[suggestion] a lift on travel restrictions

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

for reference, the current restrictions on travel are as follows:

- a word count (judged on distance) is required to be met. alternatively, a payment of 10,000 huang in the fast travel thread.

- characters may only have a thread in one country at a time.

- there is an exception for the above if there is an event. however, they are only allowed to travel for one event at a time.

now, after brief discussions, there are several opinions on how much some of these rules should be lifted. i can not voice them for those people with accuracy so i will leave them to say their piece. thus, i will explain my own argument:

due to the size of the active player community on this site, i do not think it is healthy to lock characters within a single country at a time. it forces us to congregate into one place while leaving the others inactive. if we spread out, we're left role playing with one other person or no one at all.

even back when the site had more active members, it was very limiting. back during the kou civil war, it prevented a lot of players from leaving the country board. a lot of people felt stuck and it caused tensions.

it should be the player's choice what to do with their own character's plot and timeline. if someone wishes to lock themselves to one country at a time, that should be their choice. it shouldn't be forced.

however, being able to participate in the events in one country at a time is a rule i can support.

in short, i believe this site would be a lot more active between us if we could write in multiple countries at once. i would like to see the travel restrictions taken away entirely but we should keep the event restriction.

feel free to reply to the thread and leave your own suggestions for this topic below.

Jumanah Necowl likes this post

Jumanah Necowl

Jumanah Necowl
β-Tier
β-Tier

I feel before bed I should chime in with my thoughts since I was in the chat when we talked about this. I feel that the extension recently made was a good start and I do like the idea of just one event per character and being allowed to travel for said event. Though I do wish there was a bit of a step further. I like the idea of having to rp out traveling to a new location and feel it does add a bit of character to things given you can show your character and how they handle more mundane usually looked over parts though I feel like a more open set up for areas would be nice even if it was advanced to you can rp in 2 kingdoms at once max and if they are near each other. If we want to keep the integration of the you can't be everywhere at once opening up a few locations to be at once near each other could be a nice middle ground.

I just know I will work with whatever is decided upon but I would enjoy having access to rp with more people and also have fun with new people and also going to rp with old friends at the same time without all of us needing to be in one spot. We could also have a set up like you can have the full 8 threads in your main country and 4 in your non main stationed country like the one more close by or you. And by this I mean like you can only have 8 total still out of all your locations but in an area you aren't main set in but choose to rp in in addition you are limited to half so if you want more threads in that area you have to go there. This way it feels more like a visit but you can still rp with others with minimal restrictions and can still encourage people to write out traveling to new areas alongside the given encouragement if you can only go to one or two extra places at once.

I'm sorry if that came all out as gibberish but that's my main thoughts. But to sum it up, I will work with whatever comes of this, but a bit more cess would be nice and if we can still have a system in place to keep the traveling fun that could be cool as well. But I do think more openness could help with thread production given how limited it seems to get when you look to others and go wanna rp? Then realize you are not in the same place and can't travel due to not wanting to bail on others you're in threads with already and having to tell the other person let try to meet up later instead. Oh and like I said before I like the idea of only one event per character at a time.

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

I would agree to lift the travel rules as Diana stated above. Mostly because I consider the number of active players at the moment, it is good that more people are coming back here now but some aren't able to RP with each other because of the traveling limitation and perhaps the word count is kind of burdening as well for some people.

However, I understand if there's a concern about the IC time, like how can this people be on the same place at the same time. So maybe opening up the restriction a bit to be at 2 or 3 countries on the same time would be fine for me as well. It's just so people can RP more with each other from what I see without the worry of being locked in 1 country (because their RP partner went MIA or taking a long time to reply, or any related reasons).

Hopefully that makes sense though ^^;

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

This is a big benefit to our small community.
We have a word count or a huang cost, these are unnecessary. If you want to RP travel, feel free to RP it as much or as little as you want, including nothing.

Being able to in RP multiple countries simultaneously will help bring the community together, Diana spoke very eloquently on the issues and what it would fix. But also when we are all together for one event and people not wanting to leave because they have partners there and don't wanna lose out on the event, leaving them unable to work on location-specific plot in other countries.

Being able to RP in two countries right now is good, but can we do more?

1. WC/Cost
2. More than two countries.
3. Still support allowing 1 event at a time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum