You are not connected. Please login or register

Another day at the job [mission closed]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Noah

Noah
C-Tier
C-Tier

The job:

Noah sat on the terrace eating a bowl of fresh picked grapes. The sun was beating down on him with a fury that only the sweet juice of the fruit could quench. Though it was the middle of the winter the heat here in Helioapht never got too cold, except at night. Noah had spent the past few days working his butt off and deserved this nice day of rest and relaxation. It seemed that the workload at the Pyramid had been getting greater and greater as each week passed. His mind and body were not use to this kind of strain and had been exhausted after working nonstop for thirty-six hours straight. He looked down below to the city streets noticing a person dressed in all white minus a symbol of the country in black approaching his home’s location. Noah knew what this meant and he was not too pleased about it. The cloaked figure darted in between a group of people just walking down the street. As the white cloaked figure walked past a woman he bumped right into her causing her to fall to the group spilling out the basket of fruit that she held in her arms. Noah was not only shocked at the rudeness of the Pyramid’s messenger but also the amount of fruit one bask could actually hold. A dozen if not more large grapefruit looking fruits spilled out onto the dirt road leaving the woman scurrying to gather them back up before a horse cart would run them over.

Word Count: 256

Noah

Noah
C-Tier
C-Tier

As Noah took a sip from the glass of water next to him he watched the man dart into the out cove that was right at his own little home’s door. What would happen next was quiet obvious to Noah and he had already started to stand up just as a knock was heard at his door. Not even a single day’s peace with them is it? As he walked back into his home he grabbed a silk silver robe with sky blue trimming and threw it over his body covering him. He had until then only been wearing his undergarments, a pair of metallic blue silk boxer style shorts. Though being rather young, short, and not to physically gifted Noah was still in great shape. He did not have the muscles that most men his age would wish to have but he did have a thin figure with little to nobody fat along with a slightly tan skin and his unique eye color made him really stand out against the dark toned men and women he normally found himself around. He grabbed the wooden staff that rested by the door before answering it. The boy standing outside the door was none other than a messenger for the Pyramid, one of his father’s if he remembered correctly. The boy was not too much younger than Noah but was already a good four to five inches taller than him. The boy was out of breathe, or at least it appeared as so, probably ran all the way here ignoring all those before him. “Noah..your father requires your presence at the temple. He is shorthanded and needs you to help out with the influx of visitors.” Noah made a tsk sound with his teeth and tongue. He was right in his previous assumption, never a moments rest around here.

Word Count: 564

Noah

Noah
C-Tier
C-Tier

“Fine let us go, I wish to get back to my grapes and resting quickly, I have no time to be stuck at that musky old place all day again. If my father requires my presence he shall have it but it will a prompt visit.” He walked past the boy slamming the door behind him. The Pyramid was only a few minutes’ walk away and the two would be there in no time but Noah had little desire to be stuck there longer than he had to be. The boy was left to catch up to the mage but he would have to be quicker than he was because not after taking but three steps did Noah’s feet begin to lift off from the ground and he started to fly at the massive building at an increase speed. As he got near the entrance he would land gracefully and continue his pace in stride. His father stood at the door of the Pyramid watching his son with a grimace expression. As the man’s son approached the older man turned around and slowly started walking into the structure leaving Noah to catch up to his father’s coattails. “You know Noah that this building has stood the test of time and been one of the key points of our great nation since the founding? You should consider it an honor to be a member of this society and not an outcast or a simple street magician, our head priest and the pharaoh both have high expectations for you.” Noah knew where this conversation was going quick and would end it before his father started to go on his history lecture and bore Noah to death. He picked up his pace and quickly walked passed his father not even making eye contact with him, he knew where he needed to be and why he was there no need for an old fart to repeat what he already knew. “I already know father, don’t worry I will not embarrass you.” He darted down a side hallway and was gone from site from his father before his rude actions would have been answered.

Word Count: 926

Noah

Noah
C-Tier
C-Tier

His father would not let him get far though. He quickly was able to catch up to his arrogant son and grab him by the shoulder. “Noah when I speak to you child you will listen! I am one of the head overseers of this ancient and magesitc piece of history and will be treated with the respect I deserve! Do I make myself clear?!” The man’s brown eyes were narrow and full of anger, the same could be said about the tone in his voice. Noah had ticked him off a great deal it seemed. He spun around and looked at his father in the eyes. “Well make this whole listen quick, I have not had a day off in a long time and I’m coming into this hell hole for you so if you don’t mind I would like to have this whole ordeal done quickly. His father slapped the boy on the cheek causing the boy to grow angrier with each moment. “Respect your ancestors! This building is one of if not the oldest structures in the known world. Many a men gave their blood and sweat to build this place. You will do well to remember that. Now get on with yourself, I have no desire to be in the presence of foolish children any longer.” His father walked away leaving Noah alone in the hall. He was close to acting out and striking his father but knew if he did so he would be beaten to a pulp. He gathered his thoughts and started to walk in the direction he needed to go to get to work. His father’s days were coming close to an end though. Once he got a better grasp on his powers he would make sure of that.
-End-

Word Count: 1227

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum