You are not connected. Please login or register

Strange sun-singeing days [Open/Social]

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

It was strange for a fanalis to be in the city of magicians, so far from her home. In her head confusion started to churn, gathering like a storm. How could anyone think amidst this heat, it felt worse than summer in Balbadd! Maybe it was from all the crowding in the center of Magnostadt. It was horrendous to think that this part of town might always be like this at this time of day. She was only in the city to run some errands, and only got permission into the city because of the 5-year old which clung to her waist, her son Merlin.

The little fox hid kept part of his face hidden as it seemed most of the irritants were starting to get to him as well. Ignoring the pains the crowd brought to her she'd scoop him up. "It's Okay sweetie, we got your books, let's get something to cool you down, that sound good?" she'd gently offer.

"Mhmhm, I want something with mango if they have it!" He'd say with excitement, he deserved it trekking through the heat with her. His persimmon hair started to pale in comparison to the red on his face.

Picking up her pace the fanalis would scan around the crowds, looking for some sort of stall or booth. By the looks of it they were still in a general goods district, but the food markets couldn't be too far, nor would they be closed on a day like this. [I] step ... step step... step step step stepstepststepstep[i/] Her pace hastening to that were bumping into the crowd was a hazard, weaving her way in and out she would start to draw attention but there was no time to slow down with the goal in sight!

"Full charge ahead Mommy!!!" The young Merlin would happily cheer as she ran, not her full speed so as not to hurt or scare anyway one. But what point was there in ruining his imagination?

"ZOOOOOOOM, here we go, one sweet treat coming right up!" a giggle would soon follow after as her last steps would put her in line to grab a frozen treat. A painted board listed their menu items, they offered five different fruit, layered over ice that had some of the fruits juice stirred in.

They were lucky in the fact the line was only a few customers long, as it seemed plenty of other shops had similar ideas. With two people in front of her she had the time to weigh her options. She'd go with the first option was watermelon, which she'd get for herself. Next was starfruit, papaya, strawberry, and then finally "Mango!" the young mage said excitingly.

"Looks like we're in look here bud, and I still have enough to pick us up some stuff for dinner and desert later, you're lucky I'm spoiling you, and don't tell your siblings, you all get stuff when you go places with mom." She'd say with their spot moving up in line.

It would only be a moment before it was now their turn to order, with her Huang ready she'd casually hand it over as she spoke. "One Mango Ice, and one Watermelon ice."

A quick transaction and another moment's wait, their treasure would arrive! "One watermelon Ice, one mango ice, your order is up!"

Merrze felt full inside seeing the joy that spread upon her seconds face as he held the papyrus cone which held the treat, which came with a shaved wooden spoon, the young child choosing to just bite it.

"Be careful you don't want a brain-freeze." she chuckled while moving out once again into the crowd.

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

A little fox whimpered as she snuggled her master's neck, trying to avoid the blazing sun by covering herself with the girl's hair. Noticing how much her companion felt under this very hot weather, Noir thought that it wouldn't be good if she stayed on her shoulder like that, but putting her in her bag would be worse too. She wondered if they should stop for a bit to get some refreshments, but they just reached the exit of the academy and the food market was still miles away from where she was at the moment. But to be honest though, it was the hottest day she ever felt in Magnostadt and the sun was unforgiving as it kept blazing without any signs of cloud. She felt the heat right away the moment she stepped out and almost decided to just go back to her dorm room to chill... but she had to buy food for her companions and for herself as well… the irony.

Well, Shousui was probably enjoying her life at the nearby inn with Haku, chilling and probably doing other stuff together, so Noir thought she couldn't just barge in and crash in the older magician's place to be pampered. Although Shousui pampering the younger ones certainly couldn't be called as pampering, she would just mostly let them do anything as long as they didn't disturb or annoy her in doing her own activities. Her pampering would be more to be like, she wouldn't judge you for what you are doing but she would throw a few sarcastic comments with her signature chuckle although she would surely give you food or something if you ask her. Already gotten used to her way of pampering, Haku wouldn't mind to spend some time together with Shousui, especially when the lady was beginning to be fond of the liger himself. As for Kuzunoha... Well let’s just say she preferred to spend more time with Noir more for now because she got the job as house guard a lot when the three of them were doing some actions out there.

Noir’s stomach began to growl though, as if they were protesting because they didn’t get any food. The girl knew it was kind of her fault because she spent time reading and ignored the first pleas from her own stomach when it said it was hungry, but she didn’t feel sorry at all...but that was just her being petty to her own stomach. The first thing she would probably get might be some foods to be eaten on the road and… some cold refreshments maybe and she had to find food for Kuzunoha and Haku as well.

After doing some planning mentally, the girl would bear the heat and did some quick steps in order to reach the food market quickly and God did she make a mistake to choose to go to the food market at the time like this because… look at the crowds and the lines. At this point Noir could choose to just endure the hunger or… enduring the heat and toughened up to buy food to avoid another protest from her stomach. With a heavy sigh, the girl walked towards the food market with determination and thanked Ilah that all the crowds and lines were for those cold treats. She immediately headed to one of the stalls that was selling one of Magnostadt’s signature foods, Shawarma. Well she kind of liked it and it was a pretty good food to be eaten while walking on the road, with sliced lamb meats, plenty of salad, vegetables, hummus and pickled turnips as well as refreshing sauce… Noir thought that it still tasted as tasty as the last time she ate it around 1 or 2 years ago. Not only that, the food also included the Limonana, a summer drink made from Lemon and Mint, so there was no need for Noir to actually go to the crowd and waited in line to get cold treats.

The black haired girl would take a sip of the refreshing drink before biting her shawarma and letting Kuzunoha hold the Limonana so she could drink it as well, but there were too many people and it was kind of hard to be careful to not bump into people. Unfortunately, Noir bumped into a woman who was holding her child and Kuzunoha, being surprised, accidentally dropped the Limonana into the ground. “Ahh, I apologize, Mam.” Noir said as she suddenly kneeled to pick the Limonana.

wc: 753

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

How long had it been since she had properly relaxed? Well, certainly not anytime during the past week, nor even in the last few months… Damn, she had no idea! All she knew was that it had been much too long and, by Solomon, was she going to make up for that lost leisure.

Wandering about the streets of the magicians’ city, Zubaidah was filled with a refreshing curiosity. She had not been so eager to explore some new place since her blithe days in Heliohapt. She was free from the restraints of work and war and blessed with the wonders of Magnostadt. It was wondrous itself that she had even achieved entrance to this exclusive academy, a miracle she put down to her connections with that sombre priest.

To her right, a moving staircase; to her left, a vehicle without wheels. Those ingenious usages of magic captured Zubaidah’s eye and set a smile upon her lips, appreciating the advanced state of the city. She was aware that such advancements must have a price, surely a dear one, but her appreciation superseded those thoughts for just this moment. Could she not acknowledge the beauty and progress they embodied?

As she wandered a little longer, she felt her throat parch under the singeing sun. This ushered even more ideas - not of beauty and progress, but edible delights. She knew of a treat known as kulfi, having heard it of it from her father. He had apparently shared it with Magnostadt’s ambassador in this very city during one of his visits as the Parthevian equivalent. ‘Soft as velvet,’ he said, ‘and sweet as honey.’ But most importantly, ‘The ice hits like a spark upon your tongue.

Only a moment later was Zubaidah standing in line, her huang ready for purchase and her thoughts focused on snowy goodness. And, damn, did it deliver; a winter wonderland in the heat of summer. But as she ate, or rather as she ascended on a cloud of creamy snow, she nearly tripped over a black-haired woman reaching for her drink.

‘Oh, apologies, miss. I didn’t see you there!’ As she leaned closer to help her with the drink, the woman’s appearance began to seem almost familiar, oddly so. ‘This may seem strange, but have we met?

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Merlin would stand feeling slightly worried as space around seemed to crowd. A soft bump would cause a woman they ran into to drop her refreshment. What a shame, especially on a day like this. While thinking to herself she would extend her hand out to the kneeling woman. Turning on the motherly charm Merrze's smile would glow as she said "I'm sorry about that, it seems like there's no space to go around even with all these sales. Can I buy you something else as an apology?"

Waiting for a response her eyes would analyze the person below her. The young boy would have no idea but her face seemed familiar, but with the angle, she couldn't see he features quite right. Her scent wasn't something she could mark either as Merrze hadn't trained those features of hers so they were lacking. It was like a sneeze that didn't come, it scratched and bothered the tip of her nose. Before her curiosity could call forth an answer another person would pop up. This purple-haired mistress didn't seem to have much of an idea where she was going, as she almost tripped right over the black-haired beauty.

"Well if too many of gather here I think the crowd might start staring." A joke would roll off the fanalis' tongue. It was also in hopes to move things along. As they got closer their bodies would only produce more heat. She was sure they didn't want to spend more time bumping over each other, it was obvious the young Merlin wanted to. The young magician would just continue to eat away at his desert while his mother would continue dealing with the others. Once again the fanalis would speak up. "How about we go someplace where we can sit down and maybe enjoy what cool things we have, I hear some of the bars have been using ice magic to make some wonderfully cooled desserts and drinks" She'd nudged, her expression helping to try and push the idea to the other ladies.

There was just the matter of the young man. "I'm Merrze Firdaus and this is my son Merling Firdaus, come on Merlin you wanna go somewhere fun and chill?" She'd look around, ending her gaze on Merlin as she spoke.

With a happy head shake, he chirped with a well-articulated response and a bright smile. "I think that sounds pretty cool Mama, I think I can talk if I uh get too bored I picked up some story books from the library!"

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Noir would take the woman's hand and try to stand up slowly, she would shake her head and refuse politely as the mother of the child offered to buy her something else. "It is alright, Maam, thank you for your kindness, though.” She would look towards the woman, wondering if they met before… Her face feature seemed familiar for some reason but Noir couldn’t tell who it was in her memory storage although she had photographic memory.

Just like a continuous bad luck, another person almost tripped over Noir. The magician recognized the purple haired lady immediately, although she never spoke to her at all during that battle. “Oh, I saw you at that battle… at the Plains.” Noir was hesitant to bring up that battle, especially in front of a little kid, but hopefully the graceful lady remembered about it.

Kuzunoha would be clinging to Noir’s neck, seeming not sure on what to do as she was ‘surrounded’ by other people at the moment. However the black haired girl would pet the fox a little bit to calm her down for the time being before shifting back her focus on the other two ladies. The magician’s eyes began to sparkle when she heard about these bars using ice magic to make desserts and drinks, she never went to that kind of place before and now she was very curious. “If you don’t mind, I would love to tag along, Maam.” Noir responded politely although she was still unsure whether or not she should go with them, but her curiosity was too strong and she wanted to see the mentioned place right away.

“My name is Noir Ecryola, this little fox here is Kuzunoha. It is a pleasure to meet you.” The magician bowed slightly and was followed by the shy fox who was standing on Noir’s shoulder, although Kuzunoga quickly clung to her master’s neck right away.

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

That must be it - the battle! Ah, you don’t seem keen to remember it. Apologies for bringing those memories up, I’m sure we’d all rather forget them…

Zubaidah smiled welcomingly, her eyes bright and words light. But behind that happy expression, her mind’s cogs started whirring as she questioned whether that bloody battle was where she truly remembered the balck-haired woman. She had certainly been there, but a deeper memory reflected those golden eyes… Was it from the fiery dungeon?

‘Forgive me, I suppose it’s my turn for introduction, isn’t it?

Shaking her purple locks, she ground those thoughts to a halt. She was not here for her usual investigative work, not at all. She was here to relax and have fun - and she would have fun.

‘Zubaidah Mansur, pleasure to meet you all!

Gazing with both wonder at the clever child by Merrze’ side and delight at Noir’s lovely companion, she pondered upon what other marvels he would come across in this city of magicians. No sooner thought than she heard about another marvel - those magical desserts. Using ice magic to produce chilled desserts? What a genius remedy for the summer sun!

‘I wonder if you’d be fine with another tag-along? This heat is killing me, and I could really use something cold. Especially since I just finished this kulfi…

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum