Trently
Zafar
Menat
Neppy
Merrze
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] Empty Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] 22/08/20, 12:34 am

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Code:
[b]Job Name:[/b] The Official Birth of Meridia
[b]Job Rank:[/b] A-tier
[b]Job Location:[/b] Meridia
[b]Job Reward:[/b] The Meridian sub-board & Southeast Area
[b]Job Prerequisites:[/b] 60,000 Huang
[b]Job Overview:[/b] The City state of Meridia has grown from small refugee camps into a burgeoning city-state, with the communities spreading outward. Now with the proper work put in it's time dispense some cash and some diplomacy into Meridia. A fund for government workers and those running the various distract needs to be set up.

In the time of Meridia's founding, she'd brought together the 5 major tribes within her lands along with the refugees and fanalis population. With that work, she'd even managed to get the nomadic tribes and small villages to be under her protection, she left their lifestyles untouched as long as they wanted it. With the burgeoning force of protection growing into a large united city-state, she felt proud when years ago they announced themselves to the world as an independent city-state serving under one banner. Even now she was the de facto leader of the forces which lead Meridia. She didn't have absolute power, that's not what she needed. They trusted her with guidance, to enact things their stead while helping those in power. It's what she hoped to do. In this moment of pride was the day they would declare themselves a nation. They had a second city near completion, and now with the funds, she could make em bigger, and better built.

The amount of work already felt like an oncoming headache, she had to raise kids after all too! In order to get the lifeblood of the nation moving, she was going to need to start pushing people out, delegating more and more tasks. After a couple of weeks of planning today, she was going to lay out her entire plan between the 6 representative leaders within the main city of Meridia. Anxiety wasn't much of an issue, but she'd spent months, hell most of this year working on policies. This day didn't feel quite like the big day she thought it would be, the biggest one was yet to come still she guessed.

Sigh. "Maybe I am feeling a little worrisome, normally I don't feel this much in my head" she had thought to herself. The morning was still in it's earliest parts, but it was probably best for the fanalis to get a move on. Merrze would walk over to her desk, looking at the stack of parchment. With her kids, and this she felt drained. She never had a chance to sleep with all this planning and child-raising. She'd roll the dry papers into her hand still covered in raw scars from plentiful papercuts. Placing them in her bag she'd grab her shoulder cape, buttoning the official covering. Fully prepared she could finally head on her way out.

"Let's see how things go" she'd say to herself while opening the door. The sun broke in, it's warmth and abundance of nimbus clouds at least provided a hopeful sight for the morning. The grass gently fluttered, the smell of mildew and wildflowers filled the air, riding the gentle just to say hello to those who were out. The plus was it wasn't a far walk to the meeting hall, most of the government buildings were formed around her personal manor. Out towards the south, she could see the shopping district ahead, there was plenty of work still to be done there but at least people were enjoying it and trading was going well for the most part.

She'd avert her eyes back to her destination, grabbing the iron handle to make way into the meeting room. It looks as if 5 of the 6 representatives had arrived. While no one else seemed to have brought anything it was likely they were carrying questions. She'd approach them, looking them all over an giving her greeting. "Well I'm not the last sorry it took me a second despite being so close, I had to make sure I had all of my affairs in proper order so we don't make this meeting drag out any longer than we need to." She'd say, continuing on "I hope everyone's morning has been fairing well.

Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] 8840820ce6c39776e468afda71444355

The first to speak up would be Zen. "Well I don't mind spending time talking with you Merrze, the Ookami have been with you long enough to trust that you have the people's and the land's best intentions at heart." The young man would joke, he normally had a fierce attitude. They got along decently, he was a strong hunter who did his job well and spoke on the behalf of his clan. He was the father of Mirzan, getting to spend time and visit the boy but neither wishing to stay in a committed couple. Despite his will to work, he didn't have much ambition besides being a basic voice. After all, Merrze was the queen, and he didn't want to be king.

Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] 6a4013975ae926d44e2bb18e501aea10
A deep, but gentle voice would say "My my, things have gone well so far despite the minor hiccups of battles and invasions. As long as you're not sending us out to the battlefield I think most things will be fine." Gyasto had a gentle type of humor but he was a young and effective leader of the Tsering tribe. With his help, their knowledge of agriculture and mountain farming was help and inspired her ideas for vertical farms. She'd ignore his jokes but at least he'd continue his response. "The mornings been fine, I had a wonderful veggie rice bowl for breakfast, the gardens are giving us some great variety right now."

Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] 935af85d421ef6698cfe9c86f67ab080
"Haha, that's true but I'm more of a fan of how much more meat we've had since we've been directing migratory patterns and operating small farms. It helps take some of the load off of hunting parties, I hope none of your budgets gets rid of that luxury!" The raspy voice of the middle-aged Dang was still lively. The half-fanalis leader of the Samat tribe couldn't help but put in an extra two cents. "It's been smooth going so far, we've only dealt with minor gold trade with some of the Kou merchants but you've had just as much experience so I think we can try to work something out."

Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] A55650b200280fb6baee5890a419137a
It was good to see that they had read her note, even the battle-ready Abyasa seemed to be prepared, despite his reluctance for these duties. "I've managed to get the gist of it, while our people mostly wish to stay involved in fishing matters in Firdain we understand the importance of this meeting. There are plenty who are interested to offer their future generations knowledge. We've kept tales to preserves our warrior spirit, fishing, and sailing knowledge but we hope for more."  They were useful people, many of the few that joined her during the Kou wars were great allies. The fanalis knew the Natalegawa tribe's passion would be useful in a all manners of business even if some were slow to adapt.

Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] B6f7aefbee2a7a6c0e8818ca4426816f
"We've already seen some of the benefits, imagine if all the common people have a chance to enjoy things like this." The fiery voice of Amara would save forth as she stood behind her chair, waiting for the meeting to seat herself. The Agate tribe leader was one of the few quick to adopt Merrze's new fashions and methods. Her tribe was many among those enslaved in the majority up until 4 years ago. With seeing a chance for general quality of life, and protection of nomadic peoples she was firmly sided with Merrze. "We've shown our support, I'm just mainly here to make sure the numbers are balanced. I trust you but it's good to see things from multiple standpoints if you ask me." She was good with numbers, having been freed when she was young she learned math from a Kou scholar, and eventually met with Merrze when she united the enslaved of the Agate with the free.

Merrze would warmly respond "Well I can see plenty of you are ready to get to business, must've been only an okay sleep. Well the only one we're waiting on is-" She would be interrupted by the click of the dooring closing, speak of the devil.

Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] E3180f7934915262c9ecb48d9bd2ff3e
"My deepest apology for being late, I couldn't find my cane, I hope I didn't miss anything of dire importance" a sharp voice would say. The town of her language was firm but its how she often spoke. Irosa was a recent acquaintance of Merrze's but she'd been amongst those she saved for some time. She was one of the people freed from Merrze's escape and breakdown of the Reiman spider's compound. She was unsure how old the girl was then, she seemed to be a bit younger than the fanalis but she was certainly competent. "I've my own opinions to discuss but once I'm caught up, or once things get rolling I'll wait for my own chance." She was odd, but she did care even if the masked woman wasn't very good at expressing it.

"Well It's good to see that everyone is here now, we haven't discussed anything in the papers I've brought today so you're Irosa, I hope you're all comfortable because I think we can start getting into the meat of our work now. So first I would like to discuss the matter of governing then budgets and residents. Mainly as this will have the biggest impact on how we go forth and how your duties will come into play. I've managed to come up with what I think is a compromisable idea to handle the governing of the empire and the cities." A mouthful of speech would come out, her hands reaching into her page to pull out the papers for them to look over as she spoke.

With a deep breath, the Lioness would continue. "As we are aware those under the banner we've been wishing to call under an empire are more than just cities but a collection of identities and unique cultures seeking protection or opportunity within our union. Therefore in order to handle control of the nation I've decided in order to split power but allow for different roles to increase city power. Large cities or gathered populace within the Empire will be lead by an elected Warden selected every year, the elected Warden will handle laws and judgment, while a cultural council made of groups within the city will act as a counter-power to the Warden. While the council represents wills of the people they can also put forth laws, but from there the rest of governing is lead to how the people see." In order to prevent confusion, she would continue to explain "The city of Meridia as well know already follows the laws of the Guard and protectorate. So to put it simply, while the cities govern themselves the empire acts as the army and taxation for cities that wish to have technological improvements we wish to bring. Along with this, a council of elected people such as yourselves will exist to act as the counterbalance on the empire scale for the protectorate. While many of you have been supportive of such things there are still plenty of tribes that wish to keep their nomadic lifestyles, so while they may have representative's they will not be taxed or moved from their land unless expressed otherwise."

She'd take a breath scanning around, so far everyone seemed to be in approval. "Now understanding were the money will come from for such projects, I have the roles assigned to make use of current national funds which will, of course, pay you during this time. It's likely it'll take a year to get a proper taxation force set up along with figuring out which area we would need to collect from, the numbers would be reviewed and adjusted on income so that people can still survive with national aid."

Shuffling out papers she would hand out their work, it would be what would build the empire. She builds this city, she had some construction of her own to put in but her council had to get to their own work. As she would hand them the papers detailing political roles she would explain "While you're all in the council I know you have other lives so council members may have two jobs with this one being based on meaning and civil service. I don't expect to meet often nationally so I'm assigning these positions based on what you already provide to the empire in your current work."

To Zen she would say "With your tribe mostly being Nomadic I'd like you to handle Nomadic relations in your work along with the preservation of hunting routes, if we run out of those it'll affect our other paths. And going onto that I move into agriculture and farming." She'd turn over to Gysato and Dang well while she had the chance. "Gy you will take over handling Farming and Agriculture in Meridia, you've managed to show great work and if you continue I believe we'll be able to sustain the growing population. Dang, I'd like you to help lead the Merchants guild and help with the transition of trade and currency."

While they had the chance to read what the tasks entailed she would move forth to Abyasa. "I'd like you to continue to handle things in Firdain. You've done wonderful there and I'd like to have you continue head fishing operations there. With some of the nets we've been making and your people's boats, and techniques it'll help continue booming, we've already seen the results and with proper funding, you can expand, I know it's not ideal but you can at least head or hand them off and also run for Warden of Firdain, I know you care for the people and can manage well my friend." She was unsure which he would choose but if he had the type dipping his hands in both affairs would be useful.

"Amara, I'd like you to be the head of Education here, along with helping create a test so we can create a group of educators. We've seen how much scholarly advances can help, by increasing schools and universities we can increase the capabilities of our citizens. I know how deeply it's meant to you, and hopefully, you'll be able to start building us some proper facilities." She'd deliver with a warm smile as she turned to the final person she had to assign a task. "FInally Irosa, being involved with the Meridian guard I'd like you to help train and collect information for taxation on the nation. While we come to the exact details of how it works we've need you to help train them, along with helping provide a proper code of ethics for them, I'd like the stuff you produce to be put before this council when the time for review comes."

Turning around she had almost forgotten, she had to detail what her main duty would be. "I will head the military along with making sure the nation does not declare war on itself along with using census data to put forth policies and uses of taxes in order to give their best use for the nation. I know its all quite to review but while you know the gist. we have all day to talk."

Word Count: 2,495/2,000

2Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] Empty Re: Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] 15/12/20, 11:01 pm

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Spoiler:

While dawn signaled the start of many mornings Merrze ached for it. As the suns rise would be the sign that her night of work was coming to an end. The work of a queen, of an aspiring Empress, was never that simple. Her aid was clearly far more eager for the tasks at hand than Empress Firdaus was. For weeks now they had been compiling how to manage trade, and pay within their borders. Huang, gold, copper coins, and the occasional cow circulated the market. People had been exchanging things at their own rate, trading how they saw fit. It had worked for now, but there was no taxing, there was no standard of fair trade. Merrze knew mostly of their importance, yet their intricacies managed to elude her.

"Madam? Were you listening?" Irosa would prod.

The fanalis had lost herself within her own bored daydreams. Her eyes rolling back to attention she would respond. "Apologies, back to where you were."

"Thank you," The advisor would continue, adjusting her mask and notes "As I was saying, currently we have no way of assessing the countries assets, managing trade, or even keeping currency in line. We have no rate of exchange, even Reim has these issues with trade. Its hard how each country values its goods. We need to set up a tax, banking, and agriculture departments just to handle all these rates."

It sounded troublesome, yet Merrze also found herself lost in it. Most of the systems on their own focused well enough as is with their department heads. She would respond "Well It seems to me our only issue understanding of product value and how to handle it. Why not just make our own currency and then set rates for that? Can't we just find out how Kou prices things and then emulate their market since we can't mass produce their bills?"

"It's not that simple." She shook her head, firmly responding while tapping the oak table between them. "Our product works differently. With most of our farming, the work is easier with how things are being set up, while meats tend to be of a scarcer commodity still. We also have to worry about the other regions, fish may bay abundant in Firdain, but we have to cure most of its if we wish to bring any of it here to the capital."

She would pick up a pipe freshly backed with clove and medicinal herb. Skriittcchhhhhh Lighting her matches flame against the tables circular shape she would light up. After a deep inhale she would say "There are too many factors to consider, we need to gather goods and understand the economy. We could just force and set new rates, set taxes based on travels or certain things. It's certain to make a few people unhappy but at least it'll give our economy a stable structure for expansion."

It would also make it harder for a lot of the nomadic peoples to maintain their lifestyle. She wanted to respect most of the people who gave their lives to support her. Plenty of the tribes were adapting, but it wasn't that easy to force change upon people. To make them understand a new way of life. She wanted to give them some sort of different option, an alternative. She wasn't sure what to offer if she could just go around and ask everyone.

As if struck alight her face would brighten. An idea, seemingly so simple would come upon her. "What if we just had people go around and ask?"

While the words left her lips smoke would also hit her face. Irosa wasn't sure how to respond at first. Her tongue sharply rolled out "Are you planning to ask them, and if so exactly what?"

It did seem rather silly, yet she felt it better to explain. Merrze would prattle on "Well, we around ask people about the goods, have people who sell goods, how much they've made up that point, having people rotate yearly to gather an understanding. We could then figure out how much we have in the country and price items off of that."

"What about other factors?" Irosa would ask.

Merrze would ponder for a moment. While she tapped she would offer her best response. "Well for the most part, I think we could set taxes for things that may raise cost of goods. Set the value based on the product and allow people to exchange-based on currency and exchange rate."

"Well, then we need to understand how to keep those in line. This could potentially work." She would say, a slight tone of optimism coming to her tone as she would lean towards Merrze.

Once again her advisor would speak, leaning forward as their oil lamps dim flames illuminated her. "We could make copies of the rate document, have it updated every year or so and then force businesses to have it, almost like an operations license." As her ideas continued she would write it down. Her quill rapidly marking as her ears picked up whatever else they may solve.

"We could also try to apply it to services." Merrze would say. "While they could be forced to charge at currency rates people would need to understand the rates to offer them something of similar value, and for jobs, you could offer people currency or goods of an equal exchange rate."

"There is the issue of how some goods or manufactured products may transfer over. We can't force fair trade but we can set a baseline for economics. Most of it plays into the empire's management so we could set a standard business rate but trust businesses to handle it. Surveyors will also tax then based on their yearly income or supply value?"

It all seemed like a lot, there were always problems or possibilities yet this seemed like their best management. They could survey the basic flow of wealth in their country, and they could make sure that nomads could pay with their goods. She could only do so much, hopefully, it was enough.

"Well at least we got a good start, we've been spending all this time just pondering how to solve our issue." Merrze would say, a chuckle following after her lips.

In response, laughter would come from her companion as well. Irosa would smirk, with a chuckle she would reply. "Oh the real works only just now beginning. We have to start drafting up and figuring out how we're going to recruit people. More importantly, we're going to have to figure out their rate of pay, and how to pay them. If we're gonna set our own bills to try to keep people's wallets in line we'll need some wealth to represent that as well. We have ideas but we're gonna have to start drafting things down and getting it all set up. We'll also need to decide how we plan to set up offices."

With her solution, she brought upon herself more work. She had hoped to avoid the paperwork, her penwork was better at laying out designs or ideas, not jotting down her thoughts. Maybe she needed a secretary, but now wasn't the time for day dreaming. She longed for rest, and this was the quickest path to it.

"We could also use the surveyor's base of operations, or mainstay for the workers to also have a bulletin for requested works or tasks. I imagine it would be a good place for bounty hunters and the likes to put their information out there as well." Merrze would suggest, waving the falcons feather she used as pen.

"That's an excellent idea my Akitdaoh, you can jot that down with the other information that you shared with me as well." Her response waved off Merrze, who would ignore the disrespect.

She was hoping to hold a conversation, yet the only kind they would be able to carry would ones about work. It was good that the advisor and future head of national trade and labor was so duty focused at least. Most of her past only held the troubles of forced worked. Before having only been subjected to using her body, she now used her mind to help their country work more efficiently. They could understand the rate of work, and employ people at their own rate. As she wrote down her ideas she'd continue with that. She could trust her to handle the economics, to make sure the budget and funds went to using the nation's work force and resources to keep the nation running. Merrze was the brain, but her people were very much the organs of this empire body.

Drifting into their writing they would also drift later into the night. With quick writings, and barely managed markings would paint the paper as the stars painted the sky. Both shifting in their images as soon the midnight blue sky would release its' dark grasp on the sky. With the gradient sky inviting the day as breaking red and streaking orange screamed through. The sun's piercing glow illuminating the violet tapestries and carpets of their study. She dreaded the nights' work, yet after getting in the flow they had finished and brought forth slumber quicker than she had thought.

With just barely enough energy left in either of them they would prepare to say their adieus. Merrze was the first to respond, speaking as she would hand her documents over. "These should be more than fine I believe, I hope you can understand the writing. I'm going to make my way down the hall down to my room if you don't mind." She would chuckle, a rasp following in her normally warm voice.

Irosa would puff out a cloud, on the fourth packing of her pipe she kept strong smoking into the night. Her body seemed to slouch slightly yet there was no tiredness to her tone. With the same sharpness and formality as always, she responded to Merrze. "I'll get this drafted up, once we get boards and work set up for surveying we can begin work. Minting and managing money for this all is going to take some time, but we can at least get our information system set up, and we can get our surveyors gathered and trained. My first real assignment and already giving me a mountain, I'm going to need my rest so I hope to see you soon Madam."

A bow would follow as she would turn around, her formality always seemed to be pleasant and honest, but it also felt sickening or intended to burn those that the advisor spoke to. Leaving her thoughts, and the area Merrze would go to her place of slumber as her abodes door would slam with Irosa's leave. As she rushed out the door like the wind Merrze would rush to her dreams.

Days slipped into night, and nights into days as those days became weeks. During the time in which Merrze would set up her various other meetings, they managed to set up a small corps to survey the city. They had to go further from there but before they could expand they needed that small office. With the Surveyors Guild now established in the heart of the capital, they could gather information, but they could also give it out. Soon people were quick to post notes or letters for quick jobs outside. Within only a couple of weeks, they would have to include an additional notice board inside for visitors just to keep information from overflowing. They also began production of the mint, creating bills from hemp of a purple/pink variety. Utilizing ink and stamped imagery in the process to include it in the material, to permanently mark them with the image of a Lion, Skywhale, Merrze or other Board Members.

.Merrze had trusted her with this hub of information. With its control and its people they would be trusted for setting up the structure of Meridia through a fair understanding of its people, of its struggle. All systems made by man were flawed, but if she wanted to create a utopia, they needed to make one on trust. They needed to make one of honesty and understanding so that all could have an honest living within the empire. It was hard to control so much, but she could at least ensure that all within her protection had the right to work, the right to live. She wanted to give the lives to her people after all.

Wordcount: 2,090/2,000

3Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] Empty Re: Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] 31/01/21, 03:26 pm

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Spoiler:

It was always early morning to get work done, but then again this was work that couldn't be done in a single day. She alone had spent a couple of months just designing it. She was great at planning, but she wasn't an architect. Designing a palace that transitioned into a meeting hall was a grand project, she'd even build behind and around part of the city. During the construction her children and herself would be spending time in a camp just on the borders of the city, it was a bit crowded but they slept well in her large tent. While most of them would be resting she was sure some of them would come to pester the workers or join her on the tour as they began to build her new home.

It was going to be so much more than that. The center, the main palace the connected on the grounds would be the place of residence. The palace would be a massive multilevel building with rooms for her kids, and the staff that lived there, which would lead into the connecting halls. In the shape of the halls, a giant cross shape would form, stretching out to separate the grounds into four separate sections with walls all around connecting to form a square around it. The walls and halls would hold different rooms for cater and care. But at the corners of each wall, there was to be a grand tower. Each tower would serve a separate purpose, to help manage the flow of Meridia, to keep its policies in place.

The rear right tower would hold military drills, studies of military practice, and hold to efficiently train the military in submission tactics, and fatal tactics in case of invasion or hostile enemies. It would transition leading to the rear left temple. That tower would end up housing the Education Administration. There would be a college, winding into the sky with its construction. She wanted to build other universities across the country but this would be the start, they would also handle coming up with basic education for Meridians to learn from either their parents or through schools. Then came the front two towers, which would help provide a backbone for the nation. The Front Left tower would house the Guilds Association, from the agriculture and farming industry that was quickly growing, to work for adventurers, artisans, and of course the tax administration. Then came the final place of housing, the right front tower, the Embassy. There was where they would discuss political matters plaguing the nation, to hear the words of those within their lands, to help with relations with the tribes, with foreign powers, and eventually the other wardens of Meridia as the empire expanded.

It really was a feat of grand design, she was lucky to have magicians on her side, she was lucky to have a dedicated workforce. She had decent design skills, her engineering was better than her architectural skills, but that's where the builders, the other construction artisans assigned to the task would do the heavy lifting. Good pay would come their way, Merrze knew what she was capable of, but also where she fell flat. It was through the collection of talented individuals that a leader would truly excel. It was one of the most ignored qualities of a leader.

[i]sigh[i] "I guess it's time to focus more on the project."
The parchment would crackle as she rolled up the blueprints to put them away. The Lioness would venture into stone and wood, to make something more than a manor.

The sand accumulated slowly, filling the glass with what felt like grain by gain. As the grains gathered, they began to pass the time great. As the hourglass poured days turned into weeks as weeks turned into months, as even those began to pass by too quickly. Even with the power of magic, such a grand palace was something that would drain time in order just to craft a skeleton. Her home was built, but there were no beds or proper places of rest.  The servants' quarters would have to be put in place before she could move. They were valuable, they would help keep the entire complex operating, and that was something she wouldn't let go underappreciated. They had built the towers, the back left was the Sunset Daisy tower, the back right tower was the Scarlet Rhododendron Tower. The front left would be called the Marine Magnolia tower, and then came the front right tower which had earned its self the nickname the Emerald Geranium tower. Each named after a flower to hint its true purpose, each named after the primary color scheme for their interior design.

She would walk their halls, it was only proper that their halls be decorated with bouquets of their namesake flowers. There would of course be all sorts of plants surrounding the edges of the palace. From small sprouting flowers to bushes and tall standing trees. Nature would surround every aspect of the palace. Their place in the world had no right taking from the animals all around them, so she would let the ecology flourish and grow. Certainly, it was beginning to work, as the gardens began to fill with all sorts of flora, inviting with it fauna. From birds to small rodents, reptiles, and of course above in the sky, her friend Erydyn the great Skywhale. Giving a gentle wave to the Sky Beast, and the birds it would blow away with a mighty huff as they tried to rest on his head.

"Be careful there Birdies, he'll eat you if you get too close, and it's about his lunchtime." Would part her lips, along with chuckle as they fluttered away.

Enjoying the quiet moment the fanalis would further continue her walkthrough of the grounds. While the basis of the garden was already being planted, she contemplated the design because that was her current task. That and make sure the design elements fitted into place. With a paper in hand, she had been jotting down ideas, the flowers and their potential placements on the exterior, how they could transition into the different flowers for each tower as the halls opened up. It wouldn't be too difficult to get most of them grown and in place, the magicians would be able to connect the vines of the flowers to the soil surrounding the garden. There would definitely be enough moisture as each square within the palace grounds would have a spring providing fresh water for the complex and for surrounding the pseudo-ecosystem that was beginning to form.

As the quill would begin to scratch down the last of her notes and designs a sharp tear of the parchment would follow as she separated it to give to the head gardener. "Over here, you with the rose bush" She would bark, trying not to sound, in order to get a worker's attention.

"Yes M'am?!?" He would say a little shocked, walking over there in order to see what the queen had wanted.

He was shaking, alright, it was time for the mother to soothe him as she assigned his task. "You seem like a good worker," she would same in a gentle voice "Can you bring these design notes to the head gardener, this is what I want put in place for interior flower and plant designs along with some general design elements for the surrounding towers. This is important stuff that can't be lost, can I trust you?"

The motherly aura helped a little, but pressure still caused him to stutter and shake when he replied "Y-y-yes your highness! I can go run it to him right now, these roses are just to go around one of the peace t-trees so I'll rush to get both done!"

"Thank you, I hope you travel well." She would say passing him the notes, as he ran off she would wonder to herself why he would try to explain so much to her about his work. Shrugging off his shy behavior there was only ensuring that each tower was in the proper path.

Between each of the towers, they would be constructed in similar manners, in order to maximize space and allow for airflow in the palace. There would be windows and arches to help guide the wind, while each tower would reach high into the air with wide-open floors, with round construction. There would be some alteration to how their rooms would shape, but there would be no doors, at least except for secure or private rooms. Anything public, however, would have a wide-open view in order to allow for freedom, to enjoy the light of the light, and to carry the torches at with the luminescent-painted bricks. The towers would be lined with plates on the ceiling of their color palettes, with the same time of special paint so that at night the torches or lanterns light would reflect acting its slight flow in the dark qualities. These finer parts would take some time, it was arguably possible that it would take just as long as the actual building of the palace.

"Good work today, each team managed to layer most of the painted tiles through the towers ceilings, along with getting murals painted along most of the interior walls. Sure it'll take time to get the interior buildings and the exterior but you all should be proud, most of you have grown from great workers into true craftsman, I hope that we can celebrate nicely when its finished, but keep in mind, its only the first step in all of the festivities come." She would say as work would finish for the night, some would be here in a few hours, those that were currently resting. But from midnight to 3 am the grounds would empty, except for Merrze.

The fanalis would roam, like a ghost, drifting through its' last place of rest. It wasn't that she was dead, or drained, she in fact felt lost in how she had moved so far in her life. She spent three decades on this, her kids were getting older, and she was only just aware that she was pregnant again. It was fast-growing, and she worried as she barely remembered her midnight encounter with an indigo giant.

It would take four months for the palace to finish from the day she finished the garden designs. The great golden and white palace was covered with vibrant and vivid gardens, with equally as captivating paintings. Statues were still on their way and still had to be made but that wasn't much of her care. There were beds, there were rooms, and today was moving in day for most of the palace. It wasn't the end road, but it was a bulk of their work, there were more projects in the nation there were still being built, that would need the palace project workers attention. As she would welcome the palace staff, and dismiss the construction team she would raise a toast.

A crystal goblet sent as a gift to commemorate the palace building raised into the air. It was filled with fine juice, she didn't trust talking any brews so far along with the growth of her child. She appeared far too pregnant for how long she was, and to avoid winces of pain she would make her toast. "I thank you all for the work you all put in, I'm happy to have so many wonderful people coming to live on the grounds, I will miss those who I have toiled, and planned with in order to make this project a success. While this isn't the last of the parties you'll see I hope you enjoy it. The chefs have spent quite some time making the meals, and enjoy the ale, mead or wine. While I can't partake, I'll be over by the food table checking out the roasted boar."

After her small toast, she would go over to grab some food. People wandered through the giant grounds, from the halls and gardens and lanterns strung up around turning it into a festival almost. It would help give her some idea of when the empire was finished in its founding, but today she would just relax. There would be no more stress on the nation's work, of making everything look beautiful and powerfully presented.

Water, water would touch her toes. There was the stress as her pain would grow immeasurable. As the fanalis noticed, her water had broke.

Wordcount: 2000+/2000

4Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] Empty Birth of the Bears 01/03/21, 08:20 pm

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"GGAHYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!" Merrze would roar, throught her chambers, throughout the entire palace.

The party had faded, the laughs had died and the guests had all left. The Lioness would remain, as pain would dance on her nerves, burning her frame. The pain had been great, but never like this before. It burned her womb, her bones, birth was a pain she knew, yet this had triumphed any of her others.

"HghhAghh!" she would groan as the contractions abused her body. The midwife before her helping, tired as she had been there for 2 hours now. Why had this pregnancy been so premature and painful? She couldn't understand but the middle-aged woman would encourage her.

"Keep it up, I see the baby crowning, it seems to have a lot of hair." It had more than hair, it had size as well. She could feel as the child began to exit, and it felt as she was being torn in two, her ribs were breaking from the force alone.

As the pain would number senses, the world would be greeted by a young girls first hello. "Wayaahhhhhhaaahaaahhh!" The baby would scream, but it would die soon as the midwife wrapped it up in a towel, cleansing the child and snipping the umbilical cord. Merrze however, would keep screaming.

"GAAHHHGGHHHHH IT FEELS AS IF I'M GONNA BREAK!" she would plea, she wasn't meant to bear the children of an Immuchak even if she was powerful.

"I'll be My Lady, it appears you're giving birth to another child as well." the midwife would chime in

"Another?!? I can't handle anothe-AGHGHGGGHHHHHHHHHH!" Merrze said.

She wasn't wrong, if she kept up like this it could lead to blood loss and internal damage, she needed to make her body accommodate. Biting her own lip she would drink the golden blood of her own beast. As her cells began to scream further they would heal the damage and grow her frame, the beast had awakened. It was a strange sight, but it would ease her pain as a boy would follow. Before she would have the chance to revert, a pain would follow along with another baby girl.

"Triplets... she would say, tired, pale as all of her energy was gone and her size reverted back to normal. Sounds would fade from her ears as the midwife urge and rushed others to get her water and food before. They needed to stabilize her, in that moment she couldn't help but look at them, naming them in order of their birth.

"Mana, Maze and Mara, my three little bears...."

5Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] Empty Re: Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] 01/03/21, 11:55 pm

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Code:
Job Name: Tranquility and relaxation for the people
Job Rank: A-tier
Job Location: Meridia
Job Reward: The Violet Gardens
Job Prerequisites: 60,000 Huang
Job Overview: In a large acre area surrounding the area where the town hall was, and the palace now stood finishing it's constructions, about 4m lower beginning where the palace gardens ended and the paths outward began all the way to the spots for the four garden towers is plenty of land. With proper investment, land reforming and magical terraforming create the beautiful jungle forest fit for the area to support the diversity in the free acreage leading to the vertical farms. This gives plenty of wonderful and beautiful space for people from the city to visit.

The palace had gardeners, but this was a task that took so much more. It took planners, gardeners, magicians, and even her own Djinn. The gardens above, wrapping around the palace towers would be perfect for the setting of the surrounding acres, they were leveled just slightly lower 3m to be exact, but the wide expanse was perfect for putting in seeds. Not just any seeds either, gardeners had voyaged to the farther reaches of the nation in order to bring the densest, and most lively jungle fauna. The plants would be placed in accordance to how the planners and Merrze had designed them out so that natural paths could grow.

She would watch, overseeing the planting process as small groups of magicians were being gathered. The sun's red smile would barely have passed, most were still tired despite being used to waking at sunrise. Merrze was tired from the days with her children, days in the meeting hall, and days out working. She hoped exerting herself so much didn't lead to an early grave. It's good they were putting these gardens in, it would be a grand place for the people to relax, to commune with nature. This was a good way so that she wouldn't have to go far from home in order to exhale her thoughts.

Even with the good ground, they were making it would still take weeks just to get everything planted. As the toiled and toiled away Merrze would agree she would have to do her own part. It was always a fun sight for the people to behold. She was slowly beginning to glow, as her mother's bracelet would glow and the Djinn's chant would part her lips.

"Oh Djinn of Growth and Vitality allow me to create life anew! Infest the world with the power of the living to rid the world of all that is vile! Grow, Buer!" As the words would part her lips the magic would grow, her magoi causing it to take shape and change her body. It had been quite some time since she needed to properly use it but the feeling never felt old. In a matter of seconds, she would turn from the fanalis leader in a green goddess, a real master of nature. While many of the magicians would be focusing on creating sections of the garden she would have to some heavy lifting on her part.

She would float into the air, flying around slowly above the rowed areas. The plants around her waist would open their maws, using her own magoi she would chant, commanding the magic within to produce spores. The green snow would spew forth to cover the ground and nourish the plants, causing some of them to sprout. She would utilize it to start the growth and spur it, and from there they would work with it in order to increase their growth, but keep them stable as well. As the plants began to pop their heads she would encircle around the palace, taking her time. It would take some time if she wanted to get it done properly. It would take hours in order to take proper laps around the compound but it was worth the ambition.

By the time the sun had reached the end of its' cycle, she had already performed 4 laps around. It had lead to quite a good start, but it was only that, a start. She had to take a break earlier in the day for lunch, so as not to tire herself and run out of magoi. There a few times she had to take a break from her flight in order to conserve energy. Her djinn was powerful, and it could help her make a jungle but she was a fanalis and magic was not their forte in practice or in proper fuel. Tired to the bone she could at least hold pride in how beautiful it was starting to look.

A small field of sprouting palms, grasses, mosses, bushes with berries popping their heads all around the palace. As a sigh parted her lips she decided that maybe it was best to get some sleep. It was a nice little prairie at the moment, but if it were to become like the rest of the lands within Meridia it would need to become a true eco-hotspot in order for the peoples more native to feel more at home.

It was strange how dark it was deeper in the jungle. It had been a month since the project commenced. Buer's magic resided in most of the plants but in order for them to properly grow and not wither without the magic they needed to be cultivated for the ecosystem to be stable, they needed to raise sections bit by bit. The paths were well lets as the canopy of leaves the trees formed let light peek through, but those who ventured in the brush would see a world well hidden from the light. Dark verdant growth blocked a lot of the center, but farther out the plants only stood waist-high, the trees needing the most help from the rukh.

Pushing her head out she would be happy to see the sunlight. It would shock her senses for a moment but would be well welcome. Its warmth caressed her skin. Even with winter in most of the world, she could enjoy these nice warm temperatures. She would mutter to herself while pulling a centipede out of her hair "Maybe it wasn't the best idea to see how the plants looked inside the brush but at least it's good to see insects are already finding their way there too."

When she had exited she would find herself before a small team of magicians. about 4 of them standing around a large section growing plants. They seemed concentrated in their spell chanting, but the rustle of leaves would catch their attention, causing a couple of them to turn their eyes towards Merrze. One of them took a second, but the other knew exactly who she was. With a flustered bow, he would stumble with his staff "Y-your highness! I hope we're doing all well!" As some of the others seemed to get worried Merrze would gain control of the situation quickly.

Before anyone else could fumble she'd say "Keep up the work, looks like you're doing good I'm just here to do my own part as well, is it just you lot out here at the moment?" She'd ask, walking by, looking around to see if there were other groups but they really did seem to be the only ones around at the moment.

One of the older ones, a woman with grey hair would speak up "Most of the other groups are on lunch, we're only out here because fumbles here got hungry hours ago so we ate then, so know we're left working on our own." Her voice had a slight harshness to it, but it seemed they all roused each other as another would speak up and say "You needed the rest too, can't be mad at him for wanting to eat or your old bones might've collapsed from all this casting."

As he would snicker another woman would speak up, attempting to control the group. "You all seem to have a lot of energy for smack-talking maybe you can use that for the actual spells before you make these shrubs look anymore sad." As embarrassment appeared on the two young men they would get back to the chanting, raising the staves as if guiding the plants to grow with the actions as well as their rukh.

"Hmmhmhmhmh" Merrze would snicker, biding them goodbye "Well, I'll let the lot of you get focused on your work again, I should probably get back to it myself. It was nice to listen to you all talk, it's nice to half friends amongst your workgroups."

She would walk past them, letting them focus on their work as their efforts would begin to show effort. Their trunks, branches, and bushes would sprout even higher. Turning from saplings into young trees, they were plants that could reach towards the heavens but even in their adolescence, they dwarfed most man-made structures. Their leaves provided shade and election for the light. As they had done their best she could hear a cheer rise from all of them. As her head turned she could see them all showing gratitude, and distaste as the energetic male tried to hug the younger woman. She wished she had more moments like that, but she had her family, she had her duty.

As she could only begin to think of how tiresome her own day would be the other groups would be coming back from lunch. Laughter and vibrant voices could be heard all around. Even if she didn't have too many of these moments for herself she felt joy in the fact that she was able to build a place like this. So many of these people were on the go or pressed lives only years ago. Vibrance and life were beginning to bloom in tandem in Meridia, it seems her dream was coming true.

A vast spider web of moss-covered paths would wind throughout the jungle that now surrounded the palace compound of Meridia. Amongst the tallest of jungle trees, violet flowers would crown them, blooming and emitting their sweet fragrance over its entirety. They were calling it the violet gardens but it truly was like a miniature biome of its own. It took three months to cover the land and cultivate it with magicians, there was already an abundance of life in Meridia, but by concentrating it, she made a garden that exemplified some of the most beautiful parts of the nation. People were already invited to enjoy in its beauty, it was still in the process of putting in proper fencing so people didn't wander off, but there would also be caretakers that would build huts in treelines.

Caretakers would also be guards, it would be a process to pick the best team to handle it, she wanted to be involved in the process herself but Merrze knew it was best to leave it up to the agricultural team. Right now it was best the Queen spent her time in rest and relaxation. She was tired, so tired from all the work that raising a nation and family up brought. It was nice to see how the families were enjoying the garden. Her own family had been brought to enjoy it as well, the sun was out but there was also a nice breeze. While the tree blocked most of the wind the cool air seeped in, setting a nice temperate feeling.

She could see Merzan swinging through the trees, how Merlin studied the animals drawing them in his book. He was sure Menat had already found someplace in the Jungle that she had liked. The twins were in the tree above and the triplets rested on her lap. While they slept and snored she couldn't help but smile and stroke their heads. Her eyes would scan around as the firm bark would provide decent support and the moss a pillow. It had given her some small level of comfort, but this moment brought her true relaxation. It was already a nation in birth but each and every day felt like it needed to be cherished.

She had lost so many days to battle, so many days to her own injuries and pain. How long till someone would try to take this peace? To ruin this peace like people often did in their own desires. She had heard rumors of paradise in the past, was it really just a dream? She couldn't help but get lost in her own questions and thoughts. She remembered back to when she was a young girl, back when she had first seen the city of Reim. The joy she had felt when she flew with Lagi across the world to Kou. It was strange for her honestly, but her joy was now blooming like this jungle.

Wordcount: 2,200/2,000

magoi: 220/240

Djinn:

6Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] Empty Re: Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] 04/03/21, 12:12 am

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Code:
Job Name: Stabilization of the three rings
Job Reward: The Forest Three Rings
Job Overview: Circled around the forests the city of Meridia is structured in a three-ring format, with the rings connecting to the forest being the Merchant and shopping district where artisans and tradesman can perform their work. Next is Housing and education ring, in which people's houses are kept, along with standards goods shops, schools, and universities. The final ring was the farm rings with the lower levels having livestock. With farm towers in place put the funding and work to build levels and buildings around towers so the rings can grow vertically and take up less ground space.

The biggest project in the city of Meridia was by far the three rings. It had helped that most settlements were in the form of tents in the beginning years, it allowed for the setting up of business locations without the demolishing of homes. Now, this was something further, they would have to plan out districts in three, well-sectioned bands. Each would be of significant density but the most challenging aspect was it's a contingency for space usage. Merrze had seen how spreading lands out had taken land, taken away from nature. Even within bringing gardens to the nation, there would be some who still chose to build with brick, to take more from the earth, so she planned to build with nature to build the rings vertically on massive jungle trees. This was a project that would continue most likely after her demise, as it was meant to grow with the city, with the people.

Step!

The three rings would be separated based on certain criteria to decide what buildings were allowed to be built in them. They would be connected by roads from the cardinal directions from the palace. Each ring would be built with its own roads, with its own style of design based on their need, or designer's interest. There seemed to be a lot of upstart and freelance architects taking up work on the numerous projects within the grand scheme. Thankfully most of them would be built with stone, and all would fit a simple requirement. They were meant to built in accordance to the tree supports. The jungle trees had the potential to grow hundreds of feet, even with the magician's help there wouldn't be a need or time to grow them that large, but eventually, they'd get there. Planting had started as early as the garden planning for the palace.

Step! Step!

With all the work that had already been done Merrze had to oversee the construction. While her djinn was valuable to the fertilization and growth acceleration of the jungle plants she had to take a more bureaucratic this time around. Her job was to make sure the transition process easier. While things had been somewhat smoother because of their early city planning there would still be some people moved, some wooden houses pushed out as the land was expanded to deal with an exploding population. It was difficult, she had hoped she could've had a more direct hand in the work for this project but the people had proved frustrated. She wanted to make the people would adapt, that they would learn to love their new homes, their city.

Step, Step, Step, Step!!

She had hurried down the steps of the palace, through the road towards the first ring to prepare for the first of many meetings today. To top it off, she had fallen asleep after cooking breakfast for her kids, things were starting to catch up with her it felt like. She had already spent so many days in between jobs. Now she'd spend days in between planning solutions, maybe it wouldn't be so much different than spending time with her children. The first meeting was with an elected representative for the merchants and artisans of the first ring. The first ring would focus on places of economics, to purchase services and goods or general work for the city besides agriculture-related pursuits, or education.

Thankfully, with her speed tired or not it wouldn't take long in order to reach the stone hall that was still under construction, a tree about 30 feet tall was inside it. Scaffolding hung of the tree with stone workers on it placing brick as a pair of magicians floating above would gently guide the plant, seeming to discuss how to guide the branches. It seems like they had some solid planning at least, she wondered what the issue was.

"You're late!! Is this any kind of behavior from a future monarch!" A voice would crassly complain as the fanalis turned the corner of the meeting room.

It came from a short, clay-tanned man with a thick, tumbleweed beard and eyebrows weighing his face down in anger. Anger fumed from his mannerism as well, he sat wide-legged with his vest open to reveal his bare, bear-like chest. He seemed to lack any distinguished behavior, however, it seemed he had preferred beverages as empty wine glasses would sit on each end of the table, as servant stood on the side of its oak frame with a decanter ready.

"I'm not sure you should be judging when you seem to be lacking in proper manners yourself, I apologize for showing up, you're right it's unexpected but a leader has plenty of responsibilities, but thank you for doing us the favor of preparing refreshments, I'm guessing you knew how much of a headache this would be." She would say, taking a seat across from.

As the servant would pour glasses for both of them he would angrily retort "Yes it is quite a pain to deal with such reconsideration, that is the very reason for our meeting today!"

Merrze had dealt with enough angry, self-centered men in her life, but she needed to humor him before she could truly understand him. Just because he was unreasonable it didn't mean that his complaint was.

She would way speak slyly, taking a sip of her wine "Oh, please pray tell, I'm happy to handle the concerns of my citizens the best I can. I do what I can do to offer equitable opportunities so that we can have a balanced society."

He seemed bothered by her attitude, or by her as he seemed to roll his eyes slightly but he would continue, elaborating on his complaint. "After some discussion with some of my fellow tradesmen and the merchant association we've decided that we need more planning space for our ring in order to properly house our buildings and handle a flow of operations. We simply just need more area for our horizontal planning than either of the two rings!"

"That explains the what but not the why what is the issue with the current planning everyone should be able to properly allocate space within their rings. Could you elaborate on why we need to steal space from the others?"

"It's simple!" He would say, prattling on "we need the area to properly space our buildings. If we don't make our buildings wide we won't be able to support the trees and properly support the height!"

"How come, it seems to be working fine right now?" the lioness would ask.

The representative retorted "that's simply how it is!"

Merrze would think for a moment, she already oversaw some of the planning outside. She knew better than most what the point of the supports was, she had studied construction when she had to siege compounds or sneak in. They were widening the base of the tree and branches in or to disperse the weight and gravity and also create a base of support. Building wider buildings wouldn't help, and more so, it was possible already with the current space.

"You must take me for a fool," she would say "I've already overheard some of the planning, and I'm the one who calculated the infrastructure plan, albeit it been checked over and over I don't believe the guild heads I hire to check over it as well would have any reason to lie to me. It seems as if you are trying to play on ignorance in order to claim more for your people. Even with your wider buildings, you can simply move to vertical space quicker. We can always focus on tree development and resource allocation to build you up if business grows exponentially. Or does there happen to be an issue with that as well?"

There was silence for a moment, it seemed as if she was right. Not just from the silence but from how the anger beat his face like the summer sun. Ripe like a tomato he seemed to show a modicum of self-control as his lips pursed in order to hold back a scream. It would be a couple of minutes, giving Merrze the moment to take more than a few sips of her wine.

"No your Highness, there shouldn't as long as we get our buildings built" He would say, his words coming past grinding teeth. All he had was anger and his trade, and clearly, that wasn't swindling.

"Well, unless there's anything else, I'll leave you to enjoy the rest of your win, I have a few other appointments that I have to attend to" Merrze would laugh as she left.

The only thing he had to offer was frustrated grunts and sighs as the lioness would walk out of the building. Hopefully, there would be more genuine complaints from the other two rings. Thankfully, it seemed as if there weren't many complaints in each ring, or at least that was what she had heard. It was likely that they would be more serious if legitimate this time around because of the lack of quantity. Now she would be making her way to the housing and education ring. There were plenty of different facilities for learning, such as martial and intellectual-related pursuits. She was expecting the complaint to come from the people, from people blending in the communities. Yet, by the sound of it their common respect of nature and strength reverence brought many of them together, this complaint brought her to plot designated for a university.

There was almost nothing built here, but there was an impromptu camp set up on the grounds, she wasn't sure who she was looking for. There seemed to be a clear area to check, there was a group of four surrounding a table with blueprints. Most of them donned robes except for the one in brown pants and a crimson cloak. After closer inspection, it seemed to be a young woman, dressed in the masculine clothing of the Agate tribe.

"Hope everything's going well, I've been running a little late today so I apologize if I've hed, everyone, up!" Merrze would say, hoping to start this meeting off friendlier than the last.

"You're right on time your highness, I'm Samara, I'm the one in charge of this building project. There hasn't been too much issue but with all the housing we were just wondering if you could answer us what was the plan, how are we going to decide what space will be used for learning facilities" the Agate woman would say.

It was a rather simple issue, but it was one that had gone unanswered. So many people got lost in the moving process alone. A lot of the homes were put in communal apartments with bathhouses nearby and private housing distracts as well. With all the focus on that everyone was unsure how to populate the areas with universities and schools.

"Well, there seem to be certain sponsors for most of the colleges, I'd say try to section 1 for each per district, even more institutions come into play set up a petition system. We can encourage training but we need a proper base and funding before we build any and all requests." Merrze would say, the Democratic process did great for simple things like this. If people had more say in what their community could enjoy they'd feel more fulfilled.

"Alright thanks, I'll have my team draw up some plans and get that exact information for you. I believe there are 4 major groups sponsoring it besides your own engineering schools" Samara would say.

"Sounds good" replied the queen "have them send a copy to my secretary Ping."

The fanalis would wave her goodbye as she moved onto the next issue for her day. She'd be meeting directly with one of her council members, Gysato a member of the Tsering tribe. It would take her some time to reach him, he was at the very edge of the third ring, it was designed to house the majority of farms and pastures. By the time she had reached him the night was edging onto the capital. She was tired from walking, but at least this was her last duty for the day.

"Akitdaoh, it's good to see you, I hope your day was pleasant" the young man would say as Merrze found him alone on a mat with a teapot. The farm towers seemed to be setting up nicely, most of the fruits and vegetables they were planting should've had no issue with the altitude. She wasn't sure what the issue was, but if Gysato was out here wanting to talk to her it meant it was either trouble or something they'd have to take into consideration.

"Please, you know you can call me Merrze most days, besides I'm only Queen right now, we still have a little ways to go before I'm Akitdaoh" she would say tiredly taking a seat next to him.

"So what happens to be the issue?" the fanalis asked as she took a teacup that the warrior offered. Wine in the morning and tea at night, a little backward but she enjoyed life.

"Construction seems to be going fine, I'm mostly staying out of their way. However, while the cattle farms seem to be doing well on the floor, it's becoming difficult to move them up to higher areas. Even the mountain cattle can't deal with it because of how they have to be moved. We've even had some people fly them up, but they're not reacting well to the environment." Gysato would go on, his black hair flowing as a breeze began to pick up.

She would ponder, wondering how to handle it. Cattle was a necessary staple for keeping the people fe, the jungle fowl worker fine and so did boar. She would give in asking "What do you think we should do?"

He would stop, sipping his tea to say "it may be unpopular but we can expand the cattle farms outward. We can keep birds farmed in the higher areas, even the boar seem to be fine, I know it may bring some unrest as many are complying because they all have to be in the tower structure, but I'm not sure if the nomadic hunts will be able to help much as winter will disperse plenty of the migration in winter, we'll need it when those seasons come even if the cold doesn't touch us."

It was difficult, there was a chance of unrest, but this was so the people out eat. Surely they would understand it was so that they could all eat. "Mhm, well we can make them open pasture, have the workers live inside or have shops inside the lower ring, expand the cattle outward so people can freely roam. I know you aren't as good with that but we just need open plains and paths. As long as medical and kill facilities are within it shouldn't violate anything as it'll be only them on the cities outskirts, we'll probably want stone walls to protect them on the outskirts, keep protection up so we won't need guards for animals."

It should work in theory, hopefully, it would in practice. He seemed to do his best to listen, but Merrze would do her best to rest, laying her head back to look at the stars, and enjoy a moment of rest for her own. She was tired, she'd be tired when she returned home and her children would awaken for attention, but for now she would sleep.

2,600/2,000

7Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] Empty Re: Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] 05/03/21, 10:31 pm

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Code:
Job Name: The Second City and it's Solidarity
Job Reward: Firdain The Siren City sub-board in south-east board
Job Overview: Firdain, the second city of Meridia, has begun making progress to follow it's nations progression. With all future cities following the petal standard, future cities would be grouped to biggest city by concentration of population to the land, with the groups being in petals, petals reporting to the highest leader of that group who gives info to the countries ruling leader. With Firdain being the first petal in the Meridian flower the time to invest in their government and to get them into the stand and certain. Meet with their representative and connect Meridia's connection of power more.

In the growing lands of Meridia, there were prosperous lands popping up as more small villages and towns came underneath her protection. With this, there was only one place that was reaching splendor equal to that of the capital, in the south on the coast of the ocean sat the city of Firdain. It was more than growing, it was the most recent source of population explosion in the country. While many refugees and tribes did live within the capital an overwhelming amount of their Natalegawa and Agate populace would reside there, with a decent-sized Samat minority. With their fishing operation and potential as a mighty port city, the Cultural Council unanimously decided to tunnel a large portion of their funding into the city. Now Merrze just had to meet with the city's warden to make sure they could get operations up to standard.

"I wonder how much longer till we're there.." Merrze would ask herself as an exasperated breath parted her lips.

"Not much longer Your Grace, I can see the coast on the Horizon so we should be there in 20 minutes, we're lucky the weather was good or it might've taken a week longer" the driver would chime in.

She wasn't really addressing him but, maybe that was just what came with riding in a carriage. The Queen would've just flown on Erydyn but Irosa kept encouraging it to help try and push it at as a more common form of travel. She didn't need to fuss but with the constant stopping sprinting might've gone by quicker. Hopefully, it would be as soon as the young driver said, she was getting a little antsy after having had to sit still for so long, at least the apple-red velvet would provide luxurious back support. Abyasa was already waiting for her, it had been a few months since they had seen each other. If all was well he'd be in a good mood, he was a great tribe leader, warrior, and fisherman but governing was it's own stressful ballpark.

Neighhh!!

The horses pulling the carriage would buck up, causing the whole vehicle to rattle.

"Sorry just a large rock, seems some work is still being done on the path!" The driver would speak up again.

He certainly was a talkative one, "Wait, path? They're already getting to connecting roads?" She would think to herself.

With curiosity peaking the Lioness would jut out of the window, head just barely able to see around the horses. Yet in this glance, a glimmer could be seen. Reflecting off of the waters, across the ground in a haze the warm sungrazing her face. They had plenty of storms but the lack of winter's trace reminded Merrze of her childhood. They weren't the best memories, but they were certainly a lot more comfortable than any of the cold days in a cell or traveling through frigid environments in an escape. Thankfully, this paradise would be a lot less of hell for her.

Looking down on her the auburn-haired driver would say "That's it right there Your Majesty, that's Firdain, it looks like there are a few people already at the gate."

Well, she already knew that this was probably going to be a day filled with discussion so it wasn't a surprise that there would be people waiting there for her. After a few moments would pass their vehicle would finally halt, she had no time and would open the door for herself, almost smacking him with the door as he tried to hop down and provide assistance.

"Thank you for the help, what was your name? You should be properly paid for taking this on with no escort, I know the roads aren't always safe." Merrze would say, offering him a sack of gold coins

"Lucius m'am, I come from Reiman refugees you rescued, I couldn't take these from you, more of life is here and I've already been paid" the young man would protest.

"You don't have a say, now get on and have a good day you earned it, your Queen commands it" she would say, tossing the coins into his hands.

As he would go to his carriage, looking to stable the horses, Merrze would look to the delegation that stood before the city gates. To her satisfaction, Abyssa was already waiting there. He stood proud with his broad chest exposed, wearing the traditional skirt and sash of his people. Black and red always seemed to be his only choice of colors, but they were striking, which was how the warden liked it.

"Good to see you my Akitdaoh" he would say, it seemed many of the council still wished to refer her by her eventual title.

With a friendly embrace, the two of them would let out a hearty laugh. Abys would chuckle "I swear the politics are gonna kill me please tell me when can have a good fight after all of this."

"Maybe, but I think that'll kill you quicker my friend" Merrze would quickly retort, "I think you're better off sticking to your duties of maintaining these lands, seems you're doing well!"

As their conversation would continue his multicultured guard would open up the wooden gates that currently held in place at the cities entrance. As its' insides would unveil the shining sea and buildings in construction Merrze couldn't help but crack a smile. White marble and red clay seemed to be abundant on the coast, now it was too in the cities' design structure. A puzzle-like grid ran down to the ports which seemed to have small fishing and sailing vessels. They had a great start, but the fish could only feed so many, they needed to make better use of the beauty and of the oceans' travel.

"I think we've done well, but I cannot claim this credit for myself. A good leader knows when to make decisions that are best for their people, and what's become best for mine is what's best for ours. It's been difficult, but the knowledge the engineers and architects bring seems to be beyond my understanding, I just know they appreciate homes, and food, but as you've probably noticed the population has been growing at a continued rate since your defeat of Dohna" he monologued.

It was true, and she was happy to have more people coming under her banner for protection, but it meant she had to spend increasingly more time administrating than having a direct hand. Even now, her plans were to mostly discuss how workers or resources could be allocated with the city. She had been penned to help solve some of the issues that were troubling them. Before their administration and trade plans could set up properly they would need to set industry in order to have communication and cooperation.

"In your letter, it said the two core issues were agriculture and tensions?" Merrze would ask him as the two of them walked further into the city. She would stare at the domed buildings, their scratched swirl patterns and bands of gold paint on some of the grander ones in construction.

"Yes your Grace" Abyssa would say, continuing "Not many wish to go north in order to plant outside the city when we have so much fish. As you know we can't survive on sea catches as well, we need to find a way to properly distribute grains, vegetables, and fruits within the city. We have got a few farms already in the process but we need something more. With this those stuck between fishing, farming, and building many feel stressed with the movement of the city or the restriction of jobs. The people love the beauty of the city but I won't lie, it's taken back-breaking days and hours just so we can keep up this level of standard."

It certainly was more complex, just because people lived together or followed doesn't mean the meshing would always work. While plenty of the tribes could learn to live together there were plenty among them all that were natural warriors. The guard had a place for plenty of them, but not everyone wished for that life either. They wish to get their energy out, to enjoy their lives, she was sure anyone who could enjoy life here would probably feel the same way. The heat got people excited just as much as it drained them, it made blood boil.

She would ponder, there were a few things that could be done, and they were already cracking to try and find solutions. Tapping her chin she would continue to follow.

"I'm simply taking you to my hall by the way my Akitdaoh, I'm sure the city seems a bit different than the rounded paths I've heard the capital has now" he would say, guiding her downhill towards the water. The wide, dirt road was well level and filled with people carrying carts of stuff. It was clear they had a decent understanding of road work. She wasn't sure if it was exactly the route their problems but it did give her an idea on how to circumvent some of them.

She would tap her chin saying "I feel I might need some more time on the second issue, I think we might be able to release tensions and add new revenue but we'll have to meet up on that again, I'm sure you've heard rumors of the coliseum in Reim, we could try something similar but we'll need to meet with the city planning committee I'm guessing. The first issue, however, I can directly solve, have you heard of the vertical farms surrounding Meridia?"

"Somewhat, I've heard you have stacked buildings but I'm not sure how well we can do that without stealing some of your mages," Abyssa would say with a bit of interest but confusion in his tone.

"Normally yes, you would but we don't need a whole a forest of towers in order to help maintain the city. With routes to the Sea and Meridia itself, we can supplement that as long as there's a basic agriculture industry. I can build a single, larger tower in order for you to start with. I'll need to find a location so we can use it as a potential trading depot" she would respond.

Trading was going to be a big asset. It would allow them to trade for what the city didn't have. Magic was useful, it could help uplift people but they needed to be able to sustain themselves. She wanted it so that when she was gone people would be able to take care of the world, of each other. There would always be bigger battles, there would be disease and drought, there were so many foreseeable problems. There was the question of what people themselves would do, but she would leave that for the future as she prepared the youth.

Abyassa would say "While we get to pleasantries I hear your firstborn son, Merlin, is a magician. My daughter is a magician as well, perhaps we could have the two get to know each other just a bit more, it would be nice to see if they're a potential match."

"Well, I'd be happy to have them meet as long as that's your only intention hyahahaha" she would laugh.

She didn't plan to arrange a marriage unless he was interested, but he was still just a boy after all. It was nice to think about the future of her children, of the nation. It would a long night of work, and hopefully a long night of drinks. It was the first real-time she had a way since the triplets, she hoped the nannies would keep a good eye on them. She needed to keep an eye on Firdain, it would be somewhat of a task to establish a strong business and trade network. She knew that there would be plenty interested in the spices the south had, maybe it would be good to have a medicinal herb section as well. As ideas flowed in her head she hoped the drinks would flow too.

Word Count: 2,023/2,000

8Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] Empty Re: Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] 14/03/21, 03:32 pm

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Code:
Job Name: Helping the Petal Grow
Job Reward: The Siren Rose Tower
Job Overview: While the cities of Meridia are given free governance to their territories besides reports and the national tenets, Merrze has decided to give every city of hers a gift. Using her magic, and money she creates a giant plant, the Siren Rose, to support terraced buildings and structures around the thick, gravity-defying plant to make their own vertical farms to help with booms in population growth.

The one pleasure Merrze couldn't help but indulge in since arriving in the city of Firdain was sleep. Often she worked into the night, waking with the rise of the sun. The sleep brought her peace and relaxation, but each day away from her children did provide a pang of pain. She could see the mid-day sunshine peek through the thin, aquamarine silk curtains. The warmth woke the Meridian royal as the light embraced her. It was a delightful way to start her day, her guest accommodations were luxurious. How the sheets begged her to stay longer, to drown in the goose-feather pillows that crowned the backboard. It would've been lovely, but she had work to do.

She would braid her hair, adorn a wave-pattern silk dress of floor-length, decorating herself with her mother's bracelet and her own sapphire brooch. Her crown was still in the process of being crafted, but some insisted she started wearing a Tiara during events. She'd only had a few small celebrations, even today wasn't that grand. She was going to commemorate the Siren Rose, a spiraling plant tower which she had grown with her Djinn's magic, and the aid of a few other magicians. They would partake in the fruits and vegetables harvested from the structure, it had already been up for a month, and now they were seeing the rewards. Yet, while she gazed in the mirror and saw the golden headpiece on top of her head she could only think of the work that was put into designing it.

Four weeks earlier...

How many seeds had these people meticulously planted? Over 2,000 rose seeds, over 1,000 jungle vines, 500 red jungle trees, and 500 bamboo sprouts, tightly placed together. Their planting patterns woven together to assure the plants bonded, growing together into one uniform plant. In order to create a tower that would support itself from the sun rays, from the earth itself, and the plants that it would help sustain. Nothing would go to waste, once plants got near the end of their cycle and new crops needed to be planted they would be composted to help feed the gargantuan plant tower.

"Alright, backtrack and check the seedling patterns. In order to get proper support, we're gonna need to make sure all the seeds are within proper proximity before we start growing" the fanalis would order, wiping sweat from her brow. Her ivory hair with sanguine roots. The greasy her body had built up from a long day in the sun, she had helped plant quite a few seeds herself but the workers had been rotating in shifts.

She would speak up again "Alright, looking good, report to the foreman after planting, you'll have about an hour for lunch so make sure to use your time wisely. Magicians will be ready in about two hours to start the cultivating process, good work everyone."

Her voice was strained, even as the commands strained to leave her throat she would take a step away from the worksite. Her hands were quick to move to the deerskin she had with her stuff. The cool crisp refreshment would cut through her fatigue, it was nice to have such freshwater. It was much better than her days at war when they could only reuse their fluids or drink muck. She didn't miss those days, that was certain. Now all she could do was focus on the task ahead of her.

While everyone would break for lunch she would sit in her tent for a moment, she was hungry, but more importantly, she wanted to rest. There she would sit with her water and some dried meats to get her through the day. She didn't have quiet moments training anymore, quiet moments detached from the world. She had to spend every second she could being more involved. The duty of the lioness was to protect, to inspire, but she still needed these moments to clear her thoughts. The noise outside would flood her as she finally got her chance to breathe.

At this moment, the Queen's mind would float in her own thoughts, as each inhale began to align with the beat of the world. As if trying to root herself in place, to feel connected to the world once again. It was easy as no rugs or mats sat in these quarters, just the rich soil to grasp it between her toes. It was this connection that she wished for most of her people to have and desire. There were plenty in the capital, and the nomads as well that felt this way but it wasn't everyone. Progress brought people comforts, comforts they didn't want to necessarily want to give up. Her fear was that they would abandon a love, a severance for the world before them. Hopefully, this tower would be something show them how life would support them as long as they supported it.

Sadly, this time to relax would fly by quicker than she could truly relax. A hand would part her tent, as a young blonde man wold step in, a face that Merrze knew well.

"Your majesty, the magician team has arrived and is ready to begin the plant raising by your lead, that is unless you're too busy, but I could keep you busy" the voice would joke.

Most men wouldn't dare say such things to Merrze, but this wasn't any ordinary man. It was the lead of the team she had hired, a man who when he heard about his employer couldn't help but sign up himself. It was the father of her first son, Lyn Levy a magician of Magnostadt.

"Well, I don't think Merlin needs any more like him, he's already too rambunctious for someone of his intelligence" the mother would joke, continuing to speak "I'm happy to spend the time with you as long as we get to work, let's just hope the others know you're a better magician than you are a smooth talker."

The fanalis would walk up and provide her old acquaintance a hug. She enjoyed him, she was glad he cared for their son in his early months, but he had no desire to have a family. He only wished to have pride in what his blood could do, what their child could do. She could've ranted or raved about to try to get him to stay, but it was her that always wanted the family, the only man who wanted something similar died. It was something that just needbed to accepted or at least something that the mother had to learn to live with if she were to raise her bastard children.

As she would joke, he would hold the door open for her, as she would need to return to the world, to her job. She had only spent an hour away, but the darkness she held to herself made the sun 100 times brighter. As its burning petals bloomed waved in the air, there were only a few hours left to sundown. She would gather around the circle of seeds, Lyn would stand on the far end across from her, as they lined up, a total of 40 magicians, most were only 3rd Kodor but a few 2nd Kodor magicians showed up as well. Lyn hadn't proven the feats, but plenty claimed he was as knowledgeable when it came to life magic as any first Kodor. It was reassuring to have reliable help, but now she needed to lead the charge.

"Alright, this is gonna use most of my magoi in one burst to start the blooming, once the flower begins to burst I need everyone to their best to keep vitalizing it, guiding it to reach as high, and as straight as possible. You'll need to be quick, so have your wands ready" she would inform them.

Holding out her hand the bracelet would begin to glow, it would be a simple command for her. She just had to command grow, to urge the seeds to burst forth with as much life force as possible. She would speak, mumbling the words to herself over and over, as a green glow began to come from the bracelet, the purple rukh urging forward forth from her hands, from the vessel. As the magic would command forth the fanalis could feel her life force leaving her, as blood would pool in her mouth and the veins in her eyes would strain. She had to stop, she didn't want to kill herself, but it was magic that had sway over this world. She wanted to use it to push innovation, to push her knowledge so she could make the world match its might. For now, it would drain her of her strength, of her might.

"I hope that's good enough"
she would utter, a heavy breath coming out as she fell to her knees. This was always so much more tiring than any kind of training.

It would not be for naught, as the plants began to glow they would sprout, vines overlapping as the massive bud of a flower began to protrude from the ground. The words of the magicians would begin to chant, harmonizing their magics to help vitalize this rose.

"Tawjih alnumui, tawjih alnumui, tawjih alnumui, tawjih alnumui" were the word they chanted together.

With the raise of their staves, guiding it with their motions to emulate the sprouting of any plant. It would work as the vines, the stalks of it began to wind around each, forming a tight grip as it would harden. Its maturity would allow it to mimic the hardier plants, to support it to defend it from the elements. She could see as they helped guide it in the air, at the next day people would begin to put terraces around it in order to begin planting. They would be able to set up planting areas with ladders to reach them while they built more stable supports over the next month, but it was better to get planting now so people could enjoy the fruits of their labors at the actual opening. For this moment, it would be time to rest, she was tired, and would return to her tent. Tomorrow would be another day of planning and another day off work. The one beacon in today was that she got to see a blooming, colossal rose radiate with the sun-set.

Back to the present day..

Stepping into the sunlight she would be greeted by waves as she walked toward the tower. They had placed it just outside the wall, it would have more room out there to building surrounding farms, but this would motivate them into more agricultural projects. They needed to learn to sustain themselves on more than just fish, she was personally looking forward to indulging in some of the mangos.

The walk outside of the city would be pleasant, citizens would stop to wave, greeting her with smiles as street vendors tried to offer her food. "Just like the markets of Reim, instead of fighting to find my favorite shops this time they're coming to me" she would think to herself. How the days had changed, how they continued to change. How would she change as she got older, as she became elderly and the nation grew? These were worries for another day. Now was a day she could look beautiful, that she could enjoy with her people. She knew it was more pleasant than the games of politics that would come with later days.

"Your Majesty," Lyn would greet again, arriving to greet her at the gate, as floating lanterns began to fill the air. It wouldn't be too much longer until the night greeted them, so they'd need the appropriate lightning. People were already lining up as servants would present mangos, strawberries, peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, and so on. Produce from lands she had only seen in travels, or places she had lived for months in. It was to diversify their nation further. Marching before the people, towards the front of the Siren rose tower she would speak.

"In order to commemorate the building of the Siren Rose Tower I hold this feast. Enjoy the sweet gifts of nature, eat them with your fish, with your seafood and cattle. Enjoy all that you can, there is much more to come, this is a harvest simply to celebrate a bright future. Eat up, laugh, and drink away the night, I'm a proud ruler, and I'm proud to see what the people of this city can accomplish when we work together. To Firdain, to the Meridian Empire!"
she spoke with such passion, hoping her speech would inspire.

Wordcount: 2,116/2,000

9Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] Empty Re: Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] 20/03/21, 12:34 pm

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Code:
Job Name: The Industry too shall Bloom
Job Reward: Siren Bay
Job Overview: With the city of Firdain looking in a good direction with additional work for the food and governmental sustainment a gift to help the towns possible tourist industry to boom is useful. By spending the necessary fund and taking advantage of the beach community, plan and construct a coliseum for sporting events, plays and shows of all kids, built onto the water with pontoons to construct to aid with possible water events. Not only will there be construction work, there will a matter of convincing others.

It was one of the more pleasant places for a meeting, on a nice beach just past some of the houses in Firdain. It wasn't the most appropriate place, but it was today's topic of discussion, she thought it best to go out. That would explain why the future Empress stood on the beach, she was the only one who wanted to be out there. The crystal clear teal waters lapped softly at the salt-white sands. As the warm waters washed over the fanalis feet she would enjoy the breeze from the ocean. The coast stretched for miles in every direction, as the birds coasted along towards the east to her left, and the sunrise.

She loved to take in the breeze, to enjoy how the world felt on days like this. Each day spent in the Siren City was another mark on the calendar till her day to return would arrive. She wanted to bolster the economy, and it was memories in the coliseum along with sea-side splendor which inspired her. She wished to build a grand structure, extending into the bay, into the sea. Where people could gather, view its beauty and enjoy sport on the finest day. The spectacle was a good way to distract from the bad, to get pulled into the enjoyable. Maybe it really was escapism.

The Great Mother of Meridia would listen, talking in the world. She had become so engrossed with her own meditation, of the land she was on, that she never noticed the delegation arrive. A group of three, consisting of a representative of the port, another from the business association, and the final being Abyssa himself. With the latter being the only one who knew her well enough to not showcase worry in trying to garner the fanalis' attention.

"I see you're enjoying the sights my friend, the sea, the ocean are the greatest gateways of them all, are you experienced with the waters?"
Abyssa would ask, as the strong man waltzed over to Merrze.

Her attention would snap, turning around to speak "Oh sorry, I've been having so many late days I thought it would be nice to enjoy the morning." Her words lingered, fading out to the horizon, a nostalgia for a life she missed.

"I've done my fair share of sea travel, most has been doing in the air by a beast, but I do enjoy being out on the waters, feeling the water take to the air as glide across it, sadly my experience has been mostly limited to pirate and mercantile vessels"
she would answer to his second question.

Turning to face the other two guests she would now take her turn to ask a question. "Would you do me the honor of introducing me to these two fine gentlemen" she would say. She didn't like needly flattery, but sometimes simple words to simply irritated men was the best cure. Based on the red and irritated grins on their faces, they weren't in the greatest of moods.

"Kehahahaah, of course, I'm sure they don't want to be forgotten"
he would say cheerfully. With a lofty tone, he would say "This stout gentleman in red is Raj and this grumpy-faced young man next to him is Sam. Raj is the head of the business association here in Firdain, he was a member of the Amara clan. Sam is from the Natalegawa like myself, I and his older half-brother often went fishing with me. He's a great shipwright, but more importantly, he helps run the ports."

"It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance your Highness, I'm assuming it's quick work if you brought us out here to relax" Raj would snarkily say. His red robes sparsely covered his torso, and he walked with a wide obnoxious step as he approached the Empress.

Sam seemed to be no better in his tone, besides maybe caring for the profit of the ports. He would respond with "Your Highness, I can agree with my colleague. I've heard your proposals but we're just not sure we can. Sure we have some space but we need spots for the boats, for the cargo to come in. I feel as if such an endeavor just for some waterfront property is reckless and is ill-advised for the sake of a profit to the city, and the nation as well."

He seemed rather quick to the point, but at least he was honest. She'd turn to face Raj "Do you have similar opinions or complaints?"

He would stutter "O-ofcourse! How are we supposed to help fund this and more importantly how are you expecting to generate any capital for the city. We're still young and I'd rather not be in as much debt as of those dinosaur powerhouses!"

She would ponder for a moment, this did seem like it would be a quick conversation. Despite what she thought, it seemed to be them who had already made a decision. The Life of a ruler was one filled with ridicule and questioning from those they chose to protect or govern. She knew the only way to truly get them to side with her was not if it would work, but if it would truly benefit them in the long run.

"Well, for the ports, you just need proper loading and shipping areas yes?"
She would ask.

Sam would say "Of course your majesty if you take most of the bay you take most of our loading area for the section of the city. We need to think about how we'll make sea trade with Balbadd and Kina if partnerships go through, after all we don't want to go the second party to lessen our profits."

"Have you had the chance to look over the blueprints yet?" she would ask

"Not for an extended time your majesty, I only had time to party glance at it"
he would respond just as quickly as she asked.

It would only take a moment to get to the point. Once again speaking Merrze would explain "Then why not build docks on the side of the building as well, there's more than enough port room to where we can build to the side of it, and we can use the extra surface area to build more docks, more supply rooms, maybe even an inn but I know most choose to stay on their boats. If was make it accommodate as a port extension. By putting paths and gates we could direct people so they know the appropriate paths, does this sound good to you?"

Sam wanted to protest, but he could see how profit would come his way. Looking back at Merrze he would chime in with "I imagine plenty of the sailors will want a good drink, enjoy a nice game and relax, we could possibly turn the buildings closer to shore into an entertainment district. Well, as long as Raj here agrees as well you have my vote."

She would turn to Raj, he seemed to be a stubborn man, but if his worries were all money, she'd just have to make sure they had the proper cashflow.

"Well if the issue is funding, I can provide that myself, I gave plenty to the national treasury but I still have my own funds, and anything can be reimbursed eventually. If I provide the construction fee then there should be no issue?"
she would propose, hoping it would help sway.

His face was a bronze disk, bulging with cherry cheeks which would expel an irritated voice "There's more of an issue than that your highness! We need to think about if it will be able to keep itself afloat afterward, how it might interrupt lives. Why would this even bring in funds, who wants to watch two grown men go at it! How will it help the city."

It was clear to her he didn't want to change his mind, he wasn't wrong in the fact the business would be affected. If it failed it would be costlier to the city. She knew tax was a good source of revenue, but it was something that was to inspire, for people to enjoy. While thoughts began to brew, Abyssa would speak up in order to express his feelings.

"Well, I know myself that while many of us are happy with the peace Akitdaoh Merrze has brought, there are still plenty of antsy men. Either the men are hurt, sick, or unwilling to go too far for the guard. They don't wish for an attack but they wish for a battle to burn in their hearts, I know I do. This would be a good way for people to get out their passions unless you'd like them knocking on your door hahahaahaahahaahahahah!"
he would laugh.

His roaring laughter would cause a bead of sweat to appear on Raj's face. He would speak again, clearly flustered from his Warden's remarks "T-thats fair, but we need more than combat! Sam I know you enjoy a good play! We should put on other shows, use the nights and early mornings for performances. If you're gonna put so much into it make it something we can all take pleasure in so we don't waste our money!"

Merrze would smirk just a little, maybe his concern was for the people. There were plenty of folks in Meridia, and this was going to be a big area after all. "Alright, we can work out a schedule, certain days, and opportunities to book performances. Since it'll be multifaceted in its entertainment we can have food shops and the likes, and you can get 25% of all revenue towards taxation and renovation to keep the area clean and up to standard, I'm sure that will help ease your mind a little too?"

"Well, it certainly will ease some of the stress" he would say, his face and tone deflating.

Now they had to get to the workers hired, at least this time, it was a project Merrze didn't need to directly supervise. She would get back to her guest quarters, it was time for the lioness to take a nap.

It would've taken years, working with stone was so much more time-consuming than she thought. It had only taken four months, it took years to build her capital, it took years for the second city to become noticed. She was pouring large amounts of money into infrastructure, employing mages at a rate that started to concern her. She wanted to rely on science and magic, but magic was proving its superiority on every occasion. In the first two months of building, they had pontoons out towards the water and the beginning of the damn. Many were confused about how to vent the water, even with gates they'd need something to be able to push using the pressure to reclose the gate and return the arena to normal. Even with her schematics, it took weeks of discussing before they even attempted to but anything down.

It was at that point, they asked Merrze for a hefty loan, she paid just as much as she for the materials just to hire additional hands. Most of it was to get those from Magnostadt she could afford, and more Lyn's men. It was after this point in the process that things began to pick up. After month three had finished it's cycle a stone skeleton with tinkering gears for the damming system was in play. They needed more work to function and would need at least twenty men or two good fanalis to pull the levers to open, and to vent the water into the ocean, causing the arena floor to lift and the floodgates to close again.

The month after that it would be outfitted, the walls decorated with banners of the guard, of the trade and builders associations, of the clans. There was still plenty of work to be done, there had to be a maintenance, people would need to made deals to set up shops, to find fighters worthy of a show. It would be a year until she would be able to return to this city. She wished to host a grand set of games after the founding ceremony, and her official coronation as an Empress, as the Akitdaoh.

There was still much more work to be done, it was her last day in the second city. She was proud of the work she had done. Taking in the site of the long, ivory arena, with rounded windows, golden paint, and red accenting across its side. WIth its' 150mx40m arena. She didn't have the luxury of being able to put in a barrier spell, that would've cost her more than she had at the moment. They had chosen an azure blue roof, to contrast the accents, and to reflect the sea. It was a beautiful goodbye to Siren City for now.

Word Count: 2,145/2,000

10Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] Empty Re: Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] 06/04/21, 03:04 am

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Code:
Job Name: Fruits beginning to bloom
Job Reward: Meridia Country page
Job Overview: With Meridia as a country looking presentable all the nation must do now is fully present itself to the world. Before this can be done the country must document, on it's founding. More than just drafting up and getting the country more must be put in the national bank, letters must be sent out for those to come. Returning back home, to a palace finished and a people excited begin to rest, as there will be worries, as woes will be there to come for the birth of a new nation is heavy.

Letters were how the ride home to Meridia went. It would be letters that would lead to the culmination of most of her work. They were addressed home, for her final step of working, setting up the Vermillion Bank. The rickety ride creaked with the pain on the path, the roads had been blocked by a herd of wild cattle, so they took a shortcut. She penned a letter towards her citizens, her advisors as well. There were bigger things to come, her grand inauguration and the events which would come after. Founding the bank was almost essential to helping manage the payments for such grandiose celebrations.

"Once again I'm sorry about the detour m'am, I know being two weeks away isn't ideal" Lucius would speak up, he was pretty chipper upon encountering each other once more. Maybe he just kept offering to be her driver.

The scratching of the parchment droned in her heads, she grew smarter every year, or so she felt agt least, but such diplomacy only reminded her of her teenagehood. When she had spent days practicing her name, reading, writing a language she thought she'd never see or use. How she had been groomed for the rule without realizing it, didn't mean the fanalis still didn't loath the monotony of it all. Writing out mass invites, setting up government policy, even checking tax reports that had finally begun to accumulate. It was a duty to be done, after all, she had allies that deserved to be honored, to be invited.

She desperately wished to be into her writing, to let it flood her. The Empress' focus would wash, away as the pitter-patter of a storm began to knock on her carriage. Its soft song beginning to pick up a bit, before pelting angrily as if trying to bring her out. Lucius was likely not having a good time, but she could not tell, for if he spoke his words were lost amidst the downpour. Maybe that's how the mother wished to be, to feel lost along with the world again. She had loved the connections she made with the earth, with the sky. As her mind began to drift, she began to write her next letter, flowing out as if she was speaking the words herself.

Dear Emperor Yoshiro Zu,

I hope your matters, along with the nation of Kou have been in a good affair. As you have probably heard from recent trade envoys the Nation of Meridia is fully beginning to blossom, and with my Coronation, as Empress, I would like to formally invite you, or an envoy if you are unable, to join us as at the ceremony scheduled for the next solstice. I hope this is sufficient time for you to manage all of your current matters if you would like to attend. Nevertheless, I look forward to your correspondence, wishing you the best with the country's restoration process. May the partnership we've hoped to establish between the two nations be bountiful for the generations to come.

Sincerely Your Friend and Ally,
Akitdaoh Merrze Firdaus

The fanalis would examine the letter, wishing to change or re-write it, but she only had so much ink that she could carry with her. It already took long enough to pen this, as the shakes and shimmies of the carriage would carry her across through the storm she would put it away. She had to begin pending another letter, one directed towards her old home of Reim. There were many of its' fanalis that she had taken, even if they followed her she knew sentiments might not be kind. She had to be honest about this message, open with what she had done.

Dear Octavius Flavius,

It's been quite some time since we had last had the pleasure of sharing another company. After so many years I've learned to fill in the cracks that my accident had put through me. I know often your words were those of a father, hoping to encourage and inspire his children, but it did so much more. After leaving Reim with my troops, and eventually making it from Kou, to the plains near Balbadd I had become a king candidate, I had garnered more of a following as I risked my life to free others. It had not just been shallow attempts to be a hero, I took your words to heart, to become stronger. The cracks in my heart have been sealed with gold, as I feel rich in my family and in the people who follow me. I have written this letter not just to discuss the matters of how our lives have drifted, but to inform you that I have accomplished the pipe dream I spoke about to you many years ago. I have founded a nation, west of Kou's southern borders past the mountains. The people of Meridia have chosen to follow me, chose me to be their Queen, and now I move farther to become an Empress the nation begins to celebrate it's growth into something more. I wish for an envoy or diplomat from the fair Republic to come to the coronation and celebration ceremonies. While I know it has lead to a loss of the nation, and it may be hard to accept but the people here live happy lives, and I pray that we can extend that and our kindness to the world.

Sincerely and with love,

Akitdaoh Merrze Firdaus, former Colonel of the Fanalis Corps

Tears would fall centimeters away from the ink, close to running across the fresh writing as it soon absorbed into the paper. They had only dripped slightly from her eyes. She felt no pride in the fanalis that left their nation for her, for the refugees who would never return home as they found a place in Meridia. Many would not care what wanted to create, there would be plenty that believed people and their uses belonged to them, that their loyalty should be undying instead of to what actually fits their needs, their happiness. There was no turning back at this point in life, she had chosen a path and needed to follow it with certainty. To turn back now would only mean death and devastation. She was already growing as a leader, but she was going to recognized, to be seen by the world. The mother would be strong, she had to be in order for the nation to truly prosper. As she put away another letter she would let out a simple sigh. They would need to be mailed when she returned home, but for now, she would rest; only Lucius would continue, as even the rains would pass eventually while Merrze had fallen asleep.

As rough few weeks had passed she had reached the treelines of Meridia once more. It was pleasant to be home, she loved all parts of the nation, but the capital brought her comfort still. The ballet of colors danced around her amongst the tree's blooming flowers. Past the orchards, the farms, and into the jungle. The flora inside blossomed, catching sun rays through the canopy as if saying hello once again to Merrze. As she looked out the carriage window the fanalis would smile back, her sharp grin in all its glory. Some of the citizens around would wave greetings, cheers, and jeers for the fanalis Queen. She looked forward to announcing her claim as an Empress, titles only meant so much but she planned to expand, to protect those around her.

"Looks like everyone's excited to see you, your highness, I've quite enjoyed our ride so I hope you have as well" Lucius would say. There were definitely times in which he had spoken too much, there were also just as many times in which he had brought joy to her ride. She was going to miss him even if she wasn't going to gush about it, he was a sweet boy. He did well at his job as well, maybe it would be smart to great a service around carrying people around.

"Yes, it's been an enjoyable time, even when you got us stuck in the mud and I had to free us" she would teasingly say to him. He had only meant to do good, so it was only meant to be light.

"Haehehayeaah you're right your grace, I appreciate it, and I appreciate you humoring me and my endless talking, I'll truly miss you" he would say to her.

"I will miss you as well, but who knows it may not be the last time we see one another" she would say, a smirk on her face. He had opened the door for her, they had arrived back at the palace. With its golden paintings to invite her inside, and the smiling faces of her staff she was glad to be home. She would not however appreciate the work that was waiting inside. There was the matter of the Vermillon Bank, after all, it needed to be an order for them to properly fund the ventures that would come further down the line.

Thankfully, the person waiting for her inside would be the future head of the bank system and of all economic affairs including taxation. The person waiting there was the woman with a bird mask, her friend and council member Irosa. The click of her heels would sharply hit the white lioness's ears. Rushing over to her, hoping it wasn't because things were looking that bad.

"Good to see you my Akitdaoh, I hope you enjoyed your time in the Siren City, I'm happy to report our tax collecting. It's taken some time to address the current profit situation, but it seems with the growing profit margins we'll be able to get by with small rates if we collect in incremental amounts. I don't believe we'll be able to have the funds ready in time for your celebration as sad as it is. I know you wished to use the bank's funds to help up help build and celebrate but I imagine we'll make good use of the gold once it comes in" said the raven-haired woman.

"Well, it's good to see you as well" Merrze would say. Continuing she would chuckle "Well it is unfortunate but I'd like you to take most of my funds I even bring some gold and such I had acquired in my work while in the south. I'll be putting in 2 million's worth of gold into the bank I have half of it ready at the moment and the rest I'll need to collect."

While the council member seemed standoffish she was happy to see her once again. It was a strange type of admiration but she did what she could for the fanalis but her quick business was because she truly did believe in the goal. Turning around she would lead the Akitdaoh further in, she would say "Well I suppose that will suffice, I imagine I can try to use my own funds to help with the celebration as well, you deserve it."

Her words brought a smile to Merrze's face, she appreciated the kind things that her advisor had said. Merrze needed these alleviations, there were more troubles and the horizon than she had admitted. Her establishing her nation further and formalizing her protection of the nomadic tribes would bring conflict. There were those wishing to found smaller kingdoms or coalitions, the tribes were starting to become bigger and bigger. There would also be the matter of finding jobs of promoting the cultures of every group. Many of them had a united background, which would work in her favor, but it didn't mean that tensions from those who sided with her wouldn't grow against those who didn't wish to.

There was the matter of solidifying alliances as well. If she wished for the prosperity to be kept the fanalis would need more than Kou on their side. She had the strength to protect the nation, but she wanted everyone to enjoy their lives if possible. If there was a way to avoid needless war so that the protectors could watch guard so that guardians would be a symbol and violence but a show of strength. There would be those that wished to steal it, there would be those like Dohna would have doubted it. The woes of a growing nation were heavy, but they would be a burden she was happy to carry.

WordCount: 2,082/2,000

11Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] Empty Re: Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] 02/09/21, 04:26 pm

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Spoiler:

Could you remember the biggest day of your life? For some people, they felt as if life couldn't get any better to find themselves surprised. Yet it was very rare that an individual would be able to see it as it happened. For Merrze Firdaus she was beginning to witness it on this day, as it was her official coronation as Akitdaoh of the Meridian Empire. She would be the last to arrive at the party which was going on in the palace's main chamber. While others would party on, for what had been three hours now, she would sit in front of the mirror twice her height and ten times as wide. The inordinate glass was used to examine her every facet as stylists and tailors had toiled away to prepare her for the ceremony. Fashion had interested her in the past, but she hadn't realized it would be this much of a pain.

People had come and gone from her bedroom which she still had trouble getting used to. The room was mostly of cool colors in their warmer tones. The walls imitated the sky with their color as murals of gentle nimbus were speckled across. The trim was that of golden vines which reached around the walls. Most of her furniture was of woods such as cherries and oak with green and gold accents to bring more of an organic feel to the room. Her bed even had a silk veil of robust forest green, though she was used to cotton cot crowded with beasts or her children. The ceiling gave an open area to breathe and to the backside, there were great open windows that let in the sun and fresh air. It led to her private garden, but today she was stuck standing in front of her bed and mirror.

Her stylist returned, a short man with bronze skin a poor goatee, and an ashy grey-shaven head. With a straight razor that was embedded with more gems than any grooming tool should be, he had helped sculpt her wild locks into a new shape for the ceremony. Her tangled and curled ivory locks had regained some its' of their blood-red hue at the roots, tangling down to her brows. Her bangs were cut short and the hair around her ears had been trimmed whilst the stylist allowed the back to stay at shoulder length. The hairstyle was designed to accommodate her crown, it wasn't bad but it was certainly new for her. It felt choppy but she was used to just cut her hair off, letting grow, and tying it up so maybe she could learn a thing or two about fashion.

"Now you look fiercer than usual, calm and graceful but ready to kill at a moments notice." the stylist complimented her with glee. "Everyone will remember the stylings of Ram after today!" He would exclaim praising himself.

"Ram, what a nice name, I just realized I hadn't asked it I'm sorry for that."
Merrze would exclaim as the stout man moved to grab makeup, some brushes and of course the stand holding her attire for the evening. Before her apple-red eyes could examine the outfit Ramn would be before her again.

"To be fair, I haven't given you much chance to ask it your majesty." He would respond with an impish smirk, he would again speak. "It is a pleasure to be working for you, especially on such an important occasion." His words were followed with a suttle eye brow raise. Whilst he did this he would go to work, applying magneta eyeshadow and oil-black eyeliner to accentuate her glare.

"Keep your eyes closed!" Ram would direct as Merrze failed at this task for the first few minutes. Now sitting patiently, she would let the artist continue to paint her face. She rarely ever wore makeup, it was something outside her realm for the most part having been raised as a warrior. Time faded away for a bit, it was more than a few minutes that was for sure as he switched tools and was applying something else to her face. The brushing stopped eventually, but then he would start to dab her face with something else. Finally, after what felt like over an hour her prayers would be answered!

"Finished, all that's left is to get you covered!" His song-like voice did not match his appearance but Ram definitely sounded happy. Eyes opens she saw he was already getting her clothes ready. In her unseemly mirror she would look at how he accentuated her cheeks and strong jaw. She looked intense, yet there was a softness from her caramel skin and the rose blush which kissed her face gently. While it wasn't a hassle she wished to bring into her daily life, she really did feel her beauty enhanced. It was paint, but it made her feel like a stronger aspect of herself. While a stunned expression would stay on Merr's face she would also now get a glance on her clothing.

Her bearskin mantle was combined red silk cape covered in gold-thread netting. A dress, of cardinal silk would cling to her frame. It had no sleeves, but tapered around her legs like the tails of a peacock. The dressed was lined with gold inlay, it seemed they knew her colors as they would having plenty of bracelets and rings for her to wear, all made of gold. The only piece out of place, would be a bangle of thick silver that had belong to her mother. It had been with her on every step of her journey, and it would be with her now too. To finish the outfit was a pair of heels, platforms of ruby with and strap over her feet, each adorned with a golden lion buckle. A girdle, with a matching lion design would be wrapped around her waist, and hanging earrings would be placed on her ears. The only piece she was missing was the crown, but that would be for everyone to see. She was glad the audience didn't have to watch her put on every piece of clothing.

"There you go my Akitdaoh, you look ready to take the nation by the reigns. Stand proud Lioness, for you are an Empress today!" Ram would cheer her on. He may be paid to make people look good, but he made her feel great. Strong or not, it was hard to not feel nervous on such an important day. It was easy to fight, it was easy for her to lead after so many struggles, but facing your inner demons was never an easy challenge.

"Your words are almost as sweet and delicate as your work, you've managed to make me love myself." It was but a simple comment, Merrze said it as a joke but there was some pain in her voice. A contrasting, sharp and warm smile would accompany it but it would not stop Ram from comforting her.

"It can be hard to love yourself," he would say "but I know that's a difficult task worth all of the effort. Plenty never learn to but you have your actions, your heart and your passion those are the things that are lovable about life. Love yourself like you love your people, many rulers love themselves too much, just a little self-love wouldn't hurt."

"Thank you, It can be hard hiding pain, but I do have the support of a family and nation, I will carry your words even if I can't find love for who I am." Her words were sincere, soft and yet, there was still a spark of fire in her voice. She would stand, offering her hand to thank Ram. "Your words and work have inspired me, thank you greatly, and feel free to enjoy the ceremony. I imagine even after all this there's some food left out there." After the brief exchange Ram would leave, heading on out to enjoy the party, Merrze herself would need to join her procession to introduce her. Once she was coronated she would say a few words, offer her children a chance to speak. Then, after all the boring beaucracy was out of the way she and everyone else could enjoy fine drinks, and the feast that would be arriving soon after. There was plenty of food already, but each of the tribes heads had organized a set of meals to be shared after the coronation. Empress or not, who was she to deny everyone a chance at a luxiourous banquet?

Merr would steady her breath, walking down the corridor of orchid-white stone, lit with wide bronze-gold brimmed braziers. It was a long walk, but anticipation made each step a mile longer. It was a weight made from her anxiety and past, there was plenty that could chase after her. Becoming such a figure was risky, but for Merrze Firdaus it was her show of strength, of confidence. Resolve was not easily found but forged into one's character through choices. Getting out of her mind would be a good start, as she would be illuminated by the light brought in by the balconey. Just out there would be the main hall where all the guests would fraternize. Just be for the precipice would wait her council members Zen, Gysato, Dang, Abyssa, Amara and Irosa. Across from them to stand on her left side would be three of children why the rest stayed in the back. Her three eldest, Menat, Merlin and Merzan would be the ones following her. Unknowing to three they each had been crafted a crown, for as they were aware they would be talking on more responsibility within the nation.

She would offer them all a gentle smile, the same one she gave her children when she first saw them in the morning. "To a new day, I am proud of you all and the future we are going to usher in. I'll hold my speeches as I'm already gonna be talking long enough out there. All I can say at this moment is I'm glad that you all are by my side, that you are my family. This day is not just for me, it is for everyone, for us and the citizens of Meridia."

They would cheer, some shouting some encouraging words, she was sure her children would have a few words for her. As they would all gain the moment to gain their compsure the fanalis would step out for the whole crowd to see. It would take a moment for their attention to shift. Many already seemed a few fingers deep into their cups of ale, wine, and whatever drink had been brought out for everyone to enjoy. The oval-shaped hall was surrounded by columns of ivory and gold, with elephants, eagles, and lions engraved into them. Thousands of people seemed to cover the marble floors, onto the sanguine carpet, up the stairs, and into the smaller balconies. Tables of food and minstrels would bring joy around as songs with high energy and notes would cause the people to dance around.

Then, a stone-shattering stampede would suck the life, the sound from the room. The Meridian Guard around Merrze had stamped their spears in unison, crowing a march of steel that would bring everyone's eyes onto Merrze. Like arrows, they all narrowed onto her, it felt as if each expression was aimed at her heart.

She would take a deep breath. too many times had she had to compose herself today. It wasn't her time to speak, but soon it would be. As she could feel the dome of gold, decorated with sapphires, topaz, emerald, and rubies would weigh down on her head. As the cold piece of jewelry would caress her skull a voice, that of Irosa would speak up. Her robust voice rang out like thunder "I now present before you, after these longs years and endless battles, your Akitdaoh Merrze Firdaus of the Meridian Empire." It was such a simple start, yet for her, it was the ignition of a powder keg of emotion. They had made that part shorter because they knew the torrent of speech soon to come.

Words: 2,000+/2,000

12Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] Empty Re: Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] 04/09/21, 04:01 pm

Neppy

Neppy
A-Tier
A-Tier

[Firdaus Garden]

It would feel as if the whole southern hemisphere was shaking. All the fellow citizens from old to young, boy to girl, women to men all found themselves in the streets of nature. Skyscrapers like trees that released cool shades and almost what seemed like perfect lighting would be baking all these people in the ceremony vibes. Neph, was just as excited! How could he not, the woman who brought him to his new home had finished her home for people like him, like her, and for those who didn’t have before them to all live together in this new country. Firdaus Palace was such a sight before his eyes, and its sheer beauty from the white to the gold left him astonished by the architectural style, and work put into it.

Arriving a tad early this fine, sunny day. The young boy had ironed out his favorite suit for this occasion! His hair braided back in a heliohaptian royal style and all his little gold jewelry he salvaged beforehand had been present on himself. Many had come in their suits and elegant gowns, so he blended in quite nicely. Moving out of sight of the entrance and following crowds towards the main banquet halls for the evening. His head would be looking at all the bright colors he could see first, the country was just full of breathtaking views and his feathers rustled at the thoughts of soaring through the southeast region to explore. Reaching his hand out to take a beverage off a tray from a passing waiter/waitress, Neph was finally getting his first drink of a different culture's alcohol. “ Taavetti, Aseo. Let’s enjoy this beautiful event, Merrze has long awaited to set before all of us… us… Meridians.

A small tremble in his voice as he said that. Shaking his head and rocking the braids side to side. He would hold his newly acquired glass and take a big sip drinking a third of the fine wine away. The two voices inside his head would be taking in his large space inside, and how it fit so many people, but it wasn’t far fetched for them like it was the boy. Culture changes, and environment changes really have been taking him aback and possibly set on his mental health. However for the time being enjoying himself was on his mind. Many cuisine‘s decorated the room and belly’s looked to be becoming filled as more people got under the influence. He just kept to himself and walked passed for a few hours.

Neph had found himself leaning against the wall with a plate of vegetables, turkey meat, and a misplaced barrel of alcohol. Digging into the vegetables with a fork, the young man steadied himself before consuming more sums of liquid, feeling the heat in the room grow ever so much. “ *hic* mmmmmmm, so good~ food and wine soooo good.. *hic*” He said to himself until the room got still all around and the spears metal hit the floor bringing attention to Merrze as she made her entrance. The young boy couldn’t help himself but get teary eyed. Literally tears of joy just streamed down from his golden crystalline colored eyes! Merrze’s dress had fit her so well, he just got pulled into her appearance as it felt like the only one in the room. Before it had become completely still in the room, he placed his plate of food into the trash holding the rest of the turkey meat in his mouth finishing off with a gulp from his misplaced barrel. Now his ears would be taken by  " I now present before you, after these longs years and endless battles, your Akitdaoh Merrze Firdaus of the Meridian Empire. “ The thunderous voice boomed it through the room, and with such energy that it made him felt like he was back on a battlefield living through Aseo’s war memories briefly.

13Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] Empty Re: Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] 17/09/21, 12:07 am

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

Several Hours Prior

Today had to have been the most stressful day in the eldest Firdaus child’s life. That’s counting the day she had given up her form as a normal Fanalis in favor of becoming the living plant woman she now appeared as. She was sure her mother was far more nervous than she herself was. After all it was her mother who was being crowned as the Empress of Meridia, officially, today after all her hard work in building their new home nation from nothing. Of course that meant that Menat and her siblings were all expected to be at her side for her coronation before the entirety of their nation and those visiting that they had forged alliances with. Yet Menat’s nerves weren’t unstable due to her mother’s crowning as the first of the royal family to exist in this new nation. They were horribly disturbed from the fact that she was expected to be presented AS Merrze Firdaus’s eldest child yet appeared to be not even the same species as her entire family.

She feared how that would reflect on her mother and her siblings. To go around having to explain “Yes I’m the Empress’s first child. Yes I’m aware I’m a walking tree.” Was bound to be a stain on her mother’s rule right from the start. Forget about the fact that she had followed in her mother’s footsteps and claimed a dungeon, and the title of capturer, herself. She just didn’t want to ruin her mother’s day. She had worked so hard and deserved everything positive that she had coming her way this day, it would make her feel like such a horrible daughter. She wanted nothing more than to remain locked away for the day within her thoughtfully custom designed room. Further reason why she felt it best to not ruin her mother’s reputation by letting her become known as the “Ruler with a Tree for a child” or even weirder.

She could only sigh at the stressful thoughts bouncing around in her head as she sat in her own personal mini-garden which took up the center of her sitting area. If she were ever to admit it she’d have to say her room was less a “room” and more like a small house all its own.  Then again she did practically have an entire wing for herself and her retainers. At her side sat the large white-furred fox that was formally the kunoichi from Kina Akane. Her personal bodyguard who remained even closer to the princess since the two had undergone their transformations. Sunlight fell over the two from an opening in the ceiling intended for the garden, and Menat, to gain nutrients from.

Now

Menat couldn’t be any more grateful for the fact that her favorite piece of clothing, the enchanted coat she had received from a stone golem spoken about in passing local rumors, had a rather sizable and comfortable hood on it. It made for an easier time to keep her drastically different facial features hidden from the party guests thus far. The entire article of clothing did a surprising job at hiding her body in general even without her attempting to close it in the front. It felt as if it had been made for a male with about twice the amount of body mass than she herself had, even with her plant based body and hardened bark skin. On her the coat felt more like some kind of ceremonial robe a magician would wear but she certainly didn’t dislike it. Her brothers Merlina and Merzan waited outside the hall their mother’s coronation was to be held, waiting for the woman of honor to arrive and initiate the entire rite that would rightfully crown her as Empress of Meridia. The trio were silent, Menat the only of the royal children to have a chalice of sanguine wine clasped in her gloved hand, the rim held against her lips as she drank from it. She lamented the new lack of the sense of taste in moments like this. It was her mother who had shared her first taste of wine with her back when Meridia was still a fresh bud in the land’s soil. It was a memory tied to taste that she would now have to keep alive with pure willpower.

Their mother would soon arrive, looking more stunning than normal with the tasteful application of rarely worn makeup. As they had practiced prior the congregation followed Merrze, Menat doing her best to stay to the side during her mother’s moment. Spears slammed the balcony floor as the soldiers drew the attention of every guest in the hall below to her mother. The crowning went off without any problem, the crown having found its resting place on her mother’s head and the introduction of the “Akidaito” Merrze Firdaus ringing through the oval shaped hall.

Great Temptor's Rope:

14Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] Empty Re: Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] 19/09/21, 06:51 am

Zafar

Zafar
β-Tier
β-Tier

Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] Stgm6o1

A traveler from Magnostadt had arrived in Meridia to attend this grand occasion. Ever since his transformation into a Lava Beast, the former killer clown had secluded himself in the tower of an acquaintance. His urges to fight and kill that were nearly an addiction had been drowned in new vice. A masochistic hedonism took over as Zafar reveled in the sensation of burning alive all the time. Simply existing in his molten state left the twisted individual in a constant state of arousal. His life had become a pattern of lounging in a pool of himself eating the occasional chunks of ore provided by his host. At first this was heaven but in time that constant joy slowly became normal. Boring. Unbearable.

Feeling an itch within his soul, the lava creature decided to finally go out into the world once more. He requested a thick leather coat and cooled his magmic form as much as possible to avoid burning through the material. There was still a subtle burning smell that wafted out from the man if you stood close to him. But there was no smoke and the hood hung over to shroud his stone face hiding eyes that glowed like dim embers. It was an imperfect disguise, but one that had gotten the burning wanderer far enough to stumble upon a new nation that had sprung up in the South East during his time away from the outer world.

The journey here had been long and tiresome. With most of his body cooled down and hardened his movements were slow and deliberate. Many who saw him on his travels assumed he was old or infirmed, but any who offered help were soon scared off with the gravely grinding voice of the lava beast replied in stern decline. Along the way he would occasionally pick of stray stones and munch on them to sate his hunger, but the pebbles were bland in comparison to the iron and coppers his previous diet had been full of.

It was just when Zafar was lamenting this fact to himself that he had overheard some Meridian citizens speaking enthusiastically about their soon to be crowned Empress. Talk of anticipation for a huge feast at the event which was open to the public reached Zafar's hearing and the hooded lava beast gave of molten smile. He had not tried human food since attaining this new form, nor did he have any money to pay for an honest meal. Since the ceremony was today, Zafar decided to make his way with the crowds and slip right into the great hall where the empress was to soon emerge and address the people.

Zafar didn't exactly blend in perfectly with his thick hooded leaders and the light burning scent that trailed his every move. But at most others just avoided him as he went straight for the nearest dish to start plating up some food. Too impatient to wait, Zafar plopped one fork full of meat into his mouth. A quiet grating sound was heard as he pulled the now warm fork from obsidian glass lips. "...disgusting...." The lava beast spoke lowly to himself in a desolate tone, his stone expression frozen in despair.

This process repeated as Zafar slowly made his way down the table. One dish after another passed his lips until he reached the end only for Zafar to repeat the pattern at another table. He had tried every meal and appetizer provided to the guests and yet not a one could meat his new pallet. By this point the smell of burnt leather now mixed with a myriad of scents such as burning meat, cheeses, sea food, and vegetables. This odor created a barrier about two meters in which nobody was willing to get near the supposed glutton.

Zafar was devastated by this realization that he could no longer enjoy human food. No wonder he had experienced no cravings for it till now. In fact, it was better to say that he had come here not out of craving but merely curiosity. The man looked around in distress as he searched for an exit so as to make a dejected departure. But as his gaze scanned the room he noticed a glimmer of color. Zafar's slow steps out of the banquet carried him over to a quiet corner where Neph had found himself waiting. The fellow dungeon beast wasn't just imagining the increase in temperature due to the drinks. The air warmed up and that burning smell got a bit stronger as Zafar's body began to produce more heat. The lava blood flowing beneath his stone shell moving faster and faster with excitement.

Zafar stood there for a moment thinking and then decided to shuffle off past Neph where he would look for a corner with nobody else around. The hooded figure would discretely shift his hand behind his back and release a small scarab from his palm. The lava nesting beetle spread its wings and lazily flew upwards from behind Zafar following the wall until it was far overhead near the ceiling. There it turned and made a bee line for one of the man extravagant chandeliers that were hung throughout the great hall providing light and beauty. Both decorations and statements of wealth due to the fine metals and encrusted gemstones aesthetically placed all over the metalwork.

The beetle would land on the stem of the fixture and crawl down where it would not be easily seen. There, it opened its mouth and began chewing ever so slowly at the connection point. Meanwhile, Zafar slowly made his way across the floor and around the table to position himself just beneath the chandelier. His eyes cast upwards looking on in anticipation.

Zafar:

15Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] Empty Re: Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] 23/09/21, 04:37 pm

Trently

Trently
A-Tier
A-Tier

It lied before his eyes, the natural beautiful, standing tall and magnificent. Well, the stories were true of the pretty sight to behold here at Meridia, the new Empire that had blessed this land. How amusing this was for Trently. In his finest garbs, he had came unto the streets of Meridia. Invited to the banquet for the crowning of the very first queen of this nation, he felt quite excited, and wished to see more of this supposed famed ruler of this new Empire, only the second Empire of this vast world. Sure, there did exist Reim, but that ancient Empire had long fallen now. It was now just the oriental one of the east, but now, there was one which as risen to fair prominence as of late.

If the nation was ruled well by her majesty, trade and commerce was to flourish well here. It was the sign that a nation could attract wealth from other places and truly be accepted by the world as an equal country. Nobody could deny trade that which they could benefit from greatly. It was a rarity that a nation did not seek trade. If this land was as bountiful as they looked, then other traders from far off places must be foaming out the mouth to establish relations with the royal crown and people. Trently himself had come for far more than what had met the eye, however. In his fine black kimono that was designed with white clouds and fanciful blue bolts of lightning, he had shown up to the party.

Trently: "Ah, Meridia, how pleasant to be here.. ! Guaiwu, look over here! What colorful fruits Meridia has! Have you tried any yet!?"

Said a young merchant, who would have began to jam his face with fruit.

Guaiwu: "Eh- Wha?"

Replied the bulky man whom had just gulped down a slab of meat.

Irosa: "I now present before you, after these longs years and endless battles, your Akitdaoh Merrze Firdaus of the Meridian Empire."

It cut past the ears of the duo from Kou like thunder. It were to halt both men who had just swallowed the last bits of their delicious food within their salivating mouths. No more chewing, the men had their attention captured by the voice. It was the time of the hour.

16Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] Empty Re: Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] 05/10/21, 08:14 pm

Yoshiro Zu

Yoshiro Zu
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

A voice would be heard over the chattering crowd of people, “Introducing the Emperor of Kou, Yoshiro!” At this a tall man would enter the room followed by a small entourage of Kou officials that the man would attempt to scatter them away from himself. He was wearing a long blue robe with golden embroidery and lacing and with long black hair that seemed to be well kept by a host of servants. His eyes were accentuated by dark lined underneath them to show how exhausted he was from constantly trying to solve problems that kept popping up. However, that was there and here was here. This was not a time for worry and work but a time of celebration.

He would smile and wave at familiar faces or even those that just looked his way. He was a bit out of breath as if he had rushed to the party hoping to make it in time. He would still carry a regal presence about him as he talked to other guests. It had been quite a while since the Emperor had been able to attend a party but this was a special occasion. It wasn’t everyday that a new country was made in this day of age. Also he had met the new Empress on a few occasions and was happy to meet her once again. The emperor would walk up closer to the balcony that the empress was standing on before giving a small bow as a sort of introduction and greeting to the new leader.

17Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] Empty Re: Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] 05/10/21, 10:02 pm

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"People of Meridia, honored guests, fellow rulers, and aspiring folks, welcome to this fine nation, welcome to my home. Those who I have been lucky to share it with the past years know how it has grown, how I've wished for it to be something more. In the heart of my palace, there is a garden, just like any other in the city. Just like the trees which carry a great bounty around the city so too does it carry fruit for any to consume. My halls may be overly decorated, and the architects I hire have a flair for dramatics as everyone can see. Yet, they lead to a growing university and universal education for the willing. An embassy for people to come and gather, to find their place here, and the knowledge and training to raise future protectors for the nation."

She would hold her speech for a moment, a fervor reminiscence of her gladiator days dripped through. Her voice would return, speaking now with kindness which shook the halls as she poured her heart into each word. "I"m not saying this to brag, my tastes are gaudy enough to where I don't think I need to exaggerate with my words. I share these things because this is the home I wished to create. When I was young I lost everything I could call family, I lost everything that belonged to me as they came for my body and my name. In the pitch-black cavern of my cell with no fragrance besides the dew and no vision besides the dim reflection visible beneath my blindfold all I could do was dream. I had my freedoms stolen and my body contained, but my mind could roam. I saw a land where the young could play and rest with full stomachs, were the people all had a chance. I saw kings and queens, governors and senators alike protect nothing but their own. So I saw a world where the ruler existed not to life off the people but to fight for them. I wished for a place to endlessly run free, to live and have a family. Every day my family grows, the people who come here grow together. Many of those here have lost their homes, or seen what war does to a nation where the rulers wage the resources of the nation on their whims. She would take a break, passion caused to stand proud her hand against her chest. The sanguine lens of her eyes would flicker, carrying the glare of her passion.

"I have only ever wished to make this my home, and the head of a home does not sit by while the rest watch after. No, it is my duty to protect the people of this nation, of this empire and creed. For the sake of all those that wish for a prosperous world, we fight. Akitdaoh is my official title, for those who do not know of the local dialect this is a shortened phrase for the term ""Protector Emperor"". I do not wish to conquer lands, to free people who do not want. However, we do wish to offer a place for rest, for places for the wild to roam, and lands for plenty to settle. The cruel hold no place ruling in my borders, but those who wish to advance with the world are welcome at my table. As I wish for the empire to grow, I hope more for the chance to share Meridia's growth generously to build for a better world. So that one day, children do not need to look the sky hungry- so a success story is not one step away from tragedy." Dejection would leave her tone, allowing for a moment of joy to return.

Glaring fangs in a vibrant smile her dress and ornamentation would glare flutter with the dance of a thousand glittering lights. With arms open in an embrace she was a sun of compassion offering her honest love for the people there. It was likely not all had the best intentions, she knew there would be those who undermined her dream or tried to take advantage of the fanalis' kindness. Still, at this moment it did not matter. For after two decades since her lowest point she was seeing a dream come true. To build this land, this palace, and the cities which sat in her borders. It was a veritable garden of civilization which she could only yearn to cultivate further.

"So I thank you, for sharing this meal with me, for sharing this day with me. For I love my family, and I dedicate myself to you all, to them I only ask to give what they can for the people of this land. So while I rise today, as the protector of this nation, my eldest three prepare to begin their role in assisting this nation." Turning towards the precipice of the balcony she would hold the curtain wide for each to step forward, announcing each of them as a butler would arrive with their crowns.

"Menat my eldest, Merlin my second and just slightly younger Merzan." a gentle grin followed her words. Her spriggan daughter, her growing son with persimmon hair and warm sunset eyes. Then, beginning to tower over his older brother a boy with hair the color of cherry blossoms and a wine-red glare. All sorts of faces would graze them, plenty here had known her, some had met Menat, but this was their word as well and they needed to see it. Before them in order, the crowns would be presented with the crown jewels being shown off.

Gems:

While they would be crowned, she would speak out to them one last time. Of the familiar faces, she saw she ached to join the crowd. "I give them the chance to speak to you, but rather than to take more of your time myself I'm going to come down and enjoy the drinks. Here in due time, we're going to open the party up to the garden for a show I desperately wish to share with you all"

Excitement would linger in her tones as she would linger around the steps. Slowly she would descend. coming to embrace the life of the ball.

18Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] Empty Re: Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] 19/10/21, 06:02 pm

Neppy

Neppy
A-Tier
A-Tier

Neph found himself a chair and sat down with his plates for a brief moment. Merrze had made her appearance, and finally begun her grand speech. His memories after the civil war, and to his upbringing passed through their collective mind, Aseo reliving his tales just a little, altogether making Neph shed tears at her words, or the young boy himself thought it was the fresh influence of booze that increased his sensitivity to the lovely celebration of founding, Merridia. Even at Merrze’s word, his eyes would drift to Emperor Yoshiro once, and the Lava Beast on the ceiling twice. Really quite the beast in fancy clothing found in one place.

Even if that’s what he slow begin to think , Neph had moved towards the table from his chair. Grabbing another plate after discarding his first, and placing down additional food to scarfing down. It was such a delicious meal combined up of wines, vegetables, and meats even he couldn’t resist eating more than others who haven’t gotten their chance. And as he ate more, the more Merrze’s got to finishing her grand speech he bearded through his chewing, even stopping when she said she was handing the stage to her three eldest. Neph only met Menat once, and he didn’t feel interest in listening to what she said, so he continued to work on the buffet and complete his plate.

Not much for him to think about the other two really he would eventually meet all them naturally if he rose up to become a shield for merridia, but Neph could only finish his work, and start his Guard’s work! Back to chewing he went after his thoughts passed. Hopefully the lioness would come upon him and have a short conversation, but he was also feeling shy about approaching her when so many was also. For now he couldn’t tell if he might listen to Menat or not, and continued eatting.

19Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] Empty Re: Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] 20/10/21, 01:44 am

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

A party, for most of the world it was a place of relaxation and revelry, and in the world of politics, it was a place of intrigue and networking that was one of the tools of the state. However, for an Empress such as Merrze whose to say that her party couldn't be a host to all sorts of interpretations. This could be seen with some of the guests who had made their appearance, and those who would soon be making their own.

A few minutes after Yoshiro's entourage had fully intermingled into the party there was another announcement as other figures of note had made their appearance. There were two groups of trumpeters, each a mixture of humans and families they were only separated by their clothing, the ones on the right wore golden Reiman armor like that of the army with a few special flourishes here and there. The group on the left was dressed in what could be described as Reiman clothing but with a mix of furs, and tartan patterns not usually found within the army. Despite their differences, they both began to trumpet as their procession followed into the party.

A Fanalis, young, and lanky stepped out from behind the classically dressed, he had his hair in a short cut, curly and hugging his crown, He looked excited as he began to herald for his part of the procession. "Introducing to the court all the way from the western nation of Reim, General Octavius Flavius, Head of the Fanalis corps"

With his name being spoken Octavius made his way into the party, he looked like he didn't care too much about the fanfare around him acknowledging a few silents looks with a wave of his hand. His stoic entrance might've given the impression he didn't wish to be here, however with a somewhat excited gait the general began to make his way over to Merrze. It seemed like he was intent on making sure he said hello to his old acquaintance.

However, this was not the end of the delegation from Reim that had come to the festivities as soon enough a herald had come from behind the other group of trumpeters. There was a stout woman with pale skin and freckles her hair so black it seemed to shimmer blue like it were deep steel. With a loud beat of her hand against her chest, she made her announcement next.

"Ladies, Gentlemen, and all looking to be wooed from their pants, please welcome from the Gual region of Reim, son of Governor-King Vendoretorix, Prince Lir "The Songheart" of Gual!" Her words were full of pride as she herself bowed stepping aside.

The golden-haired visitor was not invited as Octavius had been, but he had come for his own reasons. Although, he entered the party peacefully, a soft song emanating from his lips as he took rhythmic steps. His melody seemed to ring throughout the hall, an odd stranger to most except maybe one. He had been inspired to come here partially because of recent events in his life and those were sure to be brought up tonight as he would look around trying to find the princess whom he had met within that dungeon.

20Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] Empty Re: Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] 21/10/21, 07:46 pm

Ustad

Ustad
C-Tier
C-Tier

Ustad Maru had arrived just after the big speech of his queen looking a bit frazzled. He had showed up late on purpose because he did not like being around large crowds of people but was guilt tripped by fellow merridians he knew. So here he was in his normal clothes that were somewhat dirty from working as he meanders around without much thought.

He would steer clear of the chattering teeth and went straight for some food just to get distracted. He would notice a pillar under the balcony that the queen was on. He would frown looking closely at it before pulling out some tools such as a hammer and chisel. He would go up to the pillar he was looking at before tapping away at the pillar with the tools. He didnt like the way it looked and decided to fix it his own way right there.

21Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] Empty Re: Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] 30/11/21, 01:52 am

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

Despite her best attempts to stifle it a subaudible groan still managed to escape Menat’s control that someone with some kind of hyper hearing would still be able to hear. Her mother had taken to her role as the nation’s leader well long before this official crowning but it still seemed like she hadn’t learned to really put any effort into her speeches. She always seemed to try and channel her old life as a gladiator in Reim when addressing a crowd and that didn’t make, at the very least, her eldest daughter hang on her words when she attempted something like this. Since taking up the role of Meridia’s liaison Menat had felt her levels of ass-kissing and sweet-talking far exceeded he mother’s skills in public speaking . She found herself thinking, yet again, that she should educate her mother at some point in making her public speaking more entertaining. She was, at the very least, thankful for that fact that she and her sibling had yet to join their mother before the crowd below her balcony.

“Damnit mom.” The eldest child hissed under her breath as she listened to her mother continue. She actively shifted the attention off of herself and onto Menat and her brothers seconds before the curtain separating them from the balcony shifted out of their way. Being the eldest it was Menat introduced first, a signal for the Crimson Spriggan to step through the divider and join her sole surviving parent before all who had arrived for her. Merlin was next to follow with Merzan leading up the rear. The trio stood in line before the masses below them, Menat’s face remaining hidden in the heavy shadows cast by the thick hood of her robe. Here she was actively attempting to keep herself from taking the attention away from their mother only for Merrze herself to drag her into the spotlight.

Set out before the three children were a trio of crowns, each one seemingly custom forged to the princes’, and Menat’s, personalities. Each stone set within the crowns had never crossed Menat’s path prior to this very moment. They had to be rare, or at the very least extremely expensive, for this to be the first time she had ever even caught the gleam of a single one of them. She found such a dark beauty from the gem in her own crown that she found herself practically falling into the lightning like streaks naturally formed within it as she stared at it. It was a serious fight for the eldest Princess to pull back her hood and expose her wooden visage to those staring at the young trio. She was far more thankful for the fact that her uneasiness was acknowledged by the individual that was to crown her, the crown instead being presented as a gift to the Spriggan rather than being placed upon her. As gently as she could she would accept the accessory into her hands with grace, a clear sign to all who watched of the kind of person she was.

Someone who would accept the role being presented to her yet with no desire to use it as an excuse to divide herself from those she would work with and aid. As her brothers continued their own ceremonies she herself would turn to follow her mother, her crown held with care in her hands.

22Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] Empty Re: Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] 20/02/22, 10:22 pm

Hahashi Yui

Hahashi Yui
D-Tier
D-Tier

This was the big time many invites were sent to this country grand opening, she did not know much about it but this would be a place to try to make a mark, if she could become a household or more for someone she would begin to gain fame. She disliked how her hometown treated non-mages so she had become a mercenary not set to any nation, she was a mage who was highly sought after in other nations as Magno controlled most of the world's mages.

As she entered she was in awe, this was a massive party, she dressed in her most mage attire even having the pointy hat and her staff in her hand. She certainly had some laughing at her outfit at such an event but she was there to get attention not blend it with the nobility and stuffy aristocrats with fake smiles. A gentleman would approach her as he would introduce himself she could tell he was nothing and thought she would believe him.

"Mam may I say your red hair is splendid like fire, you know I can grant you great power and prestige if you work for me."

She would look into his eyes as her eyes flashed red with him jumping back, she would simply smile at him and walk past. No, if she was going to get anywhere she needed to aim for people higher up the tree, not the rabble low-level nobles that thought they would raise in standing having a mage at their side.

She would finally get into range to see the three crowns and those it was going to as she would look with her fierce eyes and smile at the three. This is who she wanted to work for, people that could offer her the limelight and ability to grow world renown, she wanted to be known as the best, and being connected to royalty certainly offered this.

23Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] Empty Re: Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] 05/03/22, 08:15 am

Neppy

Neppy
A-Tier
A-Tier

Neph would continue to enjoy the lavish food as if his stomach was bottomless. Still near the arrangement of dishes just picking up new dishes he hasn't seen, or has but never gotten the chance to try. The boy hadn't seen his fellow guards that he normally speaks with so he felt sorta out of place considering he wasn't of high status within Meridia yet like he was in Kou. But thinking of his place, and how his heart felt of leaving Kou was satisfied but just the meal before him. He however did shoot fiery glances towards Emperor Yoshiro, the man was unsightly to him and just being in the same room made his hidden wings flutter, and tingly. Neph started breathing in and out to try and calm himself, before noticeing Ustad off to the right of him sort of interested by how the man just had tools on him and got to working in the middle of a ceremony. But that probably wasn't Neph's concern so he found himself back at his chair eating and stuffing his mouth full of booze, and all on his plate. It seemed he wasn't the only one who just came to see his empress in a shiny dress.

24Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] Empty Re: Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] 05/03/22, 09:47 pm

Merlin

Merlin
D-Tier
D-Tier

Merlin took his crown graciously, he would allow the attendant to place it on his head. He liked how nicely it suited him, and normally the attention was fine but he did look forward to the ceremony's end. Showing off his role as a prince, as an eventual warden of Meridia, he gave his most sincere smile. He looked out to the crowd, to the other regents who had been invited to this grand soiree. The lapsing laughs and cascading claps seemed like a pressuring song. He was a people person but the intensity, the pressure that was coming upon him was massive. He was prepared however, while it was scary he still had so much time for himself, to prepare. Getting on stage for the first time was always scary after all.

"I'm honored to be born into this position, we have our power because the people support us, so we will use whatever in our cause, in our power to uplift and protect you all. We are one interconnected family, and if we want that it's our duty to lead by example" he would say, his voice projecting out strongly but still with a tinge of his natural sweetness.

After he gave his small snippet he would step aside so Merzan would be able to have his go. His younger brother rambled on for quite a bit talking about the protection of the nation, and how he wishes to learn all that he could to become a spear and a shield. It was honestly a strange thing for a child to say, but he really did seem to have a taste for things related to the military. They might have needed to give him a talk about that but, he would save that for another day. The young magician stepped aside from the balcony, he was going to join the party and his big sis.

Taking off his crown Merlin approached Menat and would say "I know eating isn't the same but you know we have to hit the buffet. The girls you'd like would be there I imagine. " He would joke with his sister hoping to break some of the anxiety he was sure she'd have. They were there together plenty during the sporadic birth of this nation, they had to build what support system they could.

"Good job up there though, I know it's strange to be up there, mom was already a big deal, they already called her queen but it's almost now as if they see as godly now, god knows where mom is going. She's so dedicated to us, to this, I'm starting to wonder where time for herself fits in, it can't be that training she does..." he would trail off near the end of his speech.

Snapping back he'd say "Yeah sorry about that, so come on sis, whattya say about the party?"

25Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] Empty Re: Birth of Meridia [Job/Plot] 05/03/22, 10:07 pm

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Merrze would try and turn to her kids to talk to them, then she would see as her guards would be bringing over her guests of honor. She wanted to enjoy the party with them, and she would try to but she would fail to hear their conversation as her troops spoke over them to introduce Yoshiro, Octavius, and a man she had never met known as Lir.

"I appreciate the work gentleman" she would say, allowing them to take their leave. It may have been slightly rude before addressing her guests she would turn back towards her children for a moment "Menat, Merlin, Merzan I'm sorry I'll catch up with you three in a moment, please try and go out and mingle. Don't let anyone in the party feel left out."

Merrze would turn her head back to the trio. The fanalis would say "Gentlemen welcome, I'm glad you were all able to make it, and King Lir was it? It's a pleasure to meet you. I've heard of the kings in Reim's service but I've never met one. It must have been quite the journey for you and Octavius I hope things have been enjoyable for you so far. Well, does anything at the party catch your eye?

She was sure they may have been there for fun, but when in politics there were always one's own reasons and motives. The Empress was new to the game but she was far from inexperienced. SHe wasn't sure how much of this play was about that sort of game, but hopefully, she would be able to enjoy her own festivities.

Merrze wanted to have this day for herself, but in all honesty, this would be one of her hardest working days. She had been legitimized and acknowledged, but with all of that power and respect, it meant everything she was doing was going to be watched under every eye in the world. They were entering into a world of global powers, the powers of the past were beginning to change and become reborn as every action would cause a chain to spread its reaction to every other nation. As they became more interconnected things would become more sensitive, more dangerous as it could always lead to the loss of more life.

Maybe it was a bit dramatic, but those were the thoughts Merr was having. It had been a dream for such a long period of the lioness's life yet as she got closer to this day it made her analyze and realize how much work she would have to put in. Becoming a cult of personality, wishing to connect with the world, these were things she couldn't have imagined. Her face was strong, her body was proud, and it was all an image to project that control over the force of nature that she was. With all that she had done, the one thing she would try not to project was an image of fear. It was easy for a fanalis to do such, but they deserved more respect than that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum