Social Ability Question

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Social Ability Question Empty Social Ability Question 13/03/16, 07:26 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

I was looking through my vault recently trying to gain a grasp of how many abilities I should make as I plan on making a few soon.

I noticed that I have a couple social abilities that I had previously counted as primary ability slots. I'd like to ask a couple questions about these abilities and social abilities in general though:

Can Social Spells Be From Magic Types You Don't Have Trained?
I am currently using two of my social abilities as clairvoyance magic. I used a page of the Grimoire to obtain them back before social abilities were a thing.

Do I still need a page just to make those socials? If not, then could I make heat magic social spells even though I don't have that magic type for combat?

Can Social Spells Be Tied To Magic Tools?
I have magic tools which give me access to the magic types I want to use for other socials. If the above is not allowed, do socials registered to items take up the limited spell slots they grant?

2Social Ability Question Empty Re: Social Ability Question 14/03/16, 09:27 am

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Social abilities may not take up ability slots, but you must still have some type of access to that magic type. If you register a social ability to a magic tool, it WOULD use up a slot on that magic tool, as it gives very limited access to that magic type. You cannot access that magic type on your own, the tool is the only way to get that magic type, therefor, if you wanted to use that magic type in a social spell, it must be tied to the tool itself. Same with grimoire pages, as it is a limited access to that magic type and can only be access through the use of the grimoire page. So you cannot have a grimoire page for clairvoyance magic and then make 15 different socials based off that page, any abilities associated with that magic type will be tied to the page itself.

3Social Ability Question Empty Re: Social Ability Question 14/03/16, 09:53 am

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Thankyou, feel free to mark this as solved.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum