Winter Event Rewards

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Winter Event Rewards Empty Winter Event Rewards 04/03/16, 04:19 pm

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

I took some time to think about the worth of the tokens and I must say, I'm technically not disappointed...but I'm also not satisfied. In the grand scheme of things, the rewards you can exchange Winter Tokens for are fair for everyone whether you have 1 token or 10. However, whenever I asked what the worth of the tokens was, I was told things would be amazing if you have 10 or more which is basically the amount attained after defeating almost all of the Gauntlet.

Seeing the rewards now, what came out of 10+ tokens isn't what I had in mind. What I had in mind was probably too much of a dream in the first place and staff was also working things out with the rewards, but for 10 tokens, you get 2 coupons, 100,000 Huang, or 1 coupon and 50,000 Huang. A coupon is nice and so is a medium-high amount of Huang, but my daydreaming got be thinking along the likes of magic tools. Not just any magic tools either! I was thinking self-created magic tools!

Knowing now how much tokens are worth (in Huang at least), I've come up with what feels fair to me while I'm typing this post;

• 1 magic tool maximum per person
  • 1 magic type
  • 1 spell slot
  • D-tier = 7 tokens
    C-tier = 10 tokens
    B-tier = 15 tokens
    A-tier = 20 tokens

I did the price based on the Huang counterpart +5 tokens (rounded up) so as not to depreciate the value of the coupons;
D-tier (25,000 Huang) + 5 tokens = ~7 tokens
C-tier (50,000 Huang) + 5 tokens = 10 tokens
B-tier (75,000 Huang) + 5 tokens = ~13 tokens
A-tier (150,000 Huang) + 5 tokens = 20 tokens

Just an idea that I daydreamed while waiting for the Winter Event Shop to come up. I totally understand if this isn't feasible or is just completely ridiculous.

2Winter Event Rewards Empty Re: Winter Event Rewards 04/03/16, 05:53 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

I felt pretty underwhelmed by the value of the tokens. But I also understand if staff is not willing to handle a wave of magic tools up for approval. I'd love to make my own life magic tool~ However, more huang per token or something else along those lines would satisfy me. Either way, I'm not going to complain or debate to make it happen. These are just my thoughts.

3Winter Event Rewards Empty Re: Winter Event Rewards 05/03/16, 07:18 am

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

We had considered custom magic tools in exchange for tokens, but given that we are short a member of staff and the amount of time it would take to create custom tools for each person redeeming tokens, at this time, we simply cannot handle that kind of work load. The event did not turn out quite how the members running it anticipated it, but it was a learning experience for everyone involved and we appreciate your patience with the entire event.

4Winter Event Rewards Empty Re: Winter Event Rewards 05/03/16, 03:08 pm

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

I was thinking more along the lines the magic tools being created by the purchaser of the magic tool for optimal customization. All that staff would then have to do is review the magic tool created, similar to how a magic weapon (Str, Stl, and Dex) is created and approved.

5Winter Event Rewards Empty Re: Winter Event Rewards 05/03/16, 08:04 pm

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

I understand what you were intending, but that is still a lot of reviewing and processing, fine tuning and tweaking that may or may not need to be done for a large number of people trying to redeem. I apologize for any dissatisfaction felt for the rewards, but staff is doing the best we can with the constraints of time given to us (real life is, sadly, a bitch). This event was intended as an opportunity for the newer staff to "get their feet wet" when it came to creating and running events and it turned out to be far more complicated than they anticipated, especially with the loss of a staff member mid-event.

Again, our apologies for any disappointment, but we are hoping to wrap this little event up very soon and move on to other, more IC developments, such as dungeons. And, in all reality, if you have 20 tokens, 200k is not a bad amount to walk away with.

6Winter Event Rewards Empty Re: Winter Event Rewards 05/03/16, 11:03 pm

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

My idea was a stretch to begin with, I'm not sore~

Thanks for the event even happening. It was fun (technically still is since it is still going)~

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum