Chysanthos Mira
D-Tier
D-Tier

Mira Family Technique: Snake Eyes
Tier: C
Class: Body Manipulater
Type: Supplementary
Range: Medium
Requirements/Drawbacks: The character must not be hindered in sight by temporary blindness or injured eyes before use secondly the character suffers temporary blindness of a 3 post minimum duration after usage.
Scaling: The character range of sight increases by 20 meters per additional 10 stamina paid. Additionally each sustain adds to the length of temporary blindness by an additional post of blindness per sustain.
Sustain: -
Cool Down: 2 plus additional 2 posts per each sustain.
Cost: 20/10
Description: The character alters their eyes to see a creature's body heat or lack there of though temperature instead of sight. This is done by changing the signals that the eyes give to the character's brain. Base sight is 10 meters during the ability usage unless sustained. It lasts until the ability duration is expired. Usage and importance of this ability vary by situation to situation.

Mira Family Technique: Spider's Carapace - Head
Type: Defensive
Range: Close
Requirements/Drawbacks: The character must see an attack incoming before this ability can be used.
Scaling: The character can increase the amount of total blockable damage a tier per 10 additional stamina paid. Caps at A tier damage blocked.
Cool Down: 2 post
Description: The character alters their skin around and within their head and neck by hardening the carbon in that area to form an exoskeleton. The exoskeleton formed by this ability blocks C tier damage unless scaling is used. Usage and importance of this ability is for defensive purposes in combat situations.

Mira Family Technique: Spider Fangs
Type: Offensive
Range: Close
Requirements/Drawbacks: The character manipulates the calcium in their teeth to harden them and forging a pair of dangerously sharp fangs. This is a close range attack ability done by the character biting other personal's or beast's.
Scaling: The character's bite deals additional increase in damage by a single tier per additional 10 stamina paid. Caps at A tier damage dealt.
Cool Down: 2
Description: The character alters their canine teeth into sharp long retractable fangs. This is done by slightly hollowing out their bones to remold and their canine teeth into fangs. Deals C tier piercing damage unless scaling is used. Usage and importance of this ability is for offensive purposes in combat situations.

Last edited by Chysanthos Mira on 14/01/21, 03:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

I'm lagi and I'll be grading your techniques today. Don't take everything literally but I'll just give you a ballpark of what's appropriate.

Snake eyes:

for requirements - " The user's eyes must not be hindered either through damage or temporary blindness."

Scaling - Eyes of the viper: For every 10 stamina paid, the character's range of sight increases by 10 meters. However, each additional scale increases the temporary blindness duration by 1 post upon cooldown.

Cooldown - 1 post " this increases the longer you sustain it so it'll balance itself.

Description: it'll last for the duration of this ability unless sustained. Upon cooldown, the user will experience temporary blindness of 2 posts.  Also, throw in there that you get a base sight of 10 meters with this ability.

Cost: 10/5

Snake eyes range can be medium since you have a serious backlash of using this ability.

Maw: You kinda lost me here, I don't know how that can be used to escape. For a minute i thought you were going to bite the heck out of someone with a giant jaw.

Snake scales: that's going a little too far into gene splicing, might I recommend a trait that gives you a snake-like mimicry where you would be just on the line of being a human and dungeon beast?  You can either crush a shard or plot for it and perhaps the alchemists can do a plot where they specialize in body modifications instead of fully created dungeon beasts. Or it could be your own thing, but this is pushing it a little far.

Spider's carpace

Requirements/drawback: Don't really need to have a timed block, what you can do is "focus on hardening the carbon within the skin around your head and neck area." It's a defensive block, you don't need to take a damage penalty for this one.

Scaling: For every 10 stamina paid, the user can increase the rank of abilities that they can block by an additional tier, capping at A-Tier.

Description: First sentence is fine. "User can block up to D-Tier ability damage with this move. "

^ try to fit that in. A good rule of thumb when you scale this up, you can block some weaker abilities in pieces

For example, if you scaled this up to having a B rank defense with an extra 20 stamina. can block 1 B-Tier, 2 C-Tier, or 4 D-Tier abilities before breaking.

Cost: 10/5

Cooldown : 1 post

Spider fang

Cost and cooldown, same as above

Requirements/drawback: User manipulates the calcium in their teeth to harden them and make them razor sharp. This is a close-range biting technique.

Scaling: For every 10 stamina paid, increase the damage of this ability by an additional tier, capping at A tier.

Description: first 2 sentences are fine. State that it deals D-tier ability piercing damage.

That's all I got for you now, ask away if you have any questions.

Also, you are overdue 1 c tier ability. it's 4 d's and 1 c that you get for free.

Alternatively, if you feel as if you can function with less, you can get 2 additional c tier abilities in exchange for the 4 d's. it's up to you.

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

Adding to the grading above, I would suggest instead of trying for scales, you should try to harden skin or tissue. Perhaps even have a bone shield. You can maybe get away with this with a trait if you make one dealing with absorbing properties from animals or beasts. Could be pretty neat to see done, or like Lagi said plot/shard pop.

Chysanthos Mira

Chysanthos Mira
D-Tier
D-Tier

Hopefully this is better than before. I tried fitting everything as best I could to remold them to as what asked while adjusting them for C rank. Decided to trade 4 D rank abilities for 2 C rank abilities as it fit my ideal better. If I made mistakes please let me know where they are and what I could do to be better next time.

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

Scaling: Scale cost will always be 10 no matter what rank.

Other than that you're good.

Chysanthos Mira

Chysanthos Mira
D-Tier
D-Tier

Adjusted. And thank you for the information.

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

Looks good to me 1/2

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

okay 2/2

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]