Zadi
Lagi
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

You think this isn't broken? Yellow Magician Sub magic? -Magnetism, the argument- Magneto,+x+men,+rfk

Strength magic has the sub magic of gravity; water magic has the sub magic of ice. The reason why I made this thread is to argue the case that yellow magicians should have access to the sub magic of magnetism. Based off of personal experience, I started off with magnetism with my metallic bird Zygus. Upon getting el drago, it is an unspoken rule that I had access to magnetism as well through the concept of lightning magic. However, this deteriorates the potential of what it can really do if it was a standalone sub-magic.

I’m no magician, but there is a what how I would do this. Anyone whose anyone has magic tools, has metal vessels. Even the metals in your fancy jewelry, clothing or whatever you have. Keyword “metal” Even the enemies you make that have some sort of weapons, are weapons, weapons made of metal. I said all this to show that magnetisim is not gimmicky. For balance, we actually have the ability to see magnetisim, or basically all forms of life have a version of a magnetic sensor in our eyes called cryptochrome. The only ones who was able to see and detect them were avaians “Example: Zygus.” The magnetic sense could sit anywhere in the body because the magnetic field penetrates the body. It’s an internal compass that’s not really understood, but for magician purposes, I’m sure you could “See the magnetic rukh” Or “Using the rukh to affects the planets magnetic fields to garner effect”

Now the base actions of it and its special modifier. By modifier, I mean how ice can freeze, and gravity produces flight. Magnetism is self-explanatory. Attracting, repelling, but like every sub magic, something sets them apart. I have two ideas.

1. Sense magnetic fields, how they move and anything that moves/disturbs them .Detect metallic objects, advanced users can track humans by iron in their blood.
Your counterargument might be, “But we have life magic for sensory. “However, this isn’t life magic. The world of magi should maintain its base properties as to how a planet operates, which still means it should maintain its magnecitc field even in this world. This could actually turn into the ultimate sensory, because you would sense attacks. It works the same as when I created and used steam magic and produced the steam, anything that disturbed it or was in it, I had full knowledge and information as to what was going on in my steam. Here was the technique

I really miss this …
Spoiler:

This gave me a reaction time because the steam was an extension of my senses. Considering using the magnesite fields of the planet itself, A gathering reaction time of the magnetic fields covering a specific range of yourself based on their disturbances that's always constantly disturbed because we are moving around and doing shit all the time, you can use it anywhere, at any time, and it’ll be pretty fucking powerful *Excuse my language*

Number 2. It would be a modifier of magnetic attacks vs metallic objects. It can give off a sense of indirect attacks to not target the player, but his/her weapons and tools. You would be sacrificing damage for targeted durability. What this does is take the supposed damage subtraction that would happen if it affected the durability of the weapon and add half of that value to it. *I was going to say double but that might be too strong. * Can still be clashed like all spells, but directed attacks can be a bit harder if they are like as small as a dagger and you don’t know what they are targeting, plus sight indicators of the spells activation method.

Example B-Tier || 100 > 150 would be if you used magnetism. To give it a big deal, you would take magnetism more seriously if it was “Through a magnetism spell / B-Tier || 200* . The average health of a b rank weapon or even a tool would be around B-Tier: 40 || 200, correct me if I’m wrong, but one magnetism spell, just one, would tear that shit up. Repairing is a bitch, paying the penalty to fix it is a bitch *unless you are an inventor or a blacksmith to lighten the load* If we go this route, wordcount is one of two options, or should be. It they have the money, they can buyout and fix their weapon that way if they got the huang to spend.

That’s my ideas, I want to petition the idea of the Magnetism sub-magic for yellow magic/yellow magicians. If this is a bad idea, too game breaking, or jst stupid, please give me feedback. If you all hate it this much, its cool, ill back off.

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

I think Lagi is right. Granted, I didn't read everything that he posted...but I at least have canon reference;

http://magi.wikia.com/wiki/Dunya_Musta'sim#Abilities

As for how "OP" this is, let me just say that Strength Magic can do this, too...but in a broader sense. However, I only see this as a "problem" because of how OP Dom is as a spec and adding in sub-types with Legend Beast magic in general shouldn't be a thing. Seriously, what more do you need when you have so many passive/half-cost skills!?

And besides, a Legend Beast isn't a full-fledged magician. Therefore I feel they shouldn't have the capability to use magic sub-types because a sub-type is basically another magic altogether. However, having said this yet read only 10% of Lagi's post AND being a magician AND probably having to face Lagi in the tournament, I don't know how 'good' my word is...

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

I meant as a general sense as yellow magic having a subtype. It's not about me, it's about the bigger picture. Yes, I want to fuck around with magnetism, but that's personal. lol

Hohotaro

Hohotaro
A-Tier
A-Tier

*Disclaimer. My opinion and views does not reflect the opinions and views of all of the staff XD*

I don't see why you can't create magnetism spells using lightning magic if you want. As long as it follows the current guidelines. Do you really need to have it to have advantage over other types?

There are only 2 magic that have subtypes and both of them doesn't have that much advantage over other types.

Freeze magic's advantage is negligible. It's just immobilize with more post duration B-Tier and above. If you're frozen for more than 2 posts in a normal fight you'll be dead lol.

And gravity magic is available to all. At least it's "advantage" which is flight.

oh... Maybe it can be a status effect...

Magnetized - reduce ability speed and reaction speed by half like poison but instead of killing the person on A-Tier and O-Tier it can destroy items or something... XD

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Hohotaro wrote:

I don't see why you can't create magnetism spells using lightning magic if you want. As long as it follows the current guidelines. Do you really need to have it to have advantage over other types?

Yellow Magician Sub magic? -Magnetism, the argument- 6c8v8m

No really, why not? It can be explained, the utility is there. This is to promote creativity and ideas, I just thought this was a good idea to implement. You can't say "You can do this, but it lacks the potential of what it could truly be." I'm just not one for half-assing thing and it was sitting in the back of my mind.

The disclimer you put up for the magnetism immobilization should not be a passive of the sub type. It doesn't need a passive, it's a subtype. It only needs a passive as a stand alone spell type, more than likely combination elements like concussion magic.

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Ice magic allows for better immobilization than water.

Gravity magic is basically telekinesis.

Magnetism magic can disarm opponents.

These three sub-types, one probably soon-to-be, should not be in the hands of the already powerful Legend Beasts. That's all I'm saying. I'm not against having Magnetism being a Lightning sub-type. What I'm against is the use of sub-types for Legend Beasts. The only reason Dom has been allowed to become so powerful is because it is less popular as a primary (for some odd reason). These days, staff should focus on increasing balancing issues rather than popularity issues (in terms of specializations at least).

Also, Lagi...just...enough with the memes...

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

I've yet to see any case put forth as to why this needs to be a sub-type. Magnetism is already possible via lightning magic. That isn't an unspoken rule, that's canon.

Only reason I can see being mentioned is for increased damage against metal weapons but since it isn't a combination magic I see no reason for that to be added in for a sub-type.

So, why bother? It doesn't add anything to yellow/lightning magic unless you give the sub-type a bonus of some sort which it should not possess without being combination magic.

Also, if we start going around and registering every utility of a magic type as a sub-type there would be no end to it. Friction magic is technically a "sub-type" of heat magic, "flight" a sub-type of wind, "growth" a sub-type of strength, it goes on and on and on.

I'd prefer to leave the magic types as they are. The truly creative people will do creative things within the limitations of the system.

Farid Issah

Farid Issah
β-Tier
β-Tier

I am in accordance, it is possible as is. I dont see the need for it to be a subtype. It definitely could be, but there is no need.

Lexiara

Lexiara
A-Tier
A-Tier

**Views are from a player standpoint, not staff**

I agree with Yaku completely. Sub-types don't have a passive effect to them, they simply have access to some supplementary effects their parent magic type don't have. What Lagi is asking to do is perfectly possible (Ari even has a spell made specifically to target and damage items and not people, as an example). Why create a sub-type when it is completely unnecessary? That simply adds more work for staff and more stuff for players to read through/remember.

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Staff Decision~

As there is 0 benefit, whatsoever, to adding this as its own sub-type, at this time the idea is being shelved. Everything Lagi was wanting is currently possible without creating a sub-type for the spec. As such, there is no reason to add more to a complex magic page.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum