We Made A Wall But It's Too Big[Job|Noir]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

Job Details:

After becoming a second Kodor, Zion expected his troubles to be over. Instead they had been magnified! The raiders that attacked his home stole only the research Mikael left behind regarding magic tools. They were clearly instigated to do so on someone else's behalf. The living magic doll knew his enemy was within the academy but had no way of proving this. Zion wanted to return to Magnostadt in order to settle his debts and grudges but the young magician could not bare to leave his home unprotected once more. Had he not returned in time to kill the men who burned down the rooftop house, the damage dealt to the tower interior might have been even more severe.

The Koval Estate was no longer protected by a powerful resident magician. Mikael was gone which left defense of the tower to Zion as the heir and new owner. If he wanted to leave the tower for an extended period of time he would need to make necessary preparations to ensure the safety of this place which was so close to the white haired magician's heart. The first thing that came to mind was building a wall. Though Zion did manage to pick up some knowledge of building from his work with Skullkid, he felt that what he really needed was another magician to help him with the burden of creating a wall formed from magic.

The well-travelled short term roommate Zion met recently was the first person who came to mind. There were few magicians in Magnostadt Zion could truly trust at the moment. At the very least, Noir seemed like someone who would not take advantage of Zion. Even so, he did not yet dare reveal his secret to her as there was no telling how she might react to find how he wasn't a "real" person.

The snow haired magician arrived in front of the window to Noir's room and knocked on the glass gently. He was sitting atop his flying carpet and smiling innocently as he waited for the woman to come open the window. "Good afternoon, Noir! I am building a wall to protect my home and I need the help of someone with a lot of magoi to finish the project quickly in just one day. Could you lend me a hand?"

WC: 387/1000

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The black haired girl’s eyes carefully scanned every words on the book she was reading at the moment, trying to not only memorize it all, but also to understand the meaning of it based on the theme of the book. Some might say it was a complicated way to enjoy a book, but for the young magician, it granted her new ways to gain knowledge and new perspective on how the book should be enjoyed. It was not a book about magic today, it was a book with a more historical theme in it, something that Noir had taken interest to at the moment.

It was a story about this man wanting to rebuild a wall around a city to show the might of God, to show that this God was with His people. It sounded like a cliché for the black haired girl, but she was curious about what happened after that as her golden eyes were locked at the book, scanning the content from left to right. This was not a boring book at all for Noir, it showed her a different perspective about the man’s intention to rebuild the wall. But oh well, if Noir had to deal with that kind of people, perhaps she would prefer to be outside of the wall because why not? Her freedom is more important than her safety.

Suddenly a sound coming from her window and she noticed Zion was floating outside on the top of his flying  carpet, wondering why he knocked her window instead of knocking the door of her room. Maybe he had a different style of thinking…so Noir wouldn’t judge. However, the white haired magician asked if Noir would lend him a hand to build a wall and the female magician would ask, “Are you Nehemiah…?” She would pause a little bit,  “Why need to protect yorur home though?”

WC: 312/312

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

Still seated atop his flying carpet, Zion rubbed the back of his head and laughed nervously when Noir asked why his home would need protection. The comment about Nehemiah went over Zion's head as he was more concerned with how he should best reply. It was a complicated situation and explaining all the details behind it would take some time, not to mention those who sought to do him harm were firmly established in Magnostadt and he felt first hand their capability to create problems for those in their way.   The less Noir knew, the less likely it was that she would get caught up in the midst of Zion's troubles. Not wanting to bring calamity unto the woman's doorstep, the white haired magician explained part of why he needed a wall without going into too many details.

"Truth be told, not too long ago raiders attacked the estate. I wasn't there at the time and only arrived after the fact, but they had plenty of time to set a fire and steal some things. Perhaps a wall would not have stopped them, but perhaps it would at least slow them down."

Leaving out the part about how those raiders were hired by Zion's enemies in Magnostadt, Zion explained the incident in which the wooden house atop his stone lab tower was reduced to ashes. Once that was done, he would smile brightly and ask once again. "So, do you think you can help?" It would be evident from the young magician's eyes that he was very hopeful to have Noir's help. Before he knew it, he had come to feel a closeness and reliance towards her after spending time together recently. Perhaps he could have gone to ask Skullkid for help instead, but the first person to come to mind was Noir.

690/1000

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The black haired girl sighed, wondering if she should lend a hand to this white haired boy. It was her precious free time and she really wanted to finish all this books that she borrowed from the library, but…at the same time she couldn’t really refuse Zion’s plead for her help. Not only that, it seems there was something more hidden behind the other magician’s words, although she was not sure about that and decided to not ask more about it for now. There was a lot of questions inside the golden eyed girl’s mind, one of it being this wall making that would help to slow the raiders down... did he imply that the raiders would go back and attack his manor again…? What kind of foolish raiders are they… to be willing to go back to the very same estate and steal stuff again… Oh well, she was just being too serious and cautious, she could be having a wrong opinion too.

“As strange as your reasoning sounds to me…” She paused a bit, locking her golden orbs towards Zion’s, “I will lend a hand.” Who knew what will happen later when she got involved in this matter, but the black haired magician was willing to lend a hand for Zion and she wouldn’t complain about it. “So, how do we start?” She would ask the magician as she stood up and got ready.

WC: 548/1000

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

At first it seemed as though Zion's senior academy student would deny his request. But when she ultimately agreed there was a wave of relief that came over Zion. The anxiety and worry Noir's initial words caused gave way to joy and excitement. "Thank you so much! I won't forget this favor! We should start by heading to the labtower, it's east of here. Hop on!" The youthful excitement caused Zion to raise his voice as he gestured for Noir to join him on the flying carpet.

It wouldn't take long for them to reach the labtower on Magnostadt's eastern horizon. The stone structure stood proudly at the mouth of the landsea known as The Great Plains. The distinct building stood out as the few trees nearby were dwarfed by its height. Atop the stone construction was a small wooden house. Not too far away from the tower was a small modest garden with white flowers surrounding a large stone slab. Four modest trees blooming with white flowers surrounded the garden creating a peaceful sanctuary of shade and beauty. The stone slab at the center was made of black marble and it had signs of scorch marks still visible on its surface. It was the burial platform for a cremation held only a few months go.

As they landed, Zion smiled and spread his hand bidding Noir to take in the sights. "Welcome to the Koval Estate. This place was made by my father, Mikael. That garden over there, he planted by hand and supposedly only those trees were brought in using magic." Zion pointed towards the garden as he spoke and though he didn't say it out loud, the garden was the pride of the estate in his eyes.

"If you'd like a tour of the tower later, I'd be happy to give one. But I don't want to waste any of your time so lets get to work!" The doll punched his fist through the air enthusiastically as he began walking towards a spot to begin building the wall. With a wave of his staff, Zion would perform Dense Building Sculpt and guide a thick section of earth upwards forming a single small wall. "This is about the best I can do at once. It's also the toughest wall I can make. But doing so takes almost a sixth of my total magoi. At this rate it will take me forever all be myself. Thats where you come in! Think you can help me, Miss Noir?"

WC: 1108/1000
Magoi: 220/260
Abilities Used:

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

A sigh would escape the golden eyed girl’s lips as a weak nod was all she could give as an answer when Zion told her to hop on. Noir would ask both of beasts to stay inside the room, asking them to behave before preparing their food. Right after that, the young magician would find herself sitting on top of the magic carpet, with her staff ready although she was still curious about a lot of things related to Zion’s request.

Now that she was thinking about it, it had been a long time since she rode a magic carpet. Well, she still had her magic carpet and sometimes she would use it within combat. However, she hadn’t done a nice evening stroll by sitting on top the carpet, enjoying the breeze and the calmness that the night could offer. She would notice that they were slowly going down and landed safely, a wide smile would greet Noir and the owner of that big smile was no other than her flying partner. “Ohh…” She said as she looked around, finding it amusing that his father would do both hand planting and also by using magic. “I want to see the garden later, it sounds interesting.”

The dark haired girl would observe how Zion cast his spell, from how he move his staff and commanded the rukh to build a wall. It was not her first time seeing magic to be used as a construction method, but it certainly was a rare occasion. She began to wonder if she should try one or two spells like that, but then again, when would she use it.

“I understand, I think I can help you…. I just have to find the right spell.”

WC: 838/1000

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

After hours of diligently making walls and some help with the magoi plentiful Noir, the time passed and the wall grew. In Zion's enthusiasm they created a rather large wall that spanned the entire estate. Unfortunately, that meant that within the wall there was quite a great deal of empty space. Feeling that it didn't look quite right, Zion wiped the sweat from his brow and asked Noir to join him in coming up with some ideas for what sort of things he could build there.

"I'm interested in making this place into something "great" that will be known widely. I also disagree with teachings in the academy that Goi are inferior....Do you think this could be a place for magicians and goi to come together in peace?"

Spending some time thinking on it, Zion suggested a tavern and stable catering to traveling merchants be built. Maybe a market too where magicians from the city could come to sell things to travelling merchants. He then turned his gaze to Noir curious for her thoughts.
Magoi: 50/260(Implied magoi used up to the edge of exhaustion)

Last edited by Zion on 17/08/18, 02:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

It was kind of fun making walls diligently, something that the black haired girl didn’t expect would feel. The time passed quickly and when she realized, the wall that both of them made was growing pretty fast. Still, she wondered why he would want to make a wall this big, it was as if he didn’t want anyone…or anything to come inside. As if there was something that he wanted to hide or even protect. But she knew she had to respect him by not asking about it, although she was a bit surprised when Zion shared his vision to her.

“I disagree as well…” Noir would say towards Zion, supporting the opinions that Goi are not inferior. “Magnostadt could be the academy for every race… not only magician. If we can achieve that, perhaps it would be a great thing… ” Although it seemed silly, the black haired girl had this thought on changing Magnostadt, making it into a country for scholar but not only in magic. It could provide warrior school, ranger school or any school that will give other races the chance to learn.

Zion’s ideas about tavern and stable catering were good, perhaps those were what Magnostadt need in the future? With a smile, Noir would nod at Zion, accepting his gratitude.

WC: 1000+/1000

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

When Noir said that Zion's plan would indeed be a "great thing" to accomplish the doll's eyes lit up and he couldn't help but smile. It was the first affirmation towards his aspirations of greatness that anyone had given him since his trouble quest began. A warm feeling spread inside Zion's heart as he took a deep breath and etched the memory of the moment into himself. Until now, the young magician had been simply doing his best to become stronger and to protect his home. Nothing else had mattered and so he felt that achieving Mikeal's hope for him to become someone "great" was a distant and intangible goal. Noir's words were like lighthouse amidst a misty haze of doubt. The impact it had helped Zion to feel security in following his heart and the will of solomon conveyed by the guidance of the rukh.

Spirits raised by their discussion, Zion would invite Noir to the tower for dinner as thanks for all her hard work. After spending all his magoi, Zion was rather famished himself.

[Exit]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum