A Council Meeting

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A Council Meeting Empty A Council Meeting 10/01/15, 09:12 am

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Lagi has called for a council meeting, there was plenty of things he needed to discuss and he didn’t want to make any further movements without at least informing them about it. The king has been working pretty hard for the sake of his country; he spared no expense towards his work effort when it came to making sure that he withheld his word towards his responsibilities and the like. It was a gamble, like his new found involvement and partnership with the Nomadic tribes, but nothing wasn’t done out of bad intentions. Everything would be explained and cleared up for the most part. There was an invitation sent to garret and Azix if they wanted to stop by, but it was mostly formalities. They didn’t have to if they didn’t want to. “And now…I wait…” Lagi would say as he sat in his council chair and waited..”

2A Council Meeting Empty Re: A Council Meeting 10/01/15, 12:25 pm

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The councilors filed into the room, Roark and Cassandra on one side, Wei Tenji and Chuge Don on the other. Lagi had requested a meeting with them and they were happy to see him finally approaching them instead of the other way around. Roark would take the initiative to call the meeting to order before looking at his son.

“Very well, King el Nagi. You called for this meeting. What is it you wished to discuss today?”

All four of the councilors were quiet, wondering what he had wanted to bring up. They would bring their own questions into the meeting later.

3A Council Meeting Empty Re: A Council Meeting 10/01/15, 05:41 pm

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Thank you all for coming, the first thing I want to start with is the implementation of the Ravenous Manta that I took the time to capture. I figured that this would be the best time to introduce public transportation  to the people of Reim. With this being available to the people, it could also improve trade and create jobs, working in hand with the workforce program. I feel as if the Manta would be a great improvement to Reim. At the same time, by making sure that I also teach the chosen drivers how to handle the animals from the get go, I would be upholding my promise to the workforce by assisting in introducing animals to hard labor. “ Lagi would take a deep breath  before he continued. With the death of the two financial tycoons of each respective country, we should be more innovative on increasing our own ability in gaining wealth and being cash flow positive. I feel as if implementing animals that could do twice the work in a short amount of time could help  with this.  The El Nagi clan of course would be getting profit from animal care and maintenance, so  it wouldn’t be a total waste for us.  To start this of, does anyone have any objections to implementing public transportation to Reim mint he form of the Manta? We could use this to take advantage of the trade routes left behind, also having the availability of the public transportation for goods to go back and forth. Travelling by sky  is something new and shortens travel time by simply flying over obstacles.

Last edited by King Lagi on 11/01/15, 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total

4A Council Meeting Empty Re: A Council Meeting 11/01/15, 08:48 am

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The councilors listened to his words, humming as he spoke about the transport system. Wei Tengi raised her hand and stood, her voice soft and curious.

“You mention gaining wealth, but this seems like more of a private venture for your clan and not an overall investment for Reim. The citizens would be paying for the transport, the majority of those profits would be going to the el Nagi clan, not to the country. While I admire the idea of public transport, I worry about your personal investment in this venture. Would the el Nagi be hired by the country? Would they be required to pay taxes on what they earn? How many Manta do you have available? Would this be a service available to everyone? Where will these animals be kept, do we have room to board all of these creatures? Would they be kept in Remano? Would they pose a danger to the citizens?”

Roark glared at Wei, insulted at her questioning his clan’s ability to break animals and make them safe for human interaction, but he did not speak up. His son needed to be able to hold his own with the councilors and the woman had raised concerns that the citizens themselves would raise.

5A Council Meeting Empty Re: A Council Meeting 11/01/15, 09:53 am

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Lagi was expecting some complications from people who couldn’t understand his visions for the future involving animals, as well as those who didn’t specialize in dominance beast training. Still, he was more than glad to resolve those questions.” It’s an investment in Reim in the long run, the El Nagi clan is taking the time and exertion to discover and catch these beasts. The taming process is rather different, but broken creatures pose no threat to the citizens or humans in general unless they were prepared to behave thusly. They were not prepared to do so, the Manta was trained as carriers and to react fondly to human interaction. They will be no different from how you handle a buck; the lone divergence is the ability of flight and the awesome potency of being able to take all of the baggage. “ Lagi would then speak the profit problems. “We are selling these creatures to the Reim government. Other than that, we only profit off of animal care, the life expectancy for a Ravenous manta is around 60 years. Our job as dominance beast trainers is to make sure that the beasts stay healthy and that you make the most of your investment. The worth ethic and overall productivity matches supply and demand, it’s entirely based off of how many Manta’s you think that Reim needs while exploring such a thing as public transit. Flight shortens the time frame .“

Lagi would then get into the number of Manta that he and the clan had and the other details. “Taxes will not be subtracted from the initial selling of the Manta, but the El Nagi clan will pay taxes for the animal care if they are employed by the province. If we are employed by the body politic, the province will be rebound to a no contest clause that cannot have anyone that’s not affiliated with the El Nagi Clan to provide proper health care to these beasts. The working relations, we have with Azix and the workforce program will leave some of the intended workers to get through the right education of Zoology and Ecology, as well as hands on training supervised by the El Nagi clan before they are qualified to care for these creatures as well. It is entirely fair since the initial seizure of the pair Manta was sent to us by Azix as a talent. The number of Manta that we currently have is 7 adults, 5 preteens, a few children, and fewer eggs. The babies we have now and that will one once the eggs hatches will take some time to grow, raise, and develop. “

Now it was time to talk about the availability of the service and where they would be kept.” This is available to everyone, simply because it’s meant to ameliorate trade relations with other nations and relations in general. I didn’t start backward on my word of extending the hand of unity; this is one of the first steps to achieve this. The import of this creates jobs. Stables have to be ramped up; we need construction workers, drivers, and so on. The adults and preteens will be kept in Reim, outside the walls ideally so there would be enough space to build these stables if it is not possible to keep them in Reim. The Manta younger than that will be retained at our wildlife preserve so they could grow properly and groomed to be extremely domesticated creatures.”

Lagi felt like he covered everything, but he wanted to point something out. “ Miss Tengi, this is the peak of dominance beast training. Safety is of the utmost importance, all of the steps we take to raising and training those creatures is to assure that you are well protected when we immerse the into our society for the better. The El Nagi clan has done this for generations; please believe in our power to do so at present.

6A Council Meeting Empty Re: A Council Meeting 11/01/15, 11:08 am

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Wei would hum in thought as he spoke, glancing at the other councilors.

“While I appreciate what you are trying to do, King el Nagi, you only have 7 manta. In Remano, alone, there are 250,000 citizens. You do not have nearly enough to provide an adequate travel system. It is a good idea, in theory, but you would need at least 50 to provide reliable transit options, unless you do not truly intend for it to be available to anyone. We would not agree to a no-contest contract under these terms, as you simply do not have the supply to meet the demand. We also, under no circumstances, would agree to a no-tax arrangement on the sale of these creatures. Your clan would be subject to the same taxes as every other merchant and profiteer out there. I will not have the citizens claiming your clan gets special treatment, just because you are king. Your terms are unreasonable and unacceptable.”

She shook her head with a sigh, rubbing her brow. Roark would wait for her to sit before standing to speak.

“Ms. Tenji is correct, Lagi. Regardless of contribution, you expected the Marquis Niraj to invest a massive portion of his own private wealth into the Workforce Program, while requiring that the workers adhere to the same tax standards. Do you really want to open up more unrest by having citizens learning that you would not start a program for the greater good of the country as a whole unless the person with the idea put forth his own fortune, but for your own ideas, you expect the country to back it while giving your own clan tax exemptions? Thanks to the Marquis Niraj and his Workforce Program, we are pulling in more taxes than previously, it is already beginning to turn a profit. A portion of those taxes are being reinvested in the program so that it may expand, but at this point, you may need to consider repaying Azix for his initial investment into your country. His act was selfless, yours has equal focus on your country and on your clan. As a king, that is not acceptable. Or are you saying that Azix Niraj has more interest in seeing your country succeed than you do?

These are all things you need to consider, because this is what the citizens will be thinking. Your image as a King is just as important as your actions, Lagi. You need the support of the people or they will replace you. Do not do something foolish that may endanger your spot, or you will not be able to accomplish the improvements you seek. You are trying to do good, we see that, the people are beginning to see that. Do not ruin it by demanding more profit for your family than for your citizens.”

Wei thanked Roark with a nod before standing again.

“If you wish to test out the profitability of your transport system, your clan is welcome to apply for the appropriate licenses to do so until you can prove to us that there is something there worth investing in. We simply cannot invest a large amount into something so early on, when what you are offering is so small. We need numbers, enough to reasonably assist our traders and citizens.

Here is my proposition. You take five of these manta. We pay your clan for the beasts and the care of them. Your clan will pay taxes on the sale and wages. We will use these in a very specific manner, the transport of military personnel and weaponry to the outposts and port cities. When we have seen for ourselves, and the citizens have seen for themselves, how this can alleviate travel issues, we will consider a larger investment, assuming you can provide us a larger number of manta to expand into trade routes and public transport.”

7A Council Meeting Empty Re: A Council Meeting 11/01/15, 08:29 pm

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

There was a great deal of baby manta to account for, as well as the expectation of the hatching eggs. They should hold them ready in a little while as the residue of the oil Nagi clan continues to take in the remainder of the Manta. Like Lagi said, the worth ethic matched supply and demand, they would see more if this system turned out useful. All the same, he wasn’t expecting them to be unreasonable. “There was no point in overstocking on Manta if the council deemed the entire idea to be futile. This system would be running through a tribulation period at best, but we pinpointed the proving grounds and the positions of the Manta for further capture if necessary. Nevertheless, I will state that you both are correct. I should take the time to repay Azix for his efforts, and my proposition for the entire agreement at hand seemed a bit narrow-minded and selfish when it didn’t seem like I was considering the citizens enough. So for that, I’m sorry.”

Who was Roark kidding; they are constantly attempting to supplant him in one direction or another. If it's not the citizens, its someone else. When was the last time Lagi was actually commended for something, or heard good things about him from the citizens for a modification? “I live with the terms of your proposal. Besides, I was working on repaying Azix in other ways. The seizure of the ravenous Smashers proved useful for building. I coached them in sign language, as considerably as the proper usage of instruments. They possess a passion for hard work and each Smasher is equivalent to ten humans in strength and toughness. I was intending them to be wielded by the construction workers for the stables or any other construction projects, provided that we taught the workers how to manage them. The adults are free, but I was intending to keep the children for the time being. There are 6 adults in total, I’m sure the added assistance could decrease the time on projects. Like for instance the new stables for the manta and anything else going on in the city. It appears like a minor increase, but it’s a great helper and I’m not asking for anything

8A Council Meeting Empty Re: A Council Meeting 12/01/15, 02:54 pm

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Wei Tenji nodded at his agreement to the terms and the comments about the Ravenous Smashers. Clearing her throat, she made to switch the topic slightly.

“That is acceptable, King el Nagi. Now, onto updates about the education system. Two schools in the lower income areas have been opened and are operational. Children seem eager to learn and excited at the opportunity to improve themselves. Several of the local crafters have agreed to take promising students on as apprentices to begin teaching the more in-depth parts of specialties. The… incident, with the assassin known as Lilly, has been covered over, as to not panic the families of the children attending the school and Miss Negri has agreed to teach students about magic, if they show a talent for it.

Speaking of Miss Negri, that brings us to our next concern. You approved a councilor to sit on this board recently, without checking his credentials or background. This man turned out to be, in fact, the person organizing and helping to carry out assassinations in several parts of the city, including two of our own councilors. King el Nagi, may I ask… what possessed you to not look into a person’s background when you are putting the welfare of your country in their hands?”

She arched a brow, each of the councilors now staring at Lagi, all four of them keenly aware of what had happened with Ariella Negri and Elric Stein. The idea that the king had placed them harm’s way simply due to lack of research did not sit well with them. While not much information was available on Elric at their inquiry, they had found out relatively quickly that the man had left Magnostadt and then seemingly fell off the face of the world before appearing in Balbadd as an influencing factor to their diplomats. Regardless, he certainly did not appear to have the expertise necessary to be appointed to the Council.

9A Council Meeting Empty Re: A Council Meeting 12/01/15, 05:43 pm

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

That was with good intention, and I was intending to I find out the background of the character progressively. It started with Ariella and her petition to transmit her own investigation to find her mother,  I discussed it with her and saw that it would be beneficial if we got together and helped her. The Negri family was at the coronation, which was about the time of her mother’s disappearance. All of those deaths, the flame, the kidnappings, I couldn’t help but to feel responsible. Maybe security should have been a lot tighter initially; maybe I should have shut the whole affair down at the first signal of difficulty.  Saw this as an opportunity to better relations with Magnostadt, Kou and Magnostadt was already in a precarious relationship.” Maybe Lagi was a bit too impulsive on his part. “ With the addition of a native of Magnostadt into our council as a third party providing input, I guessed that would prove that we worried about our current dealings with  Magnostadt with this motion, as well as assisting Ariella  Negri. If I am starting to do something, I always mean to practice it wholeheartedly. “

This was indeed a problem; Lagi was a bit flustered on the inner. This man killed his council members and Lagi wasn’t even able to find out why. How could he have been so naive? The information didn’t reach me in time; I was impulsive and rushed into it. I shouldn’t have threatened my country that way by putting on such a political spectacle.

10A Council Meeting Empty Re: A Council Meeting 12/01/15, 07:01 pm

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Wei Tenji looked to the other councilors, arching a brow as they each gave a subtle nod, though Chuge Don looked a bit ruffled.

"An apology would have been nice, but your explanation is... acceptable. As far as Magnostadt relations go, that should have been something you ran by the Councilor first. Magnostadt is rather hostile to both Kou and Reim, so the matter must be handled delicately. However, it is something that should be addressed relatively soon. Now, King el Nagi, was there anything else you wished to discuss?"

11A Council Meeting Empty Re: A Council Meeting 12/01/15, 10:07 pm

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

There is one more thing; a man came to visit me not too long ago. His name is Altair Loros, he’s a part of a clan that claims to be oppressed by Kou forces and asked me for help, he endures as the head of that clan. I would wish to point out that the man somehow made out to gather a serious measure of my citizens dressed up in slave garments. Over 2000 people in traditional Kou slave clothes and having them play dead in front of the castle. Now this piqued my interest as to how he was to move so many of my people and I decided to meet with him. I desired to discern if his natural processes was made as a threat towards me of some sort, or just a message. Now, here is what he told me and how I answered. “

Lagi would then get a deep breath, this was the difficult part. “He’s a king candidate, that carries some merit to consider him in earnest. Those people outside my castle was nothing but a small number who dislike the current Kou influx, and fear that they will be just like their slaves in the end. Even though I dislike slavery and wouldn’t allow that to take place. Anyhow, this is what he articulated to me. Kou is invading the plains, and, one by one, eliminating the tribes that dwell there. Altair Loros wishes to stop them by creating an alliance among the tribes, forming a single governing body over them. In parliamentary law to do this, however, he will require backup from a potent ally, to prevent an invasion during the conversion. Now presently, I am not permitted to interact with any form of government, hence the contract. Nevertheless, the current stages he’s going to through does not discern that he is a separate government. They are still a tribe of nomads asking for assistance. Nevertheless, he claimed to have great dealings with the Imuchakk, his level of pull of their relations remains uncertain. I don’t have doubts that the foreman of the Imuchakk will violate her contract agreement after the fact that we as the “Allied Nations” sent aid to her people. Still, I have no idea how to decipher Altair’s relationship with them.“

Lagi would then continue after pointing out he hasn’t broken his contract. “This is the rules of the partnership, it’s fairly elementary. Should Reim ever hear of any plans by Kou for the plains, that I relay that info to him. And he will do the same for me. Should the place call for it, I would appreciate whatever help we could send, and again, he will perform the same. And as foretold, he will open trade relations between our two nations once he has united his. “

After explaining all of this to them, Lagi made his input.” I accepted, but let me tell you why. It’s the same reason why I wanted to launch the manta, the agreement to assist Ariella, are we serious about this? I know it takes time, but I believed we were maneuvering into a new focal point, we are senseless killing these people that could help benefit us. They not have much to offer now, merely they are farmers. Direct trade with the el nagi clan could allow them to purchase Pentax and boufer cows. The pentax specialize in producing seeds of whatever crop they eat. The buffer cow manure can fertilize areas that still seem highly unlikely to pass along. This is not about the El Nagi’s profit; we can’t forget that these people are also farmers. By using these beasts to their own crops and whatnot, they would actually have resources to trade, a bountiful harvest for generations and they would induce us to thank for it. At one time they set up their regime, they would be a component of the Allied Nations. Isn't that what we all want? Or does the dream stop here at Reim?”

12A Council Meeting Empty Re: A Council Meeting 12/01/15, 11:07 pm

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As Lagi spoke, Chuge Don became more and more flustered. By the time the king had finished, his face was bright red. He rose, trying to keep his voice calm, but his anger could be heard.

“Inform them of invading Kou troops? Do you forget, King el Nagi, that you are only on the throne of this country because of Kou? That you owe your very crown to my country? We do not ‘invade’ the Tribal people, we offer to them the same thing we offered to you. We offer to allow them to join our great Empire, to improve their trade and to offer assistance if they are being invaded. To insinuate that the Kou Empire is recklessly invading poor tribes for sport is ridiculous and traitorous. Your alliance with this man, attempting to form a self-governing nation, KNOWING he is intending to unite while along Kou’s border is nothing short of treason! You would help him gather forces to steal land from Kou that was given in peace agreements made with smaller tribes? You would encourage him to try and stop us from forming alliances with the tribes, on his CLAIMS that the Kou Empire is ‘invading’ when we are doing nothing of the sort. You will be lucky if you keep the throne after this type of treachery.”

Wei Tenji lightly touched Chuge Don’s arm, trying to calm him, though his words were true. King el Nagi had stepped over the line with his speech and neither of them could afford to not report this to their superiors. While they were aware King Lagi was attempting to free Reim from the grasp of the Kou Empire, he was generally a bit quieter about it. Such blatant claims to support a man that intended to ally the Plains Tribes, a man with a metal vessel, no less… this could not be ignored. She stood, her voice quiet, but firm.

“This meeting is over. The council has much to discuss. I suggest you rethink your agreement with this Loros man, King el Nagi.”

The councilors would file out of the room, only Roark and Cassandra sparing Lagi a second glance. Cassandra looked frustrated. While she understood what Lagi was trying to do, to announce this type of treason in front of the entire council was not the brightest move. You did not announce a rebellion until you had the forces necessary to back that up. Roark looked almost sad, not even disappointed, just worried and sad that the meeting had transpired like this.

13A Council Meeting Empty Re: A Council Meeting 13/01/15, 04:59 am

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

“You completely missed the point.  The question was, “What are you really trying to do here Lagi?” But alright, if that’s the assumption you came up with.   He used a form of clairvoyance magic called soul gaze, the things I sa-“” Lagi  cut himself off and  shook his head in disbelief, he never said that he was going to attend to violence. All he wanted to do was solve the matter peacefully and  show the reasoning behind his action. Oh well, it’s not like it didn’t matter anyway. All that Lagi could do was continue as he is and brace for impact. He needed to grow his own strength,  and he was currently surrounded by an angry council and rebellions all around.  He looked around to his two fellow Reim Council members, Cassandra looked frustrated and his father looked sad. As a matter of fact, his father looking sad was one of the most depressing thing he ever seen in his life. Such a man of his caliber gets sad? He must of really fucked up. “….” Lagi said no more as left the room. He made his bed, and he was prepared to sleep in it. “Let them come then!

[EXIT]

14A Council Meeting Empty Re: A Council Meeting 13/01/15, 09:48 pm

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

—After Lagi Leaves—

Roark followed Cassandra into the Reim council room, quietly speaking to her.

“I need you to distract Wei Tenji. Ask to speak to her about… anything, I don’t know. But we cannot allow this to stand. Lagi has made many mistakes, this being one of them, but it will be all they need to officially take over, instead of this farce of an alliance we currently have.”

Cassandra agreed, not wanting to see any more of Kou than she already had in her streets. Lagi’s careless words were the final spark that would incite a flood of troops to take over Reim. If they could prevent that, they had to try.

“Very well, Roark. I hope your plan is a good one.”

Roark sighed and shrugged.

“The only thing I can think of to do right now is to intercept them before they can get a message to their Emperor. I would rather not tangle Ms. Tenji up in this more than necessary, she is a valuable asset to Reim right now and seems very reasonable. But Chuge Don must be stopped, he is in charge of the troops. Without a head, it will take them time to reorganize.”

Cassandra nodded in understanding, not liking the implications of what Roark was saying but understanding the necessity of them. She and Roark immediately headed for the Kou council room and entered, Cassandra looking at Wei with a friendly smile.

“Ms. Tenji, I was hoping you and I could discuss your proposal for the Manta in more detail. As I have been handling the trade routes since we lost the other councilors, I was hoping you and I could go over the best means necessary to organize everything…”

Wei looked from Cassandra to Chuge and back, Chuge pacing in frustration. He needed some time to rethink what he had said in the meeting, so she nodded to Cassandra, following her from the room and over to the Reim council room. Chuge continued to pace, turning an angry eye to Roark.

“Your son will lose his throne for what he has said. We cannot allow such blatant treason to go unpunished. Did you teach him nothing, Roark? Or is his stupidity something that came along after you had disowned him?”

Roark held his temper, but just barely. Chuge stopped in front of the window, glaring out it in hopes that the landscape would soothe his upset. A messenger had already been dispatched to get word to one of their mages capable of sending news over the vast distance quickly. He did not wish to be in this blasted office, trapped with another el Nagi, he wanted to be in his private quarters, arranging orders to dispatch troops. There was not a doubt in his mind the Emperor would personally come to oversee the removal of Lagi from the throne, his leader was known for being paranoid and thorough.

While the Emperor had been planning to personally check in on their newest acquisition, his trip had been delayed several times due to troubles along the border with the Plains. Now, a visit was unavoidable and what little independence Reim held against the Kou Empire would be destroyed. Chuge’s place was in a war room, not in an office.

“My son may have chosen his timing poorly, but he is no idiot. He had only the good of his country in mind. I am sorry, Chuge, but I have no other choice.”

Chuge turned at Roark’s tone in time to see the man pull a dagger from his waist. He responded by drawing his sword clear of the sheath resting beside his desk, eyes alit with anger and determination. The two men circled around to the open portion of the room, neither eager to fight over the desks, only a moment of pause before they launched towards each other.

When Roark entered the room with Cassandra and Wei, he was wiping blood from his face, a deep slice crossing his forearm where he had blocked one of Chuge’s strikes. Had Chuge Don not assumed that, as a dominance user, Roark would be less than capable of taking care of himself without his beast present, Roark very well might have lost their battle. But his strength had prevailed.

“It is done. I am sorry, Miss Tenji, but for the time being, you will be our hostage.”

Wei raised a hand to cover her lips in shock, realization setting in as she began to understand what had transpired. She collapsed into a chair, Cassandra looking at the woman in concern. Silence reigned in the room as each person contemplated what would happen from here. Once word got out about Roark’s actions, a rebellion would begin as Reim fought to free themselves from Kou.

Outside of Remano, ten mysterious figures would approach the edge of a jungle, each of them carrying a staff and a large bag of supplies. They had been traveling for a week, trying to find the perfect location and had stumbled upon this jungle, seemingly guided by Fate itself. It was time to set up the magic transfer circles.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum