You are not connected. Please login or register

A Long Time in the Library [Int Spec Training]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Altair Loros

Altair Loros
A-Tier
A-Tier

Altair yawned as he trudged yet again to the library in the early morning.  He had been doing this for weeks straight, trying to figure out more about life magic and how to make his own stronger.  He was studying everything biological.  From plants and their structure to the human body and everything having to do with it.  Without a proper instructor, Altair found it very difficult to make much progress at all.  Sure his knowledge base had increased, but for some reason that wasn't translating into magical power.  

Altair reached the door of the large library, and opened it.  And to his surprise, he found it packed.  Hundreds of people were stuffed into the library, and most if not all of them, were wizards.  Altair instantly brightened up.  It must be those Wizards from Magnostadt! They were touring the country looking for talented students! This could be his chance!  He could learn so much about magic here and maybe even find someone who would be willing to be his teacher or mentor.  Altair perused the various stands and booths in the library, fascinated by the creations and magic tools that he found there.  There was a red mage with a tool that made it colder by turning the heat in the air condense into a flame.  He found a green mage who created a spell to talk to horses, and another who commanded squirrels with a pan flute.  It really was a spectacle to see all these wizards here trading information and stories.  Now, all Altair had to do was find someone willing to teach him.

At first, Altair only talked to powerful life mages.  But this got him little to nowhere.  Most of them had "more important duties" than to tutor the inexperienced youth.  He expanded his search to life mages who looked to have at least some experience, but most of these were simply dabblers and knew only as much as Altair.  And so Altair started to look for ANYONE who would take him as a pupil.  But still, he came up empty.  There just wasn't anyone here who was willing to teach him.

A little depressed, Altair sat down at a table and resumed his studies alone.  About an hour after he started, the wizards began to leave.  And only an hour after that, they were gone.  Altair quietly studied, listening to the Ruhk for guidance when he could.  "You are very concerned about your studies.  Even among the crowd you sat down to work.  I'm impressed.  Do you have a teacher?"  Altair looked up to see an older man with salt and pepper beard.  He wore a large brimmed hat, and carried an oaken staff that crackled with lightning at the end on occasion.  "A yellow mage?"  Altair thought.  "Why do you take interest in me?  When i was asking around earlier there didn't seem to be anyone interested."  The man simply smiled.  "Well, i love to see people practice their craft rather than show it off.  Now, do you want a teacher or what?  I'm strict, but i know my stuff.  You are a purple mage yes?  That is my other craft.  I could teach you plenty.  My name is Cecil.  Come along now, i have much to teach."  Altair smiled.  From then on, he studied under Cecil.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum