You are not connected. Please login or register

Stop and Smell the Cherry Blossoms [Social]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sakura

Sakura
D-Tier
D-Tier

Living in Kina had its downsides. Being abducted as a child and experimented on for most of one’s life was a great example of a downside, if Sakura had to name one. But if one ignored the horrible people that lived within the country’s bounds, Kinda held an abundance of beauty that was positively breathtaking. One such beauty was the flora, cherry blossoms being Sakura’s favorites in particular.

She had named herself after the flower, out of all the names in the world she could’ve chosen, so it was probably no surprise to anyone that she favored them. Their smell brought her comfort and they were calming to look at, she could spend hours walking among them, gently plucking flowers from blossoms to smooth between her fingers as she walked. It was an activity she often took to when she needed to think.

And as she walked through the garden of blossoms, she was definitely thinking. About how to get her revenge on her torturers, about how to bring the Morihana clan to its knees, how she could raze the entirety of the regime that made so many suffer to the ground. But she couldn’t do that here or now, she wasn’t strong enough and she couldn’t get stronger trapped here. She needed to leave “The only relevant question is how…” She spoke softly to herself, bringing a flower up so she could inhale deeply of the scent.

WC: 240 | @Lagi

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Even though Lagi was working with the Kogata clan most of the time, this was one of those periods where he had a lot of downtime to himself. The group mostly split apart until it was something there for them to do together, but it didn't mean that everyone had a bad relationship with each other. It was the exact opposite. Everyone in the team was close with each other, they just all had their ways in how to spend their time.

In Lagi's case, he liked to go around and talk to the dungeon beasts from the morihana clan, or with a loose connection with them.  Even though he was a dungeon beast himself, he hasn't lived as long for a very long time. At the very least, gaining a wider perspective about them was supposed to help him as a ruler of a city filled with them. That was the intent anyway with Lagi's meddling, and in time, he came across a woman that had a different smell than usual.  Even if all humans differ from one another, they all had the same kind of smell.  However, this person had a different kind of smell from what he picked up with his danger sense, and Lagi decided to take a chance on them.

"Hey! "

Landing right next to them with his C-tier flight, Lagi would briefly interrupt their stroll.

"You're a dungeon beast...right?"

Used
Spoiler:

Sakura

Sakura
D-Tier
D-Tier

Sakura felt the individual coming close to her before she saw them. She sensed the displacement in the air currents surrounding her, thanks to her horns. It was interesting because they weren’t walking towards her, but flying down to her. It wasn’t often she met someone capable of flight, even within the Morihana’s experiments. But when he came into sight, Sakura’s face immediately fell flat with distaste.

A man, she thought with sarcastic venom, how lovely.

She looked him up and down slowly, sizing him up as though a beast on display at an auction. She seemed to measure the worth of his very soul with a single look, and by the way she stepped past him and continued walking, found him wanting. She wouldn’t completely ignore him, however, speaking back towards him in a voice that was warm, a stark contrast with the look she’d given him seconds prior “I believe that’s the word for it. I have only ever been told I am an Oni, so I go with that.”

He might be a man, but she was interested in how he could fly. She was also interested in what he knew of those like her, more particularly unlocking their powers “What of you? People don’t just go around flying, not even here in Kina. What brand of blood courses through your veins?”

WC: 465 | @Lagi

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Did she hear him? Lagi was wondering that a bit as he continued to float behind with his C-tier flight spell. He was mostly trying to get more information about how the dungeon beasts were living in the country and how they were being treated, but he didn't want her to be afraid to talk to him or think he was judgmental.

"An oni? I got to say, this is the first time that I've seen one. I think it matches the style of dungeon beasts that I expected to see about the culture of the country. But still, I don't underestimate you at all there is a reason why dungeon beasts are considered as Solomon's chosen people, most existences are locked away in dungeons."

As for Lagi's identity, it was a little more complicated. He had no reason not to tell her, he wanted to build trust with the local dungeon beasts and this Oni would be the first. At the very least, he would have hoped to be able to do that, it becomes more difficult as he continued to work for the kogata clan and bring about the ire of the other clans.

" To be put simply, I'm considered as the king of the vampires. Flight and draining blood is natural to me, and this isn't even my final form ironically. It's much scarier."

After landing a bit, Lagi would look up at the woman and remove his hood.

"I'm called Requiem Jynx, the overlord of Tartarus. Tartarus is the newly formed official city of dungeon beasts, I'm doing my best to make it a good place to live for people like us, but I do wonder how you've been living as of late. That, and your relationship with the clan."

Sakura

Sakura
D-Tier
D-Tier

“King? I’ve never put much stock in kings.” Sakura’s voice was light and conversational, the picture of politeness, but the kind undertones in her voice didn’t extend to her facial expressions “Kings are prone to vanity, selfishness and cruelty. It’s one of the many, many pitfalls of men I find.” She sighed whimsically and plucked a cherry blossom from the air, rolling a pink petal gently between her fingers.

“My name is Sakura Morihana but trust me Jynx” She would reach out and press the cherry blossom into his palm pointedly “You and I are nothing alike.” She would continue walking, weaving her way through the garden as she spoke “In any case, my relationship with my so-called clan is nonexistent. They made me what I am.” She held up her hand and her nails suddenly sharpened into vicious talons.

“It was strange magic. Powerful. Painful. I am grateful for the strength it’s given me, and I’d love to show my gratitude to the men who gave me this gift.” Like before, Sakura’s voice was at odds with her facial expression, but now her eyes held a murderous light within them “I want to make them feel everything I felt all those years. Every single shred of it…”

When she turned, her face was split with a million watt smile “So tell me about Tartarus, Jynx. In particular the city’s relationship with Kina, and your own connections to the clans.”

WC: 705 | @Lagi

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"I would say an Overlord is better than a king. Not only does it tell a tale of how genetically superior that we are to other races despite appearances, but the title of Lord itself is also a big thing in the culture of my city. We are the epitome of diversity, so even if it's offputting to hear that I am the leader of such a thing, it is my own goals to ensure that my people are living well and feel safe."

For what it's worth, Lagi meant that last bit. He shared those desires with his brothers and sisters, he believed that the result of such things should be done correctly. However, Sakura was giving off a bit of a strange vibe. Maybe it was due to the fact that perhaps the clan that she represented didn't treat her that well or she had her own personal feelings on the matter. Or maybe it was something else entirely?

"It's recently made, it's what's left of heliohapt after a disaster has befallen the place and slit the country up. With the territory that I have acquired that was full of people forever changed, I decided to make a home for them. That's how it started. As for the Morihana clan, I have no connections. I work for the Kogata clan due to their more liberal-minded welcome committee of inviting outsiders to partake in kina's festivities. Such a giant step for one when everyone else chooses to alienate themselves, they were the best choice. "

Sakura

Sakura
D-Tier
D-Tier

"The title of Overlord doesn't help your case, I'm afraid." Sakura giggled, actually finding the vampire's words humorous now, though he probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference between her false laugh and her real one "It just makes you sound like a villain. Like the monster that normal people would be only so glad to paint you as. But for what its worth, I believe what you say." She paused for a beat, a clawed finger tapping against her chin "Or at least I believe that you believe it. And I think I would like to see you make such a place, where we can be free."

Sakura walked on a bit in silence, just watching the cherry blossoms sway and fall gently down to the earth "So you're talking to me in order to recruit me to your city, that much is obvious, but to what end? Are you truly just approaching every beast you come across extending this olive branch? What's in it for you?" While her questions seemed pointed, her tone didn't display any judgement, only curiosity "You can't expect everyone to think you're doing this out of the kindness of your heart. The people you're asking may think you want them indebted to you while the humans and others that look on may think you're amassing an army, especially with all your talk of genetic superiority."

Sakura smiled softly "Yes, any way you cut it, you'd be seen as a threat. Has that not occurred to you?"

WC: 960 | @Lagi

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum