Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1[ToM] The Final Battle Empty [ToM] The Final Battle 17/03/19, 01:46 pm

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

[ToM] The Final Battle U7ezsa1

Desolation. The battle of the Luo Plains had yet to truly even begin and the field was already littered with corpses. Overly zealous advance parties of both armies had skirmished numerous times here over the past several days as the main forces marched from their respective army head quarters. Yoshiro led his men from Rakushou, the capital, while Gao guided his troops out of the mountains and forests. By the time the two forces arrived and began to set up their encampments the stench of death was already lingering heavy in the air. The scent of rot mixed in with ash and smoke as civilians and non-combatants gathered up the corpses into piles to be burned after being looted.

The soldiers were unsure whether to consider it their good or bad fortune as dark thunder clouds rolled in from the north bringing with them a deluge that poured down onto the fields. Relief from the smell of corpses came, but so too did muddy conditions and ice cold rain. Visibility was reduced greatly and the two great army camps struggled to set up defenses in the downpour. The battle that many soldiers expected to take place to moment each force encountered each other ended up being delayed as neither side was willing to fight amidst the terrible weather. An entire day ended up passing before the rain let up slightly and both forces began to organize their troops for deployment.

Gao Yuan Zu
[ToM] The Final Battle VawMl22

Gao's forces consisted of people from all walks of life. Elite soldiers who were members of the old guard that once served him on his campaigns were present, but they numbered few and were spread out across the army in leadership roles to keep the others in line. The rest were mostly commoners, many of whom were not soldiers by trade. They were farmers or coolies, as well as nobles that had their lands taken from by Yoshiro's policies.

Their march to the Luo plains had been long and rough, many among them fell ill after the previous night of cold rain, but none spoke out with intent to avoid this fight. Some of them were just zealots. Freaks so loyal to Gao that he could kill their own family and still follow his every command. But most were not like this. Most had become dominated by fear of the dread commander that led them. The past battle had made one thing clear. Gao Yuan Zu was ruthless, even to his own men.

Word had long spread of how "traitors" were equipped with "weapons" that turned out to be bombs. Many had seen with their own eyes how drugged fanalis children were released onto the field as berserkers. Nobody wanted to imagine what sort of treatment lie in wait for those who abandoned Gao on the eve of this final clash. They swallowed their doubts and fears and told themselves that this was the right thing to do. Thinking of their starving families back home helped them justify serving such a cruel and sinister leader. After all, at least when Gao was emperor food and famine was almost never a problem.

"Are the men ready?"

The former emperor of Kou asked in a calm emotionless tone as the flap to his tent opened and a stream of commanders flowed in to take positions around a strategic map representing the battlefield. "Sir, we are prepared to move at your signal." One of Gao's oldest friends and most trusted generals stepped forward and took the initiative to speak. Of all Gao's most capable men, this one was one of the last remaining that had not been killed or captured.

Hei Lu:

"Good...I'm sure I don't need to remind you what's at stake, Hei Lu."

Usually there was a friendlier atmosphere between the two but the stakes were too high for them to be at ease with anyone right now. Even the grand conqueror himself had a heavy face that showed the weight of this battle was being carried fully on his shoulders. An uneasy silence fell over the tent after Hei Lu gave a knowing nod. The grim atmosphere wasn't because they lacked faith or confidence. Rather, it was because they knew that victory would come at a price.

Hei Lu cast Gao a meaningful glance, one that seemed like he was unwilling to part with his emperor and old friend. "Are you sure I can't persuade you to change your mind?" He asked, a hint of unwillingness in his tone. Some of the commanders present nodded and voiced their agreement in urging Gao to reconsider the battle plan they had been briefed on a day earlier.

"The battle plan hasn't changed from yesterday. You all know what to do once things begin. I'm going to finish this once and for all and bring my foolish son's misguided reign to an end."

The former emperor did no raise his voice. Calm and measured, he declared his order with his signature smirk that was a mix of deserved arrogance and supreme self confidence. Seeing that smirk filled some of the men with courage and elicited tears from those whom were more emotional. A surge of mixed feelings filled the tent as they all reaffirmed their loyalty to Gao in their hearts. Eventually the commanders were dismissed and left to make last second preparations and checks leaving only Hei Lu and Gao in the tent. Hei Lu watched the other commanders leave with a hint of guilt on his face before turning back to Gao. "Is there truly no other way?"

Gao Yuan Zu cast Hei Lu a side glance and then closed his eyes and let out a rare sigh. "The future of our nation can not be left in the hands of a divided court. Bloodshed is the only path Kou has towards survival now." For an instant, Gao looked as if he aged over a dozen years, but it passed as soon as he opened his eyes and a look of vigor emitted from his sharp gaze. Those eyes weren't looking at the battle map, nor to his old friend and general. That gaze pierced through the tent and across the battlefield to where his son was waiting for him...

Yoshiro Zu
[ToM] The Final Battle DyvSNhI

The bulk of Kou's rank and file soldiers remained loyal to Yoshiro and although most of their battle hardened veterans  had defected to Gao early on, there were enough elderly soldiers fond of Yoshiro's ideals that the army's leadership had not been entirely crippled. Where they were lacking in manpower, Yoshiro had shored those shortcomings up with paid mercenaries and freed political prisoners his father had condemned to the palace dungeons.

Compared to the ragtag forces of Gao, Yoshiro's men had a much easier time marching to the battlefield. They were able to use the imperial roads and had far more wagons and other logistical support which their enemies simply couldn't match. They arrived at the battlefield feeling relatively fresh, but after four battles against Gao's men there was a different kind of exhaustion setting in. A tiring of the heart and mind.

It was horrifying enough to know that the enemy had already turned their own men into bombs and used other despicable means to make up for their peasant forces. But the worst part is that almost no soldier fighting for Yoshiro could go a full battle without killing someone they used to know as friends and even family at times. Their physical advantage was evened out by the wariness of their souls. The toll this civil war had taken was too great for men like them that had chosen to serve a leader based on his ideals of fairness and justice. After all, where was the fair justice in brothers slaughtering one another?

Even so, each and every one of them believed or convinced themselves that Yoshiro was the only one who could lead their country into a new bright future. One of co-operation with the other peoples of the world as opposed to one of domination and suppression. There were challenges and compromises to be made along that path and none thought it would be easy or without sacrifice. But for the sake of peace and a world without war they were willing to follow Yoshiro down that blood soaked path.

Yoshiro's command tent. The sitting Emperor stood there at the head of his generals, his own most trusted aide Dong Zhu standing on his right. "So we're all in agreement then?" Dong Zhu asked as he looked around the room. The commanders nodded or spoke their agreement accordingly in response, none among them had second thoughts. Meanwhile, Yoshiro observed and did his best to learn from the wisdom of the more experienced soldiers.

Dong Zhu:

"I know that conventional wisdom of war would say this plan is foolish. It was selfish of me to ask you all to join me in this fool's errand, I can't thank you all enough for accompanying me."

Suddenly, Yoshiro spoke up after almost half an hour of silence. The commanders exchanged looks and then smiled and began to assure their emperor. Dong Zhu capped their kind words off, "My lord, it is precisely because you are the kind of man to propose a plan like this that we and all the other men are so willing to serve you." The words caused Yoshiro's mood to brighten and he smiled back to each and every one of them, locking eyes with his generals to burn their faces into his memories. "Thank you, everyone."

The group was then dismissed leaving the emperor and his closest adviser behind. "They have full confidence in you. After all, you've already killed Gao once...but they don't know the truth. Are you sure you are up for this?" The concern in Dong Zhu's expression was clear. Yoshiro could only give a wry smile back with a shrug. "I understand what you mean to say. This will be nothing like that assassination. This time he will be ready for me. But even so..." Yoshiro brushed the magic circle of his metal vessel gently with his fingertips.

"...Andras and Ariella didn't entrust me with this power just so I could die here. Besides, for all the accolades of 'conqueror' my father as earned; he has never conquered a dungeon."

Dong Zhu could tell that the young ruler wasn't just trying to convince himself, he truly felt confident. Seeing this, the old adviser nodded approvingly and clapped Yoshiro on the shoulder. "Our job is to make sure you can fight without worry. Just make sure you come back to us in one piece. Just because they are calling this the 'final' battle, it doesn't mean we can't regroup as long as you survive." The words didn't need to be said, but they made Yoshiro feel warm and invigorated inside. Almost enough to forget the dread he felt in facing Gao once again that was hidden deep within the usurper emperor's heart.

"Yes, and on that note call our newest general and the leader of that mercenary group in. Neither of them were present for the meeting and I'd like to personally explain the plan to them so I know there is no confusion."

------
Eligible participants have 48 hours to post before an auto Proxy post will be sent.

2[ToM] The Final Battle Empty Re: [ToM] The Final Battle 18/03/19, 01:03 pm

Mikazuki Tenma

Mikazuki Tenma
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The swordsman lifted up his sword as he was cleaning it in his room to check for any dust or dirty spot, feeling a little bit weird for cleaning another sword but it was clearly a better sword than what he had at the moment. He could feel something radiating from the sword and he knew it wasn't just an ordinary sword as it was capable to deliver magic. A sigh escaped his lips though, wondering how his sister was doing and if she was okay.  He heard that she was inside this mysterious structure called as the dungeon, fighting for whatever power stored inside for a good reason. Instead of keep worrying, Tenma knew he had to stay focused on the war and aided the emperor to gain victory and finally give peace for the nation. He just hoped that the imprisoned general of the enemy could give their side a useful information...that if he was willing to talk.

Just as he thought about it, he could hear someone outside his tent and the man would stand up before going towards the entrance of his tent. A soldier was standing there, nodding his head to the one eyed man and without speaking much, the soldier passed on the message from the emperor.  ”So it's time…” He thought to himself before nodding towards the soldier and getting ready before leaving his place, heading towards the command tent with the soldier.  “Excuse me.” Tenma would say politely as he stood outside the tent, getting ready to enter when allowed. “You summoned?”

3[ToM] The Final Battle Empty Re: [ToM] The Final Battle 19/03/19, 12:11 pm

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Merrze stood with her troops, waiting for the call or for her chance to catch up with Yoshiro. She found herself entering the battlefield in nothing but her normal clothes. Her loose garb allowed her to move freely, she kept her equipment, and such with her. The fanalis felt the winds brush against her bare skin, the chill was welcomed as the heat of battle was soon to pour down their backs. Many of the people there had wide eyes, this wasn't their country, they were an outside force. However she built her forces through the war, some of the people choosing to align with her came from Kou, some just slave soldiers who found their way here. She didn't like war, ultimately it brought more to her cause but it also brought stress, and worry like a downpour.

The pressure was usual, her last "final battle" against Kou she was burned badly, her hubris thwarted her own efforts to shine and make a difference. She stood proud as a vibrant image of white and red as her clothes fluttered in the wind. Riding along with came a couple of troops to gather Merrze, it seems she was being summoned.

"Emperor Yoshiro has requested to see you, move quickly we have a war to end."

The fanalis would hop to it, even her whale who watched from above the clouds would move with her. She would propel herself gracefully across the land, she wasn't far from the Tent, it would only take but a moment of sprinting for the young leader. She entered as a Mercenary force, this was her chance to show Meridia was starting to form into something more. The aid would be needed in building a proper structure for her people and making connections. Her thoughts quickly interrupted upon arriving at the then in which she would part to let herself in upon being checked by the guards.

"Merrze Firdaus, Leader of the Meridian forces, I've been told you've summoned me Sir?"

4[ToM] The Final Battle Empty Re: [ToM] The Final Battle 19/03/19, 01:40 pm

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

By the time the newly appointed general and leader of Meridia arrived at the command tent, Yoshiro was standing arms spread as an attendant was putting the finishing touches on helping the emperor don his Imperial armor. "Thank you, both of you, for coming. He said before dismissing the servant and turning around to face them in full battledress. His armor was gallant and shiny, clearly about to see its first true battle. Off to the side stood Dong Zhu, the man holding a sour expression over the way they addressed his emperor. But the adviser held his tongue knowing that Yoshiro did not care too deeply about formalities.

The two metal vessels had their magic circles light up in resonance with one another signaling the King Vessels of their respective status. But Yoshiro paid it no mind and gently placed his hand on his hilt unthreateningly so as to quell the metal vessels excitement. "As I'm sure you've both realized by now, this will be the final battle to bring a close to this wretched conflict...But it is not truly
a conflict between the peoples of Kou. Ultimately it is one between my father and I."
Yoshiro gave a wry smile and allowed a hint of guild to flash through his eyes.

"That said, I don't want any more lives wasted on account of this family feud. I won't be so naive to give the order to not kill any of the enemy today, but I have already given the command to our forces that we shall be purely on the defensive."

As if signaled by Yoshiro's words, Dong Zhu stepped forward and began to point out the formations depicted on the battlefield map spread across the war table at the center of the tent. "You may have noticed there was a lot of equipment brought along with us this time. Most of it armor, shields, and long spears. We've organized our troops into heavily defensive units and plan to deploy our lines only as wide as Gao's men. If they try to spread out surround us, we will have reserves to check any movements, but we wont be pressing any such maneuvers ourselves..." It all sounded simple enough, but there was a grave tone in Dong Zhu's voice that made it clear that there was more to the plan they had yet too reveal.

Yoshiro noticed that Dong Zhu was struggling to bring it up and knew that his adviser still had reservations about the plan. "We don't expect Gao's forces to try anything like that though, not with him on the battlefield personally this time. Instead, I'll be taking to the front line to challenge him directly in a duel!" After suppressing his own self doubts, Yoshiro confidently declared what Dong Zhu did not want to say.

"I know it might seem unwise, but my father has a reputation to uphold with those who see him as a heroic god of war. Not only am I sure he will accept, but its also safe to say nobody from his forces will interfere. For the sake of my own image, I must insist that the two of you don't get involved either. Instead, I have a very selfish request."

Yoshiro stepped out from behind the war table and approached the two directly. First, he came to stand before Tenma and placed a hand on the one eye'd man's shoulder. "As per our agreement, you are now a general of Kou and I've put you in charge of our left wing. I know that there is only so much death one man can prevent, but my task for you is to save as many lives as you can today...on both sides. If our men get too overzealous and start to slaughter our enemies, I want you to reel them in. If our own forces are faltering and begin to lose ground, I want you to move in to reinforce them and help stabilize the situation. Though it may run counter to the usual expectations of a warrior general like yourself, can I rely on you to take on this role of preserving life instead of taking it?" Yoshiro waited for Tenma's reply feeling sure that the young man would accept. After all, stories of his performance in the previous battle had reached Yoshiro's ears and he knew that Tenma shared the sentiment that it was wasteful for countrymen to be fighting each other in this senseless war.

Moving on, Yoshiro turned his attention to Merrze and stepped over to offer a clasping of fore arms. "By all rights, you shouldn't have to risk your people in our war. But you've chosen to stand by us today anyways. I'm sure you and your people might wish to prove your might, but the metal vessel by your side speaks volumes enough about strength. Your presence here shows the sincerity of intent to ally with Kou. Regardless of your performance or how this battle ends, you have my word that your fledgling nation will always be a friend of Yoshiro and Kou. After shaking arms, Yoshiro would take a step back and turn to point towards the battle map, specifically the right wing. "Our scouts have spotted a number of flying beasts among Gao's forces this time. I'm afraid they were an unexpected addition specifically arranged to deal with your airborne friend. I won't ask you to fight too hard. Protect yourself and your people for this battle. That will be enough...but if anything were to happen to me in my duel against Gao, I ask that you use your power to slay him in my stead. I know I don't have the right to ask you to clean up after me, but if Gao is allowed to gain power once more I fear it is only a matter of time before he threatens the rest of the world with conquest once more. Your new home is likely no exception."

The emperor would then wait to receive Merrze's response as well. As long as neither of the two had protests, he would smile towards both of them with the demeanor of a friend more so than a ruler. "We still have some time before the final deployment. If either of you have any questions or requests, now is the time to ask them."

DM Notes: 48 hours till the next reply. Also, all combat in this thread will be treated as plot and thus will not use up actual magoi/stamina nor will there be listed NPCs with damage thresholds. Have fun and use the fighting as a narrative tool to help develop your character and plot. Alternatively, if that does not appeal you are welcome to only post your reactions to the events taking place and the thoughts they evoke.

5[ToM] The Final Battle Empty Re: [ToM] The Final Battle 19/03/19, 08:43 pm

Cyrus Argentum

Cyrus Argentum
β-Tier
β-Tier

Cyrus woke up in the darkness it was still early but he wanted to make sure that he was ready. It had been a long time since he left his home in Riem, and even longer since he had seen his mother, the entire reason for him being here in the east. He failed to convince his sister to stop fighting and ended up in this war himself. But, in doing so, he learned so much about himself and what he wanted. He had met his trusty steed and finally came to an understanding with his sister. He even proved himself in battle during this war. So much so, that he was even called to meet the Leader, Yoshiro Zu and his generals however, he didn’t go, he was an outsider and this was not his war, he had no real loyalty to any of these people though he related to their weariness. His sister was the only person that he cared about in this war and wanted to ensure her survival over all else. “You should be the one to meet with the commander not me,” He said with half open eyes s he looked at the sun slowly peak over the horizon as he began to hitch Rokusai, his stag, who was shaking his head as if to wake up.
“The Fact of the matter is that he chose you. You should be grateful besides you saved me during the battle,”
“I know that! But still, I don’t belong here I’m only her to make sure you don’t die“
He left the estate without Ariana and made his way to the camp where many soldiers were gearing up to get ready for the battle, which would hopefully end the war and would allow Cyrus to be free. He shored himself up before going into the commander’s tent. But he stopped just at the door and didn’t go in. He was not prepared to do this nor did he want to. He took one deep breath and walked in.

6[ToM] The Final Battle Empty Re: [ToM] The Final Battle 21/03/19, 02:27 pm

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Merrze would listen intently to the words of Yoshiro. Ultimately she herself chose to enter this battle for personal reasons, she wanted to see the evil ended once more, this time to hopefully see an end to the war that she had seen since the start of her journey. It was personal for many of them, for that reason she couldn't ask to deprive Yoshiro of his battle. Her people had followed her to fight and protect, to create a home and champion a cause. Many wanted to see Gao's head on a spike, but they weren't fighting out of bloodlust, but out of duty.

As she pondered the thoughts for her troops and herself she would grab the arm of the emperor, gladly accepting his gesture. The fanalis responded in an extrovertive manner with her voice and energetic clasp. "My forces will make sure to hold the line and the air, we won't step in your battle. They followed me on my own personal journey in the name of our new identity. Many of them have been ripped from their homes to travel their world to new lands or find themselves near their homes or here where they had seen the tyranny of which your father's conquests had reached. Some know nothing of him except this war as they had been ignorant slaves their entire lives. They have all gone through hell, seeing the poison that war is to a people's. While they will fight to help and stand to protect and grow the Meridians wish for the fighting to conclude as well. Let's put an end to this war."

Her glowing bracelet would fade as she released herself from Yoshiro's grip. She would stand and wait, listening to the replies of the people around her. She was likely going to activate her vessel upon entering the battlefield. She was here to represent her nation so it was best she did it in her best dress.

She would give a slight notice to Yoshiro "I may stand my ground but I will still be presenting my power right off the bat, I can't risk the chance of being caught off guard, I expect this battle to go fast from my experience of battle's of this scale."

She would then wait for further instruction from anyone in the room. She did her best to try to keep a warm demeanor, they already had enough to stress about besides relations with each other, just like Yoshi said they were friends.

7[ToM] The Final Battle Empty Re: [ToM] The Final Battle 21/03/19, 09:19 pm

Mikazuki Tenma

Mikazuki Tenma
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As Tenma entered the command tent alongside with a woman, who introduced herself as the leader of Meridian Forces, the man couldn’t help but to wonder about the other woman he fought together with although it didn’t really linger in his mind for very long. He would only nod with a soft smile towards the Emperor as he greeted them, giving his respects and not wasting any time so they could start to reveal the reason why both Tenma and Merrze were called.

”Final battle, eh…?” The one eyed man murmured to himself as the emperor started the meeting with a rather peculiar wording, although he understood the reason behind it. Rather than calling it as a civil war… a family feud seemed more fitting for this condition although the level got elevated due to their royal titles.

The black haired man would remain silent when Yoshiro and Dong Zhu were speaking, he was listening to all of it tentatively and imagined the battlefield inside of his head while he made scenarios of what could happen. Although he would also follow the command if they wanted to be offensive, Tenma was grateful enough that they wanted to be defensive. That enough showed the swordsman that the Emperor had noticed the lives taken from the previous battle and the stress as well as the pressure that the soldiers bear as they attacked their brothers just because they were in a different side.

Yoshiro’s request was not very surprising actually, he was not that hard to read for Tenma. But he was worried about what will happen if Yoshiro took the front line…moreover challenging his father to a duel after requesting that none of them could get in his way. Gao could play dirty…and if he really did, would Yoshiro know the way to avoid it and still gain victory? It was risky, a 50:50 risk… Kou might lost their emperor if Yoshiro didn’t have anything under his sleeves… other than his Djinn. Tenma knew he shouldn’t be this worried though, yes Yoshiro was not weak in power and strategy wise, but that man could be very naïve and pure…compared to Gao.

The one eyed man would remain silent until the Emperor approached him and put his hand to Tenma’s shoulder to deliver his personal request. The one eyed man could accept that and he would definitely do it, losing any more of Kou’s men would only bring disaster for the country after the war. So he would place his hand on top of Yoshiro’s as he firmly nod and spoke with a smile, “I understand. You can trust me with this.” Tenma had something to say about the risk though, but he decided to wait until there was a right time to actually speak about it.

“I just need you to assure me about your duel with Gao…” Tenma would began to speak first right after Yoshiro asked if they had any questions or request. “It’s not like I underestimate your power, I know you are strong and smart, a kind and wise ruler as well… but we all know Gao can play dirty and he WILL play dirty for sure.” He would pause for a second before speaking more, “If anything ever happened to you, imagine how bad the moral of your soldiers would be. My one and only request is you coming back alive and in one piece.” That might sounded cheesy, but the one eyed man meant it. It will be hard to light the fire in the soldiers heart if anything ever happened with their leader, they would succumb into their own anxiety and there could be nothing they could do about it. Not only that… Noir’s safety would be threatened because of that… in the end all of his words were for the sake of his sister.

8[ToM] The Final Battle Empty Re: [ToM] The Final Battle 22/03/19, 08:58 am

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Merrze & Tenma

As the group were talking, the rain outside began to slowly disperse into a light drizzle. Things were still cold and wet, but the visibility had significantly improved. However, within the tent this could only be noticed as a subtle shift from a loud pitter-patter of rain drops to a softer one. Yoshiro was too focused on his meeting, but off to the side Dong Zhu's gaze sharpened and his expression turned grim. He cast an uneasy glance towards his emperor but remained silent as Yoshiro concluded his business with Tenma and Merrze.

"You shouldn't have to worry too much. I'm not as proud as my father, if things turn for the worse I will retreat and live to fight another day. Conversely, he knows how many eyes will be on our duel. Gao is not so foolish as to tarnish his reputation by defeating me with trickery."

The young emperor gave the one eyed man assurance with a smile. Though Yoshiro did not hold confidence in besting Gao in martial prowess, he did feel confident that in at least this duel there would be no foul play. "If Gao is to play any dirty tricks, it wont be in the duel, but through his armies. Be careful out there, General Tenma." Genuine concern laced his voice as he offered the warning and then turned to address Merrze.

There was understanding and trust in his eyes as he nodded and spoke, "Your power is yours to wield. Though I do not know the extent of your djinn's capabilities, I'm sure that it will both encourage our side and demoralize the others. Just try not to over do it. I would like to minimize casualties, but more importantly you must remember to save some magoi in reserve in case something unexpected happens." Yoshiro held a regal air about himself as he offered yet another warning of wisdom before turning to return to his seat at the head of the war table.

Yoshiro did not sit down, but instead placed his hands on the back of the chair as he looked to these two allies and began to make one final statement. "The task before us is daunting, but far from impossible. I trust we will be able to pull through togethe-"

"Urgent news! Forgive the intrusion my emperor!"

A sudden shout interrupted Yoshiro as a soldier burst into the tent and immediately dropped to one knee offering a salute. There was terror on his face, but he held firm. Dong Zhu was the first to react, seeming having been expecting the messenger. "Report!" Being barked at by the emperor's aide made the soldier jump slightly but he gulped down his fear and spoke clearly for all to hear. "The skies have cleared somewhat and the enemy camp has begun to move. They've started deploying their lines and our own commanders are moving to do the same!" After spitting out the report the man seemed to be on edge and unable to contain his emotions.

Panic filled his heart and soul, but a gentle hand came to rest on one shoulder, a heavy and on the other. Yoshiro and Dong Zhu had both strode past Tenma and Merrze. Each of the two men wore strong and bold expression. Looking up at his leaders, the soldier felt his tense nerves unwind as confidence surged and swelled up from inside. The gentle hand of Yoshiro a reminder of the kindness and just rule they were fighting for. The heavy hand of Dong Zhu a reminder of the strength and might that had rallied to their cause. "Looks like it's time..." Dong Zhu said to no one in particular.

"Indeed. Now we must go and face the day. Good luck you two, be safe."

Yoshiro turned his head to give one last parting wish to Merrze and Tenma before shifting his attention forward and stepping out into the light rain. Perhaps for the last time...

[DM NOTES: Take up your positions on the left and right flanks respectively and do any last minute organization of the troops under your command. Feel free to start fighting or wait until next round of posts where you will be prompted with combat.]

Cyrus

The center army was in the midst of forming ranks in a rush to prepare. No shortage of shouting and the sound of armor shifting about could be heard above the back drop of an ever present cold rain. Not too long ago the men were hiding from the rain in their tents or huddled around fires trying to stay warm. But the rain let up enough that the enemy decided to make their move. In moments the uneasy quiet turned into a cacophony of voices and movements as everyone scrambled to get into position so as not to be caught off guard by the sudden deployment of Gao's troops.

Amidst it all, Cyrus would be commanded by nearby officers to take his place near the front lines. "Listen up, maggots! Today is the day you receive the glory and honor of being the vangaurd!" One older commander with a gruff voice and even rougher attitude shouted as he trotted back an forth on his warhorse making sure that all the soldiers were moving with pep in their step and in the right direction. "Any of you feel like fleeing, just let my know! My glaive would be more than happy to remind you of your courage!" His voice boomed over the chaos threatening death to deserters.

"That won't be necessary, commander.

A voice suddenly cut through all the noise. The speaker did not shout, but somehow his words carried over all the shouting and clanging of equipment. The commander bowed his head low and many of the surrounding soldiers stopped what they were doing to turn and see what was happening. "I-It's the emperor!" One soldier finally shouted which led to a wave of excited murmurs and whispers spreading outward as Yoshiro made his way towards the front lines on horseback.

Surrounding the emperor was a group of elite guards, Dong Zhu, and a couple magicians. One of the magicians was currently channeling a spell through his wand sending green rukh towards the emperor causing the enhancement to his voice. "This army is not like that of my father's. We don't kill our own for having human emotions like fear or doubt." The emperor slowly came to a stop just a few meters way from where Cyrus and his sister were before casting his gaze left and right.

Everywhere Yoshiro looked, the soldiers felt as though he were looking at them personally. "If any of you wish to leave and return to your homes now, I guarantee there will be no punishment." The words caused the commander who was spouting threats to frown. "But my lord, it is the duty of these men to-" The protest fell on deaf ears as Yoshiro sternly looked at him. "The only duty I impart onto all of you today is to survive. Kou has lost enough of its sons and daughters this past two years..." Yoshiro then urged his horse to advance cutting through the ranks headed straight for the front of the formation.

Yoshiro had never led his troops before, but seeing him take point filled the soldiers with such vigor that none of them would dare to accept his offer to retreat. How could they when the man himself was headed to face the hell of war personally? Some of the veterans rubbed their eyes unsure if they were watching the Yoshiro thought to be feeble and unskilled in battle or if Gao's younger self had somehow manifested himself before them speaking words unlike himself. The aura of a ruler about him simply could not be denied.

The emperor came to a stop even closer to Cyrus and his group, they would be at the very front where the only thing between them and Gao's forces was an open plain littered with corpses from previous skirmishes. The young man's stag stood out from the rest of the forces and Yoshiro took notice of him giving a faint smile. The magician had ceased their voice amplification magic, so Yoshiro was able to address Cyrus specifically as he spoke.

"You're the warrior from Reim, aren't you? A member of the Argentum family. Word of your brave fighting in Kanshou reached even my imperial court."

The surrounding forces were still getting into position allowing them a moment to chat, Yoshiro chose to speak to Cyrus directly due to his origins from Reim. "I would say you shouldn't have to be here fighting in our war, but considering how my father invaded your homeland twice...I suppose you've almost as much personal interest in seeing Gao defeated as I do." The tone was a joking one, but the words were dead serious as could be. "Mind if I ask you how it feels to be fighting alongside the son of your motherland's mortal enemy?" There was sympathy and guilt in Yoshiro's eyes as he asked the question.

[DM Notes: You have time to reply, but next round of posts will be starting the battle. Your "official" role is going to be controlling the space around the initial duel between Yoshiro and Gao to ensure both rulers can fight uninterrupted. You may start fighting directly or wait to be prompted with combat.]

9[ToM] The Final Battle Empty Re: [ToM] The Final Battle 23/03/19, 01:24 pm

Mikazuki Tenma

Mikazuki Tenma
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Even though Yoshiro was so sure that Gao wasn't going to beat him with trickery,  Tenma was still skeptical about it although there was nothing he could say at the moment to the determined man. The emperor's warning towards him was something he would expect as well although Tenma was sure he could handle the trickery from Gao’s army if that ever happened. Well, he said that as a reassurance for himself,  Gao was full of surprises and no one could really tell what kind of thing he would do. But judging from the previous soldiers where he planted bombs in his soldiers and drugged Fanalis kids to fight,  he would do another dreadful thing. A sigh escaped from the swordsman lips, defending wasn't an easy task…not against lunatic leader, but in order to save the country,  it was mandatory no matter how hard it would be. “I understand, my lord.” The one eyed man would do a salute towards the emperor as he spoke.

And who would've expect that it would happen so fast… the enemy had begun to move and the time has come to finish this war for once and for all. “May luck and victory shine upon all of us.” He would say to the red haired Fanalis with a smile before leaving the command tent and heading towards his designated spot. He could feel his body trembling and he would check by looking at his left hand before smiling. He knew he shouldn't let excitement control his body,  but he couldn't help it, this was the final battle after all.

The swordsman would go to the left flank where the soldiers were already standing there, waiting for command.  Without wasting time, Tenma would start to organize the troops. “Sons and daughters of Kou, we will be focusing on defending ourselves today in this final battle. The emperor wants us to protect ourselves and survive to see another day, but not only us… but also our brothers and sisters of Kou who might be fighting against us in the other force.” He would pause for a second,  wanting to make sure his troops gets what he was saying. “Do your best in defending our country,  our family and most importantly,  our King who expected us to live for the future of Kou. Don't let bloodlust take over you, if someone does, expect a nice wake up call slap from me. I am hoping that all of you can watch each other's back and protect each other while staying defensive.” A smile which was decorating Tenma’s lips would soon faded, “Do you all understand what we are going to do in this final battle?!” He would speak in a loud voice,  loud enough to make some of the soldiers jolted with surprise. “W-we understand!” Although late, the soldiers responded quickly,  didn't expect Tenma would show that kind of side. Soon his smile would appeared again and he would clap his hands once while saying, “Good. My final command is that all of you can come back home in one piece, don't forget that.”

The one eyed man would let the shielders to be in the front while the others would be behind,  getting ready to counter the attack of Gao’s side while staying defensive as well. Tenma himself would be just right behind the shielders and together,  they would wait for Gao’s troop to come towards them.

10[ToM] The Final Battle Empty Re: [ToM] The Final Battle 23/03/19, 09:08 pm

Cyrus Argentum

Cyrus Argentum
β-Tier
β-Tier

To his surprise and relief no one was there he had missed it all. He wasn’t exactly excited about meeting the commander of the army for fear of them trying to recruit him for some other scheme down the road. He took his time to compose himself and walked to Ariana who had made it to the camp slightly later than he.
“Did you have the meeting already?”
“Yes of course I did,” lied Cyrus “we’ve moving out and I need to prepare some things.“
Both he and his sister made their way to the front lines along with some of the other soldiers after he got his armour and fastened Rokusai’s on his body. He listened to the commanders scare the troop into loyalty. If he could he would retreat back far away from here the two years he had spent in this war-torn land had eaten up everything within him that cared. This was hollow and it was only to not lose a family member and nothing more. Though when Emperor Yoshiro came, Cyrus felt a pit in his stomach, after all he did lie to his sister saying that they had met already. He did give him an out right now but what of his sister…
Then, the emperor spoke directly at him much to his surprise and dismay. Though he praised him, and probably, to a lesser extent, his sister, for their bravery but one question he asked caught him off guard. Why he was fighting with a supposed enemy.
“Well Sir,“ said Cyrus “I’m hardly a warrior. We made are name by being merchants my sister is more the warrior than I. I just don’t want my sister to die this day” he looked at him and smiled lightly tilting his head to the side as he spoke “To be honest, I hardly have loyalty to Riem nor do I have any ill will to Kou. I'm a man of this entire world! Its almost foolish to dwell so doggedly on the past. For my father its better for business if peace was rendered between our two lands”
Perhaps he was being naive but, this is what he genuinely believed and he hoped that Yoshiro did too. Perhaps one day, their nations would be friends or at least not enemies anymore and if it meant having to fight, then maybe it wasn’t so bad after all.

11[ToM] The Final Battle Empty Re: [ToM] The Final Battle 25/03/19, 11:54 am

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Merrze would take the words of the emperor to heart. She knew that using up all of her energy would put her in a bad spot. She wasn't here for a blood bath, Merrze was simply here to help end the fighting. Quickly the call to battle came, even interrupting their discussion. They would need to march to battle, or at least to their positions.

As they all rushed to their rooms Merrze and Tenma would separate to their retrospective flanks. As Tenma took to the left the lioness would guide her forces to the right. As they all lined up she herself would lead them into the defensive position. Merrze herself would glow, her magoi shaping over her, the chant of Buer coming forth from her lips. "Oh Djinn of Growth and Vitality allow me to create life anew! Infest the world with the power of the living to rid the world of all that is vile! Grow, Buer!"

As the fanalis converted to an image of mother nature herself she would signal her forces to get in a specific defense formation. The cavalry would form a block in the back while two wings of archers were spread from each side to watch the skies. "Flower formation, eyes on the skies like usual, I want infantry forming two petals in front of the archers." Groups of men with swords, axes, spears, all with shields would form two groups in front of her archers, they would protect them, able to charge forward, cavalry positioned to shoot forward and tear through enemy lines.

She had been practicing this new formation but would make sure no one fire or began until they were ready for the trading of blows to begin. Their hearts raced, was it fear, was it anticipation or was it excitement for the end of this war. She stood there, her green figure standing valiantly ready to fight, there was no need for a pep talk, there was no need for her war cry. The Meridians would move forth with their own ferocity when Merrze would give the call.

12[ToM] The Final Battle Empty Re: [ToM] The Final Battle 25/03/19, 12:19 pm

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The Duel
Gao Yuan Zu & Yoshiro

Gao held a stern expression until his forces approached close enough to clearly see that Yoshiro was at the front of his own army. Gao's hard face cracked a smirk as his eyes narrowed and he led his forces to a halt twenty meters from Yoshiro's own. The former ruler of Kou then proceeded forward ten meters to meet in the middle.

Yoshiro saw his fathers forces come to a stop and almost at the same time, urged his steed forward. Since Gao was leading the troops as planned, all there was to do now was make the challenge and win. Easier words said than done. But the time for doubts and second guessing himself had long passed. Yoshiro steeled himself and came to a stop just two meters from Gao.

"It's been quite some time...son."

The former ruler was the first to speak, his gaze was level and heavy, but his tone was familiar and contained a hint of pride. Seeing his father look at him that way made Yoshiro feel disgusted. He clenched his fist and thought to himself that things might have been different between them had Gao started acting like a father to him sooner. But it was years too late for that now.

"Enough formalities! I, Yoshiro Zu, challenge you to a duel. Do you dare accept!?"

The young man shouted his declaration so both sides could hear and pulled at the reigns of his riled up horse as it paced in agitation. The beast sensed its riders impatience and shared in his eagerness. Yoshiro hefted his shield and raised his spear into the air his his voice boomed "We shall determine the true ruler of Kou here and now, just you and I!" Though initially agitated, Yoshiro quickly shrugged it off and allowed a clear and pure intention ring true in his tone.

Gao's face remained unchanged as if he had already seen this coming from the moment Yoshiro appeared at the front. "Is that all you have to say? We haven't seen each other since...well, since you and your cousin killed me." There was a bit of mockery in the former emperor's voice as he pretended to struggle to recall their last meeting. "Well, I accept your duel. But I'm afraid I'll have to disagree with you on the terms. After all, just look at how eager your men are to fight for you. How could I possibly deprive them of that?"

The conqueror gripped his Guandao and signaled to his troops. First by pointing it towards the heavens causing them to roar ferociously, then by letting it fall to aim at the enemy. A flood of warriors poured forth around the two emperor's as Yoshiro's men moved in from behind to contest with Gao's soldiers over the space surrounding their rulers.

Amidst the chaos, Yoshio and Gao quickly closed the distance between themselves and began exchanging blows. Yoshiro began by unleashing a flurry of spear strikes but none could hit their mark. Even so, he seemed to be pressuring Gao and felt confident that if he could just keep it up and not let his father get a chance to counter that victory would be inevitable. But just as he thought to himself ideas of superiority Gao scoffed and spoke in disappointment. "Is this the best you can do?"

"What!?"

Yoshiro didn't know what happened. One minute his Usurper's Gambit was keeping Gao on the defensive, but the next his father's glaive was bearing down on him from outside his defenses. Gao's Imperial Parry had been followed with a lightning fast strike that threatened to cut his son down in a single move. Fear gripped the young ruler's heart as he felt death sneak up behind him to grasp his shoulder. It was all his could do to raise his spear defensively just in time to avoid being cut down then and there. A bone ringing sound echoed as Gao's blow bit deep into the shaft of Yoshiro's spear.

No blood was spilled, but the young usurper emperor could feel his body ache from receiving that blow. His rush had been broken, along with any fantasy that this would be an easy fight...

Gao:
Yoshiro:

Center Army
Cyrus

The forces of Gao's army were still mostly made up of peasant soldiers. His remaining professional soldiers and elite troops were almost nowhere to be seen as his men marched through the mud and rain. The few that were visibly present escorted the only man they ever recognized as "emperor" as Gao Yuan Zu himself led the center army. The men surrounding him weren't drugged or frenzied up by a speech, but their eyes emitted a murderous aura nevertheless.

Those sensitive to the rukh would be able to see countless black rukh seething back and forth around the masses of Gao's center force. Many of these peasants had lost their lands and homes, others lost sons, daughter, brothers, and sisters, in the war. Each had their own reason to curse the hand fate had dealt. But one thing was binding them, their fealty towards Gao the conqueror.

Once the two emperors approached each other and Gao gave the signal to his troops, a demon-like roar would bust out from the men. Though they were mostly just farmers with makeshift spears they charged at the center army like monsters. The only sign of sanity was that they parted to avoid getting to close to the emperors as their battle began.

Dong Zhu cursed under his breath and then shouted to secure the area around the emperor. They could not afford to allow their leader to be surrounded on all sides by Gao's forces no matter how much it seemed they would honor the duel.

Left Wing
Tenma

Much like at the center army, on Yoshiro's left wing their opponents stopped briefly as the emperor's met. But then the maelstrom of violence came crashing forward to meet the defenses Tenma had established. Though these men didn't fight like demons as those closest to Gao did, they were no less dutiful in following orders as they threw their might against the shield wall established by the one eye'd general.

The peasantry and their spears were hardly able to make much progress against the thick wall of shields the left wing had established. But they were still fresh and eager so the spear tips continued to rain down. If things held like this for long enough they would tire and perhaps injuries really could be kept at a minimum. However...

Should Tenma watch the enemy force closely he would notice a strange movement taking place throughout their ranks. Soldiers parting and opening up for what looked like nothing for a few moments before closing ranks again. It was like an invisible snake was working its way through Gao's forces.

Right Wing
Merrze

The bulk of Gao's profesional soldiers and elite forces had been positioned here to face Yoshiro's right wing.  Though the peasantry under their command outnumbered them, their presence was undoubtedly being used as a back bone to support their formation. Unlike the peasants, these proper soldiers wore armor and possessed swords as well as spears. The officers among them had even better gear with weapons to suit their personal tastes from warhammers to axes.

Accompanying this force was an assembly of flying monsters with mounted soldiers. It was clear this was no standard organized force and more of a scrambled together group as the beasts varied in type. Some were giant birds, others had a more reptilian look, and one in particular seemed to be a floating slug of some kind. They were all already air borne and flying about over Gao's forces.

The sight of an enemy commander being clad in the power of a djinn did cause hesitation among the peasantry, but the soldiers kept them from routing due to fear so that when the time came to charge, they would listen. And charge those men did upon seeing the center army make its move. The flying troops among them all targeted Erydyn, swooping forth to surround the sky whale and keep it from interfering with the rest of the battle. Though they clearly struggled to make their approach in the rain.

13[ToM] The Final Battle Empty Re: [ToM] The Final Battle 27/03/19, 11:24 am

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The Duel
Gao Yuan Zu & Yoshiro

Vibrations rung through Yoshiro's arms as he reeled back from Gao's counter attack. The ruthless conqueror did not pursue however, instead maintaining his position as he held the reigns tight to restrain his own warhorse which was stomping about in a bid to show its dominance. "All this time I gave you to prepare, and old Dong Zhu could only help you reach this level?" There was almost a hint of disbelief in Gao's slightly raised brow, but he soon displayed a cool smile and a calm gaze. "I suppose it should only be expected. After all, you were never meant to be a fighter."

The words were like splinters to Yoshiro's ego. His entire identity and life path was someone that had chosen to step outside the expectations of his father. Yoshiro had worked tirelessly studying and training once convictions of rebellion had first begun to smolder in his late youth. His entire young adulthood had worked towards being more than just a fighter. To be a True Emperor. So much had been accomplished and he was acknowledged by a djinn as well as many people of the country. But even after all that, to this man he was still that left over child, worthless unless something were to happen to his many older siblings.

"I've always known that you didn't expect anything of me. But I don't care what you meant for me to be. I have become emperor, and I put an end to your tyranny once. Today, I shall do so again! You must never again fulfill your ambitions to rule the world from atop your uncaring throne!"

The young Emperor tried to keep himself focused on his goal as he shouted and readied himself for his father's assault. But the former ruler of Kou simply looked at him as though he were watching someone say something strange. After an awkward silence Gao sighed and shook his head. "Fool, I expected you to become a pillar to support your brothers. Instead, you killed the few who survived their own incompetency. With the help of traitors and outsiders no less." The words sounded like criticism, but Gao spoke them with a tone that quickly shifted from beratement to one of praise.

Confusion came over Yoshiro's face as he watched Gao speak, a clear admiration and joy in the father's voice. "Of all my children, you are by far the most like me. It's almost scary. You might call me a tyrant and yourself a revolutionary, but the only difference between us is our starting positions. You had the advantage of the kingdom being built for you, whereas I was forged through the fires that built it." The conqueror's glaive was raised high and then swept through the air in a grand gestures to the battle field around them.

"As the son that resembles me most, surely you can look around and see for yourself just how audacious it is to claim that you became emperor!?"

Rage replaced everything as Gao changed gears again as he finally urged his steed forward and performed a heavy overhead attack. Yoshiro reinforced his spear with his shield and braced for the blow. A thunderous boom and and dancing sparks flew through the air as the weapons clashed. Yet again, Yoshiro was forced back unable to offer a response to the former emperor's physical might.

"Do you realize the failure it is for so many of your subjects to be risen against you in open rebellion!? What sort of emperor tells his own people they must abandon their ancestral home of 3 generations built up by Kou hands so it can be given to barbarians who lack even written language? What sort of emperor relinquishes the farmlands and lets his people starve? If you think I returned because I desire power or a throne, you misunderstand the reason I pursued conquests of Reim in the first place. I did it so that the people of Kou could find true peace one day. Such a goal can only be accomplished if we unify the world under one banner!"

Gao Yuan Zu declared his on convictions as he knocked his son away with another blow from his glaive. Yoshiro grit his teeth and held his ground best he could. There had been openings he could have used to leverage his speed advantage over Gao once more, but the man's words were putting cracks in the focused mental state Yoshiro was trying to maintain.

The young ruler knew better than anyone that his actions had caused his own countrymen untold suffering. It wasn't what he had planned or desired. But it was for a good cause that was necessary to undo the knots of hatred and oppression their nation had wrought unto the plainsfolk. At least, thats what Yoshiro had been telling himself. Perhaps the biggest blow though was being told he was just like the  man he hated. Yoshiro wanted to reject it, but he knew that there was at least some truth to the words. No amount of denial could wash the blood of family that stained Yoshiro's hands thoroughly red.

"Enough! Are you telling me that the only way to find peace with our neighbor's is to subjugate them!? Perhaps I am similar to you...but I am not Gao Yuan Zu! I'll seize more than just your throne, old man!" Yoshiro tossed his spear aside and drew the sword at his waist. The immaculate blade was cast heavenward and a magic circle lit up on its face. "I'll be seizing your dream too. But I'm going to achieve world peace in my own way. Yes, with power...but also with words! Andras!"

DM NOTES: 48 hours till next proxy post. Nobody was auto-hit, consider time stopped for your respective battle situations until you reply and are ready for another proxy response.

14[ToM] The Final Battle Empty Re: [ToM] The Final Battle 27/03/19, 11:51 am

Mikazuki Tenma

Mikazuki Tenma
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

“Keep your shield up!” The one eyed man commanded the troops, hoping they would still strong enough to keep up the defending. It was risky to keep holding on for a long time, the fatigue would take over them when the time come and that would be when the problem would rise. However Tenma had something in mind, but it was not the time yet to deploy the strategy. As he continued to observe the clashing, he noticed something strange from the opposite side. Like something was making its way through the soldiers as the troops began to part away for this “something”.

He couldn’t tell what was making its way, it could be their general passing through… it could be weapon… or even a creature… Whatever it was, Tenma would be extra cautious and would observe it before trying to decide on how to act.

15[ToM] The Final Battle Empty Re: [ToM] The Final Battle 28/03/19, 01:55 am

Cyrus Argentum

Cyrus Argentum
β-Tier
β-Tier

Cyrus sighed as he watched the men and women fight for the homes and family that they had lost. The rain was cold and the mud was thick as he trudged through with his stag. He watched as these people fought and died he stood back because he still as stanchly finished fighting. He watched his sister fight and kill her way through “enemies” He did nothing to stop them though as the wind blew more rain into his face Cyrus tried to fight, if only nominally. Disarming soldiers when he could but not kill. Too many lives had been lost in the past two years. His sister was the opposite. If only for the combatants to have opposing ideas for how to rule, she mowed through solider after solider without any regard. He just watched in horror at the carnage that unfolded in front of him.

16[ToM] The Final Battle Empty Re: [ToM] The Final Battle 29/03/19, 02:47 pm

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The Duel
Gao Yuan Zu & Yoshiro

"“O’ spirit of Ideals and Righteousness, freeze all that stand before me and dwell within my body! Stop, Andras!”

Golden light embraced Yoshiro as he leaped off of his horse and completed his transformation in mid air. Raven lockes and battle armor was replaced with snow white hair and elegant white cloths. A silvery blade seemingly made from dry ice danced in Yoshiro's hand as he flew towards Gao and hacked down with a mighty blow.

The former emperor scoffed and pulled the black bow from his back. Surprisingly, the man blocked with the bow instead of his glaive. A magic circle lit up on the bow and it transformed into a vicious monstrosity of sharp and jagged edges. "What's this!? You have a metal vessel?" Yoshiro exclaimed in shock as he backed off cautiously. A terrible heat was emanating from the bow which gave Yoshiro a bad feeling.

"A dark metal vessel. My own outside helper provided it to me as part of a...contract."

There was no joy in Gao's words, his expression turning sour as he made mention of a contract. "There is much you don't know about, son." Seeing as his son had backed off momentarily, Gao took the opportunity to dismount his horse which was neighing in distress from the heat radiating off of Gao's weapon equip. The conqueror let his companion and steed of many years run off as he held up the bow and aimed it at Yoshiro. A stream of molten earth oozed from the bow and too shape into a burning arrow which Gao loosed towards his son.

Yoshiro frowned and slashed his sword releasing a frozen wind which formed a wall of dry ice to block the arrow. The lava projectile produced steam and debris as it met the dry ice and the two exploded. "So its not strong enough like this after all..." Gao muttered to himself before drawing a black arrow from his back and knocking it on his bow. Yoshiro flew through the cloud left behind from the collision of their attacks and burst from within to find Gao loosing a shadow in his direction. The black arrow found purchase in Yoshiro's shoulder but he barely felt it. Ignoring the pain, Yoshiro stabbed his blade downwards and plunged it into the earth a couple meters away from Gao.

"Andro Eternal Spire!"

Magou surged and a magic circle formed on the ground in front of Yoshiro. Gao found himself completely trapped within its perimeter. Before the former emperor could act, large spikes of dry ice started to emerge from all around him. The spikes were too large and dull to pierce him, but that pressed in from all sides in a painful frozen binding. At last, one large shard flash froze around Gao fully encasing him in a murky tower of dry ice.

Gao figure could be seen within, unmoving, a smug look frozen onto his face. Yoshiro felt a sense of disgust in his gut and grimaced as he pulled the arrow out of his shoulder. Hot blood froze in the aura on his djinn equip sealing the wound, but inside his body Yoshiro could still feel the pain as well as a burning sensation. "Was it poisoned?" Yoshiro thought to himself as he inspected the wound and found a that his skin had already started to blacken around the immediate area of the wound.

"O’ spirit of insatiable greed and hunger, devour all that stand before me and dwell within my body! Consume, Devouring Curse!”

Gao's chant, heard even from within the dry ice, broke Yoshiro's focus on the possible poison. A crimson light filled the dry ice crystal and extreme heat started to radiate from it. A massive explosion took place as all the dry ice sublimated into gas. Yoshiro was pressed back several meters from the shockwave and the soldiers closest to them were caught up in the expanding waves of cold and heat.

The air settled and slowly a clear view of Gao was afforded. His skin had blackened and his hair resembled something more like a mineral embedded into his skull rather than strands of keratin. The bow was now comprised of two matching blades connected at the hilt. But most striking of all was an aura of heat which matched Yoshiro's own sub-zero domain in intensity.

"You couldn't beat me before you djinn equipped. But here we are, both clad in a djinn's power and only you are injured. How do you plan to win now?"

Center Army
Cyrus

The Yoshiro army fought a desperate struggle to defend themselves and subdue their enemies. Their defensive posture and lack of killing blows was beginning to be noticed by Gao's forces. Aggression didn't stop, but it did begin to slow down, especially when the loud collisions of steel from the battle of would-be-emperors echoed across the field. Dong Zhu was frantically moving around the battlefield, disarming and disabling foes where he went, always moving to support their weakest link. The enemy numbers weren't dwindling, but the ones unable to fight became hindrances for the ones still fresh. The chaos was gradually moving towards a state of balance and calm but there were still plenty of factors keeping the flames of war burning.

One such factor was the young lady from the Argentum household. Cyrus' sister cut a path of death through Gao's soldiers, blood and viscera lining the path she'd taken into their ranks. But she and any loyal men alongside her would find themselves quickly cutting too deeply. As they killed and advanced, the other Yoshiro troops around her were following orders and holding their ground, doing their best to stall their foes rather than slay them. Before anyone could realize the situation, it was already too late to stop Gao's forces from surrounding Cyrus' sister and her men. Their path back was not yet fully closed, but it was closing quickly.

Seeing this take place, Dong Zhu weighed the benefits and added the bloodshed Cyrus' sister had wrought already. The general stared coldly in her direction for a moment and then decided it was too much of a risk to save her. It was up to Cyrus to act.

Left Wing
Tenma

The fighting was one sided as Gao's forces attacked the formidable shield wall with everything they had. But it was like throwing sand at a mountain. Tenma's fortress of shields held firm and Gao's troops began to tire. Many among them had realized that their enemies weren't fighting back at all, this gave them pause. The frenzied attack was quickly dissolving into a slow lukewarm conflict. But those strange movements at the back of the Gao army were still taking place. Now that there wasn't so much fighting going on, Tenma would be able to see two separate "streams" snaking their way through the troops.

Suddenly, the paths of the two strange openings  changed directions. They were heading straight towards Yoshiro's lines. The soldiers in Gao's army looked terrified as a low whistle came into earshot. They scrambled to get out of the way and open up a path headed straight for the shield wall.

*Cough*

The air shimmered and suddenly a number of hidden things came into view. Dust clouds trailed behind a currently charging group of heavy cavalry led by Gao's most trusted general, Hei Lu. Alongside him were a pair of mounted soldiers carrying a passenger who was currently coughing up blood. Crimson life essence poured from their orifices as they collapsed off the horse still clutching the magic tool he'd been powering to disguise the assault.

By the time the gambit had been revealed however, Hei Lu was only a few breaths away from the shield wall. His large guan dao smashed into the tower shields and miraculously sent half a dozen men flying. That single blow opened up a hole in the defenses which was quickly struck by the rest of the cavalry charging in behind Hei Lu. The battle thirsty general had a look of glee on his face as he cut through Yoshiro's men while making a straight line towards his target...Tenma.

Hei Lu:

17[ToM] The Final Battle Empty Re: [ToM] The Final Battle 31/03/19, 09:05 pm

Mikazuki Tenma

Mikazuki Tenma
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Tenma’s guess were right after all, the enemy's general finally showed up with a rather grand appearance. That general wasn't alone, he came with several soldiers that seems stronger than the troops who Tenma dealt with before. Not only that, the general had enormous strength, one sweep towards the shield wall and he was able to make a hole… Moreover, he thought the device that Hei Lu brought was inhuman and he wondered about the purpose of that machine in the middle of this battle…

This was bad… Tenma knew he had to face the general head on in order to put a leash to the other soldiers from the enemy's side. “Strengthen the shield! Hold your position!” Tenma would command his troops, wanting them to get back on their feet as soon as they can. Although… they won't only staying in defensive mode at this moment. “Archer and the other attackers, knock down the enemies! Hold them down!”

Now that he gave some orders to his soldiers, the one eyed man would be ready to face the General of the opposite troops. The swordsman would readies his katana and shield before stepping forward, charging towards Hei Lu as the latter did the same as well. He would then lift his Katana to send a slash.

18[ToM] The Final Battle Empty Re: [ToM] The Final Battle 31/03/19, 10:23 pm

Cyrus Argentum

Cyrus Argentum
β-Tier
β-Tier

It was up to Cyrus to bring his sister back from the brink yet again. She already had too much to prove after Cyrus showed her up during the last time they fought alongside each other. He knew that this was going to happen it was her downfall and he had no choice to do something. Not for her sake or his but for his nephews and Brother in law. He needed to bring her home for them. He knew what it was like to be with out a mother and do lose Ariana on the battle would be awful for them. He rushed through the churning ocean of warriors fighting for their lives feeling nicks and slashes from their weapons just to try to get through he tried to catcher Ariana’s eye but to no avail. He dismounted Rokusai and fought his way through more people until finally he managed to get he attention by stopping her blade at a young solider that had already surrendered. He was not that much older than their younger brother, still a child. She realized that she was too far in and that they needed to fight their way back through to regroup with Dong Zhu and his forces. As the maelstrom raged around them, Cyrus looked for a quick and easy path but knew that there wasn’t one.

19[ToM] The Final Battle Empty Re: [ToM] The Final Battle 01/04/19, 01:47 am

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As the beasts of the sky attempted to surround the mighty sky whale he would begin to fight back almost immediately. Despite trying to stay high the beast would flap his mighty wings, shaking the sky with violent winds and rolling roars of thunder. It would let out a loud echoing bellow which settled deeper in the bones than the storm did. The mighty beast would try to throw off the creatures in the sky, attempting to use the mighty winds to throw them off.

Merrze herself was late to enter the fray, on her single her troops began their own advance. The archers would begin to unleash a volley as the cavalry began to stampede towards Gao's forces. They were ferocious, they had to be as the enemy began to close on them first. She should've acted quicker but she wanted to stay defensive.

"Infantry bloom outward and guard the archers, start marching, push them back and hold the line."

She would see an arrow flyby her face, the enemies were attacking. She herself walked slowly, an open target, her plants snapping and watching for foes or incoming blows. She would have the archers watch the line while her mounted units would try disrupt the line. She herself would began levitate, she would start flying at a low level but high speed to break into the lines and start fighting herself. She would need to scout to find and possible anti air threats, she didn't want to join the aerial assault herself unless her beasts plan failed, she herself wanted to focus on growing plants to capture and hold back Gaos forces.

That was her plan only though, there were things that could complicate it, also she limits to her magi. She was going to subdue them by grasping some of them with her flytraps. She was on defend and capture, hoping only to kill those that tried to kill her.

20[ToM] The Final Battle Empty Re: [ToM] The Final Battle 01/04/19, 11:37 am

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The Duel
Gao Yuan Zu & Yoshiro

Yoshiro held a grim expression but the fire of determination had not gone out just yet. The young man winced as his shoulder throbbed and whispers of doubt began to flood the back of his mind. They were the voices of his people, those who had suffered from the flaws in his rule as emperor. But the pained woes of those voices couldn't sway Yoshiro from what he saw to be his destiny. The darkness of regrets still couldn't compare the the brilliant light of hope the young emperor saw beyond this bloody conflict.

Gao possessing a djinn of his own had not been part of the plan, but Yoshiro found himself unable to feel surprise beyond the initial shock of the reveal. Yoshiro steeled himself and twirled the icy twin blade in his uninjured arm. "Andro Gaze!" He chose to let his djinn's power do the talking as he unleashed a beam of bright blue light from the revolving face his twinblade drew in the air. Frost and chill cut through the air leaving behind a fog in its wake.

Confidence reigned on Gao's face as he casually prepared to draw back the string of his bowblade. "Glutt Impact" Deep reds and oranges glowed as lava poured out of cracks in the djinn equip to form into the shape of an arrow. The blazing hot lava was released like a comet lighting up the overcast battlefield.The meteor-like arrow met Yoshiro's own magic with a massive explosion as dry ice turned to gas and semi-cooled chunks of molten earth scattered about.

The two djinn equipped warriors had already used their powers to ascend into the air, so the carnage of their clash would end up raining down onto many soldiers causing unintended injuries. But neither Yoshiro no Gao could afford to back down. Still, Yoshiro's heart twisted in distress as the curse steadily taking root in his soul made sure to point out the screams of those wounded in the back of his mind. With his injury, it was safer to fight at a distance, but safer for whom?

Even though the risk was higher to himself, Yoshiro grit his teeth and soared towards his father brandishing his twinblade of dry ice. Gao smirked at the charge and separated his bow into two separate blades before stepping forward off the air to meet his son. Another brilliant clash of light as magic surged around the two. Steam and frost scattered in all directions as an aura of absolute cold met an aura of absolute heat. The world around the two seemed to twist and warp as the air was distorted.

From within the obscuring cloud huge booms would erupt as Yoshiro and Gao clashed time and time again. After dozen exchanges, a black figure was sent flying towards the ground. Rain puddles bubbled and the earth smoked as a wave of heat washed over the ground for a moment before Gao could force himself out of the rubble filled crater he'd just been forced to make with his body. The middle aged conqueror shot back into the sky as quickly as he'd fallen, but drops of blood were left in his wake as a modest gash was leaking life essence from his head.

Yoshiro stood there in the clearing chaos of steam and frost, a figure of strength and defiance. His position was a few meters higher than Gao's and the clouds had parted slightly above them due to the force of their clash casting down beams of approving hope onto the young emperor. His father looked up from below and smiled as he took his time ascending to match his son's altitude. Gao was filled with pride and respect for his heir as the blow Yoshiro landed had not been due to luck or holding back on the former emperor's part.

"Yes, that's more like the bearing of an emperor. If standing back puts your people in harm, then the only answer is to take the lead yourself. The weight of their lives resting behind you is what gives an emperor his strength!"

Gao clenched his fist tightly and looked to Yoshiro with an almost mad smile. "Show me more! I want to see just what kind of emperor you've turned out to be, ahahaha!" Gao bellowed a great laughter as he suddenly formed the twin blades back into their bow state and aimed not for Yoshiro, but for his main army camp in the distance.

Yoshiro's eyes shifted from wide shock to sharp anger as he growled out his father's name. "GAO! DON'T!" The young man then shot through the sky as a light blue arc of frosty speed. Meanwhile another concentrated bolt of lava formed in Gao's bow and was loosed right away. "Nooo!" Yoshiro dove in the way of the shot but he was too slow. The arrow flew past and arced high as it threatened to blow away the encampment.

Many women and youths no fit to fight were present back at the camp, they were preparing to treat the wounded and feed the survivors for after the fighting. There was no way they could put up any sort of defense against Gao's attack. Yoshiro couldn't watch and turned to focus his rage on his father. The white figure cut through the air again, but behind him the arrow split into several smaller ones which changed trajectory and turned around to face Yoshiro's back! Gao cast a devilish grin towards his son as he received the young man's enraged flurry of strikes. The dark emperor only had to hold his ground for a moment before Yoshiro was struck in the back by eight glowing bolts of lava.

Yoshiro let out a wail of pain and plummeted towards the ground to the sound of Gao scoffing. "Even if I had really intended to attack them, that was your perfect chance to strike me down from below. You still cling to the foolish notion that everybody can be saved. You truly aren't ready to hold the lives of all Kou's citizens in your grasp, not when you don't know how to compare the weight of few compared to the many." The words punctuated Yoshiro's collapse into the emptied out space beneath the two fighters.

Center Army
Cyrus

Just as the situation was looking to have no escape, Cryus and his party would receive an opportunity. The two emperor's had djinn equipped and their mighty clashes filled the sky with light as intense heat and cold both drifted outward. The spectacle made many stop fighting briefly in awe of the titans going blow for blow before them.

The magical duel would only hold so much attention however and the way back to the lines of Yoshiro's men was still paved with numerous Gao soldiers. But a beacon of hope was in the distance. Dong Zhu didn't personally come to save them, but he could be seen begrudgingly attacking Gao's line nearby with a ferocious assault as he incapacitated soldier after soldier using a saber wrapped in thick cloth. Some of the attention was pulled away from the stranded group of Reim fighters as a result.

Left Wing
Tenma

The men could hear Tenma's commanding orders over the commotion of war, but they were words easier said than done. The cavalry troops that had followed Hei Lu into the formation were fighting like demons and were quickly getting kills off even on the men carrying large shields. But that was only relative to the eternity it was taking the peasant soldiers from before. The heavily armored and equipped infantry would do their best to hold out as Tenma commanded, but many of their officers were shouting back for the one-eye'd man to do something about the situation.

Their words were unneeded as Tenma had already taken action, rushing towards the enemy general. Hei Lu let out a strange laugh and cut down a few more men before reaching Tenma and clashing with his katana. Sparks danced outwards as the blades collided. Tenma's strike would bite deeply into the metal of Hei Lu's glaive, but the force of matching the giant Hei Lu's swing would send vibrations ringing throughout the swordsman's body.

"Kokoko, you acted quick for a newbie to the battle field."

Hei Lu sounded smug as he assessed Tenma and evaluated him as having promise despite being inexperienced as a general. It was clear that although Hei Lu was giving a compliment, his true personal estimate of Tenma was likely much lower. "This is to by my "Final Battle" but, that outsider with the dungeon's power is a bad opponent for me and that old weasel Dong Zhu still has a role to play. Unfortunately, the only one left to play with is a young pup like you."

A sigh escaped Hei Lu's big lips as he shook his head seeming disappointed with the outcome, but a perverse smile never left his face. As he spoke, some men did try to attack them, but Hei Lu appeared to remove their heads from their bodies with only the most casual of movements. It was as if he were swatting flies with half his attention while he spoke using the other half.

Hei Lu would menacingly stand there holding his ground, content to let his men engage in slaughter behind him while he kept Tenma in check.

Right Wing
Merrze

The beastial battle above was less like a fight and more a desperate one sided struggle. The beast mounted  soldiers could barely meet their mission of keeping the whale busy, its great gusts making it difficult for them to approach and actually accomplish their secondary goals of taking the creature down. The soldiers possessed magic tools but could not get close enough to make use of them in any meaningful way. Instead, they conserved magoi and bided their time looking for a chance to get past the sky whale's defenses.

Gao's forces on consisted entirely of infantry on this side of the battlefield. They were left with few options to answer the hail of arrows coming from Merrze's forces. Their formation was kept in shape as best as possible thanks to the strict shouts of Gao's elites, but they weren't enough to maintain a solid spear wall. Meridia's cavalry was free to smash through their ranks and even more chaos came about Gao's force when the plant wreathed djinn user stormed into the heart of their formation.

The assault was flawless in all but one category. Despite attempts to hold back the casualties, the charge was simply too effective. In moments the amount of corpses left trampled and skewered multiplied significantly. In response to the carnage many soldiers on both sides began to feel infected by the plentiful black rukh. Feelings of hopelessness and resentment started compounding on each other and countless black birds began to gather and grow in number.

21[ToM] The Final Battle Empty Re: [ToM] The Final Battle 03/04/19, 10:57 am

Mikazuki Tenma

Mikazuki Tenma
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The one eyed man could only hope his troops could hang in there and survived the attacks as he was dealing with Hei Lu. Words about this man he was facing at the moment was well known, the most trusted general from Gao Yuan Zu’s troops… Can Tenma actually beat this man…? Well he was not sure, but he wouldn’t lose for the sake of his troop’s morale and sanity. Moreover… the swordsman wondered how he should play with the big man. Even though it wasn’t apparent on Tenma’s face, but he felt a little bit annoyed when Hei Lu called him a newbie…and a young pup. But being mad because of name calling just wasn’t his style and he couldn’t care less about it because what that man said was true, Tenma was a newbie to this kind of battlefield. Could a newbie like him win against an experienced man like Hei Lu? Maybe.

“I don’t mind playing with an old Sloth.”
The one eyed man beamed a bright smile, intended to be sent as a sarcastic gesture towards Hei Lu. This man he was facing was not to be underestimated at all, he decapitated people’s head with his glaive with a casual movement, like it was nothing. But as strange as it sounded, Tenma shivered not because of fear, but more because of excitement. This was bad… he should control his excitement, he needed to let his mind clear from bloodlust… it was not necessary at the moment. The time will come and he knew it… for sure.

For the starter, The swordsman would then infused his Katana with magoi and let the Winds Jugdement to do its job to Hei Lu. Pushing him back for a bit would give Tenma a little bit time to support his troops although it wouldn’t be not much and that was the reason why the one eyed man would give another attack towards the general. He would use the wrath of Apollo to make a pillar of scorching light to appear underneath Hei Lu, hoping it would damage him for a bit and gave him more time. Right after that, Tenma would use the power of his shield and send the pouring lava as he directed it towards the elites that were attacking his troops, hoping that it would slow them or bring them down.  

Magoi/Stamina: 225/390

Skill Used:

Items Used:

22[ToM] The Final Battle Empty Re: [ToM] The Final Battle 03/04/19, 12:45 pm

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The Duel
Gao Yuan Zu & Yoshiro

Yoshiro emerged from the dust kicked up by his fall still standing and full of fighting spirit, but the signs of damage on his form were hard to miss. The elegant robes of the djinn equip that covered his torso was mostly burned away and its singed vestiges soon fell off his body to reveal several burns. Charred black wounds sent pain surging through every fiber of Yoshiro's being as the dark making from his arrow injury slowly spread further across his skin.

Voices in the young emperor's mind shouted at him to kill and destroy as means to exact vengeance. Gao wasn't the only one the voices wanted Yoshiro to harm. They urged that every single soldier that had foolishly challenged his authority should be slain. Playing off of Yoshiro's own natural doubts and frustrations amplified, the curse within him was beginning to spread not only across his skin, but throughout the deeper corners of his soul where his deepest negative feelings hid.

Gao watched from above as his son winced in pain and held his head in one hand as if he were suffering a headache. "What...did you do to me?" Yoshiro asked as he ascended back into the sky. The voices had become too loud and aggressive for him to not notice that something wasn't right. There was a palatable hatred and perverse joy towards the subversion of fate those voices held, and they bludgeoned Yoshiro's psyche with their curses.

The former emperor didn't respond with words, instead he frowned and stood there in stoic silence. Yoshiro gnashed his teeth in anger and pointed his dual blade at Gao threateningly. The young man's hair was disheveled and his eyes wild with emotion. Gao shook his head and sighed, "Stop fighting it. The more you struggle, the sooner it will kill you. If you just accept the curse, you can control it and become stronger." Sympathy filled his face as he reached an open hand out to his son. "Once you accept the curse, you will be free from the ideology solomon bound you to with his arrogant 'fate' and can finally see the world with clear eyes."

Confusion and pain were too ever-present for Yoshiro to focus fully on Gao's words, but he heard them nevertheless. He didn't know what sort of curse this was, but he found his father's words to be ridiculous. "Accept it? Do you even know what these voices are telling me to do!?" Yoshiro shouted in disbelief. "If your idea of an alternative to fate is an endless sea of corpses, then I want no part in it!" The young emperor raised his sword and then prepared to make his move, but suddenly there was a change.

Space twisted and then peeled open to reveal a black circle in the air. The maw of darkness seemed empty and endless, but from within a strange man emerged. His signature top hat and gentlemanly cane gave his identity away to the few familiar with his existence. The Contractor placed himself inbetween the fighters with a smile on his face and pep in his step. It was if the threat of such an act didn't even register in the strange man's mind. Without missing a beat, he stood in mid air and turned his head to shoot Yoshiro a mischievous grin.

Spoiler:

"You..."

Gao looked displeased at the sight of The Contractor, he crossed his arms and ignored his son for a moment. "What are you doing here? This isn't what we agreed upon." Gao showed The Contractor no friendliness, but it was clear from the words that they had dealings with one another. "Gao, who is this?" Yoshiro asked in annoyance, his weapon on guard as he felt more foe than friend from the cane wielding man regardless of how amiable his smile seemed.

An air of mysterious omens wafted out from The Contractor as he twirled his staff and took initiative to answer the question. "I, my dear boy, am your father's benefactor. Much of the magic tools and creatures he has employed for several years were supplied by myself." The man gave a slight bow as he introduced himself, conducting every action with the poise of a gentleman and the glee of an imp. It made for an off putting atmosphere.

"You may call me, The Contractor."

Gao popped a blood vessel on his forehead and worry slowly started to creep up onto his face alongside the anger. "Please. Answer my question. You were the one who put forth the terms that you wouldn't act personally. Is this not a breach of your precious contract?"

The Contractor pouted when pressed by the former emperor but shrugged as he humored the man with an answer. "You were taking too long. I've been very busy working hard to fulfill my side of our bargain. I've been soooooo exhausted these past few days! Do you have any idea!?" The top had came off with a flourish and the man spun in a circle as his tone performed a wild shift across the spectrum. Boredom, pride, exaggerated whining, and excited frustration danced through the words in a manner almost as strange as The Contractor's gestures.

Yoshiro looked on in shocked horror as he saw that his father was not only enduring the stranger's antics, but acting not as ruler to subordinate, but as equals. Closer examination to the way Gao was actually saying please for something made it even seem as though he held the weaker position in their relationship. "I understand your impatience. There have been a number of setbacks, but this is business of Kou's internal affairs. This is my responsibility, not yours. Let me handle it." Gao spoke up in protest, but his stance was more pleading than demanding. Even so, his fists betrayed his true feelings as Gao gripped his fists tightly in hidden frustration.

The Contractor listened with a smile and nodded at Gao's points as if they made perfect sense, but when he opened his mouth it was almost like everything had gone in one ear and out the other. In fact, The Contractor had only glanced back at Gao once since his arrival, he was still facing the injured Yoshiro whom was baffled and wary. "Yes, we did have a rather long and drawn out contract. In fact, its really been a huge waste of time and resources. But that's all in the past now. After all, you broke your word. How long did you intend to go on with this farce?" The final words put a sour tone into The Contractor's voice as his lips and eyes flattened into empty and emotionless revulsion.

Gao's jaw dropped slightly and he quickly looked away to scan the battlefield. "Tch, it was too obvious?" He then looked back to The Contractor, but all pretense of cooperation dissolved. "Glutt Bottomless Gut!" The former emperor suddenly lashed out with his blade bow as a swell of magoi and lava wreathed its edge. The strike clashed against a thick sphere of golden light that appeared around The Contractor who smirked as he sighed and shook his head.

Magma surged from the dark djinn weapon and it spread across the magician's borg fully enclosing it. The molten earth vaguely resembled a mouth in the instant it closed around The Contractor before coming to settle into the shape of a sphere surrounding it. Gao then rushed passed The Contractor and flew alongside his son shouting, "Come with me, now!" He didn't wait for a reply and grasped Yoshiro's wrist pulling him along in a flight that led away from the battlefield

[Note: The Contractor usually gets black colored text, but since Gao already had that font color in this thread to avoid confusion the contractor is being given white to stand out and make it easier to tell who is talking.

If you are wondering what was "too obvious" it will be revealed in the next round of posting you all receive. Don't read Tenma's response this round if you don't want spoilers.

Also, don't bother chasing after Yoshiro and Gao, they will be back and have too much a head start to be caught up to.]

Left Wing
Tenma

As the fighting continued, it became clearer and clearer that the men fighting under Tenma weren't fighting back with intent to kill. The elite soldiers who followed Hei Lu began to look at each other in doubt, but they continued their work of killing the enemy without pause. Hei Lu noticed this as well and frowned once he did, but the enemy general had already come to meet him in battle. There was no time to do something about it.

As Tenma infused his blade with magoi, Hei Lu did the same. His glave was wrapped in golden light which allowed him to cut through the razor magic Tenma had unleashed. Clanging sounds echoed as blades shaped from wind shattered against the mighty cleave from Gao's must trusted general. Hei Lu prepared to close the distance further to use that fearsome glaive on Tenma, but before he could get much closer a flash of light erupted from below and embraced the Kou general warhorse and all.

Tenma's magic tools instantly dominated the situation, but his reckless use of them had resulted in sever unintended casualties. The razor magic wind from before traveled in all directions and pained cries rang out as the men surrounding Tenma were blown away and covered in deep cuts. Many of them were rendered unable to fight or run from the burning pillar of light that came next. The stream of lava that burst from his  shield didn't  accomplish much as the space it covered was already being flared by the pillar of light.

Cooking flesh and horrible screams attacked Tenma's senses as his one open eye  witnessed a terrifying sight. From within the pillar of light, there was a shadow. A figure, burning alive inside of it as they slowly walked forward. There was a devilish grin and large beast-like eyes on the figure as some sort of monster from hell approached. Hei Lu stepped out of the light.

The general was burned all over and little of his hair remained, but he looked to be happier than at any time in his life. Standing just over seven feet tall, the massive man looked down at Tenma, "Kokok-cough cough! I've reevaluated you, youngster. You had what it takes to help me accomplish my mission after all."

23[ToM] The Final Battle Empty Re: [ToM] The Final Battle 03/04/19, 01:37 pm

Mikazuki Tenma

Mikazuki Tenma
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

“Shit…” He cursed under his breath, to himself…  He promised,  he delivered the command to his troops...and he was the one who broke it. Tenma knew it was disappointing and he could already guess about what his troops would say for his action. A newbie to a war… acted so recklessly and what was the price of his act? He hated it, the burden that would be placed on his shoulders, the reputation he was going to receive after this… It will affect Noir...and it would definitely make it harder to protect her. A fool… a naive man… he never thought he would be saying all of those things to himself.  He was sorry,  he genuinely felt it and he was thinking about what he was going to do about it. It made his stomach feels weird as if he wanted to vomit...Noir, what about her… what will be her reaction.  His greatest fear started to send a shiver to his spine, stirring his stomach and messing with his mind as it provides countless scenarios for what will happen between him and Noir…

The man managed to survive the pillar to make it worse, not for the situation but to Tenma’s mind. Right now, there was only a thin line between his sanity and his madness. His left eye started to become hot…

"See what you have done… Just embrace your true nature already.” It was his voice,  inside his head but it felt different. “I might had used the chance to make things bloodier though,  but I was impressed you wasn't as cautious as usual on holding it back.” Tenma stayed quiet, he didn't answer to the voice. He was not in the mood to do that, not at the moment.

The swordsman would step forward,  approaching Hei Lu with a sharp glare, angher could be seen on his face. “What do you mean?”

24[ToM] The Final Battle Empty Re: [ToM] The Final Battle 05/04/19, 11:03 am

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As Merrze dances across the battlefield, her plants would grasp and crush her foes and the rain of arrows had already disrupted them heavily. She could see the piles of corpses stacking on the field of red which soaked into the soil. Merrze was always satisfied with victory or winning but this just felt wrong. She could see it, the dark birds that were starting to build. She'd only seen a glimpse of it in the past with the aid of her equip, this was the first time the king candidate had seen it in such volume.

She still had trouble noticing it but with how it was building it would be difficult for Merrze to avoid it for long. She couldn't necessarily slow down the assault. She needed to crush their will to fight, her troops weren't going to stop even or slow down, the rush of battle was pushing them and it was a fight for their lives.

She would start using the magic of Buer to raise more plants, she was coordinating the growth to spread and grow towards the back of the forces. She was going to try to push them into a corner if she could push the ground forces and possible trap any commanders in personal combat. In a sea of blood life fails or flourishes, it was a familiar sight in their world, it was something many of them knew better than anything. She felt it resonating within them, some of them her own people even. She needed to be the hope for them, the light, the shield and sword that she saw fit.

25[ToM] The Final Battle Empty Re: [ToM] The Final Battle 05/04/19, 09:41 pm

Cyrus Argentum

Cyrus Argentum
β-Tier
β-Tier

Cyrus tried to find a way out but couldn’t just as he was going to give up all hope of going home, a bight light and intense wind swept through their corner of the battle field. It was beautiful and presented them with a way to escape if only briefly. As he fought his way through the many hordes of warriors, the duel was still raging on behind them, two men with extraordinary abilities settling their differences while their nation burns around them. To have all that power, a metal vessel it would be amazing. But that wasn’t his objective now, he had to keep fighting. There was no hesitation in his blade, His wind Scythe pushed weapons away form him and quashed all resistance from letting him and his part get through. He had done his part to keep his sister safe for now but now he just had to keep them both alive and in one piece.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum