. The illusion cut out all outside light leaving the space within its confines pitch black save for a single spot light which was shining down directly onto Julius leaving his boney figure the only thing illuminated.

Hidden by darkness, Zion prepared to cast his next spell when his opponent suddenly stomped the ground. For a moment the Storm Kitsune thought this an act of frustration, but the subsequent wave of rukh spelled otherwise. In a flash the magician found himself being pulled down towards the earth at a number of points. The golden chain around his neck and golden ring at his finger. The metal bracer around his arm. Most of all, the heavy longsword in his hand which tilted forward and buried its tip into the soil. Zion was forced to his knees under this burden and went wide eyed with shock as he witnessed Julius raise his other foot. Magoi flowed from Zion's hand into the sword beckoning forth a wave of crystal which propagated across his body forming an amethyst armor just in time to protect himself from the powerful lightning curtain that swept out from Julius.

Crystalline armor held firm despite a tingling static that ran chills down Zion's spine. But the defenses were spent after taking the violent surge of electricity and shattered into pieces, falling away from Zion in countless fragments. The snow haired magician knew the sounds would give his position away even in the darkness, but he was still weighed down by the previous spell. His finger tilted downwards allowing the ring to be pulled from his hand and released the sword to reach back and undo the necklace. A pair of dull thuds sounded as both golden magic tools fell to the ground. This left only the arm brace weighing heavy on Zion's arm which he supported using the power of flight, currents of wind blowing fiercely to fight against the downward pulling force.

Silvery white hair billowed wild in the wind and loose robes fluttered in kind as Zion's nine tails danced behind him. Aware that the noise made his darkness far less useful, Zion decided to make use of it in a different way and brushed his thumb across his wand touching it as magoi formed a pair of perfect physical replication of himself which emerged into the pitch black domain standing at either side of the young magician. No powerful winds surged around these doubles as they split up. Zion stood his ground, a conspicuous noisy shadow in the dark. Meanwhile, his clones held their tongues and flew through the air careful not to brush the ground.

"It is unlikely either of us has the magoi to keep this up much longer. Shall we bring things to a close, Lord Julius?"

Zion's voice cut through the miasmic shade, his sentence punctuated by action as the two clones sped towards Julius in a pincer attack with hands baring sharp claw-like nails. One Zion clone struck out aiming for Julius' head whilst the other sought to strike the plaguewalker's boots. Each blow timed to land simultaneously so as to send their target into a sideways spin head over heels. Meanwhile, Zion swept one of his tails towards Julius unleashing a ring of static charged wind which sped forward to arrive just after the clones had. This ring would move to surround Julius threatening to encase him in a mandorla of storm magic. Ideally, the clones attack would impact Julius into one of the mandorla walls allowing the spell to maximize the damage it was capable of inflicting.

-

Magoi: 110/340
spells:

Magic Weapon:

Racial Trait:

18Julius VS Zion Empty Re: Julius VS Zion 17/09/21, 03:12 pm

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

All around him was still dark, though now a small amount of light was starting to break through as his sickness went away and he was able to retain himself. Both his attacks had gone off without fail, though something was different about this darkness than the one he had before. "Lightning consumes me, Arcs pass through me, Vaults electrocuting,  Magnetism protruding, Strike Zoran!" At the end of this sentence, lighting consumed the bones fully, son his entire body was covered in black armor which had tracings of lightning all around it.  It seemed fitting that the two were both Magicians, Dungeon Beast, and found of Lightning Magic. Julius would dare say if terms were different the pair could have been the best of friends.  Though another reason to hate Fate, things could have been so different for the both of them, but sadly it was coming to this.  

When he was chanting he heard the shatter, like something had broken he was not sure what was accruing. Was this a spell? Did Zion have something metal on his person that shattered like this once it hit the ground?  He had heard a few thuds from items hitting the ground before this, so this had to be where the Magician was. With haste he acted, his body now hovering off the ground thank to his Full Equip, he was one step closer to becoming Zoran. It would then be felt, the powerful winds of the flight spell, they came from the same location as the shattering and thuds sealing in the idea within his mind that the Magician was indeed in that spot, it was time to gamble and the price was his life. Julius Cast his Extreme Magic, Zoran's Wraith. A fitting name if he had to admit, simple yet fitting for this spell. Magnetic waves push out from the user as lightning strikes down all around him. Supercharging all metal in the area around his body, the armor, his sword, the metallic minerals in the ground, Zion's gear, all the metal. With this enhanced Magnetic field, his speed, and his flight. Lifting his sword to his chin he entered the Dragonfly stance, Julius made a push-off motion kicking off the ground he was hovering over, his body vanished only those who could see him would see the black lightning traveling through the air, Julius moved just behind where he thought the sound had come from, surely a clear enough path must have remained in the 7 meters between them for Zion to be able to cast three spells without fail on him.    As his body pushed past Zion's he performed the Jigen-ryu Strike, though it would be hard to say if he would by this time run into a clone, or if his movements were so fast he had to reach Zion before the spell could be cast.

These actions would prevent the storm magic from coming out, Zion wouldn't get to say his final words, and Julius would be left on the brink of near-death due to the cost of magic, though even if Zion survived this attack Julius had one last plan in mind something he theorized he could survive, though he was sure Zion would not.

Magoi:45/410
Stamina: 70/80

Spells:

Weapon:

19Julius VS Zion Empty Re: Julius VS Zion 19/09/21, 04:52 am

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

Zion had only just cast his spell to summon forth perfect illusion clones when his opponent executed a transformation unlike anything the young magician had ever seen. The intense concentration of magoi which blanketed Julius condensed itself into physical form. Black armor befitting a dark lord embraced the skeletal foe and lightning rukh danced mad beneath the lich king's boots forming some sort of magnetic levitation. The imposing shock and awe of the djinn's power being made manifest put a halt on Zion's intent to send the two clones off for a pincer attack. They stayed by his side not out of concern for defense, but because they froze in the face of power overwhelming.

A single heart beat was not enough time to describe the panic in Zion as his clones moved to assist him in fleeing. One shoved him from the left side with a shoulder check as the other pulled at his right arm to drag him aside. A flash of time passed and light crackled through the darkness unable to be suppressed by Zion's illusion. Suddenly the magician's left arm experienced a jolt of pain as it was severed from the elbow down. The clones vanished into specks of light with the skeletal lord's advent and blood sprayed into the open air. Zion's expression twisted with agony but he grit his teeth and forced his eyes to stay open wide. He had been lucky Julius could only locate him by sound and thus could not aim with true accuracy

Magoi channeled through the magician's severed arm from its reservoir and into the wand as it spun through the air. This sustained Zion's illusion keeping himself shrouded in darkness, though Julius would remain lit up by the lightning his magic produced. Magnetic forces acted on the water in Zion's body binding him and his arm from moving as they each started raising off the ground. More magoi poured forth from Zion's body and arm feeding several different spells at once or in swift succession in a feat that pushed Zion's mastery over magoi to its limits.

The Angel's Brace shown with holy light as its healing spell staunched the bleeding of his stubbed bicep. The wound was not healed fully by this and still dripped with blood but much of the damage had been mended leaving it only half as bad as it had been. At the same time, magoi fed a flight spell on Zion's severed arm allowing it the force to break free of its magnetic bindings and point itself towards Julius. This was not enough however, Zion decisively released the storm gifted flight on the arm brace and focused its full might behind that floating arm launching it towards Julius from an unexpected angle. A spin was put on the arm as it fed the Magoi Sword with power and sped forth unleashing a blade of magoi which formed a circular saw of danger spinning horizontally towards Julius' neck.

The blade carried with it the effects of magoi manipulation, was propelled by two A-tier sources of force, and struck with the element of surprise. But this gambit would cost Zion his arm brace as it was pulled from his arm the moment his winds of flight were entrusted to his separated limb. This left Zion helplessly floating in mid air as he gambled on this counter attack while his main body struggled to move even so much as a finger. Like a cornered fox, Zion was lashing out with everything he could.

Magoi: 70/340

Spells:

Traits:

Magic Tools:

Notes:

20Julius VS Zion Empty Re: Julius VS Zion 07/10/21, 03:28 pm

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

He felt his blade make contact as he stepped past the intended target area, things had gone to plan mostly. He could not see much it was pitch black aside from the light shining down on him, but his attack had only disarmed Zion and literally. Blood spilled into the air but was held in place by the effects of his Extreme Magic, but the Lightning Dungeon beast Puppet had gotten away with his life for now anyway.  When the fading of the clone accused their speckles of light gave enough light for him to understand Zion was not immediately next to him, a bright light would then come from his right side, as he followed the light with his magic vision he saw the little glowing ruhk there, gathering in on spot, this had to be where Zion was located. As the light started to diminish he saw it, the arm he cut off floating there, the Magician he faced only about one meter away. Then came the thud as the bracelet slid off Zion's arm, Julius kicked from the ground still hovering as he moved towards Zion, with the magic tools light all but gone it was back to no vision outside of what the glow of his lightning and the light shining down onto would show, which was not much.  Still, he had seen enough to get a clear sight picture burning the spot Zion was into his mind.  Lifting his sword to his cheek as he took his step, Julius prepared to close this battle out once more, and hoped for the last time.

With the Passive effect of his Djinn, Zoran's step carried him towards Zion the trail following him once more, though he could not see the attack coming he charged forward as the black lightning started to cover him as he started to move instantly towards Zion, what he rushed into was nothing more than a Magoi Blade, it met his Lightning Armor sticking it down as the two met ending the effects of his extreme Magic.  If it had more magoi fed into it, it could have disrupted the flow of his Magoi and reverted Julius into Sealed Form, however it had only been given enough magoi for a single attack.  Had it been enough, it maybe could have destroyed his head too but sadly for Zion, it only popped his lightning armor which would be more effective versus other things like magic and physical attacks, not Magoi since it was magic in nature.  He only hoped he could reach the Lightning Fox-like creature in time to finish this before the effects of his Field wore off.

As he reached the spot where he had seen Zion floating. Sustaining his Jigen-Ryu Strike, Julius swung down where he had last seen Zion, Scaling the Attack up to A tier as he put more effort than usual into the swing making his intent with his strike purposeful and ensuring his win if he was able to land this blow.  After he traveled the short distance and finished his strike, his Djinn Equip would break down fading back into the sealed state.   At this point, the Skeletal Lord was exhausted and had little stamina, and Magoi left, both tanks about the same amount left in them. If this was not the end to the battle he had only one other option in a last-ditch effort to ensure he would live through this.  Thought at this point, he was not sure he could even pull that off.  

Magoi:25/430
Stamina: 35/80

Spells:

Weapon:

notes:

21Julius VS Zion Empty Re: Julius VS Zion 13/10/21, 04:12 pm

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

The light of hope burned brightly in Zion's eyes even as he witnessed his handy ambush fail to end the battle. The strike was too shallow, lacked magoi. He had been naïve. But it had bought him time. As the disembodied hand and skeletal lord clashed, the magnetic binding that held Zion suspended 5m off the ground was released. At the same time, Zion's own illusion of darkness faded and the light of the afternoon sun once more shone down on the combatants. The living doll fell briefly before catching himself with storm winds. The powerful gusts pushed Zion up and away from Julius in a diagonal retreat. Meanwhile the severed hand surged after its skeletal target in flight with glowing Magoi Blade in hand.

Strength magic and storm based flights worked together in an attempted to attack Julius from behind. The disembodied hand held the hopes of Zion's victory. He would not repeat the same mistake as last time and roared as he poured a massive amount of magoi into his wand enough to power the blade four times over! The once calm and serene blade of light became brighter and its surface surged into a swirling aura. Its size swelled briefly before condensing back into its original shape as a more potent blade of magoi. This passionate blade was Zion's answer to Julius' rejection of fate! But fate did not smile upon Zion that day.

Zion had hardly let out his roar when the devilish speed of Julius' djinn equip had already brought the Skeletal Lord's blade down upon the young puppet boy's neck. Flesh and bone gave way to the katana allowing for a terrible rend to be carved out of Zion's chest. In that moment as Zion felt his body being crushed his agonized face managed to stare Julius in his empty sockets where the beings gaze seemed to naturally be found. Blood already filled the youth's mouth and burst from his lips in place of words. Instead his eyes spoke the frustration and regret he felt betraying the mask of a weak smile. The blade passed through severing all in its path.

Zion's head and shoulder fell away from the rest of his body and his eyes welled up in tears. His dying mind held on to life and struggled for survival even in such a state, but his control of magoi had already come to a permeant end. The flying magoi blade flicked and sputtered out leaving only a harmless limp hand to soar past Julius' head on a trajectory to land unceremoniously in the distance. However the result of his attack was not the focus of his mind's lingering thoughts. Instead he was facing his regret and searching for acceptance.

"Ah...father...did I achieve greatness? Probably not..." The head landed on the ground with a splat and thinking became impossible. His vision blurred. Dimmed. Turned to black. His mind silent. The boy's rukh left his body and returned to the great flow. Golden birds of light flocked skyward and as they met once more with the great tapestry of fate the faintest figures could be seen forming between the rukh. One of a small child running eagerly into the embrace of a man. They walked back together hand in hand to march forward along with the rest of the myriad souls that call this world of magic home.

Magoi: 30/340

Spells:

Magic Tools:

Traits:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum