Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

Malevolent Marionette
Tier: A
Class: Magician [Nightmare]
Type: Offensive
Range: Long
Requirements/Drawbacks: The nightmare will disperse if the caster is rendered unconscious for a full post or longer. The nightmare must be summoned from the caster's own body and not at a distance. The nightmare is incapable of complex decision making and must be ordered if it is to act in any capacity other than defending the caster from threats.
Scaling: Duration
Sustain: 0
Cool Down: 4
Cost: 40 | 20
Description:

Using nightmare magic, Zion pulls forth a figure from his own nightmares. Upon casting the spell, Zion must touch his staff/wand before a black mist pours from the magic medium and manifests next to the caster. The resulting construct is a shadowy figure standing five meters tall with sharp claws and long fangs capable of dealing A-tier damage. The creature of darkness vaguely resembles a monstrous version of Zion. The nightmare will seek out nearby threats to the caster and lash out at them with its powerful claws or it will obey the commands of the caster. The nightmare can persist for up to four posts before it must be sustained or unless scaled.

Phantom Arms
Tier: A-tier
Class: Magician [Perfect Illusion]
Range: Medium
Requirements/Drawbacks: If the summoned weapon leaves or is forced out of the 20m range it will vanish. The weapons are capable of harming the caster should they not be careful. If the core weapon is destroyed or dispelled by any means, the phantom copy will also vanish.
Scaling: Amount
Cool Down: 3
Cost: 30 | 15
Description:

Upon cast the spell a weapon not exceeding 3m in any dimension will be manifested within a 20m radius of the caster. The weapon can take on almost any form and possesses B-tier offensive and defensive power. A phantom copy of the weapon with D-tier item durability covers the weapon initially and can be controlled to separate into its own separate weapon. These ghostly weapons are nigh transparent, discernable only by a silvery mist-like outline. The weapons are capable of dealing B-tier damage and will persist for three post before needing to be sustained.

Solar Lance
Tier: B
Class: Magician [Pierce]
Range: Long
Requirements/Drawbacks: The user must aim the spell with their wand is incapable of altering its target once fired. The tracking of the spell is unable to discern between obstacles and allies making it relatively easy for fast enough opponents to guide them into striking unintended targets. The piercing effect does not work on defenses based on strength magic. The caster must remain focused on the target for the spell to track the target. Being inflicted with damage or disorientation will break the caster's focus.
Scaling: Amount
Cool Down: 3
Cost: 30 | 15
Description:

The caster aims their wand/staff and a golden beam shrouded in black tint is unleashed at a target. Once the target has been set, the beam will travel towards it at high speed and track their movements. Movement abilities/traits at or above B-tier can match or outrun this ability but it will continue to follow them until it strikes something. The beam itself is only 10cm in diameter and deals B-tier damage on impact. If it clashes with a defensive ability the pierce magic will penetrate the defense even if it is of equal tier, albeit with half damage. The beam can chase a target for a total of three posts up to 100m total before dissipating on its own.

Kitsune Claws
Tier: D
Class: Body Manipulator
Range: Close
Requirements/Drawbacks: If the user's nails are already bound by something equal to or greater than this ability it will fail to activate. If a nail is broken in a clash it is unable to be used again for this ability for the remainder of the thread.
Scaling: Damage
Cool Down: 1
Cost: 10 | 5
Description:

Veins bulge around one of the user's hands as the nails on their fingers grow into sharp claws. The nails increase in length by 5cm and will grow an additional 5cm for every damage scaling applied to the ability capping out at A-tier. The claws deal D-tier damage in the base form of the ability.

Flowing Locks
Tier: C
Class: Body Manipulator
Type: Supplementary
Range: Medium
Requirements/Drawbacks: The hair is ineffective against water, ice, and heat based targets. Enemy spells that require contact with a target can use the extended hair to affect the caster. The ability is unable to be scaled if the hair is not free to twist itself into braids.
Scaling: Strength
Cool Down: 2
Cost: 20 | 10
Description:

The user causes their hair/fur to rapidly grow up to a maximum 50m in length. The extra grown hair can be controlled by the user to spread out, wrap around targets, or otherwise act as an extra limb under the user's control. The hair has C-tier item durability and can be scaled by causing the hair to braid itself into thicker strands.

Last edited by Zion on 20/01/22, 10:11 am; edited 3 times in total

2Zion New Abilities Empty Re: Zion New Abilities 10/01/22, 08:17 am

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

Do you own these magic types Nightmare and Perfect Illusion and Pierce?

3Zion New Abilities Empty Re: Zion New Abilities 11/01/22, 07:09 pm

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

Solar Lance: Please list how far it can track away from the user.
Kitsune Claws: Explain how the length of the claws equals greater damage.

4Zion New Abilities Empty Re: Zion New Abilities 11/01/22, 10:55 pm

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

Set Solar Lance to 100m, the lowest long range possible.

Kitsune claws grow because 5cm is so small that even if they could do A tier damage there is no way the claws could ever penetrate deep enough to actually do significant harm to anyone except for a few vital points like the eyes. There are plenty of approved abilities out there with dimensions "up to" a certain amount meaning they can be smaller or larger as the user decides. I am just locking in the length based on my damage scaling which is an unnecessary extra limitation. Even at A tier damage and a total growth of 20cm the claws get nowhere close to the kind of growth I would be able to get if that is what I wanted my scaling to cover so this should not be an issue.

5Zion New Abilities Empty Re: Zion New Abilities 15/01/22, 07:27 pm

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

I'm giving this 1/2 I think the claws are a fair explanation since it does follow in line with how damage is listed in tiers in terms of cut deepness. I do wanna point out for Solar lance while I'm fine with the length spells for magicians should generally only get to the 100m or plus at B or A when it has conditions or fair reason I do think that this is good.

6Zion New Abilities Empty Re: Zion New Abilities 20/01/22, 01:54 am

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Malevolent Marionette: I have no problem with the spell per say. The wording is off for the last sentence "The nightmare can persist for up to four posts before it must be sustained or scaled." Now, it seems a little loopy here because the wording can interpret it as lasting four turns before even scaling the spell. Nothing should really loop out of the spell, once you stop sustaining, the ability hits cooldown. Once it hits cooldown, you can't scale it during that time. So I'd like you to be more clear on that, please. Frankly, if you said that it lasted four-post after sustain until it's destroyed, you are still getting what you want to some degree. All that really does is allow you to continue to sustain and get ur scales off before you're no longer directly supporting it through your magic via maintenance.

Phantom Arms: After your sustains and scales, it should last for an additional 3 posts until it's destroyed. Same take from what I said above. For phantom arms, it should translate to Ability Tier mental damage. The brain is convinced of the damage to the body, but the body itself should not reflect such things.

Solar Lance: Justification, there was a lacking of justification as to "Why" pierce magic is able to track. But I took the liberty of doing some research. Pierce magic is basically photons, the main purpose of piercing magic is the same relationship that gravity has with dirt and other debris. Alright, humor me a little. Pierce magic " creates a bond that covers the light being manipulated by the user", humans in general (assuming people are mainly the targets) naturally emit "visible light". So at the very least, from a justification standpoint, you can say that you are creating a bond with the "visible light" the target gives off so that the photon can track it. That way, we can give a reason why the ability tracks with a reasonable explanation without saying it just does.

Kitsune Claws: Approved.

Flowing Locks: Abilities only have offensive power. I'm assuming this gives your hair C-tier item defensive durability. If so, please make the appropriate edits.

7Zion New Abilities Empty Re: Zion New Abilities 20/01/22, 10:23 am

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

Malevolent Marionette - Fixed the wording to specify it lasts that long unless it was scaled.

Phantom Arms - It already has the proper wording for sustains as it does not have duration scaling and does not mention it. I think you accidentally misread the previous ability again.

As for mental damage, I think you misunderstand what perfect illusion magic does. It makes actual physical constructs, not just mental illusions in the opponent's mind.

Solar Lance - Pierce magic is an existing combination type that Zadi made. I think you are overthinking the science of it, its just beams of light shrouded in strength magic to give them physical impact and prevent them from being reflected by mirrors or crystal magic.

As for how they track, it is done the same way any fire ball or ice spike spell can be made to track a target. I added in that the magician must maintain focus on the target for the tracking effect to work however and that being damaged or disorientated will cause the spell to lose its tracking.

Flowing Locks - I actually meant ability durability, but since you seem to suggest that item durability is acceptable I have happily made the suggested edit.

8Zion New Abilities Empty Re: Zion New Abilities 20/01/22, 10:56 am

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

2/2 approved

9Zion New Abilities Empty Re: Zion New Abilities 20/01/22, 11:03 am

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

10Zion New Abilities Empty Re: Zion New Abilities 21/01/22, 09:47 pm

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Approved
Code:
[center][b]Malevolent Marionette[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] A
[b]Class:[/b] Magician [Nightmare]
[b]Type:[/b] Offensive
[b]Range:[/b] Long
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] The nightmare will disperse if the caster is rendered unconscious for a full post or longer. The nightmare must be summoned from the caster's own body and not at a distance. The nightmare is incapable of complex decision making and must be ordered if it is to act in any capacity other than defending the caster from threats.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Duration
[b]Sustain:[/b] 0
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 4
[b]Cost:[/b] 40 | 20
[b]Description:[/b]
[list]
Using nightmare magic, Zion pulls forth a figure from his own nightmares. Upon casting the spell, Zion must touch his staff/wand before a black mist pours from the magic medium and manifests next to the caster. The resulting construct is a shadowy figure standing five meters tall with sharp claws and long fangs capable of dealing A-tier damage. The creature of darkness vaguely resembles a monstrous version of Zion. The nightmare will seek out nearby threats to the caster and lash out at them with its powerful claws or it will obey the commands of the caster. The nightmare can persist for up to four posts before it must be sustained or unless scaled.[/list]

[center][b]Phantom Arms[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] A-tier
[b]Class:[/b] Magician [Perfect Illusion]
[b]Range:[/b] Medium
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] If the summoned weapon leaves or is forced out of the 20m range it will vanish. The weapons are capable of harming the caster should they not be careful. If the core weapon is destroyed or dispelled by any means, the phantom copy will also vanish.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Amount
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 3
[b]Cost:[/b] 30 | 15
[list]
Upon cast the spell a weapon not exceeding 3m in any dimension will be manifested within a 20m radius of the caster. The weapon can take on almost any form and possesses B-tier offensive and defensive power. A phantom copy of the weapon with D-tier item durability covers the weapon initially and can be controlled to separate into its own separate weapon. These ghostly weapons are nigh transparent, discernable only by a silvery mist-like outline. The weapons are capable of dealing B-tier damage and will persist for three post before needing to be sustained.[/list]

[center][b]Solar Lance[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] B
[b]Class:[/b] Magician [Pierce]
[b]Range:[/b] Long
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] The user must aim the spell with their wand is incapable of altering its target once fired. The tracking of the spell is unable to discern between obstacles and allies making it relatively easy for fast enough opponents to guide them into striking unintended targets. The piercing effect does not work on defenses based on strength magic. The caster must remain focused on the target for the spell to track the target. Being inflicted with damage or disorientation will break the caster's focus.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Amount
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 3
[b]Cost:[/b] 30 | 15
[list]
The caster aims their wand/staff and a golden beam shrouded in black tint is unleashed at a target. Once the target has been set, the beam will travel towards it at high speed and track their movements. Movement abilities/traits at or above B-tier can match or outrun this ability but it will continue to follow them until it strikes something. The beam itself is only 10cm in diameter and deals B-tier damage on impact. If it clashes with a defensive ability the pierce magic will penetrate the defense even if it is of equal tier, albeit with half damage. The beam can chase a target for a total of three posts up to 100m total before dissipating on its own.[/list]

[center][b]Kitsune Claws[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] D
[b]Class:[/b] Body Manipulator
[b]Range:[/b] Close
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] If the user's nails are already bound by something equal to or greater than this ability it will fail to activate. If a nail is broken in a clash it is unable to be used again for this ability for the remainder of the thread.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Damage
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 1
[b]Cost:[/b] 10 | 5
[list]
Veins bulge around one of the user's hands as the nails on their fingers grow into sharp claws. The nails increase in length by 5cm and will grow an additional 5cm for every damage scaling applied to the ability capping out at A-tier. The claws deal D-tier damage in the base form of the ability. [/list]

[center][b]Flowing Locks[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] C
[b]Class:[/b] Body Manipulator
[b]Type:[/b] Supplementary
[b]Range:[/b] Medium
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] The hair is ineffective against water, ice, and heat based targets. Enemy spells that require contact with a target can use the extended hair to affect the caster. The ability is unable to be scaled if the hair is not free to twist itself into braids.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Strength
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 2
[b]Cost:[/b] 20 | 10
[list]
The user causes their hair/fur to rapidly grow up to a maximum 50m in length. The extra grown hair can be controlled by the user to spread out, wrap around targets, or otherwise act as an extra limb under the user's control. The hair has C-tier item durability and can be scaled by causing the hair to braid itself into thicker strands.[/list]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum