Menat
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

It must have been relieving but also somewhat mundane as they felt themselves travelling once again through the gate and finding themselves in the odd in-between again. It would all come crashing down once again as they found themselves appearing together again in dim lighting. However, the darkroom around them would suddenly illuminate as candles all along the floor and walls suddenly burst into flame one after another.  The cascading flames revealing that they were in a room of dark marble with the only real colour being the carpet that leads up a set of stairs towards a throne made of the dark marble with obsidian as well as it glimmered in the candlelight framed by red banners behind it.

It was a large throne room, empty besides the decorations and each other with only a throne to approach. As they started to look around they would hear soft music in the background, it sounded a bit eerie but soothing as it sounded like someone was running a bow along with a harp creating an extension that framed the scene around them, but beyond that, there was nothing happening as they waited at the end of the room with the room beckoning them forward.

"I guess this is what we've all been waiting for?" Lir spoke as he groaned, he was obviously a bit sick from the travel as he seemed to be getting up with difficulty and even leaning against a nearby rock as he spoke again before resting more. "Feels a bit daunting approaching an empty throne."

The Coda of a Shared Existence [Ipos - The Chamber] Throne_of_rock_town_by_satoruwada_daab7tt-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzUwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvODQxODE1NTMtNmM1Zi00Y2ZlLWE5NmQtNmIxMWYxZjk1ZWVjXC9kYWFiN3R0LWVkMDFlYmVmLTliYzYtNGY0OS1iMjE1LWJmZDAzMDkyMzhhNC5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTUwMCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19

Background music:

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

The final gate had produced the same manner of transportation for those that placed their hands upon it as each one before it starting with the very first gate to enter the dungeon itself. Yet, at least for Menat, it was no longer such a physically taxing action. Upon "landing" in their most recent location the eldest of the Meridian royal children managed to not only keep all forms of nausea at bay but remained firmly planted on her feet where she appeared. A far different manner than how she had exited the initial gate, hunched over on her knees and vomiting her own bile, indeed.

All around the young girl was a room shrouded in heavy, thick shadows almost as deep as actual darkness. Thus far there had been no obvious indications of a light source. Not until dozens upon dozens of candles all set themselves ablaze to illuminate the new area. Once the flames were all a flicker and the room was illuminated enough to see its details Menat would begin to look around. There was a strange sensation of a melancholic beauty to the room as the candle flames cast their shadows over it, clearly unable to completely light up the entire room even with the multitude of candles as was their nature. Framed by crimson banners was the main aspect of the chamber meant to draw the attention of all who entered.

A throne made from obsidian and dark marble atop a short flight of stairs. The flickering candle light danced on the throne's surface as if, like the majority of the dungeon thus far, there was a song on the wind that only it could dance to. The throne and banners were, aside from the countless candles, the only things in the actual room before Menat and the other dungeon challengers arrived. Save for some rocks rooted to various locations within the room.

With nothing more to look for Menat found her attention drifting to what she could hear rather than what she was able to see. An eerie, yet relaxing song did indeed sweep through the air of the room yet no instruments were visible. She supposed that shouldn't have been too odd to her by this point given how their first task had been guided by a song played without instruments as well. The song seemed as if to be performed on a harp get also sounded different to the otherwise uncultured girl. As if something else were affecting the strings rather than the simple plucking of one's fingers. Sadly her knowledge of music and its devices was rather limited so beyond that she couldn't fathom a guess.

Lir had apparently taken the gate with their group proper this time and seemed to look closer to how Menat felt after traveling through her second gate. It made her wonder, did he really go through the second gate at all? Or was he simply that physically frail of a man that his body would take longer to adjust to the means of travel than it did for the rest of them who seemed to be fine as well. The odd bard made a remark between groans about how it seemed as if this room had been what they were all anticipating the whole time. The Meridian Princess continued to keep watch on the strange man as he struggled his way to one of the numerous rocks to use as a way of supporting himself in his current condition. His next comment was on how it felt daunting to approach an empty throne.

Menat could only roll her eyes at his statement. Her mother was an Empress. Any seat she deemed hers was treated like a throne regardless of if she was seated in it or if it was void of her being. That way of thinking actually irked the young Princess somewhat when she thought of it. But despite that she made it a goal to prove a point to Lir. She would be the first to approach the empty throne, halting at the base of its steps before taking a knee before it and bowing her head in respect. "Your Grace, Ipos, as the first-born princess of the nation of Meridia I offer you my respect." She would say, knowing full-well the Queen wasn't actually there. Even if it was only the memory of Ipos that Menat spoke to she still felt it only proper to offer her such words. Especially once she had heard the woman's tale as she traveled through her kingdom.

Silva Kaida

Silva Kaida
β-Tier
β-Tier

The old man would look in astonishment as they enter what he assumed to be the end of this dungeon. His eyes would go directly to the throne at the end of the room. For some strange reason the old man always had a fondness for chairs and this one was especially attractive for Silva. He would begin walking to the throne while looking around. He was not sure what they were supposed to be doing here but he was sure they would find out. He would attempt to go up and sit on the throne smiling to get a feel for the large chair.

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

Her body transported, Zubaidah would find herself within the dulled throne-room. She could not resist comparing this one with the other throne-rooms, and the comparison made quite the stark contrast. Gamigin had been a richly-furnished chamber, piled high with treasures, and Furcas had been a vast assembly-hall whose walls and floors were shining bright. Ipos lacked that pomp and circumstance, seeming more a funeral-chamber than anything else.

Well, what could she say? She saw the dull-coloured marble, the dimly-lit candles and the strings playing their eerie tune which would not seem out of place for a mourning-ceremony. She almost expected to see women beating their chests and scratching at their tear-soaked faces but, alas, it seemed that she was wrong. Not that she truly cared, for she was getting excited that the case was near closed. The witness Ipos would soon come to the stand, and she would face the detective’s questioning.

Last edited by Zuzu Mansur on 01/03/21, 06:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Mikazuki Tenma

Mikazuki Tenma
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

After being transported for several times, Tenma would find himself not affected to the nauseous feeling anymore. His one eye would observe the new area that gave a mourning feels, but there was a throne there even though it was empty. He wondered if that tragic song was being depicted in this room. If that's the case then this mourning vibes fit the room well. And the owner of that throne would be Ipos herself, even though Tenma was still unsure. The man would keep looking back at where they appeared, hoping to see Noir appearing from there. But for now, he amd Rui Li would only stand there quietly, waiting.

Ghost

Ghost
A-Tier
A-Tier

Ghost would look on as he opened his eyes. He was now in the throne room. It was something to be behold. As he looked around he could care less who else was there. All sights were on the throne and all it's glory. As he was walking he would say to himself. "Is that the very throne that she sat upon? I wonder how is she now. Is she the same or better or well worse? Either way it goes I am about to find out." Looking on he would see the old man walking towards the throne. Clearly he was trying to make a statement. How funny was it to Ghost but the young wizard said not a world as he looked on. As that was indeed going to be a big sign of disrespect. Ghost would look up to see the others as well. Wondering what task were they all put into to get here." He would simply sit down on the steps leading up to the throne. As he started to tap his foot. He would start to hum to the beat of it. As he started to sing in a low pitch voice. "A hunting we will go, a hunting we will go pop goes the merry go a hunting we will go."

Khalik-I-Sabbah

Khalik-I-Sabbah
C-Tier
C-Tier

Khaliks frame, his existence, had unravels for the nth time only to be spun back into place for the nth time— a fine allegory apt to describe life.

However, life seemed in short supply here in the chamber. Lit in the shallow lights of candles, the assassin refreshed himself in the dim glow, clearing his mind of thoughts deemed inconsequential. His gaze would trace the his old, (un)wise compatriot to the throne before falling to the red-haired child.

Just what insanity was spewed forth now? A princess... Of Meridia? Okay, and he was the marionette of a mad puppeteer with too much free time. Doubts aside, the dialogue seemed to strike a note with him— a certain word which pierced his eardrum.

Respect.

Oh, yeah. Its all coming together.

Khalik leaned forward, just a smidgen and gestured from few paces to the right of Menat. His words carried a serene grace which was only applied by the fingertips grazing his heart. "I too wish to pay my respects," yet he did not kneel before the invisible queen. "To the disembodied ensemble, you are killing it, right now. Really, well done. The atmosphere and tone you're imparting on us right now, let alone the medley of it all, is truly sublime."

"Also! I wish to give props to the choir before them. Great storytellers, I tell you. This trip would not have been possible without them— and I mean that in the most literal sense."

With a short, yet humble bow, the boy outstretch his arm to give the stage to whoever was next.

"Thank you all for your time."

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Hyperion and Noir would find themselves in the room shortly enough met with the same ambient music as the others as they would see the rest of them getting adjusted to the room. They would see Menat who had already chosen to bend the knee before the throne despite it being empty and the old man who had also attempted to climb the throne. However, he and the others would find that they would so easily be allowed to the throne. As Silva would attempt to climb the stairs he would feel as if he was being wrapped in a thick liquid, but in reality, had walked into a dense wall of sound that would send him flying back three meters as he walked into it, picking up Ghost with him

As they had all gotten adjusted and a few seconds would pass soon the music would start to rise in volume only to be accompanied suddenly by the sound of some drums coming into play adding more to what they were hearing. Then finally came the voices as some choral singing began. "Aah ah aaaahhh." they sang a bit repeatedly for a few seconds before something different happened. "Ah-ah-ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Down on your knees before the Queen."

Before they could even respond to the demand of the sung for those except Menat who had done so preemptively, they would suddenly hear the music shift once more. The beat of the drums picked up with a swinging rhythm as suddenly the bowing on the harp would follow suit along with other stringed instruments suddenly joining to add to the performance.

Along with the sudden shift of the song they would suddenly feel a shift in the room as the candles began to burn brighter and then, another voice began to sing with a slightly rough voice, but good nonetheless with another disembodied voice responding to its inquiries.

"Woah-oh, can you hear that?"

"Ooh- yeahh."

"Can you feeeel it?"

"Woaah yeah!"

"CAN YOU TASTE IT?!"

"No-ohhhhh!"

"Well that doesn't matter no does it, what matters is

Are ya readdyyy

Oooh, are ya ready

well if you are prepared just do what we saidddd"

As they continued the song had completely shifted as suddenly an entire band had burst into music with multiple drums adding to the rising swinging beat with background singers and suddenly the stringing on the harps were joined by rapid bowing and strumming of stringed instruments matched to meet the singer as his hype rose with the song.

"If it is so, I will repeat again so listen close if you are ready then take my advice andddd

BOW

DOWN

BEFORE

YOUR

QUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!"

As he made his proclamation with a rising riff on the harp there was a sudden burst of sound throughout the room and anyone within the room would feel an immense pressure wash over them before they would watch as the fog rolled in and there was a cackling following the music and a voice that fell on their ears like aged wine, silky and rich as it responded to the Orchestra. "Oh, they aren't ready for this."

From within the smoke, large skeletal hands made from a green foggy light would rise and reach out to grab at them before suddenly clasping and clapping along with the music as the hands slowly drifted towards the throne making it past the barrier that the others had found difficulty with. From upon the throne, blue smoke twisted and twirled into the shape of a person, and it grew it till it was taller than all of them, and even taller than its throne as suddenly the smoke would tighten and compress into the visage of a woman. With a broad frame appearing and white hair that flowed into the air, the blue figure was decorated with dark tribal tattoos that covered the majority of her torso. The shadows of the room itself seemed to wrap around her forming figure creating a torn dress that faded into her ghostly visage with gold markings similar to her tattoo bringing life to her mourning dress. The face of an older middle-aged woman suddenly graced them with mightly antlers gracing her head like a crown had she not been wearing one already. Between the royal band on her head a Third Eye opened suddenly revealing a field of black as the dark sclera was marked with a verdant green Iris and a piercing golden pupil that drew in the terrifying wisdom of the djinn into perspective.

The Coda of a Shared Existence [Ipos - The Chamber] Ipos

This was the queen they were waiting to meet and the mature royal spread out her arms in a welcoming manner revealing her open hands, the palms of her hands splitting open as two mouths appeared as they began to harmonize with one another, singing as the righteous song still went on, but now they were graced with the leading lady, the singing voice of Ipos, The Djinn herself.

"Ooh, so I hear that you're here for treasures galore, that you desire power beyond all compare

But can you tell me one thing, just one important question to answer, Do you think that you're worthy?"

Her hands, her real ones, and her skeletal ones suddenly wrapped around herself as if she was tracing them along herself as she sang out deeply with her arms extending out invitingly to them once again as she sang out her next verse.

"Woahh, sweet little babies

Do
You
Think
That
You're
Worthy
of
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?"

The drums kicked up back into the main beat as the ghostly orchestra suddenly appeared in the endless background. An entire ensemble of nearly a hundred vaguely shaped figures with instruments playing as if their unlife were depending solely on it.

"I've lived a life long and full of despair, but you ain't ever gonna see me stop for a minute, You want power, WELL I'LL SHOW YOU REAL POWERRRR!" Her hands suddenly lifted up with them the following suit as the sound waves would pull their trick once more as they were lifted by Ipos' command and then she would spin suddenly sending them all spinning around the room as the orchestra picked up.

Ba-dum Ba-dam Ba-dum Bada-dum. The drums were beating as if each ghost had several arms and Ipos played with them for a second as she continued her song.

"I've been watching, and I know why you're here, though of some of you aren't even aware

I've seen all that you've done and heard all that you said, so you best lay your soul bare

you've all heard my tragedy you've all felt my despair, I could not save my people

and I may be a queen and guardian of this place, but I am Queen Ipos, lover of Dramatics and Flair."

With them spinning around they would hear the woman singing as if she was full of life like she had been waiting for this moment and that was very likely after all the entire dungeon had different voices and different performances. Ipos ruled this place so it only seemed fitting that such an oddly fun lace would belong to a Djinn who liked to have fun. As she sang along with the notes she would spin them around the entire room a few times before suddenly gathering them into a group and presenting them before her throne and lowering them to the ground as she took another breath.

" So I suggest that you listen to my advice, take a second to breath, and take a second to think, and then tell what you desire

then most important of all, you know what you got doo, or must I tell you again, so listen close while you think and

BOW. DOWN. BEFORE. YOUR QUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!"

As she sang she raised her hands and her hand mouths sung with her harmonizing as their voices rose and suddenly as it echoed off the walls around them they would all feel as Ipos' voice would harmonize with the frequencies of their bodies for a brief moment and her song wrapped them in a spiritual experience as she carried her note and suddenly threw her hands down in dramatic fashion as the sound would force them all to drop down to their knees from the pure force of the sound.

The music would continue to speed up until suddenly the drums would end out with a rolling beat and a crash of metal disks being rung out as the song would suddenly reach its end with Ipos taking a breath, more likely for performance purpose than actual need as the Djinn would finally speak to them, her voice sing-songy, but a bit rougher and deep as if it was worn out from her life.

"Aye, Incase it wasn't obvious I am Ipos, Djinn of Choice and Consequence, You are here to receive my judgement, but first tell me what is your desire coming here, what's your wish?"

Ghost

Ghost
A-Tier
A-Tier

As he was pushed off of the throne steps. A smile would come on his face. It seems that he too was in the wrong. But at last all was not lost. As before he knew it music started playing. Yet thought out all the voices he could hear. All he heard was bow down to your queen. Follow by a very truly question. Was he worthy of her. This had him thinking in more ways then one. As he was put down. He soon found himself on the ground. This lead him to believe she was a queen who was demanding in more ways then one and respect was clearly one of them. As Ghost slowly put himself in a kneeling position. He would start to talk to Ipos. " First off that was a performance to remember. But I doubt that is your best work. As that has yet to come. But as I know who you are allow me to introduce myself. DoleMite Ghost Dynamite is my name. As of right now my story before this day was of a simple man leading a life to make a life story worth telling. As I heard your story. All I could say is and understand why you are the Djinn of Choice and Consequence. That is because all choices have consequences rather good or bad. Some of them you just can not control. Kind of like happy feet dancing to a happy beat."

As he looked on he would continue." My Queen that question I can not give you a question too. As it is like being married. No one really knows what's it's like not until it happens. As anyone would say yes but does that truly mean that they are and one can not think they are ready they must know they are ready with that being said. But I can tell you this. Just like the motion of the ocean. Instead of walking through life with not a beat to the heart. I rather dance though my life story. Just like yours I want the world to know of my tale. The Beautiful the good,the bad, the ugly and the uglier. So they can judge me based off of thier own judgement if how i made mt choices and the consequences they follow suit. So when it's all said and done my tale will be sung for generations to come. So if you choose me then well. I just know we can create the perfect melody to the one thing you is missing. A ending suited to Ipos my Queen. A symphony with a ending that would cause music itself to bow to you."

As he looked on last but not least he would say to her. " So to do all that and how I would make such a thing possible. I will tell you this a Crown is inherited but the respect of the people is earned. My Queen allow me to complete your life story with the ending of the Song you know you deserve." He would say this as his head kneeled back down. As Ghost waited for the judgement of Ipos, Djinn of Choice and Consequence.

Silva Kaida

Silva Kaida
β-Tier
β-Tier

Once again the old man would hit a wall and be flung backwards. He managed to land on his feet this time but was still slightly annoyed from this happening a second time. Next thing he knew there was a large musical number with a group of background singers followed shortly by the lead singer Ipos. The number seemed to introduce her and tell them what they needed to do first for the djinn. He still was not sure what a djinn was or why they were important but he would think about that later. "I am the magician Silva. When i was younger I desired for power, wealth and fame. BUt now i just desire to be with this lovely woman i have met and to keep her and her people safe. He would say grinning.

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Noir found the show given by the very Djinn as an amusing experience, it was new, she never saw any unique performance just like this one. The Djinn, with their usual blue colored skin, would float proudly as she was cladded with a rather torn dress, giving her a ghostly vibe. She kept hearing the same phrase over and over again from the Djinn’s words… or what she could mention as her song. The queen kept saying, or probably commanding them to bow before her. Not only that, she also asked another question that again, was being repeated within her musical performance. This time it was about if they, the visitors of the realm, were worthy of her blessing and power.

Noir took a second to breath and another second to think, but her gaze would be fixated towards the Djinn as she couldn’t stop watching the performance. After the spectacular show was done, the magician would do what she was commanded. She would bow down before the Djinn and said, “I came here for knowledge and the truth.” She took a second to pause before continuing again, “I would like to know about the secret of Alma Torran, to gain more knowledge and understanding about it. Also… I would like to know about the tragic fate of the corpse and also the Janitor.”

Mikazuki Tenma

Mikazuki Tenma
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

His guess was right, Ipos was the owner of the throne and the fact that she mentioned it herself was a strong proof. Well, it had been amusing so far and he would also notice when the queen was still having her own worldwide worth of performance that Noir had made it safely to the area. He would close his eye for a second, secretly feeling relieved of her own safety, she was unscathed and it seemed she was fine although he could tell that she was frowning a little bit. Knowing that he didn't have to worry, he would begin to give his full attention to the queen and he would watch her performance until the end quietly with Rui Li.

The question that was coming from Ipos made Tenma raise an eyebrow, wondering if she would grant any wishes. Well, a man could dream, right? He could’ve asked for what he desired the most, but that was not why he came here. At this moment what he desired was experience and so far this had been a very amusing one, not only that, hanging out with Zubaidah and Amnet was also fun and he admitted he had a good time. However he would bow down to the queen, following the words that kept being repeated within the song. There was something that had been lingering within his mind most of the time he spent in the dungeon. “I’d only wish for the strength to protect my loved ones, but most importantly for the wishes of those important to me to be granted.” He would mean both Zubaidah’s and Noir’s wish, an important comrade and another one was his reason for living.

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

Menat remained with her head bowed before the empty throne, perched down on a single knee before it. She simply wished to show the fallen Queen her respect and admiration after hearing her tale of tragedy and failure. After hearing how alike she was to her own mother. She failed to notice little more than the feet of the old man Silva attempt to make his way past her and up the stairs to the throne. The other individual who had entered the dungeon just moments before her walked past as well. Yet from her peripheral vision she was able to see that, while Silva continued climbing the steps, the one who had bought all of the vendor's wares simply chose to take a seat and, oddly, began to sing.

Yet it seemed these actions were unappreciated by the throne as she her ears twitched. The young Fanalis could pick up what sounded like intense vibrations in the air around the throne before feeling the gust of the two individuals who had approached it flying back past her. Once they had landed the soothingly creepy melody of the harp was joined by the phantom beating of drums. Every ounce of Menat's instincts told her remain as she was on her knee before the throne and in a turn of events lyrics once more broke out to accompany the newly evolving instrumentals that filled the room, starting with a single decree. "Down on your knees before the Queen". It seemed that Menat, in her act of showing respect and admiration to Ipos, had already beaten the others to this task.

The song continued, big and grand as the Princess remained kneeling. using new lines to repeat what it had already informed them all they would need to do yet as she looked around Menat noticed she remained the only one to have taken a knee thus far. The lyrics gave way to a loud cackling that filled the room for several moments before a single feminine voice declared that they were, in fact, not actually ready for what was to come. The Queen herself had arrived, fog had filled the room with the final verse of the song and large skeletal arms formed from within with an eerie green light. Those same arms broke through the barrier of vibrations with ease, as if they were the sole exception to the form of protection and came to a halt as if they were resting above the throne. Menat watched on in awe as more smoke, blue in color this time, swirled above the middle of the empty seat into the form of someone more humanoid and clearly feminine.

The story they had heard of Ipos in the bubble had been slightly deceiving. She was, at least to Menat, not the vision of beauty she had formed a mental image of from the tragedy. But it didn't mean the young Princess couldn't find some other definition of "beautiful" to describe Ipos. A woman of towering height and broad frame was before them all, standing even taller yet than her very throne itself. Her long, loose white hair floated around her head as if the air itself had been commanded to never let it drop against her skin. Her skin itself was a shade of blue, Menat easily putting two and two together as to how it was clearly her as the blue smoke before she had even taken a human appearance, was decorated with tattoos that covered the majority of her torso as the rest of her form, save for her hands, were covered by a simple-yet-elegant black dress that transitioned to a more translucent fabric closer to the ends of its sleeves and the hem.

It was a kind of dark beauty she carried as far as Menat understood. She could easily have been able to see her closer to the image in her mind when she was a younger ruler with her kingdom and her people as her priorities but her current form had changed that much like it had changed Menat's own way of thinking. The Queen would be the one to grace them with song herself this time. She sang of how she questioned if any of those who had entered the dungeon, and by effect this very room, were worthy of her. It seemed as if she had put her all into her performance, even perhaps practiced it in waiting for their arrival as, on cue with the lead of her various hand, a ghostly orchestra once again began to play their instruments as this time visible apparitions appeared within the chamber. It was a sorrowful song she sang yet Menat could tell she had learned to take pride in what her life had been by her very words.

Ipose offered the entire group of explorers a minor display of her own powers, beyond those she had already shown off in the form of manifesting an entire spectral orchestra. Each adventurer would find themselves momentarily lifted into the air in order to perform a simple twirl before being replaced on their feet. She continued on and explained how she had seen all they had done and heard all they had said while within the dungeon before moving on to inform them once more of what they needed to do. The music finally finished and Menat found herself awestruck by the performance, her eyes full of wonder as she watched the Queen before her take her post-performance breath, regardless of if she were to actually need one or not, her hands coming together for a round of applause for what she had just witnessed. Even if she were to be the only one to actually do so. One by one others approached, some kneeling while others chose to remain on their feet.

Introductions were made one by one with those who gave their names also stating what they desired upon coming to the dungeon. Finding the prime opportunity Menat herself approached the base of the throne's stairs once again and took a knee before the Queen herself this time rather than her vacant throne. "My Queen. I am Princess Menat of the nation of Meridia. Before I continue about my desires I wish to once more offer you both my deepest apologies for what has happened to you as well as my boundless respect for the ruler you were." She would begin, her head once again bowed to display how her actions would reflect her words. "When I first made my decision to explore your dungeon I wanted no more than simply that. To explore the dungeon itself and perhaps find some powerful magical items in doing so. Yet now I find it to no longer be that simple."

The Fanalis would lift her head so as to look directly into the experienced face of the djinn before her. "Now my wish is to offer you a second chance. Upon hearing your tale I find you to be very much like my own mother. A woman who cares so vastly for her people and their safety you would go to whatever extremes were needed. Yet you also carry the same fault of trying to shoulder everything on your own and I do not wish to see my mother throw herself away for the nation we're creating. That's why I wish for you to come with me and be that aid my mother will undoubtedly need." She would finish, her words as genuine and serene as they possibly ever could be.

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Showing up late to the party after all these obstacles, felt like evrerything was on time for him. Hyperion would bow before the queen graciously as if it were one of the many events hosted by the upper echelon of clients purchasing his goods.

Hyperion wouldn't even question his worthiness, acknowledging his selfworth in spades. Applauding the performance vivaciously, as it washed away all the regret from his risky actions. His adrenaline had been pumping after each of these challenges and now it all felt rewarded. With Noirs company, he would finally be able to believe in djinns and the truth of dungeons.

"Dramatics and flair? Choices and consequences?" There was lots in common between the two. There was a deepening of Hyperion's feeling towards the djinn as the noise reverberated through him. Finally rising from his bow, taking in a deep breath having taken a moment to think after listening to her and the others speak.

"I have come to explore, and I have learned a lot. My desire is simple; your power. I believe we have a lot in common. But regardless, send my apologies to the Janitor, I truly hoped to bring him along."

Khalik-I-Sabbah

Khalik-I-Sabbah
C-Tier
C-Tier

Good morning, today's forecast calls for blue skies! was the only signal Khalik's shocked brain could broadcast to his psyche before the foggy carpet rollout. Pressure; it pushed down on him— pushed down on them, yet even still he raised his head. A mere smidge it was, yet a mere smidge all the same snipe a peep and behold the spectacle, the entertainment known as Ipos.

A Djinn it was, or at least what he had called for— an entity whose existence was beyond measure. She was a lively one for being presumed dead, and... otherworldly, to say the least. The blue-skin, the additional arms, the additional skeletal arm, and the wispy tail which constituted as her bottom— not to mention her fashion sense! By Solomon, his heart flew to the Dark Lady who laughed and danced, her command brightening this once dead room with life abundant. Lost to the sway of this vocal powerhouse, his feet danced to her strange tune — be it by his own power or hers.

The young wanderer spun to this ballroom's blitz, twirling without reprise until, finally, he broke free with jig in step. From a hopeless pirouette to a suave flourish, Khalik responded in good faith with a bow and plenty of flair in the swing of his arm.

"My Fair Lady, how lucky can one man be? I had found my life bled to monotone when you're sweet aria fancied me. Only by chance of whim did I happen upon your greatness in all its peaks and in all its valleys. With your inspiration, I have brokered freedom from a bout of repetition. Not a wish more. could remain in my heart," he pretended himself smooth and regal. His answer flowed from his tongue like honey enriched with a teaspoon of sugar; or, in this case, hyperbole. A fact soon to be garnered by a sly finger pressed to lips reflective contemplation.

"Weeeee~ll, had I a wish more in my heart..." The drawn silence only served to embolden the brilliant smile he shown. "I'd wish to win this game, whatever it may be."

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

Her hips swaying, Zubaidah lost herself in the rhythm. Her soul laid bare, she found herself anew within this music. It seemed even her heart was beating in-time, enamoured with the bassline beneath. Oh, how she had her passions renewed!

Ipos had taste and flair aplenty and Zubaidah could not leave that unnoticed. She was a woman after her own heart, if she had to admit. Her eyes bright, she would enjoy the short but sweet performance. She would even add her own touches, spinning with well-known grace. But that would not last long, since all things must end - and this performance was no exception.

Her knees buckling, she found herself back in the present. If she was honest, she did not appreciate the floor below. As such, she would rise as quickly as she had fallen. Standing tall, she retrieved herself from her dirtied knees, "Ah, it pains me to deny your hospitality, Ipos,” Her voice was silk-smooth, a honey-pot in every sense, “But my leg has never fared well.” Amnet rolled her keen eyes, writing cosily upon the floor, “I would beg your pardon, but it seems I am last to speak - and I would like to ask a favour myself.” She looked Ipos dead in the eye, "I have come here for my own ends, so that I might understand the world in its entirety." With a slight smile, she cast her gaze to the curious Noir, “As such, I would like information about Alma Torran as well. It seems Furcas has piqued my curiosity, but I require more to fill the remaining gaps." She had no shame, truly, and her wink would make that clear, "I would not refuse another performance, if you would like to recount the song of Solomon?”

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

With the rushing euphoria of the musical number starting to fade away as Ipos herself would float forward to give them all a proper audience with the queen. Her eyes falling upon all of them as they gave her their sentiments and shared their wishes and desires with the mistress of the dungeon that had tested them so, and she was patient the entire time. Finally, the last to share their introductions was Lir.

"It is nice to meet you, your highness, my wish is simple." He paused for a moment as he spoke, only to rise from his knees as to address her with proper respect now that he had been addressed. "I came in here for a reason, assuming you know what it is, or can help me I would like to achieve the purpose I came here for, even if I don't remember I must follow through."

As his sentiments were shared with the djinn she would pull back for a moment as if she was processing all their words for a moment. When she was done she moved forward to them once again and looked them all over before she began to speak again.

"Your wishes are all compelling and tell me more about you if only wishes were something to be granted as easily as that." The words left her lips with almost a bitter-sweet tone as she suddenly shifted her tone from the somewhat playful one it had been before.

With her eyes turning towards both Ghost and Khalik first she gave her first comment on what they had said. "I appreciate both of your compliments you make this old woman feel young again, but Ghost be wary some people might not take you saying someone's performance isn't their best might not go well."

It was then that he turned his eyes to both Noir and Hyperion her eyes going somewhat serious for a moment. "Oh, you don't need to worry about that or him."

While her words sounded a bit dire at the moment the tension was snapped with her fingers as with the sudden snapping the space around them would suddenly start shift and warp. Within moments the Djinn used her control of the dungeon to pull forth from the lower parts of the dungeon, Solomh, The Janitor.

"For those of you who didn't get introduced this is the Janitor, Solomh." Ipos held out her arms towards him as he would bow with his introduction before they were hit with more revelations. "More importantly, this is my husband."

Solomh's identity being revealed he would give them all a soft nod as he moved closer to his wife as they would both raise their hands to reveal they each had a wedding band on their fingers. The two would meet in a soft kiss before suddenly she would look upon them again with her eyes suddenly going cold for a moment.

"If you cared about my husband's condition why were you trying to kill him? and why would you deliberately antagonize someone after they asked someone to leave your space and avoided conflict until engaged him aggressively?" Her questions fell off her lips more as reprimands but before she would give them a chance to answer her words continued and shared her sentiments. "As for the corpse, that was not a real one, that was one of my earliest memories, that was the tomb of my grandmother."

With a soft sigh, she would look upon the group for a good moment once again with her hands spreading out in an inviting way only to show off the hands that were on her mouth. They opened up showing sharp teeth which were parted by slithering tongues that slipped out and started to wave around in the air. "You all tell me your desires, but you have done nothing to answer my question."

"Do you really think that you're worthy of me?" This time the words were not sweet and fun but instead, it was a cold question posed to the entire room about if any of them actually had the qualities she had desired from them.

"Oh and don't think that any of you are free from this judgment." With the eyes of a matriarch gazing upon them all they would likely feel their mistakes rise to memory like a dead body rising in the water. "Whether it be indecision, playing a facade, or making decisions such as repeating your mistakes or removing your clothes inside a place you have seeming enough knowledge to know is dangerous."

This gaze was held for a moment until she would finally let out a long sigh and then her face would clear to a more forgiving, yet tired visage. "However, if I were to judge you solely based on your mistakes and few successes I would not know who you are truly, and once choices are made they are final, so even I must be wise with my own decisions after death."

With the music raising once again and her hands moving to orchestrate them to start to set an ambiance for the room. It was soft chanting with the instruments playing and the background music continuing as she would as well. "I will give you all the opportunity to prove yourselves to me, to see if any of you is worthy of me granting your wish."

"Ghost, if i'm being honest I'm not quite sure what to make of you, you keep going on monologues and while you've handled things well enough to survive you have made incredibly questionable decisions from the beginning, why would you blind possible allies and suddenly choose to run away?." With her hands waving around Ipos would bring a mirror from behind her throne room and put it in front of him. "Your task is simple, stare in this mirror and be honest with yourself, none of us are here at the moment, just tell yourself the truth ."

Her attention then turned towards the older man who gave her a simple wish. "If all you want to do is return home why come to such a place in the first place, I have to say you're just as puzzling if for different reasons." With one of her skeleton hands reaching out towards Silva Ipos would ask him his question, his challenge. "You chose to come here, to leave her behind, are you willing to face you may never see her again? or would you give up your physique, your strengths so that you may see her again, will you let me drain you of all that makes you so that you may see her again?"

It was then that she moved her attention towards Menat who had given her the proper respect and seemingly tried to keep her favor. "You have acted well, but there were times where it felt like it was only that, how much of it was an act, and when were you your true self?" It was then that another ghost hand would reach out towards Menat, hovering above her head. "You want to help your mother? That's a brave and honorable decision, but would you let go of the memory of your father, to forget him so you can save your mother from a fate like my own?"

"You have handled this dungeon like a game, but from what I can tell there is no reason for you to see it as anything other." Ipos would float infront of him for a moment as if she was looking him over intently. "You haven't done much wrong, but you haven't necessarily done much right either, Mr.Black Rukh" Her words paused for a moment before she shared Khalik's challenge with him. "You're suspicious of Lir aren't you, if you think he truly is a threat then do something about him."

Turning her head to Tenma she gave a soft nod to herself before sharing her sentiments once again. "You're a bit of an enigma as well, you've spent alot of time watching rather than doing, but I can already tell that, to get the strength to protect those you care about would you part with the memory of one of them?"

Hinting towards whom it was about and shifting her perspective Ipos looked between Noir and Tenma before suddenly turning fully to present Noir with her own challenge. "Knowledge is a gift, and if you are seeking it would you be willing to leave knowledge behind, let me take something from you that you will never know again, and I will not let you know shall be taken as compensation,"

Getting close for a moment she would stare Eight down in the eyes as she shared her opinion and soon enough presented him with his challenge. "You ask me directly for my power, with your fate tainted black, you've made many mistakes and you still hold such a degree of confidence, if you think you are worthy then complete this task." A dagger would drop from her hands like her words into his as the challenge would fall on his ears like a whisper. "Then sacrifice your partner, or do you not know how to make a decision?"

It was then that her eyes fell upon Zub and her eyes would look over to her ally who was writing things down when she would stare back at her. "Knowledge is all you seek huh? It seems that was your reasoning for entering, knowledge is sacred and you wish to know many things." Ipos would look at her own hand for a moment as she reached out her hand towards Zub and let her challenge be declared. "If you wish to hold such knowledge, and you think that you're worthy of it, are you willing to sacrifice knowledge for it?" Only pausing for a moment Ipos was quick to elaborate on what she meant. "If I give you surefire knowledge there is some knowledge I will never let you know and your mind will be blocked from ever processing it, are you willing to gain promised facts at the cost of knowing there are some things that you will never know?"

For the people and the challenges, this must've been an intense and unexpected situation she had given them as opposed to the direct skill-based challenges other dungeons and other issues in life might have presented. Only made eerier by the fact that they would only hear when Ipos had spoken to them, each other time as Ipos shared their individual challenges they would be the only one to hear as it appeared to others that they were deaf at that moment. They were isolated from the sound of each other, and they were pushed further as each of them was now faced with their own tasks, with the decision that belongs solely to them.

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

Menat found herself staring at the former Queen, for the very first time, with a look of absolute horror across her face. Not from the revalation that the grotesque collection of living flesh that she had encountered after escaping the invisible audience of the ampetheater, the guardian (she supposed) of the third gate, was in fact the husband of Ipos. No, the Princess found nothing odd about this, it seemed that despite all they had suffered their love was still solid even now. Menat had to admit she felt a tinge of jealousy at this display in the depths of her gut but otherwise she was happy enough for the Queen and her King.

The true abject terror that had surfaced for Menat was instead the choice the djinn set out before her. Should she wish to go forward with it, to prove she was worth the grace of Ipos' aid and to have one more asset for her mother's growing nation (and her mother herself) the young Princess would need to forget her father. She stood before the ghostly queen, her face paler than the spectral hand hovering over her head and body stiffer than a frozen corpse. For what she knew the djinn had very much asked her to make a choice between her parents. She couldn't believe someone would be capable of asking another such a question, let alone someone not struggling to process it. Let alone answer.

It seemed the Queen had no intentions of rushing Menat nor any of the other participants within the chamber. She offered all the time to consider their choices and weigh their outcomes. At least that was what it seemed like. The redhead hadn't been able to hear anything between the introduction of Solomh the Janitor King and her own choice, nor anything after her choice was given either. The paralyzing fear would give way to the deepest sense of dread and despare Menat had ever felt, her knees giving out and sending her falling back onto her rear.

Seconds turned to minutes as the girl's mind worked things through. It felt like an eternity but Menat had made her decision. The shaking of her body stopped as her nerves answered her conviction. Slowly, yet dramatically, she returned to her feet to stare directly into Ipos's eyes. She made sure to return to her spot directly under the djinn's spectral hand. "My Queen. If it will aid my mother and our nation then I will pay your price." Her voice was as solid and secure as the rest of her body.

In the deepest depths of her very core Menat had really known the answer to Ipos's question from the very beginning. The shock was, more or less, a needlessly dramatic response. More understandable as Menat thought about it. Her father was important to her, this was true. Yet all she had of him was stories told to her from her older sister of their time together before Menat's birth. She had remembered that she had him to thank for the magic cloth she actually had tying her hair back in her signature messy ponytail at that very moment as well as the crystal shard she had broken on accident which had turned her into the young woman she now was. But she had never seen him, never met him, never made any actual memories of him.

On the other side of that coin was her mother. Since she had been brought to Merrze back when Meridia was still in the budding stages of its development, back when their home was a simple log cabin, her mother had been there for her. It wasn't only her mother either. She had Merlin, Merzan and the twins all filling her memories. She wanted to meet her father, to bond with the man she had grown up being compared to, but he hadn't been there like her mother. The Princess had taken Ipos's question and turned it on itself. Why would she sacrifice something to help her loving mother for a father who had never made an effort to even meet her?

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Hyperion stood tall before Ipos. "Mistakes are just learning experiences, and I am FULL of experience." He perhaps would continue to make mistakes but there was a certain lack of remorse of his actions now in the presence of the djinn. Hyperion would approach the djinn, palms open showing his lack of trickery. As he returns to his companions side, between Diana and Noir, with the dagger in tow. "Thank you for the gift." He would then quickly strike Diana by using his demon blade first, activating and destroying her borg with his first strike and then following it by striking with the dagger from beneath her ribs into her vital organs. "Well, she has been de-livered." The morally bankrupt slaver would bow his head, weapons at his side, with the dagger leaving a trail of blood.

20The Coda of a Shared Existence [Ipos - The Chamber] Empty Ghost Declaration 08/03/21, 11:27 pm

Ghost

Ghost
A-Tier
A-Tier

As she spoked to him she would indeed tell him a thing or two. But Ghost already had the answers to such things. As she told him of some of them might being his ally he would say to her. "With all do respect my Queen. A ally would help you achieve your goal not compete with you for it. As we look around I am the sole one to come in along. Why because there are just somethings that you must do along. Having a ally is well kinda bothersome when you both want the exact same thing. Such as a crown or lover. Someone is bound to betray the other. Because that is a choice one is willing to make even if it leaves to dire consequences." As she told him one might not take to kindly to someone disrespectful of thier music. He would say to her in return."If I offended you I do truly apologize and for that I am sorry. What I was trying to say is. All of your melodies are of heavenly order. But I have a feeling there is one that you have yet to sing and that is it has yet to be written."

Soon enough she would show him a mirror. Along with his task and that was to tell himself the truth. Ghost would freeze up. As within this mirror he would start to have a small flash back in his own mind. As tears ran down his face he was indeed scared. He was in a place he did not want to be. But he was force to be there. He could see the ruhk all around. All black ruhk. Was this his fate? Would he truly be the king people wanted him to be? The king of all Witches was a dire crown to wear indeed."You ask me why did I do such a thing. Besides the answer I gave earlier. You see every day I wake up I am so thankful. Yet everyday I wake up I live in complete fear. Fear that one day they might come and get me. I am so afraid to even trust someone. Either I would fell them or they would fell me. Or even worse they just might abandoned me. The truth is if I pretend that I truly had a friend or let's pretend I had a friend to call a friend. My life I would refuse to be the second coming. I have no unrest interest in those who only want to use and abuse me with fake love. You Queen Ipos truth is I am a victim of Hate filled love. If I stop moving the truth is I will get got by the darkness. Everywhere I go someone somewhere has a almighty power. I want that I want people to know me more then just a magician who is afraid of the dark. But with all that damage I have took. With all the storms most could not take I did I lived."

Ghost would then stand up as he held out his right hand then he would balled it up. As he open it up tryng to touch the mirror if he could. "I find two people who love me all on my own. We are small we are broken yet we still are family. You ask a question that I will answer now. Yes I DO think NO I know. I am worthy of your blessing. I could never possibly know the pain you been put through. But if it is anything like mines. Then I know the feeling of being hated by those you swear loved you and you would protect. The Truth is I am no king but given a chance Queen Ipos I can be. Please my final truth is. I want the KEYS TO EVEN and as your king candidate I can have them we can can then write the musical even the stars would sing to." As he looked on he would wipe the tears from his eyes. As he would hum his favorite song. ~little it's alright~ "After all Queen Ipos I am the man in that mirror."

Silva Kaida

Silva Kaida
β-Tier
β-Tier

The old man would listen to the lady known as ipos as she talked to them all before talking directly to him. It looked like she talked to the others as well but he was unable to hear what she said. She talked about taking his strength to ensure he saw manami again. He thought about it for a few before giving an answer. "Young lady, I am an old man. I have seen a lot and understand all to well that nothing is certain. I could die before i see her again or she could die. I am acquainted with life and death probably more than these who are wet behind their ears. So if it is my fate not to see her again then i will be heartbroken but i will have to accept it. People must rely on their own strengths instead of that of others. I will use my strengths to try to make it back to her. So i am sorry to say i deny your offer." He would say bowing before sitting down.

Khalik-I-Sabbah

Khalik-I-Sabbah
C-Tier
C-Tier

There goes the director; once again, they spurn from their lips this professional jargon as if just any poor rookie-sap could gleam an understanding from it. First it was talk of Djinn, now its Rukh— and what was with this subtle disgust when she of spoke color? For it wasn't just "Mr. Rukh," but it was "Mr. Black Rukh" as if the pigmentation of this invisible force somehow held some predisposition to her— and not a friendly one at that. Though he did not show contempt, he would have her know in due time that black is fine color, and should be treated just like any others. Besides, baby blue is overrated, and everyone knows it.

Oh, dear was that curtain call he just heard? On this darken stage struck for just two, the director lead the rising star into scene. Her gentle word prods at the base of human ego and rumbles its foundation. Call it fear or call security, its a powerful force nonetheless; one which even takes Khalik's own consciousness on a tour of possibilities. Countless deaths and countless betrayals— many forged in likeness of personal memories recounted— hangs in this rogue's gallery of the mind. Painted with meticulous brush and labored for variables beyond numeral, the very walls the display seems to drown in a hyperactive imagination until finally...  

It goes dark...

It goes silent....

The answer he concluded was quite simple...

It was efficient...

It was effective...

And he quite good at it...

A smile now hangs from his lips, cheerful and bright, yet the shadows that dwell around the spotlight sunk into the face. The rumble of his throat rises in a soft chuckle, "Is this your purpose, Lir?" A jest bereft of jovial air subsides into an ominous silence. Even the once somber strings have  exchanged their humble bowing for a winging sting that seeped into purview with every step Khalik took. Daunting was his stride, for his approach to the music man was one slow and methodical— as if each pace was controlled to the microscopic detail.

Wrapped in his fingers was the steel-fanged viper he held in secret, the blade of his Higanbana.  None would be wary of the flowers true form until Khalik began to tease its metal from the sheathe. Drawn to full by a steady hand, the viper hissed a tune while the wanderer gracefully fumbled with his grip until it finally settled into a reverse grip. By then, he was upon Lir, his blade raised high. Cold eyes soak in his comrade's response be it confusion, anger, or any other array left while he sunk the blade into place...

Its iron-tip embedded into the hardened flesh of the chambers floor, a monument to their deadly dealings.

"There's no rule to this game," a sentiment he softly spoke from his short stint in captivity before, in all his boisterous idiosyncrasy, seamlessly moved to seat himself with a new type of weapon in hand. A mighty weapon which took many hands to forge and many lives were poured into its rotund hilt. It stood at the very epicenter of war, its power unequal, it's— it's— it's just bread. However, it was quite good bread, evident in the smacking produced with just one bite of the rye.

Now, to the untrained eye, this may have been an excessive trust practice... and it is. Surely, a curiously glance would fall to him, be it his director, his co-star, or any other in wings— yet their bewilderment would only garner a shrug till his stuff mouth made room.

"Don't get it misconstrued, I'm no saint with a distaste for killing," he spoke in between chews to the Queen, and only for her. "But wasn't one of the motifs to your tragedy that blood begets blood, or something of the sorts? Besides, I may be eccentric but I'm not tone deaf," he would go on to explain with a twirl of the load. "An irrational murder predicated on faulty logic with evidence weak at best— surely, this sounds familiar— and surely at least two in our company would want me dead thereafter... Perhaps more..." Another bite fills his gob until a sip from his waterskin swept the debree into his gut. "Next time, please refrain from type-casting, my Queen. I can do far more than play a two-bit villian."

Only after a taste for both, did Khalik proposed what remained of the bread— a sizeable chunk— in good faith. "Want some?" Of course, one could not ignore the ominous blade wedged between.

This was Khalik's gambit.

It was life or death— bread or blood— laid before Lir at an equal distance from the other. Let the dastard himself prove his skepticism redundant or not. After all, for as vulnerable as he was, his old Haunt (dagger) strapped to his back only served to lend some credence to his confident yammering.

Mikazuki Tenma

Mikazuki Tenma
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Ipos would speak to them one by one, giving her comments and challenges as well. Within his head, he would recall her question, the one where she asked if they were worthy of her. That was one question that the swordsman felt strange. He wondered if he was worthy of her, but he didn't desire power, her power to be specific. Not now. But was he worthy? Well he had to know what kind of measurement that Ipos had in mind, but he was not worthy at the moment, he was only an observer. But most importantly, how come he didn't notice that Zubaidah was naked this whole time. So the swordsman would take off his blazer and offered it to his companion.

As it was finally his turn, the swordsman would stare with his one eye, listening tentatively to what the Djinn wanted to say. Although, when the Djinn finished sharing her words, a smile would rose from Tenma's lips. The hint he got from the woman was clear enough. But the answer he was about to say in return was not hard for him. It would not be a reckless answer though, it was something entrusted to him and him only ever since he was young. "No, if that's the case then I will gain that strength by myself. That person is my reason to live and I cant afford to lose her, not even the memory of her." It didn't take long for Tenma to give his answer to the Djinn, it was something that he constantly had within his mind, because she was his whole world.

But it seemed like fate was toying with him, not really in a bad way but it was enough to make him instinctively used his exceptional speed to get close to Noir and pull her away from her companion. This Djinn was trying to make Eight sacrifice his partner and since the girl was one of his partner, he had to protect her. Although... the scene in front of him what quite surprising. His eye widened as he saw Eight stabbed Diana with a quick, confident strike. But he would still stand right beside Noir with his guard up, just in case.

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"Pardon me, but I don't think knowledge is a gift. Knowledge is something you have to earn. It can even be a curse for some people." Noir tilted her head as her golden eyes stared right into the Djinn's, her stoic expression would accompany her usual toneless voice. "Knowledge is something we can develop, something that would be powerful if we know how to utilize it, something that can either build or even destroy the world. So no, you can't take a knowledge from me and make me never know about it again. If this knowledge that I am seeking is something that I shouldn't seek, I will let my curious mind and soul to decide what I want to do." She would close her eyes for a second and sighed softly, but she would stop letting out more words from her lips for now.

The magician would turn her head to look at Eight the moment he got his own challenge, she wondered what he would do, wondered how he would act on the Djinn's words. But she would feel herself being pulled away and she would notice it was Tenma who did that. Those several second she took to see who was trying to protect her was being used by Eight to stab Diana, which made Noir gasped when she finally saw that. "Eight!" She would call his name, her face showed a concerned expression.

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

ZUZU MANSUR

Regret is what the mind
Creates when it is stung;
Bitter in choice, not in kind.

She spoke that poem aloud. It was a poem passed down from her father. It was not important, neither tradition nor sentiment attached, but she had learnt an important lesson from it.

‘I am afraid that I cannot agree.’

The lesson she had learnt: one must be sure and certain. She had found that doubt was an enemy more than her friend. If she came to a crossroads, doubt would help in choosing her path. It was but a nuisance, however, when she was already treading her own road. She could not afford to be led astray, once she had her mind set upon a goal.

‘Every man and woman is a star.’

A smile graced her face, wolf’s-bane upon her scarlet lips. She had retired from her private viewing-box, placing the detective’s seat in its place. This was not Ipos’ concert-hall, but a slate which Zubaidah would colour with her thoughts.

‘That is a tenet I hold dear to my heart: every man and woman is a star. I believe that everyone can shine bright, if they realise their inner potential. It may seem a distant thing but, should one pursue their dreams with the right mindset, I believe that anyone can become truly happy.’

In that moment, her smile withered like a dying wisteria. A grimace arose in its place, looking down upon queenly Ipos. Had it not been hers, it would be called something ugly. But she turned it into a cruel beauty, deadly and captivating.

‘You are not granting happiness - would that were your goal - but have become too absorbed in your role, Ipos, that you have crossed the line.’

This was not a reply to her question alone. She was giving the answer to what had been asked from everyone here.

‘You cannot ask that our beliefs and objectives be thrown to the wind. It is an insult to believe that we would give a part of ourselves away.’

Knowledge was her world. It was something she had shaped herself upon. It was the rock upon which she had built her dreams. She had lost friends and family, but the knowledge she had gained from them was proof that they had been there for her - that she had learnt and loved. There was too much to lose, if that rock sank beneath memory's waves.

‘If you do believe that, then I do not care whether you think me worthy. I will not build upon a mountain of compromise. I wish to create a world where such sacrifice is not commonplace. I strive for a world where one can be happy without taking it from somewhere else.’

She was not a detective here, nor even a challenger. She was simply a woman with dreams.

But it seems you, Ipos, cannot give me that.’
mag/mag | word/3053 | stam/stam

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum