Flight On Others

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Flight On Others Empty Flight On Others 02/03/14, 12:01 am

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Currently all of the flight magic can only be used on ones self. I suggest that from B tier and up you can start using it on yourself an others as well. The other player obviously can't go flying off on their own and would basically be in "orbit" around the casters gravity(if that makes sense. If not, please let me know so I can explain better).

One downside of flying with others could be reduced total speed.

2Flight On Others Empty Re: Flight On Others 02/03/14, 12:30 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

I can see that being misused. Another person can trick a character into flying and simply deactivate the spell mid-flight, more or less making them fall to their doom.

3Flight On Others Empty Re: Flight On Others 02/03/14, 01:08 am

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

I see what you mean, but doesn't that same threat apply any time someone who owns a magic carpet offers someone else a ride? Tricking someone and abuse aren't really the same thing, but you're right that one shouldn't be able to just send people flying willy nilly so they can fall to their deaths. Make a note in the flight magic thread that abusing the spells that way will get you a warning/banning(if warnings are max) and staff will not recognize the resulting character death. That should keep people from cheating with it :3

4Flight On Others Empty Re: Flight On Others 02/03/14, 01:16 am

Caranore

Caranore
C-Tier
C-Tier

Just make it have to have permission from the other character with the condition it would only be for social/non killing topics.

5Flight On Others Empty Re: Flight On Others 02/03/14, 01:46 am

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Caranore wrote:Just make it have to have permission from the other character with the condition it would only be for social/non killing topics.

Being only for social non-killing topics isn't okay. The MAIN reason I thought of this in the first place was because of how useful it would be in a dungeon. If you have to physically carry someone then your hands are full and being weighed down is no fun. But we've seen in canon that a magician can pass their flight on to those close to them(within a few meters). In that case, a magician could fly himself and his allies over any endless/spike filled pits they might encounter and everyone remains capable of still fighting mid-air should there be aerial attackers.

6Flight On Others Empty Re: Flight On Others 24/11/14, 09:48 am

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

I would like to revisit this topic. If you can heal someone else or your allies can suffer friendly fire, I don't see a reason you would not be able to use it in combat. I would want to put a restriction on "fall damage" to either eliminate it or limit it to D-tier, just to ensure that it is being primarily used for allies and not to just lift someone into the air and drop them.

ideas?

7Flight On Others Empty Re: Flight On Others 24/11/14, 10:25 am

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

I'm fine with that. Make it so that the flight magic infuses those brought up in the air with its magic, and that the caster can only willing retract a certain amount after cast.

That way, there is enough so that the person floats harmlessly to the ground, but not falling with enough force to become wounded.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum