A Sculptor's Vacation [Open/Social]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Mimi Ulvar

Mimi Ulvar
D-Tier
D-Tier

A Sculptor's Vacation

At last, the boat stopped. Several dozen people stepped off to the dock of Reim. Mimi Ulvar, a shirtless, shoeless sculptor was one of them. He was on a vacation from Imuchakk, mainly due to the fact he wanted more reputataion, and also that he hadn't made many friends over in Imuchakk, and wanted to know some people. It was time to set up a vendor's stall, and he carried a large chest to a perfect location. The spot was near a large fountain, with many people walking to and fro. It was perfect for sales. He set up the 'U' shaped vendor's stall first, with a tarp as a ceiling of sorts. He placed all the wares he had made to sell, and he sat down with his legs crossed in the middle of the 'U'. He quickly got bored by all the staring and passing people, and began to unbraid his hair.

The day was quite beautiful. Clouds in the sky and the sun beating down on the denizens of Reim. A perfect mid-day. Mimi had a jug of water to his right, a small rug beneath him, and a bag of dry food to his left. It seemed like a pretty busy day, and it was only a matter of time before some people would show up. Mimi was an up-and-coming sculptor, but people back on Imuchakk seem to enjoy his craftsmanship. The reaction of the people of Reim is... well, not known yet.

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

”Look at all of the vendors out today! There must be hundreds!” A young red headed boy of about 9 years darted in between the stalls at the bazaar excitedly, clearly hyped to see what kinds of interesting wares were being sold. A small bird sat perched upon his shoulder, her plump orange head bobbing up and down as she chittered with equal excitement. Following several meters behind the boy and the bird was a young woman. The Fanalis woman had a more imposing appearance than her younger brother, the large black snake twined around her body and the stony look on her face being partially to blame. Despite appearing stern and irritated, the woman was actually quite relaxed today.

”It’s the same number as always, Vin.” The words slip from her lips in a slightly amused tone, but she doubts that the boy can hear her over his own excitement. Chuckling softly to herself, she trails behind him at her own leisurely pace. Nearly running past Mimi’s stall, the boy stops and takes a few steps back as some of the carvings catch his eye. He’d seen different type of animals  before, but after living in the mountains of Reim his entire life, the creatures of Imuchakk were a new sight to him even as statues. ”Wow, this is cool!” The child picks up an intricate looking fish, charmed by its exotic look. ”Did you make all of this stuff yourself, mister?” He takes notice of Mimi for the first time, staring up at him with an inquisitive gaze.

”Vin! Put that down. How many times do I have to tell you not to touch things in the market unless we’re buying them!” Finally catching up, Ayero scolds the child before turning to the man sitting a few feet away. ”My apologies, sir. He’s just a child.”

Mimi Ulvar

Mimi Ulvar
D-Tier
D-Tier

The unbraiding of Mimi's hair was cut short as a boy ran past his vendor's stall, but walked back to look at what the stall had for sale. He picked up a single sculpture, one of a type of fish from Imuchakk. The boy asked if he had made these all himself, and Mimi nodded his head. However this gesture probably went unnoticed as a tall woman spoke up to the boy.

”Vin! Put that down. How many times do I have to tell you not to touch things in the market unless we’re buying them!” She continued, but instead talked to Mimi. ”My apologies, sir. He’s just a child.”

Did she expect Mimi to be mad at the boy? No! Mimi was enjoyed that people had actually shown up at his stall. He thought people would take him as a beggar and stare at him from afar! Mimi decided not to keep his silence, and happily exclaimed to the two. "Oh, nonsense! If he drops the sculpture I'll just make a new one! Accidents happen! So, i'm guessing you are here to buy some stuff? Welp, I tell you what..."

Mimi got up on his feet, and placed the braids and beads that were taken out of his hair and placed them near his bare feet. He looked down to the little boy, apparently named "Vin", and Mimi began to crack his fingers, one by one. "How about you and your very tall lady friend here take that one sculpture for free, eh? First customer is always the luckiest!" He then looked up at Ayero. "I'm Mimi Ulvar, fresh out of Imuchakk. I sculpt for a living, and i'm really only here to get my name out there, so you can take that sculpture for free."Finally, he extended his hand, gesturing for a handshake. Friends are always good, right?

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Ayero’s expression softened slightly to see that the man was not upset with Vin’s grabby hands. Vin too seemed pleased and turned around to stick his tongue out at his sister in a teasing gesture. This only caused the woman’s face to harden once more, but the small spat between siblings became somewhat diffused when Mimi addressed Vin. ”Really? Thanks, mister! You’re really cool, unlike SOME people!” The boy beams up at the man and brings the statue to his chest, holding it up for the bird at his shoulder to see. ”Look Tomato, it’s a fish! You know what a fish is, right?”

The gift causes Ayero to arch a brow, but she straightens and takes Mimi’s hand a firm grip, mindful not to put too much pressure on the limb. ”Ayero Shiba. And the excitable kid over there is my younger brother, Vincenzo.” The snake coiled around her body lifts his head from her shoulder and extends himself towards Mimi, flicking out his tongue to tickle the man’s cheek with non-aggressive movement.s ”And this is Kabu.” She introduces, placing a hand on the snake’s black body, signaling for him to withdraw. ”You’re…from Imuchakk?” She raises both brows this time, looking him up and down with a slight frown. All of the Imuchakk she had met thus far were taller and brawnier than her and usually had trademark blue hair. She shakes the thought from her head momentarily and digs into the pocket of her cloak. ”No, I insist. Everyone should be paid for their craft.” She fishes out a few gold coins and holds it out to him.

(As Mimi hasn't posted in either of our socials in a week, I'm going to be exiting this one to free up a spot for my coli match. If Mimi still wants to continue this, let me know.)

After chatting with the human sculptor from Imuchakk for a bit, Vin tugs at Ayero's arm and asks when they're going to get lunch. Smiling, the young woman pats him on the head and says her farewell to Mimi, thanking him for the free sculpture and promising Vin that they would visit again soon.

[Exit]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum