You are not connected. Please login or register

And A Bottle of Rum [Open| Social]

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Umbra

Umbra
D-Tier
D-Tier

It had indeed been some time since the male spent some time roaming about in the streets of his home country. The warm sun just began to rise against the horizon as it touched across his face. He could feel the air beginning to stir around as men and women alike began to wake up; beginning their morning routines before having to turn away to work. While he had spent most of his time inside of his winery signing away orders and trades to keep things afloat, he figured that he would have to take some time away for himself.

Standing at the edge of the building, Umbra took a deep breath before taking a step forward. He felt the sudden rush of the wind around him; the sensation of plumetting caused his skin to cover with goosebumps. Suddenly, he shot his eyes open and grabbed onto the window pane. Jumping from the window pane onto a brick that stuck from the side of the building across from him, he dropped down another floor and carefully slid down the wall. A small grunt escaped his lips as he landed on his feet and in the middle of a road. Turning his head to ensure no one saw him, Umbra pulled the cloak from the top of his head and walked through the streets. He passed soft smiles and gentle waves to passerbys who recognised him before finally settling around a marketplace. The streets weren't overly crowded, but he could tell from the new merchandise it would indeed get hectic soon. He folded one hand over his chest and placed the other under his chin as he looked around, examining anything that could possibly catch his eye.

Last edited by Umbra on 01/04/15, 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Bahir

Bahir
β-Tier
β-Tier

It was another simple day. At least, it was a simple day for the majority of people in Reim. Bahir, however, decided to have this be one of his different days. Instead of the dark clothing that he usually wore, he was wearing his white pants and vest today. Even the purple headband that usually adorned his forehead was replaced with a light tan replica. The streets were unusually calm at this time. However, he hadn't been known to be out in the town this early either. Around this time, the young fanalis would be training on the outskirts of Remano, trying to make sure he hadn't gotten too dusty. However, after his last job, he figured it would be nice to buy some things.

Bahir stopped at one of the merchants' cart and start looking through the goods. Not too far away, the young fanalis noticed a man just standing next to a cart with his arms folded. Wha... what is he doing? Bahir thought to himself. He turned back to the cart as the vendor came up and tried to sell Bahir on a few goods. The young spy smiled and joked with the man, all while keeping an eye on the mysterious person from the corner of his eye. Walking away from the cart, Bahir had bought a fresh roll from the man. Can't believe I gave in. He scolded as he started walking. To his surprise, the man was still standing there. Stopping a few feet from the man, Bahir spoke up, "Hey there. Are you alright?"

Umbra

Umbra
D-Tier
D-Tier

Umbra stared over the different items that the merchant had on display. Most of the items were similar to what he already had at home, but he never mind having a bit extra to give away. Perhaps he would even give it to that boy from the orphanage that he had made a small connection with some time ago. He glanced away at another stand for a moment before the merchant cleared his throat to grab at his attention.
"Excuse me sir, but I see you here often,"The merchant spoke through barely a whisper,"You are always watching but never buying. Why is that?"

Umbra turned back to the merchant and gave him a small chuckle before shrugging at his shoulders.
He responded,"Well my friend, I always enjoy being in the markets. Watching how everyone tries to make a trade is most certainly different every day and it leads to a different experience,"Umbra turned his body to give the man his full attention,"As you see, I am not as experienced as others in such a thing. I simply sign papers to give my wine away but haven't been out much to actually sell it. I'm hoping that by being here throughout the day and afternoon I can learn a bit." The merchant gave Umbra a big smile and nodded his head excitedly.
"Well I do indeed understand that sir,"He added with the nods of his head,"I hope you do learn plenty while you are here with us today." Umbra nodded and offered his hand to the male.
"The same as well,"He smiled.

As he shook hands with the merchant, he heard the voice of someone calling out to him. Turning attention, he glanced upward towards the man who appeared to had been watching him for some time. Recalling that the man asked him if he was alright, he nodded his head as he released the other one's grip.
"I'm quite alright sir,"He smiled towards the taller male,"Why do you ask?"

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Merrze was out on the town buying some food for dinner but so far nothing had caught her eye; She liked the bustling of the people and had friendly conversation with the merchants that she knew quite well. She liked coming to the markets because she had many friends who sold stuff here and she had met most of them by buying something from them. They were all good people and most of the people there knew Merrze on way or another which always made shopping fn since she came here everyday, sometimes for herself or she would give food to pass out to the orphans or to people that looked they were in need of food.

While walking around the fanalis heard two people discuss something, one of the men was Bahir a man she had fought with before, and the other was someone that she had never met before but she was interested in what sort of conversation they where going to have, maybe she would hop in and make a new friend. It might seem odd since she had nothing to contribute at this moment so the warrior would keep her eyes open to see what was going to happen to next, maybe something shady was going on and she just didn't notice it.

Bahir

Bahir
β-Tier
β-Tier

Bahir shook his head and smiled at the man. He seemed to have been having a conversation with the owner of the shop he was standing close to. Perhaps Bahir jumped the gun a bit? The man didn't seem like the statue that Bahir believed he was at first. He actually seemed rather friendly. Something he wasn't too used to here in Reim. Everyone seemed a little suspicious of his presence. This man however... Bahir didn't get that vibe from him. "Oh no reason! I just saw you still at this same spot from when I walked by earlier. I was worried that something was either troubling your or keeping you here. I'm called Bahir, its nice to meet you!" The fanalis stretched out his free arm to shake the new man's hand.
((OOC: Sorry its such a crappy post. It'll get better as we go along, I promise.))

Umbra

Umbra
D-Tier
D-Tier

[It's all fine Bahir. I'm sorry for taking my time with responding because of school and the like!]

Umbra glanced down towards the taller gentleman's arm and returned it with his own; shaking the man's had with a sure enough grip to show off his friendship. His eyes shined off an air of easiness to go along with his handshake as he looked over the man's overall appearance. He didn't seem to be the kind that would want something from him.

Clearing himself away of his initial thoughts, Umbra placed a smile on his face.
"It's a pleasure to meet you Bahir,"He started,"My name is Umbra; Umbra Walker. I do apologise if I seemed a bit out of place or troubled." He released his hand and then extended his arms outward to the different stands that circled around in the marketplace.
Umbra continued,"I am here to be with my fellow patrons. You see, I run a winery in another part of the country and I figured that I should come in and learn the trade at hand. I do know some small things but I don't know enough to try and sell wine out in the streets. So, often times I will come down and try to learn what I can; bargaining; trading and the like."

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Merrze heard him talking about how he came here to trade and stuff so she thought she would go over there and give some friendly advice to the man. The young lady didn't have much experience with trading and things along those lines but she did know the people that worked here and she knew most of them were friendly. He could probably get some advice from some of the traders and merchants that Merrze knew. She walked over to them and hoped that she would be able to hope even though she personally wouldn't be doing much besides using connections.

"Sorry I couldn't but help over hear you talking and I thought I should tell you most of the merchants here are pretty nice and might help you a little on how to get started. I myself don't trade but I know a lot of the merchants who work here pretty well so if you tell them that Merrze sent you there way they might be a little more helpful. Sorry if it isn't my place, I just wanted to be helpful because everyone has to make a living and all."

Ku

Ku
C-Tier
C-Tier

Ku was walking in town. My friends i usually played with outside had to go home they said. Ku was left alone but i do not really mind. The weather was good and that is why i decided to buy a ice cream. I didnt have much to spare . I bought a small one. It was pink. Ku licked on it. It tasted like strawberries. Ku liked the strawberry ice cream. She walks further with a big smile on her face.

I remember mommy Merrze was in town too. There was a chance of meeting up with her. It still is not easy because the city is huge. This did seem lie a little challange for her. I get excited and start to look around for her. Ku runs through th streets and on her way she greets and talks a little with the merchants. Ku did know them a little bit. I did go here often with Merrze ad because of my little adventurres people started to know me. The merchant who sells fruit and vegatables was someien i can get along with really well. After our short conversation he gave me a apple. I took my money out of my pocket but he siad it was free. His reasonw as tha ti had to grow andbecome a big strong girl like my mother. That is why i had to eat well and for how i helped the city. I took the apple and contineausd my search for Merrze.

The i fianlly see her. Ku runs to Merre and hugs her from behind. Heey mommy . How are you ? I am glad i found you . I really missed you. Ku looks up and smiles happy at Merrze. Then i take a bite in my apple andlook at the two orther man close to Merre. I do not know them and stay behind Merrze because i feel a little shy.

Bahir

Bahir
β-Tier
β-Tier

"You don't say!" Bahir grinned a bit at the man's introduction. So he was a wine seller, eh? The thought, made Bahir remember the land that he called home. Balbadd was full of merchants who did nothing but sell. He would argue that it was the place with the most formidable sales in the world. It was how the country made a name for itself, afterall. Before he could speak again there was an interruptive voice. A young red-haired girl. Bahir blinked and raised his eyebrow out of curiosity at the woman. I wonder if she knows him... His question was soon answered as she apologized for interrupting them.

Bahir was about to speak when another girl, this one much younger, ran up to the redheaded woman and clutched onto her. She referred to the woman as 'mommy,' something that Bahir definitely couldn't believe. The woman didn't look to be much older than he was. Hopefully she didn't give birth to the child... He thought as he assessed the difference in the two women's hair.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum