You are not connected. Please login or register

Looking for Employment

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Looking for Employment Empty Looking for Employment 27/08/14, 08:59 pm

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

A week after the incident that had occurred with the female instructor Akiho, Garret had finished up his plans for having all of the current administrative tasks taken care of, and made sure to appoint the appropriate individuals to the various parts of operations that needed to be taken care of. He had some long term plans that needed to be handled, most foremost among them being the obtaining of a job on a boat. He needed first hand experience with sailing in order to effectively choose what kind of investment he would make when he finally decided on what kind of business venture he would have.

Just as before, Garret left the Villa behind with Acius in charge, and various other staff members taking care of different administrative tasks so that the Lt. wouldn't be overworked. He rode out on horse, Kuroi Shimo and the Prismatic Dagger with him. Kuroi Shimo was located within his right sleeve, as he had recently come to the habit of using the wand in his left hand while fighting with his remaining dominant hand for his martial arts. The Prismatic Dagger was strapped to the left of his hip as he moved forward. When he arrived at the stables of the port city, Garret spoke with the stable hand again. After a short talk, the spymaster determined that it would be financially better to leave the horse here and pay for an extended care for the horse than it would be to sell the beast and buy a new one later down the line. Leaving the Huang to the stablehand, he started walking the docks to look for a captain of a ship who was willing to add another deckhand to their crew.

He came across the dock master that he had worked under not too long ago, and hailed the man down. The man was pleasantly surprised to see Garret back. "Come back for more work? We could use another hand like yours today, we're busy!" The man had a boisterous laugh.

Garret shook his head. "No, I'm actually looking to join a crew and was wondering if you knew anyone who was looking for anyone?"

The dock master looked at Garret, and smiled sadly while shaking his head. "Sorry, son, the captains here only take on experienced hands. But my job offer still stands, if you're looking for work..?"

Garret shook his head. "Sorry, I wanted to try to join a crew. I appreciate the tip, though!" Garret waved to the middle aged man before leaving and heading towards the nearest tavern. He wasn't sure if the man was telling the truth about the current captains in port, and wanted to gather more information if possible. It could have been the case where the man simply needed help so much on the docks that he wasn't willing to allow a prospective employee go to a different place.

Garret hopped from bar to bar, but was unable to gather any information. He stepped into another bar. Just like the others, the place was boisterous with merrymaking from the rough looking workers who sailed the oceans. The smoke in the room was thick, as a lot of individuals were smoking. Just as he had entered the bar, he overheard a loud man shouting out. "A round fer e'ryone, on me!" Everyone let out a cheer and lifted their mugs up into the air to salute the man. The barmaid seemed concerned, and whispered something to the loud man. "EH!? Who do you think I be? I be the Captain o' the Shark's Fin! O'course I can pay!" The man placed a small sack of coin in the barmaid's hand. "And don't ye be askin' fer anything else! Keep the beer flowing! HAHAHAHA!" The barmaid looked into the bag and seemed to nearly faint. Garret caught a glimpse of gold coin in the bag. It wasn't a small amount, either.

That is definitely the go-to guy. Garret decided, resolving to ask the man if he could join his crew. As Garret began to walk towards the captain, a rather large individual was passing by. Garret took a half step, so as to avoid bumping into the man if the man followed suit. The rather large man, drinking from a mug in one hand while eating a leg of ham in the other, didn't seem to notice Garret and bumped right into him. "Sorry, sir." Garret said, nodding his head to the man as he passed by.

Garret approached the captain. "I heard you say you're the captain of the Shark's Fin. I don't have any experience, but are you looking for extra hands on your ship?" Garret was hoping to hear a positive answer, but was soon disappointed.

"Ha! Double ha! I ain't lookin' fer no landlubber aboard me beautiful craft. Come back when ye have some hair on yer chest, boy!" The rest of the room began to laugh alongside the captain as he declined Garret's service aboard his ship, but soon grew silent. Even the captain who had started the entire thing in the first place had gone silent. Garret frowned, wondering why that was the case. Suddenly, his Borg activated and Garret felt the force of something heavy having slammed down atop him. Beer fell down on his clothing, and Garret turned around to see what was happening. The large oversized man who had bumped into him earlier was standing there, with beer over a part of his body, enraged and confused. Garret wasn't sure if the beer was there from when he had been bumped into earlier, or if it had splashed back onto the man when the man had expected to have Garret Beer Mugged.

His confusion was likely due to the fact that Garret still stood before him. Looking at the man closer, it looked like this guy was drunk out of his mind, and Garret wondered if the ligh from his Borg even registered to the drunken sailor. The drunken sailor tried to take another drink from his mug, but the beer was all empty. He let out a scream of anger, and most of the other patrons stood up and got out of the way. There were some that were so far into their drinks, however, that they didn't even realize what was going on around them.

The captain from before swore. "Shit, matey, you pissed off the wrong sailor. That's Ham-Fist Sammy. He be known for his drunken rages." The sailor in question just finished screaming and threw the mug at the Captain, who ducked the thing as it came flying by. Garret was just about to ask the captain why, exactly, he was called Ham-Fist, but didn't have the opportunity to as the drunken sailor attacked Garret with the giant ham that was in his other hand. It was a veritable Drunken Ham Strike that was sent Garret's way.

Garret acted quickly, utilizing River Styx Style: Pond Reflects, striking the ham itself with a rising crane fist. His foot shot out to Ham-fist Sammy's shin as he attacked the drunken man with a Pressurized strike, utilizing a side kick to do so. The man yelled out in pain, holding the wound and jumping up and down on one foot. Having believed he had settled the issue, Garret sighed. He was about to walk out when he had heard a shout from the captain. "Now ye've done it, kiddo!"

Garret turned in time to see Ham-fist Sammy bring a table down towards him. Had his borg not absorbed the intial impact from the drunken man's Enraged Table Slap, Garret wondered if he would have had enough time to defend himsefl from the strike. As it were, however, Garret had plenty of time to use his River Styx Style: Fish Swims Upstream to redirect the table to the right of Garret after it had destroyed his Borg. Garret used the momentum of his defensive action to slide around Ham-fist Sammy. Garret kicked the back of Ham-fist Sammy's knee, using River Styx Style: Tranquil Strike which had caused the giant of a man to stumble forward and fall on his hands and knees. Garret then brought down to bare River Styx Style: Raging Current in order to rush the man and plant a knee into his back while afterwards performing a forward roll he had recently learned from Fusao in judo, and landing a second kick onto the fat man's face.

The crowd became boisterous again, cheering Garret on as he acrobatically flittered about, fighting the enraged drunken sailor. "I think it's time you sobered up." Garret said, taking out Kuroi Shimo. The crowd grew silent, and suddenly a barrel of water burst from somewhere in the back as water came rushing over due to Garret's Water Manipulation Technique. Garret sent out more magoi, using Pressure Control in concert with his Water manipulation Technique in order to cause damage to the man's head as the water covered him momentarily. The man passed out, and the water splashed to the floor. He caughed a bit and everyone stared before giving out another cheer.

"Put the damages on me tab, lass! There be more ta this landlubber than meets the eyes, eh!? You, you said you were looking to join a crew? Well look no further, matey, we'll get you your sea legs soon enough. Hahaha! Come, have a drink with me!"  The man was quite jovial for someone who could have potentially been in the crossfire of the whole thing, but it all worked out in the end.

Garret was silently thankful for Ham-fist Sammy having such an uncontrollable drunken fit.

OOC:
Word Count 1646/1500
130 of 250 Stamina/Magoi remaining.

Abilities Used:

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum