You are not connected. Please login or register

Corrupted Beasts Reserved Chain

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Corrupted Beasts Reserved Chain Empty Corrupted Beasts Reserved Chain 11/06/18, 09:59 pm

Caelus Valeria

Caelus Valeria
A-Tier
A-Tier

Job Name: Black Dog
Job Rank: B
Job Location: Kou
Job Reward: 200 exp, 15,000 huang
Job Prerequisites: N/A
Job Overview: A fearsome beast has appeared nearby a war-ravaged town, all but wiping out those who didn't evacuate.  Take it out before it can claim any more lives!

Enemy:

Job Name: Strange Happenings
Job Rank: D
Job Reward: 50 exp, 3,000 huang
Job Prerequisites: Completed Black Dog
Job Overview: With the beast dead, a lone survivor emerges from the wreckage to tell you what he knows of its appearance.  Find out what you can from this man.

Job Name: Seeking Higher Learning
Job Rank: N/A
Job Location: Travel, Kou -> Magnostadt
Job Reward: N/A
Job Prerequisites: Completed Strange Happenings
Job Overview: Armed with knowledge of where you can learn more about the beast, and a few samples of the beast itself, you decide to travel to Magnostadt.

Job Name: Stopped at the Starting Line
Job Location: Magnostadt
Job Prerequisites: Completed Seeking Higher Learning
Job Overview: According to the guards, you aren't allowed into the city without being a magician.  But perhaps if you could find a sponsor...  Search out someone who can vouch for you!

Job Name: Teacher Troubles
Job Rank: C
Job Reward: 100 exp, 7,000 huang
Job Prerequisites: Completed Stopped at the Starting Line
Job Overview: The only people with enough experience to tell you about the sample are the teachers at the academy.  Find one who will help you in a little tit-for-tat.

Enemy:

Job Name: Dreadful Discovery
Job Prerequisites: Completed Teacher Troubles
Job Overview: Having studied the sample, the instructor informs you that Black Rukh have somehow been infused into the beast, giving it access to astonishing magical power, but quite possibly stripping it of sanity.  She sends you on your way, but keeps the sample for further research.

Job Name: An Unbearable Foe
Job Location: Magnostadt Plains
Job Prerequisites: Completed Dreadful Discovery
Job Overview: Before you can gain passage on a caravan back to Kou, you are met with another corrupted beast.  Slay it so you can return and warn others.

Enemy:

Job Name: To Kou with News
Job Rank: N/A
Job Location: Travel Magnostadt -> Kou
Job Reward: N/A
Job Prerequisites: Completed An Unbearable Foe
Job Overview: Travel back to Kou so you can warn them about this new threat.

Job Name: It That Strikes Unseen
Job Prerequisites: Completed To Kou with News
Job Overview: Upon arriving in Kou once again, you find a town in turmoil.  An unknown attacker is actively killing the citizens, and yet cannot be found.  Get in there and put this thing to rest!

Enemy:

Job Name: Emergency Broadcast
Job Prerequisites: Completed It That Strikes Unseen
Job Overview: Tell anyone who will listen about the Corrupted Beasts.  Better yet, find someone who can help spread the word of this new threat.  While you're at it, see if you can't figure out where these things are coming from!

Job Name: A Root of Evil
Job Prerequisites: Completed Emergency Broadcast
Job Overview: At last, someone has found where the majority of these beasts have been emerging.  But this is no time to celebrate.  Go kill this final enemy before things get really out of hand.

Enemy:

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

Black rukh doesn't work like this, in my opinion. It isn't something a creature can be injected with like some sort of parasite or vaccine, and even if it was, I fail to see how it would give magical powers and cause the person/creature to be insane.

Caelus Valeria

Caelus Valeria
A-Tier
A-Tier

I'll explain. We know from lore that Black Rukh cause feelings of despair in great concentrations, and that in turn causes more Black Rukh to gather. This can become so great as to cause people to fall into depravity and curse their fate. So we know they are self-propagating.

Black Rukh can also be used to perform magic just like White Rukh can, however users of Black Rukh have access to all of the Black Rukh around them in the same way that a magi does. This is shown with Al-Thamen, and moreso with Arba specifically, with her having found a way to dye someone's Rukh black using magic, and using this technique to create Al-Thamen. So we know that Black Rukh give access to huge magical potential.

When a ton of Black Rukh gather in a very small area and are condensed, we have the creation of Dark Djinn. Dark Djinn on their own are engines of destruction with a connection to a magic type. The first we see is the Gravity Dark Djinn in the manga/anime.

So my quest chain involves beasts that you could consider failed Dark Djinn. They are beings suffused with great amounts of Black Rukh, but not enough to cause them to become full Dark Djinn. Negative world changing events such as our current war in Kou would naturally attract huge amounts of Black Rukh. Without the specific direction of Al-Thamen, they wouldn't condense enough to form Dark Djinn, but i theorize that they could latch onto something as a vehicle, force them to fall into depravity, and then further collect inside the being. They would begin to take on a magical effect, but never quite get to the point of fully becoming a Dark Djinn. Since Black Rukh act as a kind of corrupting force, i don't see a reason that this couldn't happen.

Caelus Valeria

Caelus Valeria
A-Tier
A-Tier

bump

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

From what we've seen, Black Rukh experiments only really manifest when someone makes it happen. Not very many people know how to do those experiments, so there wouldn't really be anyone to set it in action. Black Rukh doesn't have a mind of its own to the point it turns creatures rukh black, further reiterating the point made before. I doubt an animal would even become depraved. Why would it? They aren't like the humanoid races of the world. They just do what their instincts tell them and have no concept of fate.

Caelus Valeria

Caelus Valeria
A-Tier
A-Tier

Unfortunately i think we are just at odds with this. And i don't really want to rework the chain to be like lab experiments or something because that has frankly been done to death. So i'll just call this a loss and move on.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum