Dungeon Beast
Duquin
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Under the current system, it only takes one attack of equal tier to destroy an item. The way this is worded means if two fighters wielding C-tier swords attack each other and the blades clash, both of them break.

Clearly we need to re-work this as it makes weapons more or less useless after a single clash against an opponent of equal rank/tier.

I suggest each Tier be given a durability value which drops each time an attack is received. Attacks of different tiers deal more damage to an item's durability. If durability hits 0, the weapon breaks. If the battle ends before it hits 0, then it is assumed the owner performs basic maintenance between threads and durability is restored to full.

Durability
D Tier Weapons - 50
C Tier Weapons - 100
B Tier Weapons - 200
A Tier Weapons - 400

Damage
D Tier Attacks - 10
C Tier Attacks - 20
B Tier Attacks - 40
A Tier Attacks - 80

This system would allow weapons of equal tier to clash at least 5 times before breaking. I believe this would make weapons much more useful.

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Thank you all, for everything.

Dungeon Beast

Beast
Beast

Dungeon Beast Approves of this system!

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

I like this system. And I assume that a staff = 0 XD
(seriously though, staff wouldn't be zero)

but yeah, I like the numbers, too

however, as I can tell, this would only be weapon against weapon, correct? If offensive techs are used, that would be like the normal 1 of equal rank thing, right? or does the damage thing also apply to weapon vs. techs?

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

I listed the damage as "attacks" because not all techs are attacks. However the ones that are would presumably follow this system as well.

You brought up a good point with staffs and honestly I'm not sure what standards for those should be. Maybe basic staffs are equal to a D or C tier weapon and Advanced staffs are equal to an A tier? I'm not sure, I'll let another staff member throw down their opinion.

You also reminded me about Parrying! I believe that if a weapon is used to parry an attack with a tech successfully that it shouldn't take durability damage. If the parry fails because the attack was a fire ball or something else you can't really parry then it would still take damage. At least that's my suggestion~

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Well yeah, parrying is deflecting a physical attack. A great example would be when Toto rushed for Alibaba and he simply parried the larger sword to his side by kind of using his own sword as a "slide" for which the bigger sword slide down on, leaving Toto open.

There ended up being no noticeable or at least notable damage dealt to Alibaba's sword in the process of parrying a much larger sword that was being swung with "tech" like strength. So yeah, parrying shouldn't take damage if done correctly.

Sara

Sara
C-Tier
C-Tier

And if a defensive item enters this, increase it by 50% I'd say.

So if someone had a A-rank shield it could take 600 because being destroyed.

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

actually, that would be WAY to tough to destroy. Seriously, it would take several A-tier weapons to destroy it. However, if it would be attack, instead of dealing damage to whatever hit it, the shield wouldn't damage the attacking weapon.

Though I guess that's a given since a shield technically auto-parries (but takes damage rather than not receiving any, right?) XD

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Sara wrote:And if a defensive item enters this, increase it by 50% I'd say.

So if someone had a A-rank shield it could take 600 because being destroyed.

I don't have any complaints regarding this. But I'm totally bias because my beast has a defensive weapon so of course I support it!

:D 

Sara

Sara
C-Tier
C-Tier

Zadi wrote:actually, that would be WAY to tough to destroy. Seriously, it would take several A-tier weapons to destroy it. However, if it would be attack, instead of dealing damage to whatever hit it, the shield wouldn't damage the attacking weapon.

Though I guess that's a given since a shield technically auto-parries (but takes damage rather than not receiving any, right?) XD

I don't quite get what your trying to say  Embarassed 

Anyways I said specifically defensive items with the sole purpose of being used to defend against things alone sounds quite fair. It takes 5 A-ranks to break another weapon already. I believe this is based only on melee strikes, not really techniques or anything else. Therefore it would take 8. Yet if you find that overpowered and if it bothers you, I wouldn't mind dropping it to about 30%? That would be 6 A-ranks and a B-rank.

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

It only bothered me cause I thought that a shield would deal return damage upon being struck. I'm guessing it doesn't. Know what I mean though? Like, a sword hits a really though shield and in some movie or anime, the sword breaks, right? Well, that WOULD NOT apply in this case, would it?

Noah

Noah
C-Tier
C-Tier

But my issue is it still be impossible for a D tier anything hope to beat a C tier dom user since it take 5 C tier blows which would be the complete amount of energy for a D tier. I'm saying it should be less damage. 3 blows is plenty since beast can have that healing skill as well. Plus make defensive skills to ward off incoming attacks. Beast lack of raw defense is made up by their ability to be sentient beings that can dodge and attack on their own and deal damage. If we really went to get complex and break it down maybe we could break pets health down by their types archers would have the least being killed by 2 of their tiers, specials 3, and offensive 4.

Item/Weapon/Beast Destruction Issue IlYJr79

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

I don't like adjusting beast health between the types. I think that is an extra layer of complexity we don't need. However I see what you mean about the durability and agree that lowering it to a base of 3 is appropriate for balance reasons. I still don't like it though...3 clashes is just so harsh and really puts the screw on weapon users. Maybe that lowered amount should only apply to beasts?

Noah

Noah
C-Tier
C-Tier

That's what I'm thinking since weapons can still be separated from their users by certain skills. But beasts can still move and attack even if far away from their masters and if said masters are Dex or strength spec and throwing out strong attacks without using energy ontop of their creatures pressing an enemy it be extremely hard to defeat them.

Item/Weapon/Beast Destruction Issue IlYJr79

Ptolemy Essa

Ptolemy Essa
C-Tier
C-Tier

I think it would make more sense if you changed it up for those who are Dom main though. On their own, they are fairly useless and even when they get their second spec... There seems to be an obvious strength difference between them and the other classes.

Ptolemy's Vault

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Ptolemy Essa wrote:I think it would make more sense if you changed it up for those who are Dom main though. On their own, they are fairly useless and even when they get their second spec... There seems to be an obvious strength difference between them and the other classes.

Can you elaborate? What to you mean by "change it up"?

Dom specs are SUPPOSED to be useless without their beasts till they get a secondary spec so I don't see that changing any time soon. But if you have an idea/suggestion on how to improve things, let us know.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

It seems a bit reasonable, gives us a chance before our toys break.

I don't have much to say about the new system until i played for another month or two. Since i'm a Primary Dom, i'm sure to run into a few things that could be brought to attention, just not right now.

Item/Weapon/Beast Destruction Issue CrChE3t

Item/Weapon/Beast Destruction Issue LBbFjDO

Lagi's Vault

Ptolemy Essa

Ptolemy Essa
C-Tier
C-Tier

Well from what I understand each beast would have 3" Hitpoints" for lack of a better term, no matter the rank or size of said creature. How do those things come into play with this? Because I don't see a sword dealing a whole ton of damage to a armor plated (Insert animal here), who also happens to be massive. I think the size should be taken into account here.

Ptolemy's Vault

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Ptolemy Essa wrote:Well from what I understand each beast would have 3" Hitpoints" for lack of a better term, no matter the rank or size of said creature. How do those things come into play with this? Because I don't see a sword dealing a whole ton of damage to a armor plated (Insert animal here), who also happens to be massive. I think the size should be taken into account here.

That is incorrect unless you're assuming it is always Beast VS equal tier abilities.

As for armored beasts, that is what your special traits are for. If your beast is somehow more durable due to its size or hide, then you would use up one of your special trait slots to make that clear. For example, my beast has a thick bone skull which allows it's head to act as if it were one tier higher when taking damage or defending.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum