Hell Bent [Against Arthur]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hell Bent [Against Arthur] Empty Hell Bent [Against Arthur] 02/03/23, 09:33 am

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

Job Info:

He had endured those insults for months. He had suffered the cold shoulders, the way their eyes never seemed to be able to meet, the outbursts when he was not inside the palace - and the silences when he was. It was inevitable that his master would dismiss his service, and all his hard work would come pouring down like rain and sleet on a winter's eve.

He waited and waited for that time. He waited for months until he would be informed of his dismissal; waited for when the drawn-out punishment would come to a halt; waited for everything to be brought to nothing. Was it even my fault? After all, he had only wanted what was best for his master. Did I really deserve this punishment? Well, he had failed his master twice in this matter…

Then came the black-clouded thunderstorm. He did not remember how long he stood there, watching the flashes of lightning, listening to the cracks of thunder, his face getting colder and wetter with each moment. Was that rain or just tears? After some time, the incessant rain slowed down, the thunder ceased its uproar and the lightning was replaced with the silvery moon. But when he looked at his reflection within the moonlit puddles, he realised why his wet face had become warm again…

Oh, that was blood.

-----

Retreat with the Toads, Kihya. We owe them this excavation…' Anxious for their operation’s safety, Zubaidah ushered the Toads away with Kihya, whose dagger was drawn in nervous anticipation, ‘…and cannot afford to lose trust from Pedar Natakas.'

'As you wish, milady.'

Who could have infiltrated a camp such as this?' Naimes joined Zubaidah’s side, confusion clear within his words, ‘Well, since this was a civilian-led excavation, we employed just a small number of Hashashin guards. We had no expectation of an attack on this site, given that Pedar Natakas granted us permission. If anyone attacked here, it would draw the ire of the most respected man in Parthevia.' 'But if they weren’t Parthevian?'

They would neither know nor care…' A scowl contorting his face, Naimes grimaced with the sudden but certain realisation, ‘I believe that prince Leon has just made his move.'

As they shared nervous looks between themselves, they all heard the scuffle of boots somewhere behind them. Hands jumping towards their blades, they turned around and pointed them at… ‘Par - Pardon me, sirs and madam!' An old man had emerged from behind the ruined edifice, surprise clearly written upon his face.

We told everyone to evacuate, good sir.' ‘Ah, sorry, I needed to retrieve my belongings!' ‘I believe that all belongings were taken with the foreman Kihya.' ‘Is that right? Of course! I must have forgotten…'

As those words slipped from his mouth, Zubaidah was filled with a tight feeling within her chest, like her heart was trying to break through her ribcage. ‘It’s you…'

mag: 340/340 | stam: 390/390 | words: 225/2000

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum