Bandit Clearing [Job]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bandit Clearing [Job] Empty Bandit Clearing [Job] 30/03/21, 07:42 pm

Ani

Ani
A-Tier
A-Tier

Job Details:

Over the last few weeks Ani had been building up her settlement, but with things reaching a natural halt at the moment with some weather sticking around that made it harder to build. However, this did not mean that Ani was going to be sitting about idly while waiting for the opportunity to present itself. Instead, the woman had chosen to continue her goals on other fronts, after all, she was still a mercenary and needed to earn money and build alliances. With a letter containing a plea for her to come to Kou to take care of some leftover bandits from the war, she felt almost obligated to come. It was money, but the Kou war was where Ani had earned her prominence as a general and then eventually won her djinn.  The job felt like it was almost comical in how it made her revisit her origins in the career as she got closer and closer to her peak.

The path from the mountains was one she knew well by now, whether it was flying or riding the feel and smell of the lands of Kou had started to become familiar like the back of her hand. It might've been the years of exploring the lands, or maybe it was her experiences as a traveler that had imprinted the layout onto her brain. It was her own little pilgrimage, she went alone, with just Dragotsennyy and her lance by her side it was like a warrior errant on her trail once again.

"Lately I haven't been alone, have I girl?" Ani spoke to her beast with her hand running along the top of the beast's head as it let out a soft coo. "Your father, Hoyo, and I used to do this all over the world, I never thought I'd have a family or people of my own."

It was a simple thought but it had much impact on the woman, she had left Imuchakk from a young age due to her convictions and her thoughts had changed somewhat, but she wouldn't have changed the choices she needed to make the mistakes she had and she needed to sacrifice all that she had. It wasn't fate, it was her decisions, she might not have made them and in some other life she might not have, however, it all happened or could it was all her and she had come to peace with that. On the road she found herself smiling in the placid mood she had found.

"Life's found pleasures often sneak upon us and we don't realize the happiness we've found till we're long lost in it," Ani spoke to herself, had she started to become more poetic or did life simple breath muse into the woman's words.

It wasn't much longer until Ani had arrived at the location she was supposed to go to, the sounds of cries nearby had alerted her that she was in the right area. With a quick, sharp whistle she gave her beast a command and quickly began to bound towards the direction of the bandits. It was always good to be cautious and as the Azure Amazon pulled out her lance she leaned forward and thought of her vessel as the bell rang in her ears.

"C'mon, gold or your life it's an easy bargain." One of the thugs said as he was threatening a family they had stopped, their guards dead by their side. "You see we'll take it anyway, so why not make it easy for all of us and just strip it all off now."

"It's a bit rude to ask people to get nude before you even get them dinner first." The voice of the blind woman caught them by surprise as she had appeared behind them atop her beast. "Let this mother teach you some manners."

"Wha- I don't know who you think ya are lady, but we'll take all you got to." He was surprised and somewhat intimidated by the wyvern, but he was still quick to command his men to fight the woman. "We'll cut you up good for nudgin' in on our turf."

The words meant nothing to the woman, but she watched as they would charge her nonetheless.  All of them rushed her attempting to hit her with double trouble as they swung with both of their blades at the woman. Ani dodged their attacks as she jumped off her wyvern and Dragot suddenly took to the air. It was then that she would jump around them making motions with her hands for them to attack her. With her egging them on she knew that it wouldn't be long for one of them to get cocky, especially if they noticed her blindness.

Ani was in luck as soon enough another one came in for an attack with their dancing bird technique as they lunged towards Ani attempting to cut her, but she would once again dodge, this time feinting an attack before jumping over them. They were surprised watching as she would grab him by the head using her imuchakk strength to press down and crush his head within her hands.

With one of them down the woman quickly turned on her heel to swing and drive her foot into the head of another, watching as their blood painted the soil like it was avant-garde. Then before another could attack her she rolled into another kick and with more force knocked the head off the next guard.

"Well, I think it's time to finish this." Ani would jump back and let out a loud whistle as soon enough Dragot would come swooping down from the sky. Once the Wyvern had landed it started to run towards the remaining two and their leader as they would use their coward's defense to leap back, but the beast was too fast. Soon enough she was upon them and growled before Ani spoke again. "Dragot, feeding time."

At that moment the dragon queen suddenly hissed and jumped forward using her talons to reave through them and once they were knocked down she slashed their ankles. With their bodies wriggling around in pain Ani would leap into the air one final time into a front flip as she gathered all her momentum. As rainbow aura coated her frame she soon enough let it wash over the man as she brought her heel down upon the leader's head. The sound of his skull cracked like thunder as in a blaring explosion of skull, blood, and flesh.

With the last of them, dead Ani would turn and walk over to the family, she couldn't see them but she could tell they were a bit scared. Their forms seemed to pull away a bit and they could even be heard sobbing under their breath. It made the woman pause for a moment as she would take a deep breath before deciding to address them.

"Look, I know that must've been scary, but it was necessary." Her words seemed a bit cold, and even harsh but they sat there listening as she spoke. "It's not that I take joy in it, but I've learned that while there are those who learn and grow some people cannot be redeemed and you have to stop them before they keep coming back and causing issues."

"I-i think I get it." One of the younger members of the family spoke, it sounded like a teenage girl and her voice broke as if it wasn't the first time she had to deal with bad men and think about the consequences of their actions. "Y-you are scary, but thank you-u"

Despite their words and their fear, Ani respected the family and the girl for holding their ground even though they knew it would mean death, foolish, but respectful. After a moment of thinking, she suddenly pulled out a little spear-pin seemingly made from Shadow glass. Holding it out she would give it to the girl that had spoken to her and thanked her, once it was out of Ani's hand she would step back and climb onto Dragotsennyy's back.

"Should you ever feel like gaining strength, or if your family is looking for a place safer than Kou go towards the Jade Dragon Mountains and follow the signs that lead towards a settlement hidden within the mountain valley." Her words were an invitation, but it was also a challenge as not every person could easily make it there, but if they could they were worthy. "Can't wait to see ya."

In a sudden loud whistle, Ani would feel herself be removed from the area at a rapid speed. The people below her and anyone who was looking towards the sky would see as she was suddenly wrapped in rainbow light that trailed behind her as wings that painted the sky in iridescent light. While below the teenage girl would hold the pin and look up at the sky as if she had just seen her future fly away. It might've been unknown to them both at this time, but this was a moment that would change that young girl's life forever.

"Another day, another job, where to next girl?" She asked her beast as it simply cooed and suddenly burst off into the sunset.

Combat Details: Defeated all six with A-tier damage from Ani's strength or her beasts teeth and talons

Items brought:

WC: 1,556/1,500

Magoi: 240/240
Stamina: 395/395

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum