You are not connected. Please login or register

My views on Sustain and other views on combat

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier

Since the winter wonderland ive been considering sustain and how I have started to think that it has had serious negative affects on the site as a whole.

Sustain promotes the idea of having a very small pool of abilities though we have a moderate size of technique pool avaliable to us, in addition to promoting the constant resuse of abilities to sustain yourself in PvP combat.

I would like to suggest some new suggestions for techniques.

-Half the cost of all techniques, I believe this would work well with the removal of sustain with the rather small magoi/stamina pools though it would extend the length of combats but I believe it would make it far more interesting.

-Allow effects to last longer periods but at the cost of damage to extend affects.

-Remove sustain in favour of larger pools of techniques.

-Half cost techniques for Dominance remain for there beasts.

____

More radical ideas.

The removal of cooldown could be an option and move to the idea that people are limited to uses in a thread they can have more ability uses for A and Omega tier abilities at the cost of reduced power potential.

Long Term Set Techniques - These Techniques act as traps primarily useable in areas such as dungeons and the like that have preset battlefields, you use stamina early to lay things that can be used later.

Movement, Beasts should not avoid reaction times though they may have higher reactions that humans in addition to there speed, for example people can't turn on the spot, neither can a creature flying as well laws of physics the forces to change to an opposite direction instantaneously can have nasty affects.

AoE - People may know I have a dislike of AoE techniques and my view that they are overpowered for there grade of Techniques, there is no point for direct attacks as an AoE blocked by a direct that has three people in it would only protect the initial technique user, Our techniques are graded by power for example surely all A tiers are of equal power, if an AoE is used that Power is spread out over a radius rather than in a direct attack.

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

The way sustaining attacks works in the new system is already different from the current system. I ask that you please be patient and wait a bit longer for the updates to finish.

Your critique on the new system will be welcome once it has been posted up for all to see~

Very Happy

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier

Yak trolled me ;P

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum