Rima's Burning Desire [Training ~ Solo]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

[This takes place before Rima reunited with Diana.]

The Old Man:

It had been at least three weeks since Rima had departed from the capital of Reim. Regret was hitting her hard for leaving without actually saying goodbye to Diana. Every time she tried to sleep she was plagued with nightmares, so she thought this was her punishment for committing so many sins in the past. Her legs were also in pain from walking so much, it had been a long time since she actually was able to rest them. However, as bad as this may have been she reminded herself of how awful the harsh deserts of Heliohapt were to her.

After walking all that way she eventually came across a peaceful little lakeside next to a small village. She let out a sigh of relief as she pushed herself to keep going. Unfortunately, before she actually made it into the village she passed out from exhaustion.

Word Count ( 147 / 500)

Last edited by Rima on 08/11/16, 06:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

A few hours pass...

Rima's eyes fluttered open as she started to sit up on the bed. As she rubbed her eyes she started gazing around the unfamiliar yet cozy room she is in. "Oh you're finally awake!" a gravelly voice said from across the room. Rima looked upon an old man in the doorway. She tilted her head in confusion. "Where am I? and who are you?" The old man walked over to her and placed a large wooden tray on her lap, it had a large bowl of what seemed to stew on it. She didn't hesitate at all she picked up the wooden spoon and started to shovel the piping hot soup into her mouth.

Rima let out a muffled scream as she covered her mouth with her hands. "I think you should have waited for it to cool down." the old man said with a chuckle. She then proceeded to give him a hateful glare, but she quickly started to giggle uncontrollably after realizing her lack of patience. "So are you a magician as well young lady?" he said pointed towards the staff next to her bed. "I found that next to you when I found you unconscious."

Word Count ( 345 / 500)

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

Rima gave the old man a puzzled luck. "Wait you're a magician?" she said giving his body another look. He looked more like a war veteran than a mage, not to mention he had a sheathed sword on his side. His gentle smile turned smug after hearing this. "Should I prove it to you?" he said crossing his arms. "Do you think you're able to stand?" Rima let out a deep sigh as she pushed aside the wooden tray she was given and hopped out of the bed.

"I'll be right out, Let me change into something a bit more comfortable first." she said grabbing her bag. "I'll be on my chair on the porch, meet me out there when you're ready." he said as he left the room.

Word Count ( 474 / 500)

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

After she dressed into something much lighter and grabbed her staff she started to make her way outside. While she walked through his house she noticed it wasn't very big, nor out of the ordinary. He did seem to have a couple of weapons holstered up on the wall here and there, but nothing special. Finally, she got to the front door and walked out letting the nice chilly breeze hit her in the face. "It's so nice outside today." he said as he was rocking back and forth in his chair. "It really is..". He gripped his walking stick and pulled himself out of the chair. "So..how long have you been practicing magic for young lady?" he said taking a couple of steps off the porch. Rima looked at him and thought for a moment.

"For about four years now, but I've known that I was magician since I was seven." The old man faced towards the lake in front of his house. "If I impress you with my magic, would you mind hanging around for a little bit? I would love to teach you some things." he said as the wind started to blow harder. Rima was shocked to hear this, as most people turn her away just for seeing how she dresses most of the time. "I don't scare you? I mean you're a magician...can't you see the black Rukh that surround me?" she said as hear eyes started to tear up. "Everybody makes mistakes, someone your age can easily fix them."

Word Count ( 729 / 500)

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

Rima was left speechless after that last remark, but he was about to demonstrate his magic so she concentrated on him. The old man gripped his walking stick and pointed it towards the lake. He started to move the staff in a circular motion, he then slashed the staff through the imaginary circle. "Mamnue Alshshams!" A flame sparked from the tip of the staff and hurled a large ball of intense flame towards the lake. As the ball of fire moved it also grew in size, at this point it was the size of a large boulder. When it finally reached the halfway point of the lake it exploded scorching the lake itself. Rima's was expressionless after witnessing such raw power. To think that a single type of magic was capable of that much power was scary to her.

The old man looked back at the speechless girl. "Is this the first time you're witnessing actual magic? he said with a cocky smile on his face. "I can teach you this, and much more." Rima gripped her staff out of mixed emotions. She then got on her knees and looked up to him. "Please...please teach me everything you know." she said with the utmost respect for him now. The old man patted her on the head and started to walk back towards his chair. "Show me what you're capable of..we will start from the very basics if we need to."

Word Count ( 969 / 500)

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

Two weeks later...

"Mamnue Alshshams!" A small flame sparked from her staff and hurled off into the distance dispersing quickly. The old man let out a hearty laugh as he saw this pitiful magic be performed.  "Maybe heat magic just isn't your thing." Rima then glared at him with eyes sharp as daggers. "Or maybe you just need another nudge." he said nervously coughing. He then walked over to her and helped her go over the required motions again."Okay...I'm gonna give it another go." she said as she got into a much more refined stance. She moved her staff in a circular motion and cut down the middle as instructed. "Mamnue Alshshams!" she cried out. A large flame then erupted from her staff and shot off into the distance. The old man clapped slowly as he witnessed her potential finally. "It seems your magic is much stronger when you let your emotions run freely. Try to loosen up around me a little bit, I just want to see more progress like this."

After a long day of psychical and magical labor they finally went inside to eat dinner. They traded stories from their adventures as per usual, then they went to bed only to wake up early in the morning and repeat the previous day. As Rima dressed into her night clothes she looked into the mirror, she noticed that she actually was gaining a bit of muscle. Not only had he been training her in magic, but she's been doing a lot of psychical work as well. She fell asleep with joy in her heart that night.

Word Count ( 1234 / 500)

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

About a month and a half later...

"In such a short amount of time you have not only mastered another type of magic, but you also created a very powerful magic of your own. I'm just so proud of you..." the old man said with teary eyes. "Give me a hug before you go." Rima lunged towards him and gave him a heartfelt  hug. "Thank you so much Ojiisan!" she said crying into his shoulder. It had only been two months since they met, but Rima saw Faris as her own grandfather. He was the first person to actually understand her, and the only person that knows her story. Rima had noticed since her time with him that it wasn't only black Rukh that flocked around her now. Occasionally every now and then she would see a normal white Rukh float around her, giving her a little hope for her future.

It was almost time for her to be heading on her own again, but first she had to get dressed. While she was here she finally got to wash her clothes, it had been a while since she had gotten to wash them. After fully putting on her clothes she looked into the mirror and put on her signature black lipstick as a finishing touch. It had been a while since she wore her normal clothing, she had been just wearing spare clothes and what not since all she did every day was train. It felt good to wear them again after such a long time.

She made her way back outside onto the front porch and looked at Faris. "I know we'll meet again Ojiisan.." Faris looked up at her and gave her his usual smile. "Of course we will, and if you ever want to see me again just come back! This is your home now after all." he said giving her one last hug. "Hey..don't make me cry! I don't want to ruin my makeup." she said with a light giggle and walked down the steps. She gave him one more smile and started her adventure once again.

Word Count ( 1579 / 500)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum