You are not connected. Please login or register

The King's Attendants Reborn [Dungeon Beast Plot/Angelus]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

His pipe set alight, Jiryu would sit quietly before an earthen mound. He had come here for these mounds, which held the patriotic dead; these were the graves of men newly-killed, lost within recent wars. As sweet-smelling smoke curled around, he mused upon the calamity that had been war between Kou and Reim. He had not been there, since his duties kept him home. He had heard the war-time tragedy, however, and the many actors retired from its stage. He had regrets because he could not stop that bloodshed but, since the past could not be changed, he would change the future instead.

His wand readied, the white rukh gathered around the kindly Jiryu. With his congregation present, he began his prayer for a better future, “Shahada, my Testament! Oh, great Fate, call out to the champions who would resist the will of the Contractor, and that darkness which threatens this world!"

The King's Attendants Reborn [Dungeon Beast Plot/Angelus] Tumblr_n4vkaeriMc1r4tad9o4_500

The white rukh transformed into gleaming letters, illuminating the darkened earth. With a flick of his wrist, they began spinning until two letters suddenly stopped. A pair of shimmering wings burst forth, the letters turned into twin butterflies, before they flew out from the field towards their destination.

Within the frontier fields, Angelus and his two companions, Alceus and Aureus, would see the white butterflies through the black night. There was something alluring about them, an otherworldly presence which broke the world’s norms. They flew here and there, darting underneath the silver moonlight, free to roam as they pleased. If Angelus and his men followed their trail, they could tell that they were being led somewhere. It felt like they were guided by an invisible hand, led down the old country-roads and invited into the battlefields below.

After a little while, the butterflies would lead Angelus and his men into a field of earthen mounds. It would look plain and unassuming, were they not soldiers of the Reiman military. For these martial souls, however, this was a humbling and unnerving sight. These were the graves wherein their fellow soldiers lay.

“Is war not a calamitous thing?” Jiryu sat amongst the graves, his eyes closed in prayer. “Ah, pardon me. I should introduce myself before I begin rambling,” As he opened his eyes, Angelus would notice his piercing gaze, “For I have known about you, mister, for quite some time. As such, it is only fair that I grant you the same courtesy.”

“My name is Jiryu, and I am known as a Magi. I have been expecting you, Angelus.”

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

It was a dark, ominous, and cold night. Nothing of significance had gone on lately besides the recent events at Ibania. Angelus had come upon a new, promising man who was a familiar face. It was a part Imuchakk man who he had faced against within the famous Coliseum of Reim, and spared on the terms that he were to join the legion Angelus would join. It is necessary for Angelus to be steps ahead of himself and so, he had made sure to recruit a loyal friend who he could rely on. Now was coming to be the time that Angelus were to be grateful for his ingenuity.

Aureus: "Part Imuchakk, huh? I cannot say I have heard much more the Imuchakk people. Only much I have heard is of their height. You are not shabby, just about my height! Hahaha!"

Said the blonde haired pale man, joking with Alceus, the new recruit. Angelus merely looked on into the vast night. It was cold. Perhaps bedtime was soon upon the three. Angelus and the legion he was part of was training here for a moment.

Alceus: "Is that so? Well, I am glad to be part of the squad. Just look at those blades in the ground. What if Reim marched on Heliohapt again? What if the two just became one? Wars could cease to exist under one banner. What do you think, Angelus? Ange-"

It were to make Alceus surprised, but Angelus was staring at some odd white gold light like butterflies. Alceus were to understand why Angelus had been so quiet. It was such an odd occurrence. What are those? Without much need to speak, he rose up to follow the lights. Alceus followed behind while Angelus gestured to come along to see these never before seen butterflies. Aureus were to catch drift too of the situation, so he followed suit behind Alceus. Where are these butterflies leading the three? Angelus spoke very little. However, they all knew the lights guided them.

Angelus: "Who is that.. on that mound..? Careful, men."

Said the leery warrior, his hand on his blade's hilt. Around them would lie the graves of fallen fellow men in arms. It was disturbing for both Aureus and Alceus, but not as much for Angelus. Anyhow, the man on the mound were to raise his voice and greet himself to the well trained Reim legionaries. It seemed the man knew Angelus.

Angelus: "I have never met you. However, you know my name, so I take it you are some sort of stalker or spy. I am unaware of what a Magi is. Why have you led us here, Jiryu? You look foreign. Kou? No wait.. Perhaps Kina? I am part eastern myself so I can tell."

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Jiryu was unsurprised when Angelus placed a hand upon his sword-belt. He was a stranger in all but name, and hardly unassuming with his talk and manners. As such, he spoke soft and clear towards the white-haired Angelus, “Ah, have I placed my tongue before my thoughts?” He was prone to forget, it seemed, that what he knew was hardly common. “Do not draw that sword, mister. Would you not prefer that we talk, rather than fight?”

As he got to his feet, he would stand tall before the discerning Angelus, “I have given my name, but I suppose one word cannot garner trust alone.” As he continued speaking, a warm smile brightened his face, “I called myself a Magi before, but you deserve an explanation thereof. Well, I would best describe our role as king-makers. No, that would be too direct…” He seemed to stop and think for a moment,  “We are merely guides chosen by fate, placing candidates upon the path of kingship. We do not have the power of kingship ourselves, but we grant that power unto others through many means - like the Dungeons.”

He smiled brighter, gesturing towards Angelus himself,  “l am sure you may have guessed, but I wish to grant you such power. I cannot guarantee that it will bring kingship, yet it will surely be the first step upon that path." As he continued, his gaze became sharp as a hawk's talons, "Be sure, however, that you do not treat my offer lightly. I must first ask: are your companions prepared to bear the burden of a king’s vassals?”

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

It was an inexplicable aura the sagely man exuded. It was calming how soft and clear the man spoke. So, the white haired warrior had decided to ease his hand upon his hilt, and place his hand by his side, relaxed. It prompted Angelus' inner curiosity however on what this man of the east wished to discuss with a mere legionary from Reim. Had anyone told others of Angelus? Did Aureus spill the tea? How worrying. Angelus was on edge still with Jiryu but as the man spoke on, soon the worries were to dissipate. Jiryu urged Angelus to not draw his blade, wishing to talk and not fight. Angelus could not help but turn his head on his side and just listen on carefully to what this Magi, Jiryu, had to say. Jiryu stood tall before him.

Angelus: "Magi.. king-makers.. dungeons.. ?"

Said the white haired idealistic man, remembering back on rumors he had heard of treacherous dungeons and the power of Kings being held deep within. It was only but a far-fetched dream or fantasy for Angelus. Never did he ever decide to think about challenging a dungeon one day. However, if true what Jiryu said, did the young prodigy, Angelus, truly have a chance to win one? To acquire great power? Jiryu continued on talking until ending on a vital question directed for his subjects.

Angelus: "M-my companions.. ?"

For a moment, Angelus glanced back at his two comrades, his subjects.

Angelus: "Hmph.. That is not my question for answering.."

Said the cold Angelus, concluding his gaze back at his friends.

Aureus and Alceus: "We are!"

Both roared in unison and confidence.

Angelus: "Good choice.."

Murmured the white haired centurion, lightly smiling.

Angelus: "That answers your question, Jiryu."

Angelus would proudly state while staring deep in the eyes of Jiryu, the Magi. With a cold dark expression and eyes locked with Jiryu's. It could be seen though just by his eyes, that the young rising leader was content in the answers of the two others.

Alceus: "I beg your pardon, Jiryu, but if you are a guide chosen by fate, do you happen to know of the purpose of the rumored shards scattered around the world? I, along with many others, have heard stories of peoples' wills being granted by these shards."

Asked the curious Alceus. Finding the topic intriguing, Angelus spoke up.

Angelus: "I have to say that this is my first time hearing of that. Is this true, Jiryu? I so happen to have a rumored shard on me at the moment. You wish to grant me said kingship, yes? I take it that you wish for me to conquer a dungeon? I were to say that is how I were to be led on the path of kingship. If my will so happens to be to led on the path of kingship, then what can a shard and you do to guide me to my fate? I ponder on if you perhaps know why I wish to lead. If you do not know why then let me state why, Jiryu. I would like to lead my country and the western world to prosperity, to bathe in the light, and I will do anything for that dream."

In a cold, solemn, serious tone, Angelus began to slowly tread up to the very mound that the Magi stood upon with a bright smile. Angelus were to stare inconceivably deep into the eyes of the Magi, Jiryu of the east. With an utterly expressionless dead face, Angelus strode on up to him. His sandal boots pat over and over on the ground of the old field of war. Angelus walked past the rusted swords and remains of a long lost war, to now stand before Jiryu. It was quite discernible that Angelus was a man who walked the light path of fate with an uncommon mindset. It was one of the protective, the unforgiving, the cold, but those who mean well and love their people. It was that of a nationalistic but well meaning figure. It was true that he were to truly do anything, for the western world to be prosperous, shower in the light, and enjoy peace. Angelus believed he had to look out for the people close to him first and foremost before the rest of the world.

Angelus: "If we wish to usher in the light, give me your hand, Jiryu. Let us make a pact and bond to realize that fate."

Lying within the palm of his very hand, a shard of fate twinkled as bright as the stars in the bright skies tonight. Light gales of wind blew strongly on Angelus' white locks of hair in this very pivoting moment for the fate of Angelus and Jiryu, and the world. In the background, Aureus and Alceus looked utterly mesmerized. It was unlike any speech that Angelus had ever given before. It had truly embodied how Angelus felt. In that moment, Angelus' eyes did not sharpen, no, they in fact only looked on so seriously and darker than before. Angelus was in fact very hopeful, but he knew the trials and troubles he were have to face to realize his dreams, so he looked on with a face of realism.

It was just the truth of fate that sacrifices will never not be made. Angelus' eyes intensified but did not sharpen, they intensified with the gruesome reality of fate. However, even despite of fate being gruesome, he knew that the past was sealed but the future could be made better. Angelus was determined in creating a brighter fate with what he was given in this life, no matter what it was. If the Magi touched palms with Angelus, the white haired man would crush the shard in unison with the hand of the Magi to form the bond to guide Angelus to kingship.

Shard of Solomon:

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Some Music:

With questions abound, Jiryu was more than glad to answer them. “Ah, the shards! I know their purpose, yes. It would be better to call them pieces of crystallised fate. Hmm, I suppose that does not make things clearer…” As he glanced downwards, he saw his wand and found a better explanation. “Ah, it would be best to treat them as a helping hand. One can ascend a steep hill without help, but it is easier with the help of a trekking pole. In the same way, a shard guides you on the best route towards your desires.” As Angelus began talking, Jiryu would listen quietly. It was not his place to interrupt him; he was here to judge his worth instead.

But he did not foresee what came next.

His gaze steady, white-haired Angelus approached the magician Jiryu. He tread lightly upon the burial mounds, where his fellow soldiers were laid in eternal sleep. As he came closer, the ground shook and the wind carried ghost-like whispers, as though the dead were hailing their new king. If he were a magician, however, he would be stunned. In the midnight black, the stars had been outnumbered by the shimmering rukh. It looked to Jiryu as though the sky was raining down golden waters, drenching Angelus with their glorious light.

As Angelus raised his palm, Jiryu could not resist meeting it with his own. Bathing in the rukh’s glow, their fingers interlocked and the shard was crushed between them. In that moment, the rukh gathered around them like a golden cocoon, visible to the bewildered Aureus and Alceus. After a lifetime and one second, the rukh dispersed and began flitting around the two individuals. If Angelus looked down at his hand, he could see his palm had been marked. It looked almost like a burn mark, but he could tell that this was something more. Indeed, it seemed that Jiryu had one upon his right hand - and it was exactly the same size and shape. He could see that the long-eared Magi was staring at it intently. Jiryu looked bewildered, but his smile had returned wider than before.

“Ah, that was not expected...”

Angelus’ SoS Trait:

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

It was now sealed, the pact and bond. Angelus were to see and feel a golden light embrace the two men for a moment that felt quite uplifting. Is this the work of fate? How peculiar to the white haired man. Never before did he feel such a feeling. It then were that he were to look at his palm after the light subsided from the view of the two. What emerged from the obscure but hopeful event are twin scars, born by the shard of fate and the guide of fate being present.

Angelus did not smile or make any particular face, but simply were to stare deep at the star shaped burn mark lying within the palm of his hand. Certainly an obscure product of the joining of the men's hands. Angelus rose his eyes up back at Jiryu once more. Rising his hand to lie on the shoulder of Jiryu, the hopeful King were to smile lightly and look back at his comrades observing quietly from behind. Angelus opened his palm out to them to display the star mark on his hand. It was self explanatory to his friends.

Angelus: "So, Jiryu, with that, our pact and bond is made. I look forward to talking more with you. I take it you must be quite a capable man if you are truly a king-maker. I imagine your magic lets you be a peeping tom. I know you will be looking over me, and I will be expecting you to be seeing what I do from here on out. I hope I do not disappoint you. I can be quite a brash person. Do you have any final words before me and my men catch us some sleep? I am rather tired tonight, Jiryu."

Said the marked Reiman, beginning to walk in the opposite direction of Jiryu back towards the camp, just before turning his face back at Jiryu as he concluded his last words for the Magi of the light. Angelus did not wish to chat for very long. If he did then Jiryu could wait far too long to speak to him next time. Angelus wished to cut the chat short and talk with Jiryu shortly in a few months, perhaps when he could do far more for Jiryu and vice versa.

However, for now, Angelus felt that likely both men were yet ready to deliver each other what was expected of them. It came most likely with time as both men progressed further. Angelus was still but a mere centurion for the Reim Republic. Nothing very special was about Angelus beside his high hopes and unyielding mindset to capture his dreams, and perhaps his growing potential. How would this particular hopeful King of white rukh change the world ..?

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Jiryu stood quiet and serious, surprise written across his face. He was quite taken aback, if his silence did not make that obvious. He listened to Angelus, whose majesty filled the night-time air, and felt something stir within his heart. He felt a new emotion which he had not felt before - but he could not fully describe it. “I look forward to your progress, my king.” He could feel his heart was near bursting, torn apart with two ideas. “I am sure we will meet again, if this mark means anything.” He believed this white-haired man was a once-in-a-lifetime figure, who would change the world forever... “I wish you luck in your future endeavours.” ...but he did not know if he would change it for the better, or the worse.

A chill ran down his spine, one he knew that the cold had not caused. He saw Angelus walk away, but he did not stop him from leaving. He turned towards his two companions, and asked that they stay behind instead. “I know you will follow this man as long as you live.” He knew what he had to do. “But do you have the power to support him?” He had known ever since he had asked them to come here. “If you wish for greater power, then answer my call!” He held their two palms in his right hand, his star-shaped scar burning, and shouted these words into the midnight sky, “Oh great Fate, unbind the fetters which enclose the ancient Magic! Release and open!”

A flock of golden rukh surrounded their bodies, enveloping them in a shining cocoon. They could feel their forms shifting, changing like rocks falling from an unstable mountain. One thing stood out in their minds: they would never be the same. As the rukh swarmed about them, reverting their human forms into something new and ancient, it felt like a lifetime had passed. As the rukh dispersed and moonlight shone upon their faces, however, they realised it had been mere seconds. But they noticed something else as well; they were alone in the soldier’s graveyard. There was no sign of the mysterious magician, save a faint whisper in their heads: “You must use this power to support your king...”

“...and to stop him, if needs be.”

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum