You are not connected. Please login or register

Battle In The Sands [Teppo/Val Achilles/Battle/Closed]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier
Ariel was currently practicing his skills. And like usual, he was right outside the city walls. He continued to form shape after shape with the sand. The shapes he created were very intricate and he made them extremely detailed. He liked to train whenever he could, as he wanted to improve his skills. When he had been younger, he had been very vulnerable, unable to defend himself. Even now, without his staff, he was basically defenseless. He wished that he was stronger in not only magic, but physically.

After a little while, he started to simultaneously gather sand and sculpt them. He made the shapes float around, swiftly changing its formation. It was almost like a show he was putting on. And woe to the man/woman who interrupted him...

Last edited by Ariel E. Harel on 12/08/16, 05:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

──────────────────────────────────────────────

View user profile

Teppo

Teppo
D-Tier
D-Tier
It was a fine thing for one to declare they were going on an adventure, but wasn’t always as exciting as it sounded. Hadil sighed, feeling a little anxious and more than a little eager to get a move on, but it wouldn’t do for him to die of hunger or disease due to poor planning. Holding up his list once more, the young Gladiator scanned the marketplace of Heliohapt, trying to determine the best location to buy his provisions. And then it caught his eye.

Sand. Floating Sand. And not only that but that sand had formed into various shapes. Curiosity taking hold, Hadil slowly moved closer to the man with the floating sand. He watched as the man made two armies out of the sand and sent them into battle against each other. The cavalry charged into the infantry, striking with their miniature spears. Defeated soldiers vanished in a splash of sand. The Army of the Right—that’s what Hadil decided to call them—making short work of the Army of the Left using their powerful horses and skillful riders. That was until the Army of the Left decide to employ it’s archers. And it rained dozens of little arrows onto the Army of the Right’s riders, ending their reign of terror. At this point both sides’ warriors rushed in, becoming a melee of swords and shields. It appeared that the Army of the Right was going to be victorious. That is, until the Army of the Left’s charismatic general bellowed a rallying cry. There wasn’t any actual sound, but the shape of the mini-general’s face was unmistakable. The Army of the Right was routed and Hadil moved to get a closer look, accidentally bumping the sandy manipulator. Hadil made a strange noise as he did so.

View user profile

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier
He chose to do a sort of play battle thing because it was very difficult for him to do so. He didn't know why, because it truly should have been easy, but it was hard. When he created the soldiers, it did not come out of his imagination. It was from his memories. He remembered seeing soldier always marching around the corner in Reim. He could recall the battles in the Colosseum that the man, Aurelius, took him to as punishment. The man knew how how much that boy had hated violence. The memories of the fights were etched into Ariel's mind, though. He could recall the blood that flowed, so red like a rose. He cursed his excellent memory. It was a terrible burden which he carried.

He had been doing very well, until a stranger bumped into the black magician. Immediately, all the sand which Ariel had been levitating fell to the ground. Ariel stepped back reflexively to see who had bumped into him. He tched in annoyance and gathered up a large amount of sound. Without a seconds thought, Ariel shot the ball of sand towards the stranger. Punishment for ruining his focus, one could say.

"Seriously, dammit? Watch where you're going!" he shouted.

View user profile

Teppo

Teppo
D-Tier
D-Tier
Realizing his mistake Hadil tried meekly to apologize, ”I’m really s—“  But he was cut short as the strangely hurled spheres of sand at him.  Much too close to evade, Hadil reflexively threw his arms up into a block and hopped back several paces.  If this was turning into a fight then it would necessary to get a good stock of his opponent and their surroundings.  Nothing about the stranger stood out in particular, except for the staff, but upon closer inspection he noticed that the man wore a tunic similar in style to what a slave wore.  Curious.

The duo stood just on the outskirts of the town’s bazaar.  Stalls, barrels, crates, produce, and various other kinds of a marketable items littered the street, making for a rather tricky battleground.  Hadil smiled.  He was used to a sandy arena, not this.  It would be a challenge.  Without responding to the man, the gladiator leapt towards him, armored fist cocked back for a blow aimed at his head.

View user profile

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier
Ariel had not anticipated the blow, but it did not harm him in the end. He would not have had enough reaction time to dodge the blow but that was the helpfulness of borgs. It created a shield around Ariel and protected him. When the borg shattered, Ariel did not look happy. Even less happy than before. This idiot was now trying to engage a fight with Ariel. Sure he had hurdled sand at him, but was that really any reason to start fighting? Honestly, he hated fighting. However, if it was to defend himself, he would certaintly fight. He might be mainly a pacifist, but he would definitely fight back to defend himself if he needed to!

Unlike the stranger, Ariel was use to fighting in such an environment. He lived most of his life in large and cluttered towns, where poverty and litter was a thing. He also fought in his very own home. And another thing, Ariel knew his way around Heliohapt. He could easily loose the other. After all, unless he had lived in Heliohapt before, he would get lost super easy in the Desert of Forgotten Souls.

Ariel immediately swooped his staff through the air. His hazel eyes flashed in annoyance yet he wore a steady face. He very much disliked being engaged in fights though...

View user profile

Teppo

Teppo
D-Tier
D-Tier
Hadil knew of magicians, but he’d never seen one before.  At least not in action.  So he was a quite shocked when an orb came into being around the man.  He believed the technique was call, “Bolg”.  However this a particular bit of magic was apparently not all that strong, shattering as his fist connected.  Glassy pieces of light fell around them.  Another surprised.  From what he had heard, Hadil thought that magic was supposed to be incredibly powerful.  What’s more the magician, instead of casting a spell, swung his staff at Hadil in an attempt to bludgeon him senseless.  As the wood whistled towards Hadil’s face, he raised his right arm, intercepting the weapon with his steel gauntlet.  It struck with a strength he wouldn’t have expected from the magician and sent a jolt up his arm.  But Hadil wouldn’t be cowed by this level of attack.  The gladiator stepped in towards his opponent, bringing them almost face to face and rammed his left fist into the stranger’s belly.

View user profile

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier
With adrenaline pumping through his blood now, He quickly snapped up to his feet. Besides, a punch like that wasn't anything he wasn't use to. He had often been beaten as a slave and he had the marks to prove the torture he had gone through. After a time of being kicked around, he learned to just get back up again as quickly as he fell. Although, this was bringing back some memories that he rather not remember... If he strained his ears hard enough, he was pretty sure he would hear his muffled screams. He couldn't help wince due to the thought.

Ariel wasn't using magic because he felt like it was a waste of magoi on some random stranger. Still, he wasn't above fighting dirty. He would if it meant he didn't have to squander in magoi. He would bring out the magic if need be but this stranger did not pose that much of a threat. Sure his stomach region was aching slightly but it wasn't like it hurt or was worth enough to get serious and call out some spells.

He quickly picked up his pace as he rushed towards the stranger again. He prepared to whack the other again with an oblique strike. It was positioned slightly off his right shoulder. When he brought it down, it was meant to slam on the area between the base of the neck.

View user profile

Teppo

Teppo
D-Tier
D-Tier
Euphoria was welling up inside Hadil.  Fingertip to fingertip, head to toe, he was filled with energy.  Adrenaline flowed through his veins and the rest of the world melted away.  All that matter was the fight, the thrill of combat.  Without being able to contain it, a broad grin stretched across his face.  It’d been some time since leaving Reim that he’d had some fun.  And truth be told, he’d been feeling homesick.  But not now.  Hadil accepted to blow to his shoulder blade with a winch.  He probably could have dodge it, but he wanted to stay offensive and deal some real damage.  Wrappeing his gauntlet’d hand into a fist, Hadil pulled it back and surged forth with a powerful uppercut aimed for his opponent’s chin.

View user profile
It was a sandy day in helio, which is everyday in helio. The man walked the day after he say Ariel. That person was interesting indeed. His magic is strong, but he needs to improve his physcal form. He would die without another skill other than magic.

The man looked through the dusty winds. It was just sand, sand, and more sand in the distance. Then there was something in the corner of his eye. There was sand being used but not in a normal way. Val could see this from miles away and know that this is magic.

The man grabbed his equipment and headed toward the magic. Val was still interested in magic so he loves to meet people who are lucky enough to use it. His whole family could use magic but he could not. It was what people called a mutation but nobody was sure.

As he gets closer and closer, he can see what is going on. It was Ariel, the man he just recently met, fighting a gladiator. It was easy to spot the gladiator as Val knew what they all looked like. However, this person was new to him. Val always watched glad fights to make sure they was not any theft or cheating.

The man eyes become bigger as he can see the sword about to hit Ariel. What happened? Why are they doing a pointless fight? He knew for a fact that Ariel would get hurt so he had to help. The man gets behind Ariel and pulls him back before he gets hit. He then draws his sword against the young glad.

Val was not wearing his Unity Corp Uniform meaning that the person would not know Val at all unless he met the king.

Battle In The Sands [Teppo/Val Achilles/Battle/Closed] OuJTgPh

Battle In The Sands [Teppo/Val Achilles/Battle/Closed] Val%20Sigs_zps45gfcdgt

Battle In The Sands [Teppo/Val Achilles/Battle/Closed] EvhHC< click on it ^-^
View user profile

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier
OOC: Well, I guess this can be our posting order: Teppo, Val, then me. Also, sorry for the very short post. I just haven't been very motivated or inspired these past days.

Focused on the person in front of him, he did not notice the man from earlier approach him from behind. He watched the other's motions carefully, taking note of them. He was trying to move slightly to the side when he felt a pull bring him away from his opponent. A new sword entered the clash, much to Ariel's surprise. What even more surprised him was the one who wielded the sword. Ariel recognized him as Val Achilles, the man who had aided him in reclaiming his staff from a young thief. After the initial shock, he could not say he was very amazed to be encountering this man again. He always seemed to be wherever any small commotion might have occurred.

Suddenly, Ariel felt slight annoyance creep up on him. Before he knew it, he had whacked Val in the head with his staff. He put his hands on his hips and glared at Val.

"What is it and you with popping up everywhere?" he growled.

Truth be told, Ariel would have rather dealt with the young gladiator himself. It was very good practice for him. It's not like the other was dealing the greatest amount of damage. Perhaps he would concur a bruise or a scrape from the force but nothing that Ariel was not use to.

Last edited by Ariel (Ella) Harel on 07/08/16, 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

Teppo

Teppo
D-Tier
D-Tier
Hadil let out a noise of surprise as his fist whiffed through the air.  That attack should have connected.  His question was answered as the as he noticed another stranger pulling the first stranger back away the danger and pulling a sword himself.  Hadil took a few steps back.

The young gladiator cocked his head to the side and stared at the duo quizzically, like a child in confusion.  ”Why did you do that, mister?  I was really starting to have fun.  And it’s really rude to intrude on another person’s fight.”  He asked, putting his hands on his hips.

Hadil had to hold his emotions in check.  He hated cowards.  But it wasn’t the stranger fault that the other way had pulled him out of the fight.  Still, if this man also chose to fight, then things were going to get a bit more challenging.  The gladiator could tell that this newcomer was much stronger.  There was a certain air about the fellow.  Hadil’s eyes twinkled in anticipation.

View user profile
The hero looked at Ariel's opponent with stern look. This man had some type of aura on him, making him a easy opponent for Val. However, he had some type of skill, still making him a worthy adversary for Ariel. It was best to step in to make sure Ariel does not get hurt.

"Sorry for intruding, however, this is unfair fight, especially when you are fighting a magician who only has a staff in physical combat. Fight me instead of Ariel, if he wants. If not, I will just merely watch." Val then made a fist and brought it to the opponents eye view. "If you dare injure Ariel badly, there will be consequences."

View user profile

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier
He was wondering what it would take to get their attention. They both seemed to be ignoring him, in favor of each other, leaving Ariel feeling very left out and exasperated. What did Val think he was? Some damsel in distress? It was true he was a magician, a race known for their talent of controlling the rukh but also known for having feeble bodies. Though he had a frailer body, who said he was weak? He had been a slave almost his entire life. It took more strength than most people had to endure those harsh and cruel conditions.

In order to catch their attention, he gathered to separate balls of sand and levitated them over Val and the other man's head. He released his hold on the balls of sand, so by the laws of gravity, they would fall down upon their heads.

"I really wasn't looking for a fight. I got one, but again, I wasn't looking for one. But I am perfectly able to fight my own battles. I don't need someone doing it for me. I was a damn slave my whole life. A few punches are nothing to what I've undergone before," he confessed irritably.

Suddenly, he was quite aware of what he had just said. While being very intelligent, he also had a tendency to be somewhat careless, a characteristic more seen in his younger years, however. It was part of his terribly blunt nature. He really wish it was possible to undo his words. He hated admitting his past as a slave but sometimes the words escaped from him. As being seen now.

OOC: I actually didn't expect Ariel's confession myself. I had nothing else to write and I basically just let my hands write. This is what it turned out to be.

View user profile

Teppo

Teppo
D-Tier
D-Tier
Hadil laughed, more than a little surprised at the naiveté of the newcomer’s words.  ”Battles are fraught with danger.  Injury, whether severe or minor, are just a natural part of it.  Asking me to avoid injuring your friend is like asking the wind not to blow.  And besides, if Staff Mister is incapable of taking care of himself in battle, then he should throw away his weapon and be a civilian.”  He spoke haughtily, a byproduct of his emotions.  He didn’t intend to sound scornful, but this man’s words were radiating cowardice and it was irritating the young gladiator.  If the man with the staff hadn’t wanted to fight, then why had he thrown sand at him in an attempt to blind him?

Speaking of sand, once more Hadil was covered in it as it fell from above.  Before he could question it, the staff man spoke.  And Hadil’s earlier scorn was quickly replaced with admiration.  It seemed that his original opponent was not a coward after all.  And even more so, he had revealed that he was once a slave.  That fact paired with the fact that the man was free and not still a slave earned some of Hadil’s respect.  Surely such a man would be a worthy opponent.  He settled back into a fighter’s stance and addressed the staff man, ”Before we engage once more, Staff Mister, I would like to know the name of my opponent.  My name is Hadil Wasem, Gladiator of Reim.”

View user profile
Val chuckled at Hadil's response as he looked towards with nice, friendly eyes. "You are right, my apologizes." The man was still confused on what happened. He that the young gladiator may have started something. This man was interesting indeed, as he looked very weak but his nature did not show that.

Then the hero feels a big thump on his hat full of sand. Val did not realize what it was until he put his hand on his hat. He immediately takes of the hat and brushes it off to not leave a single speck behind. What surprised Val was Ariel telling them about his past as a slave. The hero could not believe he would never suspect such a thing. He is for one wearing slave clothing and most people with a dark complection are usually from Helio. Helio is a big place for slavery which should have been obvious. Val had no choice but to give him a bit of pity, however, he would not show it.

The human really was eager to know there potential so he drew his swords and got to the middle between them. "I am now in the fight. You guys can either team up to fight me or fight me while fighting each other. I am fine with anything, however, I will not go easy. By the way, my name is Val Achilles who is part of the Unity Corp of Reim." He then take off his hat and bows slightly.

View user profile

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier
Ariel's origins were very hazy. As far as he knew, he had been born in a small village in Balbaad. Though he was easily mistaken as a native of Heliohapt, he could not remember ever living in the Desert of Forgotten Souls when he was a baby. The farthest which he could remember always brought him back to a plant filled environment, where he scurried about, examining everything with childish glee. Back then, he had been so wonderfully oblivious to the pain of the world. He did not know anything beyond the village he knew to be his home. He couldn't help but complain about how his youth had been stolen from him. Carelessness seemed to be a reoccurring pattern in his life. He was careless and said something or did something and something bad followed after. One could say his carelessness was an ominous sign. A gut feeling seemed to be telling Ariel that is was wiser to leave this whole mess while he had a chance.

He tilted his head to the side and grinned cheekily. "Nah, I've got other things to do," he replied.

As he spun around, his smile morphed into a frown. He shot a fearful glance back at them before leaving the site. Bad things only happened to him when he was careless. It was not they he should be worried for, it was himself.

[EXIT]

View user profile

Teppo

Teppo
D-Tier
D-Tier
Hadil had grown up rather sheltered.  He’d seen very little outside of the colosseum and despite them being part of Reim, he hadn’t a single clue what or who the Unity Corps were.  Or even the significance of one of their members, if there even was one.  The Swordsman introduced himself as Val Achilles and drew swords.  But any excitement that could be drummed up by that action was quickly watered down as Hadil’s original opponent declined giving his name and fled.

Irritation swelled up inside of the young gladiator and he could feel his mood spoil.  It would be hard to enjoy a fight after witnessing such cowardice.  He’d thought the Staff Mister was braver than that.  After all, he had been the one to initiate the fight.  Relaxing from his stance and frowning, Hadil responded to Val, ”As much as I’d enjoy accepting your challenge, there are two reasons I can’t:  First, this battleground has been sullied by cowardice.  Secondly, I can sense a great strength from you.  I would increase my own power before engaging you, Val Achilles.  May you be well until that day comes. He waved farewell to the swordsman before turning and heading into the market.

[EXIT]

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum