Magic Idea

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Magic Idea Empty Magic Idea 28/11/14, 05:52 pm

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Alright, so I've been thinking of a way to create "Transmutation Magic" which is a magic that alters the molecular and even the atomic structure of anything in order to "create", so to speak, a completely different thing. This is based on Yunan's magic where he created bread and even a house using just the air. Obviously, I've got other things in mind XD

So then, Transmutation Magic spells would either require 4 magic types in one spell or (here's where it gets iffy) 3 magics types split across 1 "base spell" and any number of other spells.

First way would use Water and Light in order to mega-magnify the atoms and molecules of the object being transmuted so that the caster can see what needs to be rearranged. The next step would be to, in the same spell, use Lightning to weaken the bonds between the atoms and molecules. Using Strength magic, the caster then rearranged the object's atoms and molecules in order to form another object. Lightning magic is used again in order to strengthen the new object's bonds in order to keep it together and make the transmutation successful.

That was for 1 spell, this next next idea is a little bit more complex so I'll list it instead;

1. First the Base Spell is to be created which is a composite of Light, Strength, and Lightning. The Base spell will allow the caster to see the atoms and molecules.

2. Light is gathered and super-condensed and flatted into a lens shape using strength magic.

3. Lightning then super-charges the lens which magnifies the intensity of the light within the lens, essentially creating an Electron Microscope (I don't actually know if that's how one works, so give me a break XD).

4. Now that the Base Spell has been created, the caster can use a composite of Strength and Lightning to rearrange the now visible atoms and molecules.

5. Lightning is used to weaken the bonds of the atoms and molecules.

6. Strength is used to rearrange.

7. Lightning to re-strengthen the new object's bonds.

8. The fake Transmutation Magic process is now complete.

So, I've already been told that the first way is legit, but I'd like to know if the second way is, too?

2Magic Idea Empty Re: Magic Idea 28/11/14, 06:46 pm

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

honestly, you could create glass using strength and heat, which would give magnification, but I'm still not sure exactly how all this would work. Simply with the number of combinations necessary, I almost believe it should be limited to Magi.

3Magic Idea Empty Re: Magic Idea 28/11/14, 06:53 pm

Liber Aurelius

Liber Aurelius
β-Tier
β-Tier

Mind if I ask why you are even bothering to figure this out? No one could perform such magic unless they were omega tier and even then, it would be rather difficult to use in combat making it mainly a social magic.

Anyways, I don't think it's correct to approach this magic as the magician viewing things on the atomic scale and then consciously manipulating them however they want. Magic in Magi is the rukh doing things for the magician. Therefore I'd say you should skip the electron microscope nonsense. The magician casting they spell just needs to command the rukh towards their desired end result. There is no need for them to be intricately aware of every atomic adjustment taking place.

4Magic Idea Empty Re: Magic Idea 28/11/14, 07:06 pm

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

So the idea of transmutation in general is out of the question? =_=

5Magic Idea Empty Re: Magic Idea 28/11/14, 07:27 pm

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

not impossible, just requiring a lot of magic types and overly complex. What exactly were you hoping to do with it? It is possible there are other ways to obtain the same result.

6Magic Idea Empty Re: Magic Idea 28/11/14, 08:02 pm

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

I wanted it for both social reasons and combat.

Social; could make me a renowned magician for having come up with something like that (probably not, but it could be worth a try XD)

Combat; I would no longer be limited to 3 Magic types. I could rearrange air into any of the other magic types or create even go so far as to skip a step and rearrange the air into a combination of any of the magics much like how a Djinn's theme works. But yeah, that would be unapprovable, however, it would have been fun to try something like this out~

However, could I just use Strength and Lightning to disassemble things? Just half of what I had in mind without the hassle of complex combinations. Like, just commanding the rukh to break bonds in a given area infused with the caster's magoi?

7Magic Idea Empty Re: Magic Idea 28/11/14, 08:06 pm

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

so break apart spells?

also, using more than 3-4 magic types require being a magi, no getting around it by "transmuting"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum