The Plant

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Plant Empty The Plant 02/07/14, 01:27 am

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

What I'm bringing Along:

Garret had finally arrived at his destination. He needed to find the informant inside the city and figure out who his mark was. He began by asking around for where the bar 'The Huang Place To Be' was. Despite the name of the bar itself, it was actually a fairly ritzy establishment, frequented by many of the middle class and some of the upper class of society. Garret found the location easily enough after being directed to it by several citizens.

He entered The Huang Place To Be and was immediately assaulted by the smell of roasted meats and other mouth watering dishes. It was not simply a bar, it was a bar and grill. It was also filled with people. No, focus on the mission. Should be an easy one. He looked about, and found the table close to the fireplace. A man was sitting there; maybe the one he was supposed to meet up with.

Garret walked over to him. "This seat taken?" He motioned toward the chair opposite the man at the table.

"Take a seat, friend." The man nodded to him, smoking on a pipe. "'The sky sure is clear today. The sun's up pretty high.'"

Garret paused. That's the sign. I suppose I should give him the counter sign. "'I hear the moon is full tonight. Think there will be wolves about?'"

The man nodded. "'Wolves come in all forms, friend. Have you ever heard of the shape-shifter from the east?'"

Garret knew then that this was indeed his contact. They spoke for some length about stories and nonsense, and Garret ordered up a meal and savored it's flavor while doing so. The two were speaking in code, and Garret was told after they finished there, he would show him his mark. "And that's why, my friend, I should show you around town!" He had just finished another story as they completed their meal and offered his hand up.

Garret got up on his own, refusing the hand. "Well, if you want to be that way, that's fine. But still, the city is great, you'll love it." The man had Garret follow him through the marketplace and towards the government's quarter. Without actually entering, they passed by the place as many of the clerks were leaving for the day. When Garret's mark came out, they began following him. All the while, the informant was telling Garret about the city when he slipped the stolen object into Garret's hand. Garret quickly hid the object; it was an expensive necklace. When the mark approached the marketplace, the informant told Garret he had to leave, and left Garret to his job.

The stalking of the man was a project he undertook with deliberate care. He walked with purpose, on the opposite side of the street as the man perused the market stalls. When he had nothing much more than a quick meal, the mark began walking back home. Garret followed him, and saw that the man lived in a fairly nice part of the town with bushes surrounding the property.

He spent the next day watching the man's coming and going to and from work. It looked like there was a maid who came to clean his home during the day while he was out. Garret quickly went to the marketplace and prepared a bucket of water, at night, to be on top of the jeweler's stall.

The next day, after the maid had already left from cleaning, Garret entered the marketplace and began looking around, making his way to the jeweler's stall. As he got closer, he pulled out his wand and whispered his spell to activate his Water Manipulation Technique. The water from the bucket whirled outwards and sloshed into the jeweler from the opposite side Garret was standing. While the jeweler grabbed everyone's attention by trying to find out who dumped a bucket of water on him, Garret filched a ring that was unattended on the display. Quickly making his way back to the clerk's home, Garret took out a small waterskin after he arrived at the door. Opening it up, he once again cast the Water Manipulation Technique, moving the liquid through the door's crack and into the latch strike that holds the door shut, pushing on the piece of steel so the door would open, without having to attempt to pick the lock.

Garret quickly entered the home and looked for a drawer or chest that would be obvious. He placed it in a bedside chest, beneath some clothing that was likely prepared for the next day. Job finished, he quickly left, door back in place and still locked.

He made his way to the market place and waited until he saw the clerk walking back towards his home. Garret approached a guard and gave a detailed description of the clerk he just saw pocket a ring at the jeweler's stall. The guard immediately went over to the jeweler and began speaking to him. Garret left, not sticking to the scene.

Two days later, Garret found himself in The Huang Place To Be once again, sitting at the table with the informant. "Our friend is spending time now. My payment?" The informant asked, drumming his fingers on the table. Garret slid a small briefcase of Huang to the man. The informant picked it up and nodded to Garret. "Remember," he said "If you're ever in town, it's never the Huang time to be here at The Huang Place To Be." before disappearing into the crowd.

Sighing, Garret made his way back to the port city to report the mission's success.

OOC:
End report:
130/150 Magoi
944/500 words

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]