A-Tier
A-Tier

[D-tier]

Bullet
Tier: D
Class: Magician
Type: Offensive
Range: Short/Medium(3m-10m)
Requirements/Drawbacks: The magician must gently wave their staff/wand before tapping the air or object with their staff/wand or fingertip. The size of the staff/wand/fingertip determines the size and range of the bullet.
Scaling: Damage
Sustain: -
Cool Down: 1
Cost: 10 Magoi
Description:

The caster gathers magoi at the tip of their staff/wand or fingertip. The rukh are given the command to gather at the origin point creating a lump of strength magic equal to the size of the medium up to a maximum of 10cm in diameter. The lump is created upon tapping the air or an object. The blob of strength magi will apply force in the direction of the tap sending compressed air or small objects flying. When using ones finger or wand with a tip smaller than 5cm the bullet will travel 10m. When using a staff that exceeds 5cm the range will be reduced to 5m. When using a staff that meets the max size of 10cm the range will drop to 3m. The force applied to the target will cause it to impact against anything in its effective range for D-tier damage or higher if scaled.

Wall
Type: Defensive
Range: Medium(0m-5m)
Requirements/Drawbacks: The magician must swipe their staff/wand or hand in the direction the wall is being created while channeling magoi through their staff/wand. The wall always forms based on which way the magician swipes(I.E. Sweeping left to right causes the wall to start forming on the left before expanding rightward.)
Scaling: Amount
Description:

The magician swipes through the air releasing a wave of magoi which commands rukh of the 7th type to form a solid wall of force. The wall isn't very large with a maximum possible size of 1.5mx2m with a thickness of 3cm. This wall can manifest up to 5m away. By scaling this spell the magician can create additional walls but only by swiping once more.

Bind
Type: Supplementary
Range: Medium(5m)
Requirements/Drawbacks: This spell is ineffective against large targets. The user must aim the spell with their wand/staff or fingertip while channeling magoi through the staff/wand.
Scaling: Strength - For each additional 10 magoi the force binding the target in place increases by one tier up to a cap of A-tier.
Description:

The magician aims their medium at the target and generate a ring of strength magic 10cm in diameter. The ring can be fired at a target up to 5m away and if the magician focuses they can slightly guide the ring to adjust its trajectory by 1m in any direction. Upon making contact the ring will expand up to 2m in size in an attempt to wrap around the struck target. The ring will initially seem to lack any force passing through the target until it is fully inside the ring. At that moment the strength magic will activate causing a binding force to lock in place. The ring closes in and shrinks to hold targets in place freezing in the air at the location of ensnarement lasting 1 post. Victims will need to apply ability force equal or greater than that of this spell in order to break free.

Flight
Tier: D-Ω
Specialization: Magician
Type: Supplementary
Range: Close
Requirements/Drawbacks: Must know strength magic.
Scaling: Flight Power
Cool Down: -
Cost: 10
Description:

The magician commands gravity type rukh into manipulating the space around a target giving it flight under the magician's control. This can be used to achieve varying degrees of flight.

• D-tier: The magician has full control over where they fly, however they wobble in the air unsteadily and move at the speed of a leisurely stroll.
    • C-tier: The magician's flight is stable and they have control over their direction. The speed of the flight has increased to rival someone in a dead sprint.
    • B-tier: The speed of the flight has increased further, exceeding normal human limitations to provide supernatural speed.
    • A-tier: The magician can now fly at incredible speeds covering even great distances within a short amount of time.

[C-tier]

Bullet Attract
Tier: C
Type: Offensive
Range: Medium(5m)
Requirements/Drawbacks: Each individual bullet is unable to recognize obstacles making them easily misled. The magician must gently wave their staff/wand and then tap the air with their fingertip or staff/wand.  
Scaling: Amount
Cool Down: 2
Cost: 20 Magoi
Description:

The magician taps the air with their staff/wand or fingertip creating an extremely dense ball of magoi. Unlike the parent spell, this ball is the same size regardless of medium used to tap. The ball is 5cm in diameter before launching forward as a tightly compressed projectile of force. By tracking the target with their eyes, the user can command the bullet to chase them, however they cannot directly control the flight paths of the bullets. Each bullet fired can last for 2 posts but causing them to linger in order to chase a target costs and additional 5 magoi on top of normal upkeep costs. Each projectile deals C-tier damage and can travel up to 5m away from the magician before fading.

Code:
[center][b][D-tier][/b][/center]

[center][b]Bullet[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] D
[b]Class:[/b] Magician
[b]Type:[/b] Offensive
[b]Range:[/b] Short/Medium(3m-10m)
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] The magician must gently wave their staff/wand before tapping the air or object with their staff/wand or fingertip. The size of the staff/wand/fingertip determines the size and range of the bullet.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Damage
[b]Sustain:[/b] -
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 1
[b]Cost:[/b] 10 Magoi
[b]Description:[/b]
[list]
The caster gathers magoi at the tip of their staff/wand or fingertip. The rukh are given the command to gather at the origin point creating a lump of strength magic equal to the size of the medium up to a maximum of 10cm in diameter. The lump is created upon tapping the air or an object. The blob of strength magi will apply force in the direction of the tap sending compressed air or small objects flying. When using ones finger or wand with a tip smaller than 5cm the bullet will travel 10m. When using a staff that exceeds 5cm the range will be reduced to 5m. When using a staff that meets the max size of 10cm the range will drop to 3m. The force applied to the target will cause it to impact against anything in its effective range for D-tier damage or higher if scaled.[/list]

[center][b]Wall[/b][/center]
[b]Type:[/b] Defensive
[b]Range:[/b] Medium(0m-5m)
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] The magician must swipe their staff/wand or hand in the direction the wall is being created while channeling magoi through their staff/wand. The wall always forms based on which way the magician swipes(I.E. Sweeping left to right causes the wall to start forming on the left before expanding rightward.)
[b]Scaling:[/b] Amount
[list]
The magician swipes through the air releasing a wave of magoi which commands rukh of the 7th type to form a solid wall of force. The wall isn't very large with a maximum possible size of 1.5mx2m with a thickness of 3cm. This wall can manifest up to 5m away. By scaling this spell the magician can create additional walls but only by swiping once more.[/list]

[center][b]Bind[/b][/center]
[b]Type:[/b] Supplementary
[b]Range:[/b] Medium(5m)
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] This spell is ineffective against large targets. The user must aim the spell with their wand/staff or fingertip while channeling magoi through the staff/wand.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Strength - For each additional 10 magoi the force binding the target in place increases by one tier up to a cap of A-tier.
[list]
The magician aims their medium at the target and generate a ring of strength magic 10cm in diameter. The ring can be fired at a target up to 5m away and if the magician focuses they can slightly guide the ring to adjust its trajectory by 1m in any direction. Upon making contact the ring will expand up to 2m in size in an attempt to wrap around the struck target. The ring will initially seem to lack any force passing through the target until it is fully inside the ring. At that moment the strength magic will activate causing a binding force to lock in place. The ring closes in and shrinks to hold targets in place freezing in the air at the location of ensnarement lasting 1 post. Victims will need to apply ability force equal or greater than that of this spell in order to break free.[/list]

[center][b]Flight[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] D-Ω
[b]Specialization:[/b] Magician
[b]Type:[/b] Supplementary
[b]Range:[/b] Close
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] Must know strength magic.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Flight Power
[b]Cool Down:[/b] -
[b]Cost:[/b] 10
[list]
The magician commands gravity type rukh into manipulating the space around a target giving it flight under the magician's control. This can be used to achieve varying degrees of flight.
[list]
[*]D-tier: The magician has full control over where they fly, however they wobble in the air unsteadily and move at the speed of a leisurely stroll.
[*]C-tier: The magician's flight is stable and they have control over their direction. The speed of the flight has increased to rival someone in a dead sprint.
[*]B-tier: The speed of the flight has increased further, exceeding normal human limitations to provide supernatural speed.
[*]A-tier: The magician can now fly at incredible speeds covering even great distances within a short amount of time.
[/list]
[/list]

[hr]

[center][b][C-tier][/b][/center]

[center][b]Bullet Attract[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] C
[b]Type:[/b] Offensive
[b]Range:[/b] Medium(5m)
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] Each individual bullet is unable to recognize obstacles making them easily misled. The magician must gently wave their staff/wand and then tap the air with their fingertip or staff/wand.  
[b]Scaling:[/b] Amount
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 2
[b]Cost:[/b] 20 Magoi
[list]
The magician taps the air with their staff/wand or fingertip creating an extremely dense ball of magoi. Unlike the parent spell, this ball is the same size regardless of medium used to tap. The ball is 5cm in diameter before launching forward as a tightly compressed projectile of force. By tracking the target with their eyes, the user can command the bullet to chase them, however they cannot directly control the flight paths of the bullets. Each bullet fired can last for 2 posts but causing them to linger in order to chase a target costs and additional 5 magoi on top of normal upkeep costs. Each projectile deals C-tier damage and can travel up to 5m away from the magician before fading.[/list]

Last edited by Zion on 15/04/18, 06:48 pm; edited 4 times in total

──────────────────────────────────────────────

2Zion's Starter Abilities Empty Re: Zion's Starter Abilities 07/04/18, 10:04 pm

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

The medium of magicians must be their staff/stave/wand. It cannot be body parts alone.

Bullet

- I know it's mostly fluff, but D-Tier isn't really strong enough to send someone flying. It only deals minor scratches/bruises after all.

Bind

- What are the original dimensions of the ring?
- What is its range in meters?
- How long does the ensnarement last? This should be one post.
- Victims of equal strength or higher should also be able to break free.

Bullet Attract

- If you want to treat it as a child ability in combat, that's up to you but in the grading process, it will be treated as its own separate ability.
- Please add this statement, 'The magician taps the air with their staff/wand' to your requirement.
- Please specify the distance it can travel.
- The sustain amount is 10 magoi, not 5 magoi.

3Zion's Starter Abilities Empty Re: Zion's Starter Abilities 08/04/18, 12:59 am

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

I'm not making my finger the medium for my spells, it's just how I'm interacting with the spell and my environment. I've adjusted the wording to make that a bit more clear.

Bullet - Not sure what part of it is "fluff" but the systems say that "fluff" matters. As for sending people flying I don't see why it can't do that if a forward force is being applied directly to their body. I am not hitting them with a projectile which sends them flying. I am tapping them and adding what is essentially a more focused form of the D-tier flight spell which sacrifices control of direction for a dedicated straight shot.

Bind - Added original dimension of 10cm in diameter. The ring range was stated as 5m in the description but I've added it to range field as well. Added 1 post duration. Already have a dedicated sentence about how players can use an equal or greater ability to escape. Basic actions are unable to break abilities.

Bullet Attract - I don't understand why you would make the distinction of it being a separate ability. Grading it as a derivative spell is stricter and a more accurate way of looking at it. But okay. Edited the requirement, but as for the magoi cost it says that is an additional 5 magoi on top of normal upkeep costs(if the beams chase a target without hitting them). So the spells upkeep is normally 10 but will increase by 5 magoi for each beam that continues to chase a target after the post it was fired in.

4Zion's Starter Abilities Empty Re: Zion's Starter Abilities 12/04/18, 07:05 pm

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

I've added a line to the tapping spells which requires I move the staff/wand prior to tapping with my finger. The staff will help me communicate with the rukh, I'm just supplying the magoi for the spell through my fingertip. Hopefully that satisfies your requirements.

5Zion's Starter Abilities Empty Re: Zion's Starter Abilities 15/04/18, 06:10 pm

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Bullet: Based off of the description of this ability you word it to where it is dealing a supplementary effect, moving another player then it damages them. Now it's described as the reasoning being because of the force of the ability. How does it differ from an offensive/supplementary ability if it's pure offensive? You compared it to D-tier flight, which is pure supplementary.

Bullet Attract: Add that the balls do C-tier damage.

Zion's Starter Abilities OJgAYLo

6Zion's Starter Abilities Empty Re: Zion's Starter Abilities 15/04/18, 06:51 pm

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

It was kind of in a grey area of being offensive or supplementary since it turned things into bullets and there was no reason it couldn't turn bodies into bullets too. But I've gone ahead and removed the lines about using it on targets/people anyways.

Added C-tier damage.

7Zion's Starter Abilities Empty Re: Zion's Starter Abilities 16/04/18, 11:03 am

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Starters Approved, you can add them to your vault.

Zion's Starter Abilities OJgAYLo

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum