You are not connected. Please login or register

First link in the chain that divides (social/plot)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ustad

Ustad
C-Tier
C-Tier

The second morning of their captivity they were gathered into the large group and fed once again. This time the rotund chef had handed out eggs over rice and biscuits. The food was probably the highlight of this for most of the captives, simply for the fact it was better than usual slavers or bandits serve. Once more this would make some think about the possibility of someone or s group even backing Marx and his band of bandits. If this plan goes smoothly then there is a large amount of money to be made. It would make sense if there was something more hiding deep underneath, plucking at strings.

Afterwards they would all be loaded up in wagers and began being transported. Ustad and the other architects were separated from the group and rode in a large carriage with Marx and a few others inside. Here Marx wanted to describe what he had envisioned for the wall. He wanted a 10 meter tall and 5 meter wide wall believing that would be enough. He wanted entry points every 50 or 100 kilometers that could serve as resting spots as well that would be the size of the walls.

At this ustad would speak up. “When you take into consideration of the workers, that is most definitely doable. Many will still perish but it is plausible” he would pause take a sip of the tea that was prepared for them. “However, I believe your vision is much too small and limited. I believe that we can do at least 25 meters high by 15 wide for the walls and 50 for the entry points. I know that will sound like too much but I could achieve that rather quickly. I have an item, that if you allow, will let me be able to build to these parameters rather instantly. The most time consuming part would be adding art and rooms and such to the structures that we make. The wall itself won't need rooms but we could if you think it would be a good idea. As for the entry points it would be best if we turned them into townships or small cities that people can actually live in. Using them as Fort Towns. You can charge entry and exit and then have control or percentage of all businesses inside them. But that way all of your artists will be used to their full potential and won't be overworked nearly as much.”

Marx was for the second day in a row at lost for words for a brief moment first it was the sculptor known as Josser, and now from this Architect. “I will say that I did not expect anyone here to have use of magic or magic tools. If this is something that you can achieve then I am okay with changing the dimensions of this. But, if it takes longer we will go back to my plan “ the other architects and planners looks at ustad with annoyance and confusion. Why would a captive want to add more work to themselves? They did not understand it.

By the time that they had finished their meeting, they had made it to their destination. They were at the northern end of the great plains, most likely somewhere in the middle of it. Ustad and the others would observe the ground, it was a bit soft but there were ways around it. The main concern was making sure that the wall went far enough into the see that people would not be able to simply walk around. Now swimming would be possible still but if they could limit that as much as possible that would be to the benefit of their goal. They would begin to prepare the area, digging a solid, smooth spot once low tide had hit.

Once the work was done, the group would clear the path as the architect went up and would begin to feed magoi into Last architect, forming an armor around his body before gesturing to the excavated side and creating a massive, 50 meter cubed structure almost instantly. This would shock everyone except for Josser and surprisingly, Dasom the painter. The first piece of the massive wall was made. After this ustad would continue to use the Last Architect 8 more times, 3 to add to the first structure. Making each of the remaining so that it would fit each other piece of the wall so that it would form one cohesive, singular piece of outstretched wall. These other parts of the wall would be half of the height and width but still 50m long. Since it specifically made only 4 walls, floor and ceiling, so what he ended up doing was making them 49 meters thick from each side so that they would be close to a solid piece of wall.

Once he was done he would take a much needed break. While this was happening, the rest of the imprisoned group would begin work of their own. They would begin their work on the 50m structures by adding a doorway on both the east and west end of the building, creating an unbroken path through one side of the massive 100m long and 50m high fort. Stairs would also be added to give access to the top of the wall. Once access to the wall top was gained, they woul split into two working groups. The wall group would be creating the crowning on sides as well as raised positions for watchers or archers. The building crew would be working on the interior of the structure.

This time would be spent making walls and floors in the large structure. The plan was to have 10 floora at intervals of 5 feet which was close to 2 stories a floor. The first and fifth floor were being made into large open spaces, the first having some  stores and other permanent fixtures as well as check points and various forms to deal with people wanting to pass through towards the other side of the plains. They would do this by hand since Ustad had used all of his magic to build this portion of wall. They would build struts and supports for the floors, giving it a bit of a arch shape. Once the floors are complete they would begin making a bunch of rooms on each floor, one or two floors would be specifically for the bandits operations while the rest were more residential or barracks if they ever get their own militia.

During the construction process the other artists would start their own work. Josser had taken control of the sculptors simply because of his charismatic and charming nature. They would work on making a series of reliefs along the bottoms, top and middle. These would tell stories of various cultures from the people that were gathered to work on this. One was about the creation of Merridia, albeit a more mythological version. The next was the battle of Kou and then the rise of Tartarus and the war that broke out due to that. At each corner would be large 15m statues jutting out from the structure. These would be imposing, judge like figures that were to act as judges to those that pass beneath their gates. They would be made from marble that they had brought with them for supplies.

Finally there was Dasom and the other painters. No one in particular lead the group but they had all collectively came up with some ideas. The outside of the wall would be one giant mural that would be interpreted by the Frescoes. They would depict the landscape of Merridia with their lush forrests and showcasing their heavy amount of flora. This would be done on wet plaster that would dry with the paint. Then in the inside they would choose a few bright colors, blues and greens to live up the inside in more monotone, and solid colors.

This work would take about 2 weeks or so even with Ustad help once his magoi had recovered. Of course they got breaks and plenty of decent food but it proved to be hard and unrelenting work nonetheless. It would prove to be a daunting job but the were finally done besides finishing touches that the bandits themselves would add. With this they were given a week to rest and prepare for the next chunk of wall.

WC 1413/1000 C tier EXP

Items and NPCs:

Ani

Ani
A-Tier
A-Tier

Approved don't forget to claim your xp

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum