Adrastos Thanatos
Lagi
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

As those of you who have read the Change In Management thread may know, I'll be taking up the reins of adminship once more. Ari has done a great job of balancing the systems and maintaining the forum till now. I'd like to thank her for all her hard work, as well as thank the rest of staff for supporting her through it all.

That being said, I'd like to make some changes once I'm in charge a few months from now. Some BIG changes that I think will really improve upon the current forum experience. I'll be trying to work on those in private until the dungeon is over, and then I'll coordinate with staff to refine them into something worth presenting to you all.

Until then, I'd like to use this thread to gauge everyone's interest in the subject of changes. Is there anything about the forum you would like to see changed? Please state your opinions here. I can't promise to enact every change suggested, but I do promise to consider each one and move forward with the general desires mentioned here in mind. If you'd prefer no changes and for things to stay as they are, you're welcome to voice those feelings here as well.

Please do not attack or counter the suggestions of other members here. This thread is just for collecting opinions and ideas. I humbly request that debates over the ideas presented here are held in other threads or over private messages.

Thank you all for your time~

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

You did say that you was thinking of retiring Yakuroro, but overall, there should be a retirement system. When a player is ready to move onto the next character or the next adventure they are going to make with that character, (be it offspring or whatever) it's best that for a players hard work and the rank of the character they are retiring, there should be some sort of benefits added. IF we wont be playing the character anymore, maybe there should be something. I dont think everything will transfer but with people retiring characters perhaps and want to focus on other chars, maybe there should be a system set in stone?

Maybe we need a time skip so we all start off on the same foot, a bit of a treat for old players as an incentive and more inviting towards the new ones?

Thats all i can think of as ideas for now.

Oh, ive been playing around with Rand (random integer generator) for a while as fun, incorporate something involving the rand system perhaps?

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

I wouldn't mind there being a rule regarding what you can and can't have as an avatar. Would also be nice for such a rule to exist for names.

This is a serious request, so don't please don't accuse me of targeting an individual. Such a rule set would help make the site look like a serious RP experience.

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

Zadi wrote:I wouldn't mind there being a rule regarding what you can and can't have as an avatar. Would also be nice for such a rule to exist for names.

This is a serious request, so don't please don't accuse me of targeting an individual. Such a rule set would help make the site look like a serious RP experience.

What do you mean, Zadi? A rule regarding both avatar and name? It's kind of a vague request to me. I'd personally like to know more just to understand what you are asking Yaku and the staff to change/add.

Also, since Yaku told me to post here so he doesn't forget, I'd like it if DMV users got their own titles. It's not much of a "change request" but rather a small addition since adding a couple of titles won't be as difficult as adding a completely new set of rules or a system.

I created two that are decent awhile back (out of boredom I might add), and shared them with a few people as well.

Forum Changes: What Do You Want? 10WLlaq

Forum Changes: What Do You Want? JMH3AaA

Forum Changes: What Do You Want? Sj8wrUC

Forum Changes: What Do You Want? Suq9Zi0

Just examples.

I'm not sure what else could be changed, but I'd rather it not be so severe that this is no longer a Magi site, is no longer fun, benefits one person instead of everyone, or ruins everything that every player has accomplished. If I think of anything, I'll post in this thread again.

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

I thought my request was obvious, but I guess I should explain all the same;

I believe that an avatar is important to understanding an account's character. As an example (good or bad is up to you), Zadi's avatar focuses on his glare. I feel that such a glare is menacing in some way. However, looking around the rest of the avatar, you see he has a lolipop in his mouth. Could this lolipop represent Zadi's child-like innocence in some way? Perhaps. Onto his attire within the avatar; black. Again a menacing color from my perspective. However, black isn't a true color, it is a shade. It covers Zadi's body like any form of clothes would. Could mean something, could mean nothing.

The name is rather straight forward from my perspective. Whatever the name of the character, that's the name of the account plus or minus a title. The account "Zadi" represents the character "Zadi Medmar". No title or even a last name. That could give insight to the character as a whole, but may not. The point is that the account name is the character name.

Now I'm not saying that everything has to have a deeper meaning, but I would rather not see an avatar that has nothing to do with the actual character such as a monkey with a top hat representing Zadi. Zadi isn't a top hat-wearing monkey. Sure there could be deeper meaning, but why not keep things simple and use Zadi the character's FC? As for the name, as stated before, just keeping things in line with the character is less confusing than "Zadi Poopypants".

Hope this explanation was clear. I don't personally want to write up a specific rule because I'm not great with wording stuff. Just a rule to keep a player account's name/avatar in line with the character the account represents.

I'm in agreement with Adra's idea of adding some title images. I personally like the middle two that Adra presented. Shows more of the face behind the text.

SolomonxKing

SolomonxKing
A-Tier
A-Tier

I like the tittle idea above a lot, my only opinion is maybe dig more into curse magic, doesn't have to be fully open as by the looks of it not only is it unavailable but some people are unsure of it. But maybe dip into it a bit with like cursed gear or things like that. Just a interesting thought but not needed.

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

I have another request. Please bear with me.

We should get rid of the lives system and just let every PC have unlimited lives. However, we should keep certain aspects of the system such as a Magoi/Stamina drop with every life lost and the capability of getting that Magoi/Stamina back at the Black Pyramid at the cost of Huang (that, too, should not be limited). I possess a character that has died against their will, so my take on this matter may not be completely unbiased. Therefore I wouldn't mind someone criticizing this request. That way I might also be able to properly explain my request a little better~

I also wanted access to Curse Magic not too long ago, but I was denied due to the God-moding that Curse Magic inherently is. Essentially, Curse Magic forces a plot device (black rukh) onto a victim and literally nothing else. I've come to realize that I only wanted Curse Magic for plot purposes anyway, so I'm kind of glad I was denied. I can still see the appeal, but combat-wise...there just isn't any appeal without God-moding.

As for Curse Magic gear, that, too, falls into the same problem as Int spec Curse Magic. Great for personal plot, possibly not very great for a victim.

I did propose an idea (in chat when I asked about Curse Magic) to let victims of Curse Magic decide if they are cursed or not. Basically ruins all plot purpose, but having it would at least be "cool" if nothing else (literally nothing else).

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Thank you all for your feedback~ I welcome more, so feel free to post again if you think of something else!

Ani

Ani
A-Tier
A-Tier

I think it'd be cool to introduce a nickname system, something like where the rpers could get nicknames from doing something significant, or ect. Peoples nicknames could be assigned once they reach a certain rank, or when they do something significant.

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Ani wrote:I think it'd be cool to introduce a nickname system, something like where the rpers could get nicknames from doing something significant, or ect. Peoples nicknames could be assigned once they reach a certain rank, or when they do something significant.

Would you mind elaborating on how these nicknames will be displayed? Is this an IC thing or an OOC thing? I'm assuming you mean something different from how ranks have titles to them(you're a "Veteran" as a C-tier, I'm a "Royal" as an A-tier). But what you described kinda sounded like the same thing to me so I'd be grateful if you could explain a bit more about this idea.

Ani

Ani
A-Tier
A-Tier

Essentially it would be an IC thing, like it would be displayed on the profile so it could be seen when they post. It could get a graphic and go under titles, or you could put it somewhere else. The point would basically to be notoriety thing. If you'd like to tweak it if you did it that'd be fine, but I still think the concept could be cool and fun.

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Thank you for clarifying Ani, and another thank you to everyone. Your participation in this thread is much appreciated and I am already confident that it will have been worth the while. I'm happy to consider and assimilate many of the ideas put forth so far.

Please continue to ponder the subject of changes you'd like, or aspects of the current systems you already enjoy and would prefer not change. It is my sincere hope that this thread continues to grow and be filled bursting at the seams with feedback!

Greyfield

Greyfield
C-Tier
C-Tier

My Suggestion is more RP based, I think the Fates Fortune option to add citizens to a country should be opened up to Omega-tier characters who joined the upper ranks of a country. This isn't a critical change to make but I think it makes sense that an experienced member of a countries upper ranks would be able to add to the population.

That brings me to another suggestion. I think the amount of citizens added to a country through the shop should be increased. The population of a village could be said to fall between 60-200 people. If the "country" has a very small population (Ex: a country of 500 people) then adding a maximum of 500 may have doubled the population while doing nothing for the big picture.If the country has a more reasonable population for a country that just started out (25,000+ in my opinion) the addition of 500 citizens seems trivial.I think the amount added should be somewhere in the 10,000's range and the exp cost should increase as a result (perhaps around 600 xp). Combined with my first suggestion a country that deserves to become has the chance through effort.

Ex: country founder can add 10,000 people 5 times at the cost of 600 xp.
50,000 people for 3000 xp in total. ( a masive increase to a country's population if it starts with 25,000, I think it makes sense as the limit of what a single person could cause to happen to a country RP wise)

Country founder and the Rpers who help found the country if they are omega-tier
150,000 people for a total of 9000 xp total (a grand increase to country size if it started a 25,000,again I think it makes sense for the the limit of what 3 powerful people who are cooperating could cause to happen to a country's population)

Country founder,aids, and 7 omega-tiers who decide to join the upper ranks

500,000 ( around half the estimated population of ancient rome at is peak) people for a total of 30,000 exp. ( Don't need the state the difference, It would take the cooperation of 10 omega tiers ,who each spent  3000 exp, to reach this point so I think it's more than fair.)

Of course there are exceptions, assuming players can chose the type of people they let in the country(/add to existing one if the first suggestion is implemented) things get tricky because I would say 100 fanalis are more valuable than 100 humans. If Fanalis are stronger,faster,hardier, and as intelligent as humans then as law abiding citizens they are worth a lot more even when ignoring combat power.
I think it reasonable to assume that construction,farming,hunting,etc. produce more for less when performed by fanalis compared to humans.

Some option to stop complete agricultural saturation, are letting the staff decide what makes sense to add or adding a point system. (Ex: you get ten thousand points when you buy from the shop, humans are worth 1, imuchakks 3, fanalis 5, mages 5. Imuchakk mages would be worth 7 if they were physically fit and if anyone cared to make that distinction, so you could get 10,000 humans only, 2000 fanalis only, 8000 humans and 400 fanalis, etc.)

While I do want systems to stay simple, I would argue that anyone who has reached the point where they can add citizens to a country is experienced enough to handle a point system.

That's my suggestion, while I would like to see some or all of it implemeted I also see how it could be considered trival and pointless. I also aware that some of the number may be to generous or to strict so any change someone thinks is better is also good.

(This suggestion is pointless if you can add more citizens through other means like the publicity gained from conquering a dungeon, In which case I'm sorry for wasting your time.)

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

As Worn mentioned adding more to Fate's Fortune, I'd like to propose the same. However, I suggest adding more options for players to utilize. As of now, only two Omega-Tier players have purchased anything from the shop: Ariella and Lagi. The shop was suppose to offer Omega-Tier's the opportunity to spend their excess experience and be provided with rewards to recognize their rank which they worked so hard to achieve, but nobody has really used it. It would be a shame to erase it completely, so we should think of ways to improve the shop itself and what can be purchased.

One suggestion I have is for it to be possible to buy a Face-Claim change through Fate's Fortune. It's something that seems to be used quite often, and if an Omega-Tier doesn't have the huang, but has the exp, why can't they buy a Face-Claim changing opportunity? Seems like a good idea.

Also, perhaps even more options could be open to them. I can only think of allowing them to spend xp to change their FC, but adding more to Fate's Fortune could very well revive it.

SolomonxKing

SolomonxKing
A-Tier
A-Tier

I am almost there and I plan on using three of the options so I agree maybe add more, but definitely do not remove it. As for population amounts more depth too it would be nice as it would be it more complex and interesting for war situations however that would be much more work.

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Bump~

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum